Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A 5 star hotel, business class flights and a private room?

Did you win some sort of lottery that cost €7 or are you fibbing! :)

Totally worth it, I had an accident where I cut my Leg in Sri Lanka, all medical costs covered, Taxis and Hotel arranged to get around. Wheel Chair arranged on each airport on the way back, Taxi waiting to take me home from the Airport.

Business Class flight back with lie flat seat on Etihad.

Think the total bill came to around 4800 euros, all through www.internationalsos.com (My Insurance was via Delta Lloyd)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

joeysoap wrote: »

I have travelled in Europe dozens of times since. With the knowledge that airlines are governed by EU261 and my health insurance has medical cover abroad, and pretty good medical cover with the EC1H, I have never even considered taking out insurance.
    redcup342 wrote: »
    Totally worth it, I had an accident where I cut my Leg in Sri Lanka, all medical costs covered, Taxis and Hotel arranged to get around. Wheel Chair arranged on each airport on the way back, Taxi waiting to take me home from the Airport.

Business Class flight back with lie flat seat on Etihad.

Think the total bill came to around 4800 euros, all through www.internationalsos.com (My Insurance was via Delta Lloyd)

I was referring specifically to EU travel in my post.
    Fwiw my Laya policy has €1m (max €100k in any episode) included. However traveling outside Europe would make me consider taking travel insurance, but highly unlikely in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I was referring specifically to EU travel in my post.
    Fwiw my Laya policy has €1m (max €100k in any episode) included. However traveling outside Europe would make me consider taking travel insurance, but highly unlikely in Europe.

That's only for Healthcare though.

AFAIK Laya only cover you for In-Patient Healthcare and only pre-approved hospitals (e.g. getting whisked off to a private one in Greece, Spain or Portugal in an ambulance wouldn't be covered)

Also you won't really want to go searching which Hospital you can go to and enquire about costs before getting into the ambulance.

In my case the medical costs were only a fraction of it, the main costs were special arrangements so I could travel.

https://www.layatravelinsurance.ie/what-we-cover/what-we-cover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

ted1 wrote: »
    Says who , no airline would stop her

1. The website and ryanair (I called to find out when you cannot fly)
    2. Doctor.

Do you work for Ryanair? Or have experience with this?
    Just curious to where your information comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Just returned from a weekend in Northern England with my 12 year old son. Flew Ryanair on the way there, Aer Lingus on the way back.

On the outbound, was "randomly" allocated seats 16C and 17C, which was fine. Except for the fact that it's not possible for a 12 year old to sit in these rows due to the emergency exits. So the system is intelligent enough to deliberately split families up in an effort to encourage them to book seats together, but it's not intelligent enough not to allocate a child to a row where they can't actually sit.

Thank goodness we were travelling AL on the way back because we managed to lose one check-in print-out at security. It was reprinted at the gate on production of the passport. How much would that have cost with Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just returned from a weekend in Northern England with my 12 year old son. Flew Ryanair on the way there, Aer Lingus on the way back.

On the outbound, was "randomly" allocated seats 16C and 17C, which was fine. Except for the fact that it's not possible for a 12 year old to sit in these rows due to the emergency exits. So the system is intelligent enough to deliberately split families up in an effort to encourage them to book seats together, but it's not intelligent enough not to allocate a child to a row where they can't actually sit.

Thank goodness we were travelling AL on the way back because we managed to lose one check-in print-out at security. It was reprinted at the gate on production of the passport. How much would that have cost with Ryanair?

To be fair, if you have a phone on you, you could use your mobile boarding pass if you lost your paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Would have cost you absolutely nothing, zero, nada

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I can't remember the last time we used the paper boarding passes on Ryanair. Mobile boarding passes for us

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I can't remember the last time we used the paper boarding passes on Ryanair. Mobile boarding passes for us

Can you use one mobile device for more than one boarding pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yes, just swipe to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

It wouldn't have cost you anything. If you turn up at the airport with no boarding pass and they have to print one it will cost you € 20. But the fact that you went through security means you did have one, they just rewrite you one at the gate. Happens a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yes, no problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this.

My flight back to Glasgow (I live here now) from Lanzarote last Saturday morning (16th) was cancelled. We only found out the night before when we were out to dinner. The Mrs. got an email that she thought was spam at first telling us the flight was cancelled, citing the french ATC Stirke. We tried to use the options to reschedule another flight but both the Ryanair app and website weren't working. Pain in the arse!!

Got a taxi back to the flat and was able to transfer onto a flight to Newcastle, getting the last 2 seats thankfully. The flight was 20 minutes later than our original thankfully. Got to the airport the next morning and saw that they only cancelled the Glasgow and Leeds flights. Everything else running as normal. We got lucky that we were able to change onto a flight as there was a huge queue at the Ryanair help desk.

When we got the Newcastle we hired a car and drove back to Glasgow.

My questions are, are we entitled to any compensation for this? I know there are technicalities around ATC strikes but, the fact the Newcastle flight took off in the same direction 20 minutes after the Glasgow one was due has me suspicious. We were also given less than 12 hrs notice.

Are we entitled to travel expenses back? ie. rental car etc?

Where should I go for information or to start the process for this?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

My experience with Easy in Gatw a while back would say you have no hope of compensation, small print...... "industrial action..."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-30-taken-to-hospital-after-ryanair-flight-makes-emergency-landing-in-frankfurt-11436677
    Local police told the newspaper that some passengers were bleeding from their ears, while others complained of headaches, earaches and nausea.

Passengers on the Ryanair flight complained of headache, earache and nausea. File pic
    One passenger also mentioned people suffering from "sore ears" upon landing at Frankfurt Hahn Airport, some 60 miles west of the city, on Friday.

I thought this was the norm due to their inexcusably loud PA system to attempt to sell overpriced crap. I never got vouchers or an apology over my bloody ears...

while it wasn’t very ‘nice’ for anyone that emergency last week must have been particularly bad for families who were split up throughout the airplane. I suspect if (when) claims are made, the stress caused by not sitting next to your loved ones will feature strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

while it wasn’t very ‘nice’ for anyone that emergency last week must have been particularly bad for families who were split up throughout the airplane. I suspect if (when) claims are made, the stress caused by not sitting next to your loved ones will feature strongly.

How? If they wanted to sit together they could have. Would have cost extra, I'll give you that, but ultimately it was anyone's free choice to sit together or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Claims for what?

Claims for what?

There’s some very imaginative solicitors out there.

• Advertisement

I have a flight to Faro coming up. It’s on one of the Portuguese cabin crew strike days. So I have been keeping an eye on website for any indications of whether I might be affected. Late last night the flight was still there - marginally more expensive than i paid.

Good news for me anyway, my flight is not affected and is operating as normal.

But checking just now I see the price of this flight has rocketed to €380. I think passengers on the cancelled flight that day can transfer to it free? Would explain the sudden spike in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

If it is at 380 now it means there are only 1 or 2 seats left on the plane.

If it is at 380 now it means there are only 1 or 2 seats left on the plane.

That’s what I thought (not buying seats though).

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Ryanair used to do 24 hour bag drop (Last Year)
    I dont see it mentioned this time... can anyone tell me if its available ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

They do a night before bag drop for flights leaving before 0730 the following morning. Not advertised but still exists.

Ry flight to Faro on Thursday. Not affected by the strike, though the later flight was. And I rhink Michael was pulling a couple of strokes on this one.

When the late flight was cancelled this (16:40) flight went up from €70 to €380, as did the 9:30 am flight, next day this flight went up as sold out. But was available a few days later at €380 again. I had purchased seats previously, 25c and 25D as we both like aisle seats. So I checked on Wednesday hopeing to see empty seats beside us (25B and 25E). No such luck, all booked out except for the more expensive rows near the front and the ‘extra legroom’ seats.

Boarded fairly easily around 4.15 and the plans for swopping started early. In row 26 there was lady and I presume her daughter. Partner said he was in row 14 with an isle seat and he would check back later and see if the person in 26C would swop with him and he proceeded up the aircraft. Lady sitting beside me in 25B was separated from her husband and two daughters in row 24 (D/E/F) but she never asked me to swop. Came 16:30 and the doors are still open, but nobody more boarding.16:40 and the same. At this stage it clear the plane was not full, or even nearly full. Lady from 25B moved up to row 23 with her husband from 24D, leaving the two girls in row 24. I moved over to 25D and mrs soap moved in to 25F. Gent from row 14 reappears and moves into row 26 as D/E/F were empty. So from where I was there was empty rows and empty seats everywhere. I had a quick look and as far as I could see most of the middle seats were empty as everybody either moved out or moved in to empty seats. There was still whole rows empty.

So why did I see sold out seats nearly everywhere on the plane at midnight on Wednesday? And why did RY put the fares up on a fairly empty plane to €380? Were they trying to imply the flight was near full?

Anyway it was a very pleasant flight with a smooth landing. Couldn’t ask for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ry flight to Faro on Thursday. Not affected by the strike, though the later flight was. And I rhink Michael was pulling a couple of strokes on this one.

When the late flight was cancelled this (16:40) flight went up from €70 to €380, as did the 9:30 am flight, next day this flight went up as sold out. But was available a few days later at €380 again. I had purchased seats previously, 25c and 25D as we both like aisle seats. So I checked on Wednesday hopeing to see empty seats beside us (25B and 25E). No such luck, all booked out except for the more expensive rows near the front and the ‘extra legroom’ seats.

Boarded fairly easily around 4.15 and the plans for swopping started early. In row 26 there was lady and I presume her daughter. Partner said he was in row 14 with an isle seat and he would check back later and see if the person in 26C would swop with him and he proceeded up the aircraft. Lady sitting beside me in 25B was separated from her husband and two daughters in row 24 (D/E/F) but she never asked me to swop. Came 16:30 and the doors are still open, but nobody more boarding.16:40 and the same. At this stage it clear the plane was not full, or even nearly full. Lady from 25B moved up to row 23 with her husband from 24D, leaving the two girls in row 24. I moved over to 25D and mrs soap moved in to 25F. Gent from row 14 reappears and moves into row 26 as D/E/F were empty. So from where I was there was empty rows and empty seats everywhere. I had a quick look and as far as I could see most of the middle seats were empty as everybody either moved out or moved in to empty seats. There was still whole rows empty.

So why did I see sold out seats nearly everywhere on the plane at midnight on Wednesday? And why did RY put the fares up on a fairly empty plane to €380? Were they trying to imply the flight was near full?

Anyway it was a very pleasant flight with a smooth landing. Couldn’t ask for more.

More importantly why do people insist on disrupting everyone else and delaying flights instead of just paying a few quid extra if they actually want to sit together? They really need to start clamping down on that nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You really have too much time on your hands if you're checking prices and seat arrangements on flights you've already booked.

MOH wrote: »
    More importantly why do people insist on disrupting everyone else and delaying flights instead of just paying a few quid extra if they actually want to sit together? They really need to start clamping down on that nonsense

I partially agree with you. I bought seats as I wanted two aisle seats. But there’s only 2 of us, take a family of 4, and the costs start adding up. And I booked 25, one of the cheapest rows on the airplane. There was nobody disrupted on this flight. Everybody very happy. But that’s the exception, I know.
    You really have too much time on your hands if you're checking prices and seat arrangements on flights you've already booked.

:) yes I probably have. As they were still selling seats I just checked if I lucky and there was nobody around me. Question still remains - why did RY show seats booked that were clearly empty? Was it to get passengers to purchase more expensive seats? Fwiw I think it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

I am booking flight with Ryanair at the moment, if I try to book a flight from the destination to Dublin only, a 1 way flight, the cost is 372 euro. If I make it a return flight from Dublin to the destination and back, the return leg, the same flight as above, drops to 142 euro. It actually costs about half the price if I book it with a return journey and just don't use the outbound flight, that can't be right can it?

Advertisement