Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options
1200201202203204206»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Thanks for the reply Rock Steady Edy. Yes, in hindsight waiting might have been the prudent thing to do but I just didn't want to run the risk of the flight to Shannon becoming fully booked. The price for that flight had already started to increase, fuelling my concerns which were already heightened by the fact that (a) I was unable to contact Ryanair, and (b) their online facility to change the booking didn't work.

Yes, you are right that I now have to deal with an added stress, which is dealing with Ryanair. They are totally unaccommodating and it is simply impossible to get anywhere with them. I will only get a refund for the cost of the cancelled booking, which I understand. However, their means of applying for compensation are so inflexible. I only want to be compensated the difference between the cancelled flight and new flight but there is no platform whatsoever to make such a claim. As soon as I enter the cancelled flight number via their online claim form, a text box stating that the cancelled flight is not covered by EU261 appears, as it was cancelled more than 14 days before departure. If I insert the new booking, I am told that this flight has not been cancelled.

The 'Lets Chat' option is useless as the agents (if I can get hold of one) juts simply tell me to make a claim online … which I am unable to do. Despite several attempts to contact Ryanair on 01-6917177, I have never actually managed to speak to anyone.

Does anybody know what is the most effective third party route to lodge a claim … The Irish Aviation Authority, The European Consumer Centre Ireland? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Masala

I watched an episode of thet Conor Pope new series on RTE calles THe Complaints Bureau and a they had a case of an Aer Lingus complaint of a cancelled flight etc. Of course - the programme won the case and AL compensated etc…

Who knows - he might be interested in talking to you…

https://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/home/1330519/rte-invites-people-with-consumer-issues-to-take-part-in-new-show.html

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/2024/03/06/the-complaints-bureau/

• Just want to make a positive statement re Ryanair and disabled assistance. The other evening took a flight home from Kraków and had booked the assistance which is easy enough to do on the app. Got a lift up into the aircraft, and was first to board ahead of everyone else. Brought ahead at check-in and fast tracked through security. Excellent experience in Poland. It’s fine Dublin end too but going out was one of last to board, but all worked out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Anyone have an idea of next steps to take, Ryanair cancelled a flight in December 2022 went through their claims process for expenses and got refused, so took it to the aviation ADR and they ruled in my favour plus compensation in early November 23. The deadline for payment has past about 2 months now and the ADR are chasing them, how long should I wait on this and is next steps just to wait it out? will it be resolved at all

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

No problem, Rolling Stone.

They give you 2 choices, a refund or a transfer, so you have to go with one of those. They don't give you the option of fixing it yourself and refunding the difference - if they did you'd have no incentive to keep the additional costs down, knowing they'd be refunded. If they switch you to a new flight, they just charge a higher price to anyone who still wants to book it.

As you've found out, they can do this right the way to 14 days before travel, so I always try to have possible alternative routes I could utilise if that happens. Going to an island where there's only one airport is more limiting than being able to travel by train or bus to an alternative airport.

If technology fails, eg rebooking or getting though to them, keep a note of dates and times you try, and keep screenshots - it all adds to your case if you weren't to get your first choice of flight back.

If you accept Shannon as your new destination, you would be unlikely to have got compensated for onward travel to Cork, might be better to get re-routed via a 3-4 hour stopover but end up in Cork. In future, investigate and find a couple of acceptable options before you speak to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I’ve used the small claims court successfully a few times against Ryanair - just add admin fee to claim and you’ll have cash within a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Cheers was thinking of doing that, would I have to wait till ADR have exhausted their case or just go ahead with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Just had the same issue with a diverted flight and expenses to get home. Ryanair wouldn't refund me the money that I had spent to get back to Cork from Shannon even though I had my receipt for the taxi. Went to the ADR and they ruled in my favour and said Ryanair have to refund me. Ryanair have refused and said that because the flight didn't originate or depart UK airport, the decision isn't legally binding? I'm looking at small claims now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Advertisement