Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Re my query yesterday:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055622068

Yesterday, per a recommendation there, I went looking at prices for vouchers.
    I decided that a €50 voucher would probably suit me, costing €55 when charges were included.
    I then decided to check the fares on a seperate window, to make sure it had not gone up.
    It hadn't, so I closed that window and returned to the voucher window.
    I bought the €55 voucher - and instead saw myself paying €78 for the fare in the window I had just closed!
    I still have the window up ..
    Your Ryanair Gift Voucher enables you to travel on any of our extensive & expanding route network across Europe. www.ryanair.com
    Your voucher is valid towards the cost of your Ryanair flights (including taxes, fees & charges). Once you have decided where & when you want to go, visit www.ryanair.com to book your flights.
    ERROR

The itenerary for the flight came to my E-mail, but the names are wrong (Because I wasn't planning on actually booking the flight)
    Ryanair's helpline girl, "Chris" who refused to give me her sirname refused to believe me, and then said I had to fax 01 5081702.
    They've not replied, and neither have the folks I Faxed at 01 8121230.
    The customer service number for Ryanair, 01 8121212, just rings out.

Any ideas here would be welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Re my query yesterday:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055622068

Yesterday, per a recommendation there, I went looking at prices for vouchers.
    I decided that a €50 voucher would probably suit me, costing €55 when charges were included.
    I then decided to check the fares on a seperate window, to make sure it had not gone up.
    It hadn't, so I closed that window and returned to the voucher window.
    I bought the €55 voucher - and instead saw myself paying €78 for the fare in the window I had just closed!
    I still have the window up ..

The itenerary for the flight came to my E-mail, but the names are wrong (Because I wasn't planning on actually booking the flight)
    Ryanair's helpline girl, "Chris" who refused to give me her sirname refused to believe me, and then said I had to fax 01 5081702.
    They've not replied, and neither have the folks I Faxed at 01 8121230.
    The customer service number for Ryanair, 01 8121212, just rings out.

Any ideas here would be welcome!

Not much help to you, but that always happens if you've multiple tabs open with Ryanair. I nearly got caught before booking connecting flights - booked the first one, then switched back to book the second but it popped up the details of the first one again - lucky I noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

2 quick questions guys, this thread is massive and makes searching pretty impossible.

1. I booked a flight to go to Leeds-Bradford from Dublin with Ryanair, will I be charges a €10 fee at the airport?

2. When they completely phase out the check in desks how will it work re: checking in baggage.

Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    2 quick questions guys, this thread is massive and makes searching pretty impossible.

1. I booked a flight to go to Leeds-Bradford from Dublin with Ryanair, will I be charges a €10 fee at the airport?

2. When they completely phase out the check in desks how will it work re: checking in baggage.

Cheers
    As I understand it they will have bag drop off desks.

Did you book your flight since the new online check in arrangements were in place? And what way are you checking in for your flight?

Oryx wrote: »
    As I understand it they will have bag drop off desks.

Did you book your flight since the new online check in arrangements were in place? And what way are you checking in for your flight?

Right sorry I'll just clear it up, didnt phrase it well.

Im flying over next week and got flights to Leeds for €2 return....im not taking any bags just hand luggage so I know there is no charge there. On this, will I be charged a €10 fee when I get to the airport (for some reason im being told I will)?

I was asking about baggage as my grandparents often fly over to England and they are wondering how the system will work when say they next go over in November.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Right sorry I'll just clear it up, didnt phrase it well.

Im flying over next week and got flights to Leeds for €2 return....im not taking any bags just hand luggage so I know there is no charge there. On this, will I be charged a €10 fee when I get to the airport (for some reason im being told I will)?

I was asking about baggage as my grandparents often fly over to England and they are wondering how the system will work when say they next go over in November.
    If you bought and paid for your ticket, and are checking in the way you said you would at the time of the booking, and are not making any other alterations to the details of your booking, I cant see how you should be charged a tenner? Who told you and what did they say it was for?

Oryx wrote: »
    If you bought and paid for your ticket, and are checking in the way you said you would at the time of the booking, and are not making any other alterations to the details of your booking, I cant see how you should be charged a tenner? Who told you and what did they say it was for?

It just follows from this:

Today's development comes after the Government introduced a €10 travel tax per passenger earlier this year. (source : http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0618/dublinairport.html The rest of the article is just irrelevant but I needed a source for the €10 charge)

Now I was under the impression that the €10 travel tax would have been absorbed by Ryanair into the price of the flight. You see, I know that when travelling through Knock Airport you have to pay a tenner when you're at the airport but thought that it's different for Dublin Airport.

Cheers for the replies by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

No you won't be charged €10 at the airport. All government taxes are included in the total fare. Ryanair has simply absorbed the tax in your case.

Knock is a different story, the €10 you pay there is an airport development fee and has nothing to do with government taxes. This fee is not included the air fare, and must be paid at the airport.

Hope the helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

Sniipe wrote: »
    I bought 2 flights seperately for 2 people. Now I can't go in late august to Italy. It cost me 250. If I can't go do I lose all?

No you won't lose all. You can claim back the government taxes if you don't travel. There is a €20 administration fee charged though.

Ryanair will not refund the air fare. Baggage fees, credit card fees, priority boarding fees etc are also non-refundable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

since the refund of charges less the cost of applying will not gain much ,you could consider a name change, i.e. sell the ticket to a friend OR change you r flight times to another date, if that is of any use to you. You will pay a fee plus the difference in fares. Worth a look

Regards ,Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Cheers

1.10 euro fee? For what exactly?

2. "completely phase out the check in desks" There will probably have automatic machines. Where did you source that from?

padocon wrote: »
    1.10 euro fee? For what exactly?

2. "completely phase out the check in desks" There will probably have automatic machines. Where did you source that from?

1. see my post after my initial post:

Today's development comes after the Government introduced a €10 travel tax per passenger earlier this year. (source : http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0618/dublinairport.html The rest of the article is just irrelevant but I needed a source for the €10 charge)

In that linked article from RTE they are talking about the new charge. I never noticed any change in prices for flight this year and was told by someone (just a friend) that they will be doing something similar to what they do @ Knock airport and charge a tenner on the way to the departure lounge. I dont believe that it will happen but I wanted some clarity from someone who knows more

2. see this link: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0428/ryanair.html

theyre completely abolishing the check in desks and by november (have a look and try book a flight) the only option available is to online check in with a €5 charge each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

1. see my post after my initial post:

In that linked article from RTE they are talking about the new charge. I never noticed any change in prices for flight this year and was told by someone (just a friend) that they will be doing something similar to what they do @ Knock airport and charge a tenner on the way to the departure lounge. I dont believe that it will happen but I wanted some clarity from someone who knows more

2. see this link: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0428/ryanair.html

theyre completely abolishing the check in desks and by november (have a look and try book a flight) the only option available is to online check in with a €5 charge each way.

1. That tax is probably added to the bill when you pay online. Under "Taxes & Charges"

2. I'm sure there will be people at the airport to help you. All will be reviled. If you really want to find out give them an email.

Sorry I can be of no help.
    Ta for the links! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carpy

Sniipe wrote: »
    I bought 2 flights seperately for 2 people. Now I can't go in late august to Italy. It cost me 250. If I can't go do I lose all?

you can change your flights online - it will leave you €110 for other flights (€250 - (4 * €35))

at least it could be useful to you

http://www.ryanair.com/site/IE/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi,

Please can someone allay my wifes fears as she is going nuts here?

I did an online checkin for ryanair return flights and the Mrs. noticed i put down the wrong Passport expiry date on her booking.

The Ryanair terms and conditions state you cannot change the booking after the online checkin is completed.

I crossed off the wrong date with a pen hand wrote in beside it the correct expiry date so now i am only drawing attention to the error.

Any tips what i should do greatly appreciated. We are due to fly tomorrow :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Can you print the page again? Writing on the boarding card may invalidate it, and entering the wrong passport date may also invalidate it. I'd imagine that only Ryanair can really answer your question, but if it's no good, you'll need to re-book.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged.

OP, in all the time I've flown with Ryanair, I don't think that they've ever examined my passport in detail, esp expiry date.

I'd say that you would be OK with a newly printed clean boarding pass - but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I've had this happen to me recently flying from Glasgow, Ryanair will amend it for free if you phone them, they change the date/spelling etc on the computer system and you log back in to online check in and print a new pass with the corrected details. The "no change once checked in" refers to adding passengers etc not fixing typos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I've had this happen to me recently flying from Glasgow, Ryanair will amend it for free if you phone them, they change the date/spelling etc on the computer system and you log back in to online check in and print a new pass with the corrected details. The "no change once checked in" refers to adding passengers etc not fixing typos.

Ah crap the phoneline is closed from 7pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Useful info there, Thephantomsmask - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Hi,

Please can someone allay my wifes fears as she is going nuts here?

I did an online checkin for ryanair return flights and the Mrs. noticed i put down the wrong Passport expiry date on her booking.

The Ryanair terms and conditions state you cannot change the booking after the online checkin is completed.

I crossed off the wrong date with a pen hand wrote in beside it the correct expiry date so now i am only drawing attention to the error.

Any tips what i should do greatly appreciated. We are due to fly tomorrow :o
    If that was me, id just re-print it, and hope for the best. All they do is check that the passport is valid. They always examine them in a hurry.... Last week when I was fumbling to get my passport out for inspection, they nearly let me through without looking at it, but the little time they spent looking at it... I doubt they would have even gotten my name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

They have never really looked at mine or my families passports in detail when flying. I would just print off a new boarding pass and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭digsy32

Similar thing with me. I'm flying to Spain tomorrow but one of the passport numbers is missing a digit.

I really hope Ryanair will be able to sort this out for free when i ring them in the morning?!?

I hope this won't affect the Spanish governments rules of needing passport numbers before travelling there,

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭digsy32

They sorted this out for me for free. Quite painless really from Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Apologies if this is posted already, but, what routes are Ryanair cutting? I'm hoping to fly Dublin to Reus on 15th of sept and back on the 22nd but am afraid to book yet - is this route affected?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Apologies if this is posted already, but, what routes are Ryanair cutting? I'm hoping to fly Dublin to Reus on 15th of sept and back on the 22nd but am afraid to book yet - is this route affected?!

If its available to be booked, then this means that it isn't being cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Just wondering if anyone knows or if you can transfer your bag on to your final destination with Ryanair?
    I have to book a flight to Austria and will have fly Dublin to Stansted, Stansted to Salzburg.
    Can I book it in, in Dublin and pick it up in Salzburg?
    Or do I have to go and check in at Stansted too for the connecting flight.

Thanks,

R

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

I would be 99.8% certain that there is no way you'd be able to check your bag through to Sallzburg from Dublin - that's not the Ryanair way.....might cost them a few extra pennies

but maybe someone more knowledgable than me could clarify that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Each Ryanair flight is A to B. You would have 2 completely separate and unrelated bookings for both trips.

You will have to carry your own bags. It's 2 separate journeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I was thinking the same.

R

Advertisement