Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

More weirdness. I added a bag, then went to check in online as normal for a return flight. But this time it printed off only the outgoing boarding pass, not the one for the returning flight.

I'm wondering if this might be because the return is more than a fortnight away - anyone know?

There's no point in trying to contact the airline - there's no email help, and last time I tried to contact them (telling them I wouldn't be boarding a flight I'd checked in for, which I thought was only courteous to do), the supposedly €1 a minute line ate several euro worth of Skype time in about 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

luckat wrote: »

I'm wondering if this might be because the return is more than a fortnight away - anyone know?

Yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

luckat wrote: »
    More weirdness. I added a bag, then went to check in online as normal for a return flight. But this time it printed off only the outgoing boarding pass, not the one for the returning flight.

There's no point in trying to contact the airline - there's no email help, and last time I tried to contact them (telling them I wouldn't be boarding a flight I'd checked in for, which I thought was only courteous to do), the supposedly €1 a minute line ate several euro worth of Skype time in about 30 seconds.

Yes thats the reason
    You can check in from 15 days before the flight & check in closes 4hrs before the flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Hi

I booked a flight from Shannon to London in September for 6 people

flight €2x6
    free online check in
    no tax or charges etc
    check in bags €20x6
    used visa electron was card charges were free

total for 6 was €132

It was great value and i travel with Ryanair a few times and never had a problem:D

carly_86 wrote: »
    Hi

I booked a flight from Shannon to London in September for 6 people

flight €2x6
    free online check in
    no tax or charges etc
    check in bags €20x6
    used visa electron was card charges were free

total for 6 was €132

It was great value and i travel with Ryanair a few times and never had a problem:D

Wow! Wonder how come there was no tax:eek:
    I thought you could not get away from Government tax!!
    How did you do it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

padocon wrote: »
    Wow! Wonder how come there was no tax:eek:
    I thought you could not get away from Government tax!!
    How did you do it?

It was a special offer there were doing so u can get really go offers on ryanair

Got a 1 way fight to Italy for free! Bloody taxes brought it up to about 150 for the 3 of us!:(
    Still a good deal to airlingus 700euro+ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

I have flights booked Cork-London going this weekend, returning in a fortnight. It was originally hand luggage only, now I need to add a bag. Thats fine, no problem paying for a change in plans but the odd thing is how it was charged. To add a bag to Cork-London leg cost 10 euro, plus a 5 euro credit card handling fee. To add the same bag to the London-Cork leg (worth noting this was a different booking, not a return flight but booked around the same time) cost 10 pounds, but not credit card handling fee?

Don't Ryanair bank with one person, isn't a charge a charge....just wondering can someone explain this logically without going on a rant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged - dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I have flights booked Cork-London going this weekend, returning in a fortnight. It was originally hand luggage only, now I need to add a bag. Thats fine, no problem paying for a change in plans but the odd thing is how it was charged. To add a bag to Cork-London leg cost 10 euro, plus a 5 euro credit card handling fee. To add the same bag to the London-Cork leg (worth noting this was a different booking, not a return flight but booked around the same time) cost 10 pounds, but not credit card handling fee?

Don't Ryanair bank with one person, isn't a charge a charge....just wondering can someone explain this logically without going on a rant :D

Luckily, soon you wont get charged. Bit of extra excercise for the saving though

http://www.independent.ie/travel/travel-advice/ryanair-wants-passengers-to--put-their-own-bags-on-plane-1786778.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

padocon wrote: »
    Got a 1 way fight to Italy for free! Bloody taxes brought it up to about 150 for the 3 of us!:(
    Still a good deal to airlingus 700euro+ :)

Even if price is 0.00, its not free
    for free flights, look for "Free online check-in" and a price of 0.00, if you can find them

I got 4 flights to Manchester next month for 8 euro total !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Booked a flight recently to Stansted for my cousin and myself.

Bill is as follows
    PAYMENT DETAILS
    ********48.00 EUR Total Fare
    *********0.00 EUR Taxes, Fees & Charges
    ********20.00 EUR Passenger Fee: Web Check in
    ********68.00 EUR Total Paid

Only thing is on Ryanair website it states Free Online Check In. Presume that €20 is €5 x 4 Web Check In charge. Still good value but def not as described

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Booked a flight recently to Stansted for my cousin and myself.

Bill is as follows
    PAYMENT DETAILS
    ********48.00 EUR Total Fare
    *********0.00 EUR Taxes, Fees & Charges
    ********20.00 EUR Passenger Fee: Web Check in
    ********68.00 EUR Total Paid

Only thing is on Ryanair website it states Free Online Check In. Presume that €20 is €5 x 4 Web Check In charge. Still good value but def not as described

Is it a return flight?
    Give them a call & explain to them what has happened.
    Big saving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭papillon66

how many oversize item can I carry with ryanair?

Hi there,

As the title said, how many oversize item can we carry with ryanair?

I tried to find the answer online but ryanair terms and conditions are not really clear about it

Flying tomorrow back home...and I have amusic keybord(around 10kgs), a guitar and a big plate(+- 80cm but not heavy)-I checked them online while booking my flight with 2 others "normal" luggage-

I did understand that the 2 baggages should not be over 15kgs combined if I don't want to pay the weight fees-

But was wondering if this would apply too with the oversize items or if there is a max per personne...

Flying tomorrow afternoon...jsut starting to wonder as a friend of mine told me that I might pay a fee even though I booked the oversizes item online..Still in time to leave part of it here and come back to pick it later when I'll come to visit

Thanks in advance for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

papillon66 wrote: »
    how many oversize item can I carry with ryanair?

Hi there,

As the title said, how many oversize item can we carry with ryanair?

I tried to find the answer online but ryanair terms and conditions are not really clear about it

Flying tomorrow back home...and I have amusic keybord(around 10kgs), a guitar and a big plate(+- 80cm but not heavy)-I checked them online while booking my flight with 2 others "normal" luggage-

I did understand that the 2 baggages should not be over 15kgs combined if I don't want to pay the weight fees-

But was wondering if this would apply too with the oversize items or if there is a max per personne...

Flying tomorrow afternoon...jsut starting to wonder as a friend of mine told me that I might pay a fee even though I booked the oversizes item online..Still in time to leave part of it here and come back to pick it later when I'll come to visit

Thanks in advance for your time

Hi

Not sure about it with Ryanair with oversize items, but as you know they try to get every cent out of people, last time I was at the airport they had someone going around the queues checking the sizes of the suitcases and also to make sure that no more than 1 was carried. Most of the flights departing at that time were for Eastern countries so I think they might target them more as lots of people are returning home.

You should also consider a courier company, I used Freight Quote a couple of times. You can get a quote online.They are broker in my case they were picked up from the house by DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

if you've booked oversized gear you should be ok. I pay seperatley for my snowboard, and the bag generally weighs around 38kg with no extra charged at desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 impi

I purchased flights on Ryanair on July 3rd for €112.
    At the time €112 = £95.95 (on XE)
    Setup an ENTROPAY account and loaded £100.
    Selected Visa Electron on Ryanair & paid.
    All good. Entropay showed a balance of +/-£4.
    Saved myself €34.27 (cc fee for 4 people - Entropay commision).

The money was only actually taken out the Entropay account yesterday (July 8th).
    But Entropay "statement" shows:
    date|type|amount|fee|description|balance
    01 Jul 2009||||Opening Balance|0.00
    03 Jul 2009|Load|100.00|4.95|From 'VISA Card' Funding Source|100.00
    08 Jul 2009|Purchase|100.00|0.00|RYANAIR INT|0.00
    09 Jul 2009||||Closing Balance|0.00

The change in exchange rates from the 3rd to the 8th should only be an extra £0.85 or so.
    Just wondering if my flights are "safe"?
    Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

impi wrote: »
    I purchased flights on Ryanair on July 3rd for €112.
    At the time €112 = £95.95 (on XE)
    Setup an ENTROPAY account and loaded £100.
    Selected Visa Electron on Ryanair & paid.
    All good. Entropay showed a balance of +/-£4.
    Saved myself €34.27 (cc fee for 4 people - Entropay commision).

The money was only actually taken out the Entropay account yesterday (July 8th).
    But Entropay "statement" shows:
    date|type|amount|fee|description|balance
    01 Jul 2009||||Opening Balance|0.00
    03 Jul 2009|Load|100.00|4.95|From 'VISA Card' Funding Source|100.00
    08 Jul 2009|Purchase|100.00|0.00|RYANAIR INT|0.00
    09 Jul 2009||||Closing Balance|0.00

The change in exchange rates from the 3rd to the 8th should only be an extra £0.85 or so.
    Just wondering if my flights are "safe"?
    Am I missing something here?

You won't ever get the XE.com rates. Bit odd it was exactly the 100 though

Also, from here:
    I have noticed the exchange rate applied to convert the euro flight charge into GBP to debit against the card is far from competitive. Is ryanair doing to this to make it less attractive? You still save money, but not as much in cases when the flight is around the €80 mark, compared to €16...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I bought 2 flights seperately for 2 people. Now I can't go in late august to Italy. It cost me 250. If I can't go do I lose all?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I'm flying from cork to dublin next week.
    I need to check in a bag (which I selected at time of booking). Email confirmations all say I have to check in online but I have to check in the bag so surely I can check in then???

Does anyone know what the story is with that?
    Thanks.

Also, is there anyway to cancel a booking completely?
    I booked for a buddy who may not be able to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I'm flying from cork to dublin next week.
    I need to check in a bag (which I selected at time of booking). Email confirmations all say I have to check in online but I have to check in the bag so surely I can check in then???

Does anyone know what the story is with that?
    Thanks.
    Check in online, drop off your bags at the airport.
    Also, is there anyway to cancel a booking completely?
    I booked for a buddy who may not be able to make it.
    Just don't turn up. Ryanair don't do refunds.

benifa wrote: »
    Check in online, drop off your bags at the airport.

Is that compulsory? or can I check in at the airport?

Is that compulsory? or can I check in at the airport?

You could if you wanted to pay €40 to do so. Why would you want to?

I don't.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

benifa wrote: »
    Ryanair don't do refunds.
    but if they did...

axer wrote: »
    but if they did...

..they'd probably be the smallest refunds in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 impi

Can anyone log into Entropay?
    Haven't been able to get onto their webpage for 2 days now
    Just me?

impi wrote: »
    Can anyone log into Entropay?
    Haven't been able to get onto their webpage for 2 days now
    Just me?

It seems to be running slowly, but I can log in all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mixervilla

Do you need to have your funds on the entropay card in GBP to get out of the charges on Ryanair? Ive tried to pay for a flight in EUR by clicking Visa Electron although my card says Visa debit? What am i doing wrong? Cheers!

• Advertisement

mixervilla wrote: »
    Do you need to have your funds on the entropay card in GBP to get out of the charges on Ryanair?

Yes. The trick doesn't work if you've a EUR entropay card, only GBP.

Advertisement