Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

ongarite wrote: »
    but I'm wondering if its has been charged to my CC correctly or more than once as I refreshed the "session has been locked" page a few times.

Your CC issuer will be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

ongarite wrote: »
    Hey,
    I booked a flight with Ryanair using Firefox and when I entered my payment details and it verified, a message appeared on the next page saying the session has been locked.
    I checked my email a few minutes later and got the flight confirmation email but I'm wondering if its has been charged to my CC correctly or more than once as I refreshed the "session has been locked" page a few times.

View your booking using the reference and check the payment section. It will show the status of the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thanks guys,
    I checked my booking using the above advice and it confirmed by booking had gone through & CC charged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It seems Ryanair have been reading this thread! Link.
    Passengers to Suggest Next Discretionary Charge

€1,000 CASH PRIZE FOR BEST SUGGESTION

Submit your ideas by email to competition@ryanair.com

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (12th Mar) invited passengers to suggest the airline’s next ancillary revenue idea after Chief Executive, Michael O’Leary, confirmed that the company is examining the possibility of passengers paying to use the on board toilets in a drive to keep costs down and lower Ryanair’s guaranteed lowest fares even further.

This Europe wide competition invites passengers to submit their most ingenious, wacky and creative ideas to Ryanair via the www.ryanair.com website to be in with a chance of winning a €1,000 cash prize.

Launching the competition, Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said;

“Ryanair is Europe’s largest low fares airline and we plan to continue to reduce costs and fares by stimulating ancillary revenues. We have always provided passengers with choice, if you don’t want to pay for food – don’t buy it, if you don’t want to pay checked in bag charges – don’t bring checked in bags, if you don’t want to pay handling charges – then just use Visa Electron entirely free of charge.

Since we confirmed that we are considering a toilet charge we have received a huge number of ancillary revenue suggestions from passengers and we want more. We are asking passengers to submit their ideas with the most creative winning €1,000 cash. Some of the best suggests to date are:

· Charging for toilet paper – with O’Leary’s face on it,
    · Charging €2.50 to read the safety cards,
    · Charging €1 to use oxygen masks,
    · Charging €25 to use the emergency exit,
    · Charging €50 for bikini clad Cabin Crew.

Passengers can submit their ideas by email to competition@ryanair.com to enter their idea before the 30th March 2009. The winning idea will be chosen by Ryanair and our decision will be final.”

card.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Faith wrote: »
    It seems Ryanair have been reading this thread! Link.
    Genius. They really do know how to advertise themselves. Havent read the paper yesterday or today yet but I'd say this would definitely get a mention. Anyone here entering?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Seems REyanair is canceling routes from Dublin to Teeside, Doncaster (is there an airport in doncaster?) & Basel and blameing the €10 Irish government tax for it.

Obviously there's no problem with the £10 UK tax which has been charged for the past few years?

Rather unpatriotic imo! - Or maybe its a cover-up for the fact so many people have got sick & tired of the crap service offered by ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

darc wrote: »
    Seems REyanair is canceling routes from Dublin to Teeside, Doncaster (is there an airport in doncaster?) & Basel and blameing the €10 Irish government tax for it.

Obviously there's no problem with the £10 UK tax which has been charged for the past few years?

Rather unpatriotic imo! - Or maybe its a cover-up for the fact so many people have got sick & tired of the crap service offered by ryanair?
    You'll find Dublin is expensive for Ryanair to fly out of compared to Doncaster (Sheffield), Teeside and Basel. The cost of using these airports is small at it is so in the case of the UK the departure tax doesn't seem like much more, but add the extra 10 euro to depart Dublin onto of the already high charges by the DAA makes the routes less profitable as your minimum fare is already set at a certain price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Bluetonic wrote: »
    onto of the already high charges by the DAA

What are the charges by the DAA?

Edit: Found it. €7.40 per journey.
    http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airport/latest-news/150708_daaexplainsfacts.html

Doesn't sound exhorbiant to me? Is it more expensive than many other capital cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

What are the charges by the DAA?

Edit: Found it. €7.40 per journey.
    http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airport/latest-news/150708_daaexplainsfacts.html

Doesn't sound exhorbiant to me? Is it more expensive than many other capital cities?

I think he is also referring to the high cost of parking together with tolls on most routes towards the airport. When the M3 is built, the only people outside Dublin who will visit airport toll-free will be the N2 journeymen, some of which will travel via the M1 toll anyway

A typical return journey for myself to airport from Athlone is as follows...

€20-25 for petrol
    €2.80 for M4 toll
    €2.50 for M50 toll
    Park at airport for (say) 4 days... anything upto €40

This is all before you grab a scone etc at airport or on aeroplane.

I guess that MOL's point is that when people have emptied their pockets on tolls/airport charges, there isnt much left to buy anything on the plane. Thus Ryanair have to make it up in the fare or by charging people to do stupid things like use the loo. This is made more difficult by the extra €10 departure fee.

Given the fact that i have managed a return flight for €12 with Ryanair before, the extra fee is a bit on the mean side. MOL wants this fee to be a percentage of the advertised fare (knowing full well that this advertised fare will usually be ~free with Ryanair)

Neither side is right in this. Personally, i feel that the passenger gets rode sideways regardless

PS - Doncaster does have an airport. Quite a nice on too, which i will be sad to no longer have the option of using when heading to visit friends in Sheffield. :(

Que sera sera :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I guess that MOL's point is that when people have emptied their pockets on tolls/airport charges, there isnt much left to buy anything on the plane. Thus Ryanair have to make it up in the fare or by charging people to do stupid things like use the loo. This is made more difficult by the extra €10 departure fee.

To summarise
    Customers don't have enough to buy anything on the plane. So lets put fares on more items and complain because the government are getting some money.

Actually O'Leary is dead right to complain. The real reason for cancelling flights is because passenger numbers are down for every airline (Ryanair lost money even before this €10 tax) and every airline is shuffling routes but if O'Leary can blame the government he gets some free press and maybe some sympathy. He does this in lots of countrys. That's part of his job.

I thought the point of a lot of Ryanair airports was that they were a bit further out but cheaper for the aircraft. Do the customers not have to pay to travel to and from these airports too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

is it possbile to add a new passenger to a booking i made with ryanair online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I would not bother with that, I would just book the person onto the same flight as you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I would not bother with that, I would just book the person onto the same flight as you

Its a minor
    How can I get a minor onto same flight as the group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

In that case, you are better off phoning them up

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Heard a great story the other day – don’t know how true it is, sounds a bit like an urban myth but entertaining all the same. I have heard it third-hand and am telling it the way I heard it – the words used will not be exact but the meaning should all be there.

It starts in Dublin Airport with a group of lads hanging around waiting for their delayed flight. Appeared to be on a weekend Stag party – in good spirits and didn’t seem too perturbed by the delay. Along comes the gallant Mr O’Leary and encounters some light-hearted ribbing from the group of lads about the delayed flight – 3 hours delay at this time. The bold Michael launches into his usual “if it were 10 years ago before Ryanair (no mention of Easyjet, BMIbaby etc) you would be paying £400 to Aer Lingus for the addition of a packet of peanuts”.

The lads took it very good naturedly and everyone was happy – ribbing carried on but then one of the lads appeared to be getting on Mr O’Leary’s nerves. The only thing that marked him out from the rest was that he kept referring to the bold Michael as “wee Mick”. He was a big lad so could afford to say things like this – was described as a soft looking John Hayes type.
    This went on for some time before the gallant Mr O’Leary snaps and says “Listen to me I’m worth €225m – what are you worth?”

The big lad looks down at Michael and says “In those terms not a lot but as long as I can pay the rent every month and have enough for a few pints at the weekend with an odd trip abroad I’m happy – what about you with your 225 million – are you happy? Will 225 million make your c**k any bigger? Does Mrs wee Mick say it doesn’t matter – that she only loves you for the 225 million? Sure as long as you are happy wee Mick?

At this Michael’s face was a shade of purple and he couldn’t answer. He pointed his finger at the big lad as if to remonstrate but couldn’t say anything and walked away still pointing his finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

^^^what the hell is that rubbish??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Got a bit of a fright a few minutes ago reading my Ryanair email-

"From april 2nd ryanair passengers must select travel insurance to purchase"

Actually thought they had made it compulsory for a minute. Stupid i know, but it is ryanair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

about time, should never have to de-select any of the optionals, like at the moment you still have the €6 priority boarding pre-selected for you (which used to be free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

So I book a checked bag for my Dad with Ryanair - 10EUR.
    Afterwards I check him in online and give him boarding pass.
    He goes to the airport (Budapest) only to be charged 20EUR.
    For what, he's not sure, and the checkin girl didn't speak good english..
    She claimed his online booking was invalid..
    He showed her the booking with extra checked/paid bag highlighted, to no avail..
    Any ideas why he was charged? Or have Ryanair made a mistake?
    If mistake is there a number I can call them on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

mise wrote: »
    Flight was cancelled out of Charleroi on Feb 2nd, it was announced that this was due to technical difficulties, the flight was delayed a number of times before being cancelled.
    We were eventually told to go the the Tickets desk and rebook. Got there only flight available was the same flight the next day.. 19.40.. we were given a compensation claim form, and were told that Ryanair would compensate up to a reasonable amount for accommodation.
    Just before booking a hotel, I went back and asked if we would definitely receive a reasonable refund and the Ryanair CS employee said yes of course. Wish I had've videoed it because I knew it was all a bit too easy.

Anyways, claim was sent off and received response to say that we would get no compensation.
    They have themselves covered
    "As detailed in our EU261 Article 14.2 notice, when a flight disruption is outside of our control, we regret that no monetary compensation is due under Article 7 of EU261/2004."

Fair enough, not sure where you can go with that as its in the T&C you agree too. What annoys me so much, is the blatantly misleading information provided by Ryanair at the Airport. Even tho the weather wasn't great there were planes landing and taking off in Charleroi, and not once did ryanair say it was due to adverse weather conditions. Every announcement said technical difficulties. And then a planeful of people were fobbed off by the Ryanair staff, told to go book a hotel and they would definitely be reasonably compensated. Im sure there wouldve been uproar if they said there would be no accomodation compensation as the airport closes overnight.

I will definitely look for any alternatives next time I fly

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this..
    http://www.eccireland.ie/topics/airpassengerrights/flight_delay_cancelation_boarding.html
    http://www.aviationreg.ie/Cancellation/Default.209.html

Just a quick update, in case anyone else had the same problems we did, during the snow.. we went through the small claims court and after some back and forth emails we were refunded for our food, travel and accomodation expenses caused by the flight delay. Ryanair were reluctant to do this.. but some perserverance and they gave in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Was meant to be heading away in a while on a Ryanair flight. Not going, should I cancel or just not turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

amacachi wrote: »
    Was meant to be heading away in a while on a Ryanair flight. Not going, should I cancel or just not turn up?

Either way, you won't get a refund I'm afraid. Yes, they're supposed to refund any government tax paid, if you cancel - but they don't, so don't bother.

One would hope, though, that if you cancel your seat can be made available to another person, to whom it may be very important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

benifa wrote: »
    Either way, you won't get a refund I'm afraid. Yes, they're supposed to refund any government tax paid, if you cancel - but they don't, so don't bother.

One would hope, though, that if you cancel your seat can be made available to another person, to whom it may be very important.

Not too worried about a refund, was only a 30 quid flight. Just wondering if they would charge me anything more than what I've already paid if I did cancel? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

amacachi wrote: »
    Not too worried about a refund, was only a 30 quid flight. Just wondering if they would charge me anything more than what I've already paid if I did cancel? :)

No they won't change anything extr than what you paid.

U should try calling them, in my case I had a flight canceled so put on the next day flight, 1 of us could not go on that day so I called the customers support and they send me a refund for all the charges for that person. All over the phone in 1 call. Been their own fault was probably the reason they give the refund with no questions asked but worth calling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A typical return journey for myself to airport from Athlone is as follows...

€20-25 for petrol
    €2.80 for M4 toll
    €2.50 for M50 toll
    Park at airport for (say) 4 days... anything upto €40
    So why not use a low cost carrier to the airport too. Bus/Train to Dublin city centre and then catch a 16A, 41 or 41B to the Airport. Takes a little longer but a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

zuroph wrote: »
    ^^^what the hell is that rubbish??

Yeah but I laughted at wee mick....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I always travel by Ryanair with my Job and do the best I can to avoid using them if traveling myself. Up to the point I'll pay 30 euro more for aer lingus. Why? Although it cannot be denied michael o'leary done so much for low cost flying I dont think he is a people man. I think its disgraceful how the women with free flights for life was treated and maybe I am just a little jelous that a man with 240 million can be such an a@@ ho1e and still make money

But I am amazed that traveling to england tomorrow by aer lingus and it only cost me 1 euro more..

149 return ryan air / 150 Aer lingus.

Happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Your story is nearly as pointless as post 618.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Might have been mentioned before but I printed my boarding pass for outgoing and return journey. This printed out on the same page (front and back). At the airport the guy rips up my page :eek: I need that for the way back.. Tough luck he says just print it again. Well what do you know i'm unable to access the online check in again and cant print it. €25 penalty to Mr. O'Leary. Will know the next time, no more printing on both sides to help the environment pffft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm a bit annoyed by the inconsistency shown by Ryanair when it comes to luggage. At Dublin airport last week, they were patrolling the queue, taking 'suspect-sized' suitcases, and fitting them into the luggage size thingy. These were neat suitcases, just maybe a little on the thick side. People with irregular shaped luggage weren't being checked at all.

On the other hand, despite the guidelines now clearly saying 1 bag, there were people carrying 2-3 bags.

Just be consistent. If we have to play by their rules, I want the rules applied to everyone fairly.

Advertisement