Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

Ryanair flights are two separate flights.
    So not really return flights. Don't see why you cannot have different bags on each leg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

You can if you book two separate flights. If you book a return trip you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

It's starting to bite ... in order to fill up those planes to 96% capacity they're having to drop base prices to €7.99 flights.

€2 less than there previous minimums, still another €4 to go to make up for the hand baggage charge.

We're now down to €5 base fares...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just on board now. Priority Queue was huge. Far bigger than non-priority. Granted there was still a good few sitting.

I imagine there's a limit for priority for each flight? Isn't it 90 bags they can store overhead? So will Priority be unavailable after 90 people have booked it?

Looking at flights for next year and priority was cheaper than checking a 10kg bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

No one knows the limit for how many priority slots there are. 90-100 has been suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I think it was 90 but increased to around 110 now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tomasflaherty

Im flying with Ryanair this weekend. Only have a normal sized backpack to bring with me. I normally put it under the seat on front of me as its only a short trip.
    Will I be ok with it?

Im flying with Ryanair this weekend. Only have a normal sized backpack to bring with me. I normally put it under the seat on front of me as its only a short trip.
    Will I be ok with it?

New on board size is 40 x 20 x 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,680 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Do Ryanair have USB ports on their fleet yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

callaway92 wrote: »
    I've never seen one yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

callaway92 wrote: »

Nope. Are the newer planes supposed to have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I had two refunds from Ryanair last week for charges I hadn't noticed (because they were PayPal) from bookings that didn't go through on Black Friday week. Took two weeks. Will pay more attention in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sparxx89

I booked return RA flights on the 4th Dec to Berlin for march. The money was pending for a week, then dropped off and is now back my acc. I contacted them twice and they said the transaction has gone through and the booking is confirmed, but bank have said otherwise, I’ve the booking ref and everything confirmed. Has this ever happened to anyone? Really don’t want to show up at the airport and there’s a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Who do I contact if Ryanair CS have been unable/unwilling to deal with a complaint satisfactorily?
    It could have been resolved in two minutes if the original CS rep was aware of the information on her own companies website !

sparxx89 wrote: »
    I booked return RA flights on the 4th Dec to Berlin for march. The money was pending for a week, then dropped off and is now back my acc. I contacted them twice and they said the transaction has gone through and the booking is confirmed, but bank have said otherwise, I’ve the booking ref and everything confirmed. Has this ever happened to anyone? Really don’t want to show up at the airport and there’s a problem.

See if you can manage booking ie book a seat ( you don’t actually have to do it, but on the other hand if do you can check in, I thin 90 days before flight)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

km79 wrote: »
    Who do I contact if Ryanair CS have been unable/unwilling to deal with a complaint satisfactorily?
    It could have been resolved in two minutes if the original CS rep was aware of the information on her own companies website !

I had a car hire issue with them, essentially they confirmed they would refund me
    for paying for an upgrade at the rental desk and two months later I still hadn't been refunded. I simply stayed on the call until they resolved it, took about 45 minutes, each time they said they would call me back I'd say I'm willing to stay on the call until someone who could resolve the issue was available, I must have been put on hold 10 times, promised callbacks at least five times but I refused to hang up, they wouldn't hang up either and at the end the came back and said refund had been processed and I'd have it in a few days, which did happen.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

That has happened to me with other airlines. They will suddenly take the money without warning within a few days.

joeysoap wrote: »
    See if you can manage booking ie book a seat ( you don’t actually have to do it, but on the other hand if do you can check in, I thin 90 days before flight)

Already booked seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Already booked seats!

Is the booking in your Ryanair account when you log in?

Wheety wrote: »
    Is the booking in your Ryanair account when you log in?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, Mick will be along to collect his money shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I had a car hire issue with them, essentially they confirmed they would refund me
    for paying for an upgrade at the rental desk and two months later I still hadn't been refunded. I simply stayed on the call until they resolved it, took about 45 minutes, each time they said they would call me back I'd say I'm willing to stay on the call until someone who could resolve the issue was available, I must have been put on hold 10 times, promised callbacks at least five times but I refused to hang up, they wouldn't hang up either and at the end the came back and said refund had been processed and I'd have it in a few days, which did happen.

Think it's just rentalcars.com doing the Ryanair Car Rentals... Ryanair themselves aren't actually doing anything other than showing it via their website

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭deezell

I'm no fan of ryanair, what with all the add ons, but I just went to buy a gift voucher for aer lingus there now, the fee is €9, WTF! . Thats 18% on a €50 stocking filler. F*** that, stick a 50 spot in. Ryanair is €2 fee, but gift named must travel on any booking, not transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I could never understand buying a gift voucher for an airline - I seen the adverts for them when buying a flight and thought no way would anyone buy one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Vouchers often have restrictions, some of which are 'a bit silly' and as noted are bad value. Cash with note 'this if for a trip to...' usually wins.

Vouchers for airlines are bad news. If you give a voucher for €50. And they find a flight for €29.99. And so they buy priorit and a seat and it still comes to say €45/€46. They ‘lose’ the balance of €4/€5. As tricky posts - give cash.

Not enough staff to cope with checking in bags, so have reverted to the old system where you bring the bag to the runway yourself. Which is a right pain in the butt if you’ve packed what you expected to be a checkin bag.

Where is this happening?

Where is this happening?

Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Not enough staff to cope with checking in bags, so have reverted to the old system where you bring the bag to the runway yourself. Which is a right pain in the butt if you’ve packed what you expected to be a checkin bag.

Isn't it self service in Dublin now?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement