Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Has anyone not a refund? And if you apply for a refund and then get that voucher eMail will you get the refund( in about 6 months time) or do you have to apply for a cash refund twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone have any luck with the small claims court?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Small claims takes months. Nobody will know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

L1011 wrote: »

Why do you say the SCC will take months?

Have you tried it recently yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

L1011 wrote: »

Ryanair have to respond to the court within 15 days and I know a few here did it weeks ago so they’ve surely heard something by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I accepted the voucher and still havent even got an email with the voucher nor do i have any way of finding it!!!

Anyone have any luck?!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

paddy19 wrote: »
    Why do you say the SCC will take months?

Have you tried it recently yourself?

Because that is how it operates. I've recently used it successfully against a non-Irish based airline and with the extra delays there it took NINE months.

If Ryanair send a flowery wittery letter that resets the clock. They can keep doing this. If they insist on a hearing, that can't even be scheduled now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I accepted the voucher and still havent even got an email with the voucher nor do i have any way of finding it!!!

Anyone have any luck?!
    It is crazy to take a voucher IMO - I expect prices to soar until they have burned through the vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone have any luck?!

Someone was on the radio about this (not sure in Ryanair or Aer Lingus but presume they're all in same backlog).
    Took voucher but want to travel in autumn but haven't gotten the voucher & was told it could take 1 or 2 months. So they're between a rock and hard place- don't want to pay without the voucher but scared prices will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Apologies if this has been asked already but i would appreciate any help or advice - A couple of friends have flights booked to the UK for later this month, they were due to take part in a charity event that has (obviously) been cancelled, but ryanair have not cancelled the flights. Obviously, for many reasons related to the covid-19 situation, and the travel restrictions in place they will not be travelling, but is it possible to get a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

chasm wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already but i would appreciate any help or advice - A couple of friends have flights booked to the UK for later this month, they were due to take part in a charity event that has (obviously) been cancelled, but ryanair have not cancelled the flights. Obviously, for many reasons related to the covid-19 situation, and the travel restrictions in place they will not be travelling, but is it possible to get a refund?

Unfortunately ryanair will only issue a refund/voucher if the flight has been cancelled...their view is that they don't know the reason you booked the flight so you could just be a person who is being repatriated. If you don't show up they keep your money. Hold out and see if they cancel...the odds are in your favour..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

limabromac wrote: »
    Unfortunately ryanair will only issue a refund/voucher if the flight has been cancelled...their view is that they don't know the reason you booked the flight so you could just be a person who is being repatriated. If you don't show up they keep your money. Hold out and see if they cancel...the odds are in your favour..

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if ryanair will cancel these flights though as they are only about a week away.

chasm wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if ryanair will cancel these flights though as they are only about a week away.

That's a pity..
    Ryanair are mostly flying to the UK so they may not cancel which is not fair... Hopefully they weren't too expensive...they may cancel them still...

Reuters are reporting seeing an EU commission document that recommends:

"Customers who end up not using the vouchers, would be
    automatically reimbursed up to 14 days after the end of the validity period. "

Obviously the EU commission believes that computers can refund bookings as easily as take them,
    despite Michael O'Leary's claim the refunds cannot be automated.
    Still looking for any expert in the computer area who agrees with Michael.

Despite the best efforts of Leo Varadkar, Shane Ross and Heather Humphreys:

"However, the law that protects customers regarding their travel rights is not suspended
    and the new guidance is not legally binding, meaning it is up to the consumer
    to accept a voucher or full cash refund. "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

From the Irish times

Airlines must give passengers refunds for cancelled flights and cannot force them to accept vouchers instead, the European Commission has said.

The European Union’s executive body had been under pressure to ease passenger rights regulations to allow airlines to withhold cash refunds from passengers by a group of member states and business lobbies concerned about a collapse of the aviation industry due to the coronavirus pandemic.

But the push has failed, and the commission is threatening to move against member states for failing to implement EU law if they fail to enforce passenger rights and hold airlines to account.

“If you have lost your job, if this is your entire holiday budget for travelling that sits in these tickets you cannot use anymore, then you need a refund. And that is why we say this is your right, full stop,” said commissioner Margrethe Vestager.

A letter will be sent to all member states to “ensure respect of passenger rights”, and to outline suggestions to make vouchers more attractive if airlines want more passengers to accept them instead of refunds.

Ms Vestager initially said this was the first step in infringement proceedings, which are taken against member states when they fail to implement EU law, but later retracted this and said such a point had not yet been reached.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Hi, had 2 tickets booked For London next month (June) about 5 months ago for weekend away with wife, our plans are flying out at 16.45 on Friday and returning at 7pm On Sunday from Gatwick.

At present, Ryanair are flying once a day to Gatwick at 15.35 and returning 17.35 which led to us to believe that our flight will be cancelled Which we we were kinda glad as we don’t fancy going now.

I just got an email notification now changing our flights to 15.35 and returning 17.35 and I don’t want this choice.

Is there a way that I can get around this and seek refund.

Thanks

Hi, had 2 tickets booked For London next month (June) about 5 months ago for weekend away with wife, our plans are flying out at 16.45 on Friday and returning at 7pm On Sunday from Gatwick.

At present, Ryanair are flying once a day to Gatwick at 15.35 and returning 17.35 which led to us to believe that our flight will be cancelled Which we we were kinda glad as we don’t fancy going now.

I just got an email notification now changing our flights to 15.35 and returning 17.35 and I don’t want this choice.

Is there a way that I can get around this and seek refund.

Thanks

Looks like there is only approx an hour in the difference between the original flight time and the new flight. I think if ryanair change it and it is more than two hours then you can cancel or reschedule. Im no expert but I think you have to accept that change of time...

They may cancel the flight closer to the time .
    If not and you don't fly I think if you don't have travel insurance covering you for disrupted travel you may lose out.

Looks like there is only approx an hour in the difference between the original flight time and the new flight. I think if ryanair change it and it is more than two hours then you can cancel or reschedule. Im no expert but I think you have to accept that change of time...

They may cancel the flight closer to the time .
    If not and you don't fly I think if you don't have travel insurance covering you for disrupted travel you may lose out.

I'd agree with limabromac. I can't see any way this will be seen as a cancellation as the time changes are under 2 hours and are classed as schedule changes rather than flight cancellations. see attached.

Sadly your only option is to claim a refund of government charges less a €20 fee.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

"There are no specific laws governing schedule changes, although the air carrier’s terms and conditions will usually refer to them. You will usually only be entitled to a refund where the schedule change is greater than two hours. There is no right to compensation in the case of schedule changes.

https://www.flightrights.ie/common-questions.24.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If you have an option to change your flight, try and change to a day you think it will be cancelled. I did this for Manchester.

Booked for the weekend, they were still operating. I noticed they weren't flying midweek so changed my flights, for free, to the next midweek that was available. Lo and behold, they cancelled them a couple of days later and I applied for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Applied for a refund..got the customer service email saying no, a voucher was being issued, I replied saying I wanted a refund...reply back was to ring the helpline..I replied back....
    you get the idea.. going on for over 2 weeks now...and finally the email last night said I'd get a refund... but I'll have to wait...
    Again...I think if they had put at least a 24 month timeframe on the vouchers.. people would have been more accommodating....but greed is good as they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

ive flights to bulgaria in dublin, no email from ryanair but i checked status and they are cancelled, i tried refund and keeps crashing as its proccessed, rang and told go voucherryanair page, which is not up, do i need wait until two weeks b4 flight for refunds?

ive flights to bulgaria in dublin, no email from ryanair but i checked status and they are cancelled, i tried refund and keeps crashing as its proccessed, rang and told go voucherryanair page, which is not up, do i need wait until two weeks b4 flight for refunds?

Where did you check the status of the flights?

Did you log into My Bookings on Ryanair and see that your flights have been cancelled?

If so, there will be an option underneath the cancelled flights to refund or reschedule...

If you choose the refund option then a page comes up that you fill out..

Where did you check the status of the flights?

Did you log into My Bookings on Ryanair and see that your flights have been cancelled?

If so, there will be an option underneath the cancelled flights to refund or reschedule...

If you choose the refund option then a page comes up that you fill out..

yup in my books and its cancelled ,went to refund and error we cannot proccess your refund at this time, a voucher would have done me, but this option wasnt offered either

yup in my books and its cancelled ,went to refund and error we cannot proccess your refund at this time, a voucher would have done me, but this option wasnt offered either

Cool, it took me sometime to figure out the form but once I did it was able to go through.. the way to fill out the form is :

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Affected flight Number : Put in the flight code for the returning booking
    Date of disrupted : Put in the returning date of the flight
    Put in the lead/first passengers name even though it might not be your name
    Click All customers on all flights booked
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    It should go through...once it goes through you will be offered a refund in 20days.
    What comes is a voucher in 20days which you either accept or join the queue for refund again...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I had that same issue but kept trying and eventually is said it’s being processed, I opened a PayPal dispute at the same time with a photo of the error to try and help my case

The internet isn’t for everyone

thanks ill try again monday tried numerous time
    Ryanairclaims.refunds.com
    We are sorry but we are unable to process your application at this time. Please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Filled out that refund form, "sorry we are unable to process your application at this time" after pressing submit. Oh ryanair

thanks ill try again monday tried numerous time
    Ryanairclaims.refunds.com
    We are sorry but we are unable to process your application at this time. Please try again later.

Yes it's like a puzzle, not straight forward at all...and it's definitely not as straight forward as when you got charged for your flights : )

Filled out that refund form, "sorry we are unable to process your application at this time" after pressing submit. Oh ryanair

This may help.... it worked for me this way.

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    It should go through...once it goes through you will be offered a refund in 20days.
    What comes is a voucher in 20days which you either accept or join the queue for refund again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This may help.... it worked for me this way.

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    What comes is a voucher in 20days which you either accept or join the queue for refund again

Return booking worked for you? I presumed it would have to have been the outgoing one!

Advertisement