Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Be aware that as a point to point carrier (their own description), they will not see you all the way through. If you miss your connection, no matter what the reason, you will have to buy your own ticket for onward travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I got caught out with Ryanair on this previously.
    Give yourself a lot of 'transfe'r time to collect your bagage and queue for the next craft.

"Ryanair is a point to point airline, we don't do transfers..."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

10-10-20 wrote: »
    I got caught out with Ryanair on this previously.
    Give yourself a lot of 'transfe'r time to collect your bagage and queue for the next craft.

"Ryanair is a point to point airline, we don't do transfers..."

Cheers thanks, hand luggage only so should be ok, and plenty of time between the two flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Hey all,

I was thinking about going somewhere for a break during december and i was looking at flights, seeing as Ryanair only allow 15kgs per main baggage and excess baggage is €10 per kg.
    I was wondering if i booked 2 seats for myself does this then entitle me to 30kgs of wieght (checked baggage )20kgs of carry on and loads of space in my seat?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

15 kgs is loads..how long are you planning on going for?

Not that long i dunno yet really, but my case weights about 5 on its own.. and winter clothes are heavy.

EDIT: The flights I was looking at are connections with Ryanair before going to eastern Europe, connections to London to be exact. So are only €15 per flight + booking ect (thanks to boards that = €0 ;))
    so from what i was looking at, i may aswell get 1extra ticket now, for 15kgs, between two of us as pay €10 per kg later if im over weight.
    I just dont know how the airline would take it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

greenfly wrote: »
    I was wondering if i booked 2 seats for myself does this then entitle me to 30kgs of wieght (checked baggage )20kgs of carry on and loads of space in my seat?

Thanks

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AFAIK Ryanair doesn't allow passengers to share their allowances. If your case weigh 5kg on it's own you can only put another 10kg into it and then have 15kg in another case. Also you can only carry 1 item of cabin bagage not exceeding 10kg, even if you have a 2nd seat you'll still only 1 person.

Then there is the issue of unaccompanied bagage on the aircraft. The seat beside you will be empty so the bag for that seat won't be allowed to fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

greenfly wrote: »
    Not that long i dunno yet really, but my case weights about 5 on its own.. and winter clothes are heavy.

That's an very heavy case, get a lighter one. I've seen some that only way about 1-2kg. You'll also have the hand baggage allowance.

• Advertisement

ok so obviously the cabin luggage one wont work and according to the FAQ's on ryanair's site
    No pooling or sharing of baggage allowances is permitted, even within a party travelling on the same reservation

But it is possible to "purchase an extra seat for a large person" Link or even two in my own name, would this then entitle me to two seperate bags neither exceeding 15kgs both with my name on as i have booked two seats. Maybe not for the large person but for two tickets.

Please dont take offecnce at the large person idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

No. Each person has there own baggage allowance. The allowance is per person not per how many seats they book/use.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged with the Ryanair megathread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubcookie

since we are talking about our national 'low fares' airline..

i just booked flights which were fairly reasonable, but we had to pay 20 euro each baggage, ok i know a lot of airlines do this, then 10 euro each for web check in (why??? it hardly costs them anything for us to check in online and they are saving a fortune in staff costs by us not checking in at the airport)

and the final insult - 10 euro EACH to use my credit card, so 60 quid onto the booking for using a card. they wont take my laser so i had to use my credit card

is this legal???surely there must be a consumer affairs body that could put a stop to this. Anyone got any thoughts?

oh yeah and my 8 month old who will have to sit on my lap on that tiny seat, costs 40 quid now. i rang the airline and asked what happened to under 2's being free and he couldnt tell me why this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

if u had used entropay u would not have have 2 pay for using the credit card

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yes Dubcookie it is legal as long as they tell you the final price before you pay.

Honestly being shocked about Ryanair (or any other airline honestly) having lots of extra charges these days makes me wonder if people have not bothered to read/listen to any discussion in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

dubcookie wrote: »
    since we are talking about our national 'low fares' airline..

i just booked flights which were fairly reasonable, but we had to pay 20 euro each baggage, ok i know a lot of airlines do this, then 10 euro each for web check in (why??? it hardly costs them anything for us to check in online and they are saving a fortune in staff costs by us not checking in at the airport)

and the final insult - 10 euro EACH to use my credit card, so 60 quid onto the booking for using a card. they wont take my laser so i had to use my credit card

is this legal???surely there must be a consumer affairs body that could put a stop to this. Anyone got any thoughts?

oh yeah and my 8 month old who will have to sit on my lap on that tiny seat, costs 40 quid now. i rang the airline and asked what happened to under 2's being free and he couldnt tell me why this is.
    I thought it was 5 euro each way for web checkin?

It costs 15 euro each way for baggage with Aerlingus thus overall it works out about the same. Aerlingus have a "handling fee" of 5 euro each way on top of their more expensive checked in baggage fee.

So as you can see other airlines charge about the same overall. At least the base price of ryanair flights are usually lower.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you want extra baggage then dupe some family/friends into doing a round trip for you.

In a lot of cases the return flight is on the same aircraft so If you already have done the online checkin ,can they just wander over to the departure without having to go through security and all that again ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you want extra baggage then dupe some family/friends into doing a round trip for you.

In a lot of cases the return flight is on the same aircraft so If you already have done the online checkin ,can they just wander over to the departure without having to go through security and all that again ?
    Considering that they fly mainly to small airports there would not be a way to not check in properly again (at least not at most I've visited with Ryanair).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubcookie

carly_86 wrote: »
    if u had used entropay u would not have have 2 pay for using the credit card

please tell? what is entropay? sounds interesting!! thanks :-)

• Advertisement

dubcookie wrote: »
    please tell? what is entropay? sounds interesting!! thanks :-)

a virtual credit that u use can use on ryanair. Read back through post it will explain all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

Use Entropay to avoid both Ryanair and Aer Lingus credit card/handling fees.

www.entropay.com

It's a virtual credit card (ie. you won't be sent an actual card)

Make sure you select Pound Sterling as your account currency, NOT EURO.

However there is a small catch: Entropay charge a fee to transfer money onto the card. (5% of the amount you wish to transfer). Just bear this in mind.

Visa Electron cards are not available in Ireland, so don't try getting one.

Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

you can get a visa electron from halifax.

bennyob wrote: »
    Did this not turn out to be a Visa debit card (this is what I recall reading in some other thread when it was brought up).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

{citation needed}.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I don't think the Electron card is available in Ireland. I have an Electron card from Halifax in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

NOT in Ireland. Halifax only issue Visa Electron in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Nody wrote: »
    Did this not turn out to be a Visa debit card (this is what I recall reading in some other thread when it was brought up).

No. The image of the card in the site says Visa debit, but Ryanair accepts it as Visa Electron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

blah wrote: »
    No. The image of the card in the site says Visa debit, but Ryanair accepts it as Visa Electron.

The Ryanair website accepts the Halifax Ireland Visa Debit card, as Visa Electron? Are you sure?

• Advertisement

Thats not true halifax visa cards are not used as visa electron on ryanair

Advertisement