Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Where is the link to claim 250 for delayed flight compensation on Ryanair's site? Can't find it anywhere.

All links seem to want receipts as proof. Waited 3.5 hours nothing to do with weather. Going around in circles.

Any help appreciated.

What was the cause of the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

amcalester wrote: »
    I've ripped the tag off my bag after the gate a few times when I knew I was in a rush at the far side, that could explain the number of bags on board.

She noted your boarding number on her sheet ie ie if you say printed off your boarding passes the day before and were sequence 179 to board , she noted this. Not sating they would have noticed one or two missing though. ( it was Faro, so probably nobody in a rush )

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

joeysoap wrote: »
    I was on a RY flight this week. Interesting to note how they dealt with the bags issue. About 10 mins before boarding a staff member came round and went to each seat and asked to see boarding pass, and tagged your bag accordingly. I didn’t notice if she walked the queue but I’d guess she did. The person(s) on the actual gate ignored the bag issue entirely as there was dozens of tagged bags and you just left them on a trolley near the aircraft. The trolley was full by the time I got there.
    I was still surprised how many bags were on board,I think many who booked priority took two cabin size bags on board (that was my observation anyway) and also if anyone rocked up ‘late’ to the boarding queue they also got their bag on board, priority or not as the RY staff member was somewhere else by then and the staff checking passports/boarding cards were not looking at the bags.

I've ripped the tag off my bag after the gate a few times when I knew I was in a rush at the far side, that could explain the number of bags on board.
    This is exactly the type of behaviour that has lead to the crack down on cabin bags and new policy restricting everyone who’s non priority to bring bags on board. And if this continues Ryanair will simply get stricter, cabin crew could easily check your boarding pass at the door, see if you have priority boarding and if not off re-tag your bag and leave you red faced.

joeysoap wrote: »
    I was on a RY flight this week. Interesting to note how they dealt with the bags issue. About 10 mins before boarding a staff member came round and went to each seat and asked to see boarding pass, and tagged your bag accordingly. I didn’t notice if she walked the queue but I’d guess she did. The person(s) on the actual gate ignored the bag issue entirely as there was dozens of tagged bags and you just left them on a trolley near the aircraft. The trolley was full by the time I got there.
    I was still surprised how many bags were on board,I think many who booked priority took two cabin size bags on board (that was my observation anyway) and also if anyone rocked up ‘late’ to the boarding queue they also got their bag on board, priority or not as the RY staff member was somewhere else by then and the staff checking passports/boarding cards were not looking at the bags.

This is exactly the type of behaviour that has lead to the crack down on cabin bags and new policy restricting everyone who’s non priority to bring bags on board. And if this continues Ryanair will simply get stricter, cabin crew could easily check your boarding pass at the door, see if you have priority boarding and if not off re-tag your bag and leave you red faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Hi,

When can i do online checkin for free with ryanair? I purchased allocated seating.
    They change their rules regularly.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Locker10a wrote: »

That wouldn't leave me red-faced at all.

I travel with a suitcase that meets their dimensions and in my experience I am singled out at the gate and told to place my bag in the hold whether I'm one of the first non-priority passengers to board or not.

The first few times I argued that they weren't following their own guidelines but that got nowhere, meanwhile once on the plane people strolled on after me with over sized/awkwardly sized luggage so now I say nothing and remove the tag and place my bag in the overhead bin.

If they check my boarding pass and re-tag my bag, fair enough I'm not going to argue but it'll never happen.

That wouldn't leave me red-faced at all.

I travel with a suitcase that meets their dimensions and in my experience I am singled out at the gate and told to place my bag in the hold whether I'm one of the first non-priority passengers to board or not.

The first few times I argued that they weren't following their own guidelines but that got nowhere, meanwhile once on the plane people strolled on after me with over sized/awkwardly sized luggage so now I say nothing and remove the tag and place my bag in the overhead bin.

If they check my boarding pass and re-tag my bag, fair enough I'm not going to argue but it'll never happen.
    But because of these baggage offloading issues they have now changed their policy and ONLY priority boarding passengers are allowed to bring their case into the cabin. ALL non-prioroty passengers will have bags tagged and placed in the hold for free. The old system was taking too long and flights were missing their departure time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The stairwells provide too much cover for people to take the p1ss and remove tags.
    Ryanair will only get stricter and stricter if people take the piss and start causing delays again. Like I say, cabin crew can check at the boarding door if you’re eligible to carry a case into the cabin and deny boarding to those who aren’t until they agree to comply. Simple

Doesn’t it say in the confirmation email they sent? I think it’s 24hrs before.
    Their own email they’ve sent you should clarify

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Hi,

When can i do online checkin for free with ryanair? I purchased allocated seating.
    They change their rules regularly.

Thanks

30-60 days before,(depends when ticket was purchased, as this rule was changed recently) once you have seats purchased. 4 days other wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

But because of these baggage offloading issues they have now changed their policy and ONLY priority boarding passengers are allowed to bring their case into the cabin. ALL non-prioroty passengers will have bags tagged and placed in the hold for free. The old system was taking too long and flights were missing their departure time

Of course, I'd forgotten about that change. I thought it was first 90 bags were allowed on and it was those guidelines I was referring to.

With the new guidelines I wouldn't remove the tag, I'd pay for priority if I was in a rush.

I flew with them since this change was introduced in Jan(?) and it wasn't enforced on my flight, I was allowed bring my back on without being a priority ticket holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

From their website:

•Customers who purchase seats can check-in between 60 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time.
    •Customers who don’t purchase seats can check-in between 4 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time.
    •Flexi Plus customers can check-in at the airport free of charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I agree with all above. I didn’t have priority and accepted they going to take my ‘cabin’ bag. Hence I also had a laptop type bag as well, for keys, passport, wallet, phone book and iPad. They allow this. I’d say 100% of the passengers accepted the new arrangement no problem. I had an aisle seat, no awkard bag etc so I boarded pretty late, and I noticed that people who turn up at the gate pretty late have a good chance of getting their bags on board. The young lady had presumably moved to another flight, the desk crew were not checking, so you might get your bags on board by arriving late-ish at the gate. By then the overhead bins might be full of course, and you couldn’t be certain of being even near your bag. The overhead lockers were still full on this flight.

Added: it’s not called priority boarding now, it’s called priority and 2 bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

My God. Got a reply back saying the will respond within 28 working days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

My God. Got a reply back saying the will respond within 28 working days..

Is this online link any use? Your letter might be as quick to get results, but belt and braces approach :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Got an email late this afternoon. They're giving me the €250 per passenger. No need for the 28 working day wait after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Hastily booked flights for myself and my dad but booked his tickets as Thomas rather than Tom, it's Tom on his passport, will this be an issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Hastily booked flights for myself and my dad but booked his tickets as Thomas rather than Tom, that is on his passport, will this be an issue?

You can change details within 24hrs of booking for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have a dilemma.

I booked two returns and had a birthday gift of a voucher. All good so far. Voucher not accepted as my name was spelled incorrectly on the voucher, one letter out.

Get on to webchat, they said to book with the incorrect name so the voucher would be accepted, and they will change name for free within 24 hours. All good so far, booking made, voucher accepted.

BUT when I went to change the name they said they could NOT do it as a voucher was used. They had no other solution except to leave a note at both airports to allow me to board. I am very nervous about this, I just don't trust them much. I think it is a bit of a worry in case I am not allowed to board.

Has anyone any advice? I tried webchat a couple more times, and despite the first agent advising me to do what I did, every other one has said a big FAT NO to changing my name now. I am gutted. I did exactly as they advised. I kept a printout of the webchat but I doubt gate staff will care.

Very very nervous about this now. All because a very kind relative bought me a lovely voucher for my birthday but got my name wrong by one letter.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I have a dilemma.

I booked two returns and had a birthday gift of a voucher. All good so far. Voucher not accepted as my name was spelled incorrectly on the voucher, one letter out.

Get on to webchat, they said to book with the incorrect name so the voucher would be accepted, and they will change name for free within 24 hours. All good so far, booking made, voucher accepted.

BUT when I went to change the name they said they could NOT do it as a voucher was used. They had no other solution except to leave a note at both airports to allow me to board. I am very nervous about this, I just don't trust them much. I think it is a bit of a worry in case I am not allowed to board.

Has anyone any advice? I tried webchat a couple more times, and despite the first agent advising me to do what I did, every other one has said a big FAT NO to changing my name now. I am gutted. I did exactly as they advised. I kept a printout of the webchat but I doubt gate staff will care.

Very very nervous about this now. All because a very kind relative bought me a lovely voucher for my birthday but got my name wrong by one letter.

Thanks.

Quote them this:

"Don’t worry, customers who have booked their flight directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates/times) free of charge."

From their own website:
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Minor-booking-changes-within-24-hours

And insist on the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭deezell

Could they not change the lead name on the voucher? You can do this with are lingus voucher if the voucher name is not travelling, just change to a different beneficiary. Too late now I suppose.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As someone who has a normal enough first name, but had an extra letter added when registering the birth, I get this all the time. I've been on Ryanair a couple of times when booked with the correct spelling, with my passport the abnormal way and never had an issue.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Quote them this:

"Don’t worry, customers who have booked their flight directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates/times) free of charge."

From their own website:
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Flight-Changes-And-Refunds/Minor-booking-changes-within-24-hours

And insist on the change.

Thank you.

The reason they are point blank refusing is because the voucher is called Jane and the name travelling is Jan. That's it. I cannot get anywhere with them at all.

I am absolutely scared of being turned back at the gate, that means two pax lose their trip. I wouldn't mind so much on the way back I have somewhere to stay and could book another flight I suppose.

They are not moving on this, and in fact in "My Ryanair" where all my details are stored it will not allow me change MY name because of the voucher, but no problem with the other pax on the booking.

I don't know what to do. There is no moving them. All because of a minor mistake in the voucher name. I doubt there will be any note at either gate TBH.

delly wrote: »
    As someone who has a normal enough first name, but had an extra letter added when registering the birth, I get this all the time. I've been on Ryanair a couple of times when booked with the correct spelling, with my passport the abnormal way and never had an issue.

Thanks,

I just have to try it on the day and hope for the best I suppose.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fred, I hope you are right. In the back of my mind I was thinking similarly....

I did yet another webchat earlier, and they categorically assured me that they would put a note on the booking, and it's good to go, no worries about boarding.

I have printed off the latest webchat which was a little more reassuring TBH, so let's hope for the best.

A lesson.... if buying a voucher make SURE the name is the same as on the passport!

Advertisement