Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Priority is limited to 90 people.

110 people now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

billie1b wrote: »
    110 people now

So only 79 not priority, confess I will purchase for the 2 bags alone( even though it means queueing on the stairs at most airports)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrhMcqx6vw

Does the new EU direcrive mean RY can’t impose a credit card charge from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

joeysoap wrote: »
    Does the new EU direcrive mean RY can’t impose a credit card charge from now on?

Yes. I booked flights last week (before the directive came into force) and wasn't charged fees on a credit card payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭deezell

It's a while since I travelled with family on Ryanair - but they have definitely changed their "randomised" seating algorithm over the last year.

As a family of 3, we always ended up sitting together without having to pay extra for seats. Plane seats filled up in a seemingly pre-determined order, row by complete row, so it was hardly random at all.

Now it appears the "randomised algorithm" deliberately allocates middle seats first (within the 4 day free seat allocation window) to create seating splits. Despite there definitely being seats left together, my 12 year old son and I were allocated seats at different ends of the aircraft. Another new feature since we last travelled then offered a second opportunity to switch those seats (at a non-discounted price) to ones that are together. Risking familial strife (which of course Ryanair exploit), I declined. Mutually agreeable seat swaps soon sorted it out though prior to flying, and we weren't the only ones on the plane doing it.

Of course, it all makes sense why last year they introduced the policy of forcing under 12s parents to buy at least one seat now.

"Always Getting Better"? Draw your own conclusion.
    Its a joke. Why would they not put three people together, it's the perfect number, instead of messing up three rows. I went online to PAY for two seats together, and all the remaining centre seats were blanked off in order to f**k over people who check in later for free seating. I couldn't get two seats together! Had to take a Window and an aisle, and then negotiate with the poor sod who had been stuck (for free) between us. Ten minutes into the flight we moved to an entire row of free seats. Heres a tip. Check in your first free seat. If there's a vacant one beside it, pay for that. Two together for the price of one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

AFAIK they are not allowed to charge you any more than their bank is charging them. ie. they are not allowed to make a profit on these transactions any more.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    AFAIK they are not allowed to charge you any more than their bank is charging them. ie. they are not allowed to make a profit on these transactions any more.

Now the penny drops,I was wondering where all those ‘odd’ flight prices were coming from,

They have increased most flights by 2% to take account of this ie I was looking at a flight last week and it was €80.99 now it’s €82.61.

So in effect Ryanair have increased the price of flights for customers who use a debit card.

deezell wrote: »
    Its a joke. Why would they not put three people together, it's the perfect number, instead of messing up three rows. I went online to PAY for two seats together, and all the remaining centre seats were blanked off in order to f**k over people who check in later for free seating. I couldn't get two seats together! Had to take a Window and an aisle, and then negotiate with the poor sod who had been stuck (for free) between us. Ten minutes into the flight we moved to an entire row of free seats. Heres a tip. Check in your first free seat. If there's a vacant one beside it, pay for that. Two together for the price of one.

The middle seats were probably allocated to passengers who had already checked in. If you make a ‘dummy’ booking on the same flight, before checking in, and agree to purchase a seat you will see what’s still free. I did this last booking in October and in the 4 day window I could see the middle seats being allocated on an ongoing basis. I waited until there was only one left -3B- before checking in. I got 4A (would have preferred an aisle but beggars..........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Oh and BREAKING NEWS... if you do NOT pay for priority boarding your wheelies will go in the hold. From January 2017.

I actually prefer that and have asked them at the gate to give us the tags to stick the bags in the hold, its not a major inconvenience and the bags are waiting for you by the time you get inside

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Any idea when the next sale is on? missed the blue and yellow one yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Danno wrote: »
    Any idea when the next sale is on? missed the blue and yellow one yesterday :(

They're like Harvvveeeey.

Both seem to have a different 'Sale' on every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Quick thing for people so i book with ryanair and it put us all over the plane. I was going to change our seats and pay but at the last screen where payments details are required i canceled. Again i went back to book these seats and they were unavailable. But guess what on the plane i boarded with my family and all seats were empty so i just sat in them for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niko85

I like to have my cabin luggage with me when I fly so I don't waste time at the baggage carousel when I land (40min in Bologna recently). But with Ryan Air, the only way (since 15 Jan) to have my luggage with me is to have a "priority" boarding ticket. I just find it ridiculous. They call it a "priority" boarding pass, which allows you to check in before others at the gate, but then spend 20+ min waiting usually in the cold and standing until you can finally board the plane... Ryan Air starts the boarding checking before/during people from the previous flight are de-boarding. Even if you pay more, the service you get doesn't seem to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Niko85 wrote: »
    I like to have my cabin luggage with me when I fly so I don't waste time at the baggage carousel when I land (40min in Bologna recently). But with Ryan Air, the only way (since 15 Jan) to have my luggage with me is to have a "priority" boarding ticket. I just find it ridiculous. They call it a "priority" boarding pass, which allows you to check in before others at the gate, but then spend 20+ min waiting usually in the cold and standing until you can finally board the plane... Ryan Air starts the boarding checking before/during people from the previous flight are de-boarding. Even if you pay more, the service you get doesn't seem to improve.

I flew 2 weeks ago. Brought me hand luggage with me.
    Think it’s only when you have 2 bags you have to put one of them in the hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Priority boarding now basically means you are guaranteed to get your bag(s) into the cabin. That’s the only reason to buy it, as often as not as Nico85 posts you are left in a cold and drafty stairway (Dublin) or left to burn in the baking sun (Faro) while the airplane is got ready. Also if they are boarding wheeelchair passengers you are left standing at the foot of the airplane and it could be lashing.

You have priority, you know you are guaranteed your bags on board - so board late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niko85

Priority boarding now basically means you are guaranteed to get your bag(s) into the cabin. That’s the only reason to buy it, as often as not as Nico85 posts you are left in a cold and drafty stairway (Dublin) or left to burn in the baking sun (Faro) while the airplane is got ready. Also if they are boarding wheeelchair passengers you are left standing at the foot of the airplane and it could be lashing.

You have priority, you know you are guaranteed your bags on board - so board late.

That's actually a good point. Can you get a priority boarding pass and board last? I think that with the new rules, as only priority passengers will get into the plane with their trolley luggage, that shouldn't be a problem. But I am worried about non priority passengers putting their backpack and jackets on the overhead locker...

Niko85 wrote: »
    That's actually a good point. Can you get a priority boarding pass and board last? I think that with the new rules, as only priority passengers will get into the plane with their trolley luggage, that shouldn't be a problem. But I am worried about non priority passengers putting their backpack and jackets on the overhead locker...

Crew will remove them and put them under their seats. That do that already, Aer Lingus too. The days of a single passenger stuffing an entire locker with case, handbags, little knapsacks, laptops, coats, duty free etc. are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 charlesdelap

Help needed. I am trying to book a new flight from Amsterdam to Dublin; the original flight for Friday 2 March 2018 has been cancelled because of the snow. All goes smoothly on Ryanair's web pages until I select my new flight. The "continue" button is greyed-out. I have tried selecting other days, other flights but the button remains greyed-out. Ryanair's help phone and live chat are constantly busy. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Had to cancel car hire with ryanair for tomorrow, because of the obvious weather conditions.

No refund and no recourse available. Typical.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Had to cancel car hire with ryanair for tomorrow, because of the obvious weather conditions.

Sometimes pays to make your hotel/ car booking direct with provider. You can try contacting the provider direct and ask for a deferral, or a credit note. I just cancelled my hotel.com room for Saturday in case flight us grounded. If it goes, It's one click to reinstate hotel booking. Hotel has a 3 day cancel policy so no point risking €230

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why did you cancel? I'm due to fly out with them tomorrow and if they cancel the flight then they have to refund you but if you cancel, they owe you nothing. So I'm playing the waiting game.
    If it does go ahead and I can't get there then I'm no worse off.

I've got a hotels.com booking but it's non-refundable unfortunately. Might be able to claim it from the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

ixoy wrote: »
    Why did you cancel? I'm due to fly out with them tomorrow and if they cancel the flight then they have to refund you but if you cancel, they owe you nothing. So I'm playing the waiting game.
    If it does go ahead and I can't get there then I'm no worse off.

I've got a hotels.com booking but it's non-refundable unfortunately. Might be able to claim it from the insurance.

My flight tomorrow has been cancelled. Just got a text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Yeah. Typical of the weather.

Got a text at 6am that my flight today has been cancelled. The refund is already back in my account. I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Due to fly out at 5 tomorrow, anyone think there is any chance of it going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Joekers wrote: »
    Due to fly out at 5 tomorrow, anyone think there is any chance of it going ahead?

Word on the ground here is that the airport is closing at 3pm today and not re-opening until Saturday morning.

Joekers wrote: »

Surprised to see RY sent a flight out to Lanzarote less than an hour ago.this flight has no chance of returning to Dublin tonight,

Relative was on an AL flight into Dublin last night, circled for an hour before landing, then another hour waiting for a gate.

It’s rough on airlines and passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

:)

More likely with Ryanair they have to book their own accommodation.

Just heard an interview with spokesperson from Dublin airport.

The Airport is NOT closing this afternoon, just not operational.

Work that one out.

Advertisement