Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Arathorn wrote: »
    Might have been mentioned before but I printed my boarding pass for outgoing and return journey. This printed out on the same page (front and back). At the airport the guy rips up my page :eek: I need that for the way back.. Tough luck he says just print it again. Well what do you know i'm unable to access the online check in again and cant print it. €25 penalty to Mr. O'Leary. Will know the next time, no more printing on both sides to help the environment pffft.
    Are you serious? How else do you think they should take off part of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

axer wrote: »
    Are you serious? How else do you think they should take off part of the page?

I didn't know they had to tear it, fair enough that was my mistake but I wasn't able to access the page online again to re print. Apperently it happens to a lot of people so the girl said. A little note saying not to print on the same page would have helped, not everyone travels ryanair regularly and knows their procedures.

Arathorn wrote: »
    I didn't know they had to tear it, fair enough that was my mistake but I wasn't able to access the page online again to re print. Apperently it happens to a lot of people so the girl said. A little note saying not to print on the same page would have helped, not everyone travels ryanair regularly and knows their procedures.
    It says it on the page and it has the dotted lines too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Your story is nearly as pointless as post 618.

To you yes I accept that it maybe in goes far beyond but to many it demonstrates that Aerlingus has come a long way in price so it points out the alternative is something worth considering for those who are complaining on this subject. But then again seen as though you fly every week it probably is worthless.

My apologies you can ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carpy

I was flying out from Dublin a couple of weeks ago and went to the check in area stated on the noticeboard (I had baggage). There was five or six desks opened for “all flights”. I noticed there was another desk on the end which was for “Visa check”. Anyway, the queue I was in took ages, and about 45 minutes before the departure time there were two announcement for passengers of two other flights to go to the visa check queue. My flight was not mentioned. A few minutes (just after 40 minutes before official departure) the couple in front of me, who were going to the same destination as me, were refused boarding because check in was closed. I got the same story, I was told to go to the ticket desk to book another flight. After complaining I was sent to the visa check desk. The typically behaved local girl on duty blatantly lied to me telling me that my destination was announced with the others, she had done it herself!! I asked a couple of passengers waiting in the queue had they heard my destination mentioned and they said no. The girl got more and more aggressive and in any case I was getting nowhere with her and had to get another flight asap. I know the answer already but do I have any comeback on this? The Ryanair ticket desk seemed very long so I guess more people were caught by this

• Advertisement

carpy wrote: »
    I was flying out from Dublin a couple of weeks ago and went to the check in area stated on the noticeboard (I had baggage). There was five or six desks opened for “all flights”. I noticed there was another desk on the end which was for “Visa check”. Anyway, the queue I was in took ages, and about 45 minutes before the departure time there were two announcement for passengers of two other flights to go to the visa check queue. My flight was not mentioned. A few minutes (just after 40 minutes before official departure) the couple in front of me, who were going to the same destination as me, were refused boarding because check in was closed. I got the same story, I was told to go to the ticket desk to book another flight. After complaining I was sent to the visa check desk. The typically behaved local girl on duty blatantly lied to me telling me that my destination was announced with the others, she had done it herself!! I asked a couple of passengers waiting in the queue had they heard my destination mentioned and they said no. The girl got more and more aggressive and in any case I was getting nowhere with her and had to get another flight asap. I know the answer already but do I have any comeback on this? The Ryanair ticket desk seemed very long so I guess more people were caught by this
    How long before the flight departure were you at queuing for the checkin desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carpy

axer wrote: »
    How long before the flight departure were you at queuing for the checkin desk?

I was in the queue from 1hr 15 mins before departure so I was there waiting for circa 35-40 minutes

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

carpy wrote: »
    A friend of mine actually saw a situation like this happen about ten days ago. Was a domestic flight, where people were delayed so long in a queue, that they missed their flight and had to pay for another one. If it wasnt you, then its happened more than once!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

I always travel by Ryanair with my Job and do the best I can to avoid using them if traveling myself. Up to the point I'll pay 30 euro more for aer lingus. Why? Although it cannot be denied michael o'leary done so much for low cost flying I dont think he is a people man. I think its disgraceful how the women with free flights for life was treated and maybe I am just a little jelous that a man with 240 million can be such an a@@ ho1e and still make money

But I am amazed that traveling to england tomorrow by aer lingus and it only cost me 1 euro more..

149 return ryan air / 150 Aer lingus.

Happy days....

I still cannot see why Ryanair is still considered "cheap". My experience is (I fly weekly to the UK for work) that FR is more expensive. For example, booking up for next month - I have done a like for like comparison (1 bag, airport checkin, using visa etc). The results I got last night are:

10 – 22 May
    Belfast City Stansted FR £133.72
    Belfast Intl Heathrow EI £127.37
    Derry Stansted FR £141.50

25 – 29 May
    Belfast City Stansted FR £80.99 - SPECIAL OFFER both ways
    Belfast Intl Heathrow EI £68.98
    Derry Stansted FR £125.80

This is consistent with all my comparisons over the past 13 months. Heathrow suits me better than Stansted but Derry is better than Belfast on this side but obviously the service on EI is so much better. The Derry flights are now less frequent as well with the two flights per day being reduced to one last year and now the Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday flights being discontinued although I don't remember much publicity about this.

Although wee Mick has blasted EI for the Belfast-Heathrow service being empty my experience is that it is frequently full to at least (in my estimation) about 97% on Monday mornings and Friday evenings. I have travelled out on Monday mornings, Tuesday mornings, Wednesday mornings, Sunday afternoons and back on Wednesday evenings, Thursday evenings and Friday evenings and found it (again in my estimation) at least above 90% full in all my flights.

In the past 13 months I have had 4 delays (average 1 hour) and 1 cancellation (due to the snow at Heathrow when all Southern England airports were closed). When I used the Derry to Stansted service for 6 months in 2007 I found that while the outgoing Monday morning flight was usually on time the Friday evening flight only came in on time (to be greeted by a huge fanfare) once in the whole six months. In this time I had one cancellation (without any explanation) and the longest delay was 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Some good information on this website - apologies if it has been posted before.

http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Please tell me that people are taking the piss when they say that its a pound to use the toilets in flight!

padocon wrote: »
    Please tell me that people are taking the piss when they say that its a pound to use the toilets in flight!

Yes as much as I give out about ryanair it seems someone was taking the p1ss. Goood laugh though. Would not put it past him.

Yes as much as I give out about ryanair it seems someone was taking the p1ss. Goood laugh though. Would not put it past him.
    Well I was on a trian today and a 70 year old told me she waited till she got off the plane as it coast a pound to use the toilet!!!!

Did anyone fly with them lately?

Well I was on a trian today and a 70 year old told me she waited till she got off the plane as it coast a pound to use the toilet!!!!

Yes me.... They did not charge me though. If you look at the link above your orig post you will also see it says its a joke.

But again i am not a ryanair fan so I would not put it past him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They do not charge for the toilets. That 70 year old was pulling your leg

They do not charge for the toilets. That 70 year old was pulling your leg

Funnily enough I don't think so. We actually had a whole conversation and it just came up when I asked what airline she flew to Ireland with. She wasn't laughing and I don't think joking. Possible its only in some planes?
    Maybe I'm wrong.

I flew with Ryanair on Thursday back to Prestwick, they do not charge for the toilet. That 70 year old is pulling your leg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I never had any complaints before, but flying out from Dublin with Ryanair last Saturday there were a bunch of people hurriedly stuffing the contents of their handbags/little bags into their backpacks. Fair enough, 1 bit of carry on baggage per person. But when I was boarding he told me I had to put the contents of my *airport shopping* bag into my backpack.

I'd packed light enough that I could have easily put it in, but as it happened I just laughed at him, opened the zip and put the bag (containing 2 boxes of chocolates) sticking about 1/3 into my bag for the 30 seconds it took to get out the door.

This seems extremely ridiculous, and bad for airport business, and I've never seen it done elsewhere.

passive wrote: »
    I never had any complaints before, but flying out from Dublin with Ryanair last Saturday there were a bunch of people hurriedly stuffing the contents of their handbags/little bags into their backpacks. Fair enough, 1 bit of carry on baggage per person. But when I was boarding he told me I had to put the contents of my *airport shopping* bag into my backpack.

I'd packed light enough that I could have easily put it in, but as it happened I just laughed at him, opened the zip and put the bag (containing 2 boxes of chocolates) sticking about 1/3 into my bag for the 30 seconds it took to get out the door.

This seems extremely ridiculous, and bad for airport business, and I've never seen it done elsewhere.
    This has been like that for a long time since the policy is not about limiting what you can bring but by speeding up the boarding process. If you had your one bag but bought a load of stuff in the shopping area thus carrying 3/4 bags onto the plane it would slow down boarding and take up space. Ryanair dont make any money out of airport shopping from what I know so why would they care whether you purchase at the airport or not?

The main thing that slows boarding & exiting is the fact that the majority of people seem to insist on putting their bag in the overhead space rather than under the seat in front of them (size of bag permitting).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lol. it doesnt cost to use the toilet, either the old one was lying to you, or she had misunderstood herself. either way, pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's clearly marked on the boarding pass, and on all the Ryanair luggage signs that your one piece of carry-on includes handbags, laptops etc as well as duty-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

zuroph wrote: »
    lol. it doesnt cost to use the toilet, either the old one was lying to you, or she had misunderstood herself. either way, pretty funny.

Interestingly, on my most recent flight with ryanair i took the seat at the back of the plane beside the jacks and told people i was the toilet fee collector. Easy money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Think about it, if you are not allowed to buy the pressies in the shop then where can you buy them?

Oh, on the plane perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

ch750536 wrote: »
    Think about it, if you are not allowed to buy the pressies in the shop then where can you buy them?

Oh, on the plane perhaps?

You can buy them in the shop, you just have to put them into your carry-on luggage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

How to save Visa Charges :)

Use this service which give you a virtual electron card which is a lot cheaper . This is an especially good deal on cheap flights where Ryanair Visa / Access charges account for a good deal of the cost . Virtual commission is 4.9% of face value not €10 a leg on a €1 flight .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    How to save Visa Charges :)

Use this service which give you a virtual electron card which is a lot cheaper . This is an especially good deal on cheap flights where Ryanair Visa / Access charges account for a good deal of the cost . Virtual commission is 4.9% of face value not €10 a leg on a €1 flight .

Is very good only comment is that as fas as I know only works if you select GBP as currency if you select EUR I think works as standard Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I just went to Prague and back on ryanair and it was an enjoyable flight. The only thing was when I went through on the way to Prague I bought two boxes of Carlow Brewing company beers for my fellow beer blogger. One went in my backpack and the other I carried. I was told it had to go into a backpack so I put it in my Wife's bag. The girl behind me had a large rucksack which did not fit in the size measurement thing so she had to pay €30 from what I heard to check it. I was glad I decided before I left to check a bag online as carry on would not have been enough.

Apart from that little thing it was an enjoyable flight, not as good as Czech Airlines but for the money I paid there were no complaints. Arrived early both times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Nobody complaining about this yet :rolleyes:
    Ryanair Moves to Web Check-In Only
    ON ALL NEW BOOKINGS
    PASSENGERS WITH INFANTS CAN NOW CHECK-IN ONLINE

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (13 May 09) confirmed that from Wednesday next (20th May) all new passenger bookings, including those travelling with infants and checked in bags, will move to online check-in and ‘bag-drop’ only as Ryanair phases out the use airport of check-in desks from its 146 airports by 1st October next.

From Wednesday Ryanair will no longer accept bookings for unaccompanied minors (under 16 years old) while all new bookings will require passengers (including infants and domestic flight passengers) to hold a valid passport or valid national identity card.
    Accordingly, Ryanair will remove its £10/€10 airport check-in fee and introduce a £5/€5 online check-in fee per person, per flight, on new bookings, other than promotional fares (fares of “Free”, “€1” and “€5” will include web check-in on a free of charge basis), while a €40/£40 ‘boarding card re-issue fee’ will be introduced to encourage all passengers to arrive at the airport with their pre-printed web check-in boarding card.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=09&month=may&story=gen-en-130509

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bluetonic wrote: »

What good would complaining about it do?

Advertisement