Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Feck them, if they followed the rules they'd be grand, but no they'd rather potentially hold everyone else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

deezell wrote: »
    Italian regulators have told Ryanair to shove their cabin bag policy up their hole, (in a manner of speaking).
    “The request for supplementary pay for an essential element of air transport, such as hand baggage, provides a false representation of the real ticket price ... misleading the consumer,” sez they. Oh, and a €3M fine. Take that, Michael.
    The fundamental flaw in this judgment is that hand baggage is not an essential element of air transport. As well as that, you can bring hand baggage for free if it sits under the seat. I've done more than a thousand flights with Ryanair and never, not even once, have I placed a bag in the overheads. Either I was on a day trip only (maybe 75% of flights) or my travel bag sits comfortably under the seat in front.

Ryanair gives me the choice of not bringing/paying for a bag. What's wrong with that? Why should I have to pay extra for flights because other people wish to bring a bigger bag?

It is also utter nonsense to suggest that I am being "misled".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭deezell

Mebuntu wrote: »
    The fundamental flaw in this judgment is that hand baggage is not an essential element of air transport. As well as that, you can bring hand baggage for free if it sits under the seat. I've done more than a thousand flights with Ryanair.....
    .....Ryanair gives me the choice of not bringing/paying for a bag. What's wrong with that? Why should I have to pay extra for flights because other people wish to bring a bigger bag?

It is also utter nonsense to suggest that I am being "misled".

You're not misled, obviously, but maybe the Italians expect certain courtesies and standards which some will happily dispense with to save a buck. It's a dubious virtue to know the price of everything and the value of nothing, but that's where Ryanair are at.

It's a dubious virtue to know the price of everything and the value of nothing, but that's where Ryanair are at.
    Well, unless people are flush I'd be reasonably sure that many would disagree with that sentiment. When booking flights, yes, I was always aware of the (cheap) fares I was purchasing and I most certainly did know the value they were providing - especially during the recession times! Nothing dubious there, at all, at all :).

I was referring to Ryanair, not yourself. They are a company who introduce policies that they know will incense customers, while only pleasing a small few who are unaffected or may perceive that they are now a few euros to the good. It's a classic race to the bottom. On a recent one way, single passenger, bagless, no seat booked flight with them, I was beseiged by emails warning me of the horrors that awaited if I didn't book a seat/pay priority/pay for a bag. If these things are so important to the quality of their product, just include them and be done with it, and stop pretending they care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was referring to Ryanair, not yourself. They are a company who introduce policies that they know will incense customers, while only pleasing a small few who are unaffected or may perceive that they are now a few euros to the good. It's a classic race to the bottom. On a recent one way, single passenger, bagless, no seat booked flight with them, I was beseiged by emails warning me of the horrors that awaited if I didn't book a seat/pay priority/pay for a bag. If these things are so important to the quality of their product, just include them and be done with it, and stop pretending they care.

If these things are important to you then pay the extra for them. If they are not important to you then dont pay the extra for them and enjoy a cheaper flight. I'm not seeing why people have such an issue with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Yeah, but even when you buy seats they still send emails asking are you happy with your seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The delete button takes care of them.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Yeah, but even when you buy seats they still send emails asking are you happy with your seats.

Ignore the emails so. They cant be that much of an imposition on your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

'and' it is irritating, and so obvious a trick to get more money from you.

Why don't they have a first page, after you have selected the low fare, with tick boxes for y/n to all the tricks?

Of course the tick boxes should include one that says do you want nag emails y/n? ;)

Why do almost all the posts on here end up in a slagging match 'pay' etc.....

I am intelligent enough (guaranteed slagging) to decide what I need from RyR, I don't need or want nags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭joeysoap

and?

I’ve bought my seats. Full stop.

I don’t need emails from RY asking if I am happy with my seats. As if they gave a s*it. This is the airline that separate passengers on the same booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I am looking to book a flight in November but not able to on website on app. It seems as if they have disabled it from Oct 27th- Nov 18th yet I can book a flight in December.

Any ideas whats the issue here?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭granturismo

Nemanrio wrote: »
    I am looking to book a flight in November but not able to on website on app. It seems as if they have disabled it from Oct 27th- Nov 18th yet I can book a flight in December.

Thanks!

Could it be school midterms - they were at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov last year and airlines like to hike the prices up.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Could it be school midterms - they were at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov last year and airlines like to hike the prices up.

Not sure exactly what you mean?

Nemanrio wrote: »

Thanks!

Maybe they have staff holiday issues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I don’t need emails from RY asking if I am happy with my seats. As if they gave a s*it. This is the airline that separate passengers on the same booking.

I have 9 return booking with Ryanair since November, never received any emails asking if I was happy with my seat.

Only email was warning about checking in for my flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I book flights a lot for the football and get a lot of suggested flights in email,

big deal though, it's an email - one of a hundred odd I get a day of pure sh1te.

little to be worried about some people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

But are you happy with your seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

redcup342 wrote: »
    I have 9 return booking with Ryanair since November, never received any emails asking if I was happy with my seat.

Only email was warning about checking in for my flight.

If you choose "random" selection they ask you if you're happy with your seat (just in case you they can interest you in parting with some more cash to sit somewhere else).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Does anyone know how much it costs to book a seat for my 23 month old. They seem incapable of answering this on twitter messaging.

McSween wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it costs to book a seat for my 23 month old. They seem incapable of answering this on twitter messaging.

Fare same as an adult. Seat same as an adult, but it's compulsory to book and pay for small children's seats, and your own besidethem. You can't randomly distribute them around the plane between strangers, (however tempting that might be).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭billie1b

Up to and including the 23rd month it’s an infant fare, 24 months and over is a normal fare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

billie1b wrote: »

Up to and including the 23rd month it’s an infant fare, 24 months and over is a normal fare

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/travelling-with-children/travelling-with-infants

billie1b wrote: »

Not forgetting that it is the age at the time of travel that is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭McSween

Fare same as an adult. Seat same as an adult, but it's compulsory to book and pay for small children's seats, and your own besidethem. You can't randomly distribute them around the plane between strangers, (however tempting that might be).

But I have to phone them to book it?

But I have to phone them to book it?

If you want to book a comfort seat or use your own child seat for the infant you have to phone them.
    Infants aged less than 2 years must sit on the accompanying adult’s lap, an infant seat belt will be provided by cabin crew. Infants and any subsidy on the infant booking will be allocated to the first adult passenger on the booking.

Other options available for infants are:

Infants aged over 1 year can sit in their own aircraft seat using an Amsafe CARES child restraint (provided by the customer). Please contact a call centre to book this.

An infant comfort seat can be purchased, this can be used once airborne however the infant must sit on the accompanying adult’s lap during take-off, landing and if instructed by the cabin crew. Please contact a call centre to book this.

I don't think this recent court adjudication has already been posted here.

Anyone looking for EU261 compo for the strikes last year is out of luck it appears.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ryanair-welcomes-irish-court-ruling-confirming-no-eu261-compansation-is-due-for-2018-internal-strikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

District Court which is non binding and does not carry any precedent. Open to appeal all the way up the judicial food chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Advertisement