Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

benifa wrote: »
    The Ryanair website accepts the Halifax Ireland Visa Debit card, as Visa Electron? Are you sure?

Sorry that was my mistake. I thought we were talking about the entropay card.
    On the entropay website the image of the card says visa debit but it is accepted as visa electron by Ryanair.

I don't know anything about the card from Halifax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Just trying to book some flights to london, 4 of us travelling . Flights cost 99c each but total cost (no bags) is €330.50.

Thats an incredible €322 in taxes , fees etc. Takes the good out of it all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Shelflife wrote: »
    Just trying to book some flights to london, 4 of us travelling . Flights cost 99c each but total cost (no bags) is €330.50.

Have you compared prices with Aer Lingus / BMI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

€83ish for a return flight is a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

WOW that's a lot what time of the year r u going, airport would u be flyin in2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

knock -london in oct, overall the price is ok, its just you get the 99c flights and end up paying big money in fees,levies and taxes.

the other airlines are similar.

The govt and the airlines will kill the avaition industry with all these add ons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

knock -london in oct, overall the price is ok, its just you get the 99c flights and end up paying big money in fees,levies and taxes.

The govt and the airlines will kill the avaition industry with all these add ons.

Could u not go a day earlier that way u dont have 2 pay tax/charges and get free online check in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I agree with you that the prices should be more transparent, however at the end of the day what's important is how much the total price is. Then compare that with other airlines.

I should say, while having previously been a Ryanair fan, I've promised myself to avoid them if it all possible in future. They're seriously not worth the headache. Worse start to a holiday, stressing over whether or not I'm going to be fleased at the airport by Ryanair (flying with an infant is stressful enough). The icing on the cake for me was the €5 charge, each way, for online check-in.

I'd actually rather pay a little more to fly with an airline who's not out to catch you out, iyswim. Take Aer Arann, for example. Might be a little more expensive, but they're a cracking little airline, staff extremely friendly, hospital and understanding - and I don't feel they're out to me either.

We're going to Singapore this December with KLM from Manchester. Flying from Waterford with Aer Arann. Happy to do this, as I know I'll be happy and relaxed. I'd never dream of starting a holiday by taking Ryanair though, I'd be on edge and stressed out until the plane landed, most probably.

But anyway, maybe that's just me getting old. Can't say I've not had some bargains with Ryanair in the past, but no more. Life's too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 zyggy32

Just flew back from Scotland Yesterday... Just to let people know there is no where to print off your Boarding Pass at Glasgow Prestwick Airport... Left mine in the Hotel realised at Glasgow Train station... Could not find an internet cafe in Glasgow Central Station.....

40 STG to check in at RatAir's desk....... Even though I paid EUR for the flight........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would have asked the Station Manager to reprint it and bunged them a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

zyggy32 wrote: »
    Just flew back from Scotland Yesterday... Just to let people know there is no where to print off your Boarding Pass at Glasgow Prestwick Airport... Left mine in the Hotel realised at Glasgow Train station... Could not find an internet cafe in Glasgow Central Station.....

40 STG to check in at RatAir's desk....... Even though I paid EUR for the flight........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BTW I think you can only print them at a minimum of 4 hours before the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sorry but that's YOUR fault, not Ryanairs. YOU lost your boarding pass. There are a few internet cafe's literally two minutes walk from Glasgow Central - if you'd asked a member of staff in the station i'm sure they could have pointed you in the right direction.

And it's also not Ryanairs fault that you can't print stuff at Prestwick. Complain to the airport. I'm pretty sure at Edinburgh airport you can print stuff out at their little internet cafe place in departures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

eth0_ wrote: »
    Sorry but that's YOUR fault, not Ryanairs.

Why are you sorry? He wasn't whinging. The guy was just pointing out that he couldn't find somewhere to check in online in the airport.

It totally was his fault. It was also pricey.

Actually there's a business opportunity for any enterprising shops in Prestwick or any shop near a Ryanair check in desk. Install a cheap PC / Printer and put up a big sign saying "Check in to your RyanAir flight here" and charge the guys £10 (if the Ryanair cost is £40). I'm sure they'd make a fair few quid.

padocon wrote: »
    BTW I think you can only print them at a minimum of 4 hours before the flight.

You can reprint a checked in boarding pass up to 40 minutes before the flight. You have to check in up to 4 hours before the flight.

eth0_ wrote: »
    Sorry but that's YOUR fault, not Ryanairs. YOU lost your boarding pass. There are a few internet cafe's literally two minutes walk from Glasgow Central - if you'd asked a member of staff in the station i'm sure they could have pointed you in the right direction.

And it's also not Ryanairs fault that you can't print stuff at Prestwick. Complain to the airport. I'm pretty sure at Edinburgh airport you can print stuff out at their little internet cafe place in departures.

I still think that 40 STG is a lot to pay for not having a printout of a page from the internet. I am aware that I lost my boarding pass, and didn't blame Ryanair for that.......

Rip Off plain and simple, thanks for the advice I did talk to a guy at the main information desk and he did not furnish this information. I had actuallly already checked in. Anyway I will print twenty boarding passes the next time just to be safe no hard feelings :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If it pleases you I may add this to the post Rip off Ireland instead and many thanks for your kind welcome to Boards.ie

Why are you sorry? He wasn't whinging. The guy was just pointing out that he couldn't find somewhere to check in online in the airport.

It totally was his fault. It was also pricey.

Actually there's a business opportunity for any enterprising shops in Prestwick or any shop near a Ryanair check in desk. Install a cheap PC / Printer and put up a big sign saying "Check in to your RyanAir flight here" and charge the guys £10 (if the Ryanair cost is £40). I'm sure they'd make a fair few quid.

I agree Mick, I reckon that this could be the case in a lot of Airports you could make a nice little business of it. I would probably charge just for the use of the internet though LOL:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I still think that 40 STG is a lot to pay for not having a printout of a page from the internet. I am aware that I lost my boarding pass, and didn't blame Ryanair for that.......

Rip Off plain and simple, thanks for the advice I did talk to a guy at the main information desk and he did not furnish this information.

How on earth is it a rip off? You're clearly told to bring your boarding pass, and the cost if you forget it is clearly stated. It's the first thing stated in the confirmation e-mail after the the reservation code, in capitals:
    IN ORDER TO TRAVEL YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK-IN ONLINE AND PRESENT AT THE AIRPORT YOUR ONLINE BOARDING PASS(ES) AND VALID ACCEPTED TRAVEL DOCUMENT PASSENGERS WHO DO NOT PRESENT A BOARDING PASS AT THE AIRPORT WILL BE CHARGED A RE-ISSUE FEE OF EURO40/GBP40.

You have to check in up to 4 hours before the flight.

Mickoneill: I don't think that would work, firstly not many people would be at the airport 4 hours before the flight. Also the people who don't check in online are those who don't know how to use a computer. So the only people left are those who could not find an i-net cafe & arrive 4 hours before the flight. Does that leave many?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Plus the people who have lost their boarding pass who arrive >40 minutes before departure, which covers a potential 90% of passengers.

As for the dopes who cant use a computer, you could always have a guy hired to do the checking in for them

Money spinner

Plus the people who have lost their boarding pass who arrive >40 minutes before departure, which covers a potential 90% of passengers.

As for the dopes who cant use a computer, you could always have a guy hired to do the checking in for them

Money spinner

How many people flying on Ryanair, loose a boarding pass each day, in an airport?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 meltdown01

We booked flights with Ryanair to Sardinia for October. Ryanair decided to cancel the return flight and refunded us our money for that flight. They have refused to refund the outgoing flight. As we booked these at seperate times they think this is OK. Surely, this cannot be right. Needless to say I have sent them a complaint letter. Then it will be on to comsumer agency. After this I am going to stick to travelling by ferry and holidaying in France.
    Anyone had the same experience??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As with ALL things RyanAir, you get what you pay for. In MY words "You pay peanuts, you get peanuts of a service".

Why did you book the two legs of journey at separate times? Or course Ryanair can cancel one and not the other. It was two different purchases from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭themetallifan

I've heard this happening before. Their stance on it is that if you book two different legs at different times, then there are two different contracts, so they are only going to honour the one refund. If they were booked at once, then they would definitely have to refund both.

It's ridiculous, but it's typical of Ryanair (and completely within their right).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Nothing new there with Ryanair. Each flight is booked separately.

They have covered themselves well, so you're stuck. Not much you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just curious why they had to cancel and refund rather than put you on a different flight?
    Can you not use your refund and book another flight?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you booked the two flights at seperate times then its very much two different contracts for two different flights, the very fact one is being canceled doesn't automatically void the other contract as it was booked and can still go ahead.

Not ideal but I don't see how Ryanair are legally liable here, if you had booked the whole thing in the one go then needless to say you want the outbound flight and the inbound flight and if one doesn't happen then the whole thing would be off.

I don't see how you have recourse on this as they are still able to supply the other flight you booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

To be honest this isnt a ryanair issue as such. It is standard practise in the airline industry the fact that you booked it as two seperate booking (2 contracts)

Tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 meltdown01

It sucks!!! and I certainly won't be booking with them again. Gettin stung once is all it takes for me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

meltdown01 wrote: »
    It sucks!!! and I certainly won't be booking with them again. Gettin stung once is all it takes for me

It def sucks alright, the only way they'd refund the other flight is if they did it as goodwill as legally I don't see why they'd have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I agree. It's a reason I won't use Ryanair unless I have no other choice. I'd rather pay more and get a better service.

Advertisement