Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Did you try alternative browser? Or incognito mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

joujoujou wrote: »
    Did you try alternative browser? Or incognito mode?

incognito does work and has dublin! Strange!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Jab and go. They can f@ck off with themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Think it will be awhile before the public trust Ryanair after their messing during last lockdown...... vouchers, delays, changing the rules to suit themselves.

No chance am I depositing money with them til later in the year. Anyway ..... flights are very expensive the ones I checked.

They becoming Spam these days on emails etc..... desperation measures etc.

Well as it is clear that Ireland won't be orange on the traffic light system by the time my next booked flight happens I've pushed it out by a month using the free change option. If Ireland still isn't orange by then I don't care as the flight only cost 20 euro return. I'm not booking parking or car hire until closer to the new date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Beersmith wrote: »
    whenever I go to the ryanair homepage it always puts my "from" destination as Cork even though I'm in dublin. I've tried to delete all cookies and google maps has my location as dublin. Anyone any ideas?

At least it has the right country. Aer Lingus used to constantly assume i was in the US regardless of what browser, phone or machine I used it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Andre2020

I'm not sure whether this has been addressed in this thread, but any thoughts on Ryanair's 'free' change policy? I recently changed a flight that cost €100. To book the flight anew, it would have cost €35 yet they charged me €35 in fare difference. This is clearly misleading advertising. Is it a breach of consumer protections?

Andre2020 wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether this has been addressed in this thread, but any thoughts on Ryanair's 'free' change policy? I recently changed a flight that cost €100. To book the flight anew, it would have cost €35 yet they charged me €35 in fare difference. This is clearly misleading advertising. Is it a breach of consumer protections?
    I was going to change a flight last night but it would have cost 16 euro extra.
    Changed it today and it only cost 3 euro extra as the price had dropped.
    I changed another flight another day costing 20 quid to another date also costing 20 so cost of changing was zero.
    The only thing I'd call remotely sneaky about their free flight change offer is that it expires 7 days before the date of departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I changed another flight another day costing 20 quid to another date also costing 20 so cost of changing was zero.
    The only thing I'd call remotely sneaky about their free flight change offer is that it expires 7 days before the date of departure.

That's very sneaky as the 7 day limit isn't clearly stated anywhere for the customer to see.

Also, changing flights yourself I've noticed the 'new' fares for the new date you're choosing to be vastly different vs going into the booking engine as if you're making a new booking. I've pulled them up on this before on live chat and got them to waive the extra fees which shouldn't have been there.

Consumer protection organisations don't care I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Better to get a refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Andre2020 wrote: »

I found new flights were on offer for much less than they were charging for flight changes.( Faro)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Does anybody have a rough timeframe of when a refund is processed after a booking through a travel agent and then submitting all the documentation to Ryanair. It's been a month now with no word.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Does anybody have a rough timeframe of when a refund is processed after a booking through a travel agent and then submitting all the documentation to Ryanair. It's been a month now with no word.

Try the refund thread. In my experience a month is a very short time in Ryanair terms

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Waiting since June of 2020 for my refund... they send out a cheque I can not cash as it cost more to cash with the fees associated with a german cheque than the flights were originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Very frustrating day with Ryanair today.

In November I booked flights to Spain for this coming June. It looks like travel is not going to back to normal by June, so I decided to change them. Ryanair advertised the flights as changeable with no change fee. Tried to change them online and they wanted 180 euro.

Contacted customer care and they told me the flights are not free to change and that this only applies to flights travelling by the end of this January.

Pointed out that the terms and conditions on the website say different. (see image below).

HMLyed7.jpg

But they were having none of it. Website clearly says that if you booked before the end of January 2021 and are to travel by end of Sept 2021, then no fee will be levied to change. So my flights are clearly included right ? Nope, they denied it. They tried to tell me that "booked by 31 January" 2021 means you had to travel by the end of Jan. Absolute morons. Kept my cool, spoke to the manager, but he was just as stubborn. Told me that if I did not like it then to put in a complaint.

So I made the complaint online, asked them to review the audio from the call and the terms and conditions.

5 mins after submitting the complaint I get a response. Basically a PFO, charge applies for the change.

So I have requested a chargeback from my credit card company on the basis I have not received something I paid for ( a flight that is changeable without a fee).

Have also put in a data access request to the Ryanair DPO for any notes and a copy of the call audio.

Absolute shams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

thats the T&C's now - where those T&C's in place in Nov when you booked the flight?

thats the T&C's now - where those T&C's in place in Nov when you booked the flight?

Yes, they were advertised at the time as changeable without a fee.

just put a reminder in your calendar 8 days ahead to change flight if your plans have changed or you are not allowed fly. That's what I've done in the past.

.... typical Ryanair. Always speak in fork-tongue. you would need a 'Masters in Ryanair' to keep up with all the rules and regulations they keep introducing / changing/ amending/ hiding etc.

My money will be staying my pocket for 2021.....

Any airline operating differential pricing would not be offering changeable fares on their lowest priced product. It is being offered here in these exceptional circumstances due to the pandemic. Count yourself lucky to have it. If you want to keep the money in your pocket then budget to pay more the nearer you get to your planned departure date.
    The tickets I've bought with them are below their costs of providing that seat including fees.
    No airline is a charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-further-extends-the-waiving-of-flight-change-fee-for-all-december-and-january-bookings/

Ad from November 20th

In my opinion it couldn't be more black and white. The following is a quote from their director of marketing.

"Customers can book trips for Christmas, Easter and the summer with confidence knowing that if they need to postpone their travel plans, they can move with zero change fee."

However that November 20th date is important. Prior to this the terms were different.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-extends-the-removal-of-its-flight-change-fee-to-october-and-november-bookings/?market=ie

"Customers who book for travel in October and November will be able to change their flights with zero change fee"

Key difference is that you had to book to travel in October and November.

If you booked November 20th or later then you are absolutely entitled to a free flight change (excluding any fare difference) and there should be no debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I think, from reading things on social media, that a good number of people are misunderstanding the no fee for changing and thinking that it shouldn't cost anything to change flight. If the flight you are changing to is more expensive then of course you would need to pay the difference. I think that has been lost on some people.

Not suggesting that is the case for anyone posting on here, but have definitely seen a good bit of it on facebook/twitter etc.

I have changed tactic on this, whereas I have no doubt that my credit card will do a charge back in this case, it won't give me that much satisfaction.

I have decided instead to lodge a case with the small claims court.

I have paid my 25 quid so let's see what happens. I have copies of all the correspondence, including a few emails where they clearly contradict the terms and conditions, and screen grabs from the website etc.

Tzardine wrote: »
    I have changed tactic on this, whereas I have no doubt that my credit card will do a charge back in this case, it won't give me that much satisfaction.

I have paid my 25 quid so let's see what happens. I have copies of all the correspondence, including a few emails where they clearly contradict the terms and conditions, and screen grabs from the website etc.

Hey Man.... good on ya!!! Let’s us know how you get on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mel123

Tzardine wrote: »

Well done. Us Irish are so crap at this kind of thing, we need to get better and not stand for crappy customer service.

mel123 wrote: »
    Well done. Us Irish are so crap at this kind of thing, we need to get better and not stand for crappy customer service.

Agreed.

This was my first time using the SSC procedure. It is a piece of cake and can all be done online in about 10 mins. Will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I think if they find in your favour, you should get your €25 back. You should not be out of pocket for getting what's due to you.

I think if they find in your favour, you should get your €25 back. You should not be out of pocket for getting what's due to you.

You dont get your 25 quid back even if you win. Its just the way the Small Claims Court works unfortunately. But I dont mind.

Its designed to be a small fee so that people are not put off using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You don't get the 25 quid back and are explicitly disallowed from adding it to the claim (for domestic claims, which this is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I know I could go digging on Ryanair website and through my booking for this but if anyone has any up to date info as we’re thinking about what to do with the summer plans.
    Had flights booked for last may to canaris and in April pushed them out to July of this year. Not overly optimistic on them happening so would ideally like to push them onto October. What way are they currently dealing with this sort of thing? It’s 2 adults and 2 kids, can we change them for a fee and if so how much would that be or is it a case of tough sh1t if the plane goes so does your money.
    Cheers all.

Advertisement