Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Try this link to speak to a ryanair csa

https://secure.livechatinc.com/licence/5836511/v2/open_chat.cgi?groups=18
    I spoke to a polite lady who confirmed I was in the refund cash queue and she sent me a copy of the transcript

Alternatively click on the contact form for general complaints...you will get a complaint number sent to your email address
    You might only get as far as this but if you complain further than you have a correspondence trail..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

paddy19 wrote: »
    Dear Commission for Aviation Regulation,
    It is understandable that any supplier would like to keep customer's money during a difficult trading period.
    The obvious benefits to the airline of cash flow and customer capture are understandable.

Ryanair agree that they are not in compliant with EU261 Article8 1 (a) cash reimbursement with 7 days.

"The processing time for cash refunds is taking far longer than normal"

Ryanair claims "cash refunds cannot be automated."

You appear to have accepted this position.

"the high volume of calls that airlines are dealing with and the absolute need to safeguard the welfare of staff."

You also appear to allow the airline to continually breach the regulation on this basis?

Have you consulted with experts in the computer industry to check if refunds can be automated?

I cannot find a computer expert that agrees with Ryanair's ascertain.

Ryanair accept thousands of passenger bookings automatically.

Other large ticketing organisations process refunds automatically.

Is it not more likely that Ryanair lacks the motivation rather than the capability to process refund automatically.

Can you review the validity of Ryanair's claim that refunds cannot be processed automatically?

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher

https://www.flightrights.ie/news/regulation-ec-2612004-guidance-note-on-flight-cancellations-refunds-and-vouchers.1045.html

absolutely nothing in that the regulator will act on, its nothing more than an unsubstantiated ramble.

You should focus your energies on something more productive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'll repeat what some others have said here.. if they had been transparent...and offered the vouchers with a 36 month lifespan...a lot of people would have accepted that.
    But a 12 month limit...no....I genuinely have no plans to fly anywhere inside that time frame....there's nobody going to put their lives at risk for the wake of a happy b Ryanair boatfc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

absolutely nothing in that the regulator will act on, its nothing more than an unsubstantiated ramble.

You should focus your energies on something more productive

I thought one of the boards guidelines was to play the ball not the man.

You wouldn't mind addressing the issue:

Ryanair claim that refunding cannot be automated.

I cannot find a computer expert that agrees with this position.

Why is the regulator accepting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I thought one the boards guidelines was to play the ball not the man.

You wouldn't mind addressing the issue:

Ryanair claim that refunding cannot be automated.

I cannot find a computer expert that agrees with this position.

Why is the regulator accepting it?

i am very confused by this as weell. They know what flights have been cancelled. they know who was booked on those flights. they know the payment methods used for those bookings. Speaking as somebody who writes software for a living i cannot see why they cant automate the refund process. their current system probably isnt setup for it but as a one-off job it is certainly doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Has anyone got a refund recently?

baldbear wrote: »
    Has anyone got a refund recently?

Yes I got mine. Using www.flightrights.ie

Great free, fast and simple service from the Commission for Aviation Regulation.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073699&page=2

Michael O'Leary hypocritically complaining about Germany breaking EU rules by subsidising Lufthansa on SKY this morning.

Bit of brass neck Michael.

He is breaking EU rules every day by not refunding passengers for cancelled flights within 7 days.

I guess he believes you can pick and choose which rules he has to follow.

The real problem of course is the Commission for (No) Aviation Regulation
    which has bought his rubbish excuse that he can't automate refunds.

Those 300 software engineers in Ryanair Labs are not up to much!

https://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-michael-oleary-jobs-cuts-losses-flights-5088974-May2020/

deandean wrote: »
    "Ryanair vows to refund 25million customers in six months:"
    Daily mail article.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8276783/Ryanair-says-3-000-jobs-lost-restructuring-plan.html

Do you believe him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

You’re right Paddy but what airlines are fully respecting EU261 law at the moment?

IngazZagni wrote: »
    You’re right Paddy but what airlines are fully respecting EU261 law at the moment?

I agree there all it but just not as upfront as Ryanair.
    What was is disappointing is that this could have been real chance to shut up the Ryanair naysayers.

Unlike a lot of the airlines he has the money.

This is the old stingy accountant approach.

Where is the new cuddly, be nice to the customer and you can flog something extra MOL.

The objective was clearly to hold on to as much money as possible as any business would do.

The stingy accountant approach was to make getting the refund as difficult as possible, break the law and who come up with the dog ate my homework excuse....

...we cant get the computers to automate refunds... FFS.
    That might have worked 30 years ago but most people know that computers can do lots of things they carry them around in their pockets.

Why not give anyone who needed the cash a quick refund but flog a great voucher to everyone else.

FFS Aer Lingus, not exactly greatest creative thinkers in marketing, gave him the model

If Carlsberg were doing refunds

5 year expiry date.
    10% bonus. People love freebies
    No fee name change.
    Escrow account to guarantee security.

Missed opportunity.

IAG has been given a credit line of over a billion for two of their brands already. They have similar wherewithal as Ryanair to repay passengers of their Aer Lingus brand.

If you can't be balanced and complain equally about all Airlines treating their Irish Customers poorly then i think you should refrain from posting on this topic otherwise it appears to me that you are guilty of using the platform of this forum to pursue a vendetta against one Company.

I speak as someone who is owed a refund by both Aer Lingus and Ryanair.

If you can't be balanced and complain equally about all Airlines treating their Irish Customers poorly
    I have spent quite a lot of time helping passenger get refunds and highlighting the grubby tactics of both Airlines,
    the Irish Government and the Commission for (No) Aviation Regulation.

All have supported taking advantage of passengers by denying and delaying refunds.

Compare Ryanair's first voucher offer which allowed them to pocket passengers money
    if they didn't book within 12 months. They only replaced this money grab after they were embarrassed into it.

Aer Lingus offered a 10% bonus, 5 year expiry.

I am highly critical of Ryanair hypocrisy, breaking EU law on refunds
    while complaining that Germany is breaking EU law by bailing out Lufthansa.

MOL calls for compliance to EU law on bailouts but blatantly breaks EU law on refunds.

Ryanair are still boasting that refunds would not be processed until after "the crisis is over".
    MOL insults people's intelligence by saying computers can't process refunds.
    Computers have automatically processed transactions for decades.
    Automated share buy/selling is the most obvious example.
    Buying and selling shares is a hell a lot more complicated that taking data from a refund form,
    validating it and processing refund to a credit card.

Ryanair are blatantly, proudly and continually breaking the law.
    Aer Lingus are breaking the law by not providing refunds within 7 days but at least they show some respect for it.

The real criticism is for the regulator (Commission for (No) Aviation Regulation)
    who is paid to ensure airlines are in compliance rather than accepting that computers can't compute.

my comment was not an invitation to you to further your vendetta. Balance please.

I could be more angry with Aer Lingus than Ryanair because I feel they took a booking from me on a flight that by then they had no intention of operating rather than Ryanair who took my booking for March of this year back in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

How close to date of travel should I get the cancellation email. Flight booked for 28th May and I haven't heard anything from RA yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

jos28 wrote: »
    How close to date of travel should I get the cancellation email. Flight booked for 28th May and I haven't heard anything from RA yet,

Two weeks before flights according to Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Instead of a voucher, I'd love for Ryanair to create a "wallet" in my profile (Booking.com and wizzair have this feature) and just leave the money there to use for whoever you want to book a flight for and whatever services you need to book. Or, as the 2 mentioned above have, the option to remove from the wallet as a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

We are due to fly out to Lanzarote on the 14th June
    And back on 24th

Not optimistic I’ll get the return leg refunded :(

Instead of a voucher, I'd love for Ryanair to create a "wallet" in my profile (Booking.com and wizzair have this feature) and just leave the money there to use for whoever you want to book a flight for and whatever services you need to book. Or, as the 2 mentioned above have, the option to remove from the wallet as a refund.

Excellent idea, with as you say, an option to refund from the wallet.

Brilliant.
    All within Ryanair's control. No need for financial authorisation.
    No bank or credit card involvement.
    No argument that this could be automated.

Flatens the curve.

Those who need money can get it fast.
    The rest, who are not in hurry, can be secure that there refund has been granted. They can see it in the wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Those who need money can get it fast.
    The rest, who are not in hurry, can be secure that there refund has been granted. They can see it in the wallet.

Can we have a poll on this?

A poll would achieve nothing. I have a long list of things I want. Even if 100% of people supported me it would achieve feck all. It would be just ANOTHER thread about things that are out of our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Got the voucher email today and have zero intention of using it. It goes onto state at the end of the email "click here" to apply for cash refund which leads to absolutely nothing but more rubbish about the vouchers. Is anyone else having the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Got the voucher email today and have zero intention of using it. It goes onto state at the end of the email "click here" to apply for cash refund which leads to absolutely nothing but more rubbish about the vouchers. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Absolutely everyone.

Click contact at the bottom, meet Ryanairs robot AI, type help and ask to speak to advisor, be ignored for 8 hours a day for 7 days - welcome to the club

Patser wrote: »
    Absolutely everyone.

Click contact at the bottom, meet Ryanairs robot AI, type help and ask to speak to advisor, be ignored for 8 hours a day for 7 days - welcome to the club

Well not really a secret, but not exactly as simple to find as it should be.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

This alas is but the start of your journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Looks like Ryanair are planning to start 90% of its routes from the first of July running at 40%
    I have flights booked with them on the 4th of June, I’m patiently waiting for them to contact me, not sure if I will accept a voucher/credit at the moment

Looks like it’s going to be Costa del back garden this year

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Anyone going on a holiday in July would need their head examined....and 2 weeks self quarantine when they get back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

We have flights in september, We already called and they declined to give us a voucher(we werent even looking for a refund)..

Has anyone else been in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Looks like Ryanair are planning to start 90% of its routes from the first of July running at 40%
    I have flights booked with them on the 4th of June, I’m patiently waiting for them to contact me, not sure if I will accept a voucher/credit at the moment

Looks like it’s going to be Costa del back garden this year

I've flights the 1st of July but my 1 week holiday would turn into 5 weeks if I went ahead :pac:

Spain has announced 2 week quarantine for all visitors and same with Ireland so I'd end up going to Spain, spending two weeks in hotel then finally allowed out to no craic and then when I get home another 2 weeks stuck at home in quarantine.

Travel this year is out the window.

How can Ryanair allow flights though if we aren't even allowed travel in Ireland until August at the earliest?

Fol20 wrote: »
    We have flights in september, We already called and they declined to give us a voucher(we werent even looking for a refund)..

Has anyone else been in a similar situation.

september is too far away to get vouchers, ryanair will attempt to fly as many planes as possible to save refunds i think

• Advertisement

I've flights the 1st of July but my 1 week holiday would turn into 5 weeks if I went ahead :pac:

Spain has announced 2 week quarantine for all visitors and same with Ireland so I'd end up going to Spain, spending two weeks in hotel then finally allowed out to no craic and then when I get home another 2 weeks stuck at home in quarantine.

Travel this year is out the window.

How can Ryanair allow flights though if we aren't even allowed travel in Ireland until August at the earliest?

fingers crossed your flight is cancelled, 5 weeks off for a week in the sun is mental

Advertisement