Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 meltdown01

Saruman
    Answer is they are not flying to Sardinia or back after 25th october. There are no alternative flights. Would have to go on another airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Not sure of the routes etc from Sardinia, but perhaps you could book a ryanair flight to one of their hubs that also services dublin, so perhaps Sardina -> Stansted. Stansted -> Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

meltdown01 wrote: »
    Saruman
    Answer is they are not flying to Sardinia or back after 25th october. There are no alternative flights. Would have to go on another airline.

Ah thanks, that makes sense now. It sucks though. I wonder would you get a different response from someone else? I am not sure you would.

How about holiday insurance? If you have to cancel the trip because of this then would the holiday insurance cover you? Your flight was cancelled and there is usually a cancellation policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

zyggy32 wrote: »
    I still think that 40 STG is a lot to pay for not having a printout of a page from the internet. I am aware that I lost my boarding pass, and didn't blame Ryanair for that.......

Yes, and imagine how much cheaper a ryanair flight would be if they didn't have to employ check-in desk staff to deal with people who lose their boarding passes.

Good point must check out my holiday insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not sure of the routes etc from Sardinia, but perhaps you could book a ryanair flight to one of their hubs that also services dublin, so perhaps Sardina -> Stansted. Stansted -> Dublin?
    Depends on which airport you are using Cagliari . Alghero , Olbia

you can also go via Bristol , Edinbourg , Birmingham

if all else fails get to the UK and then www.seat61.com for train and ferry for £29 to Dublin from any UK train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Paulw wrote: »
    I agree. It's a reason I won't use Ryanair unless I have no other choice. I'd rather pay more and get a better service.
    Tell us what airline refunds two flights which have been purchased independently of each other when one of those flights is cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You will be waiting a long time for an answer other than 'No airline'

In fairness, the two legs of the trip were booked completely independently. You had two separate contracts with Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 zyggy32

MOH wrote: »
    How on earth is it a rip off? You're clearly told to bring your boarding pass, and the cost if you forget it is clearly stated. It's the first thing stated in the confirmation e-mail after the the reservation code, in capitals:

Whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Whatever
    good point, well argued :rolleyes:

Depends on which airport you are using Cagliari . Alghero , Olbia

you can also go via Bristol , Edinbourg , Birmingham

if all else fails get to the UK and then www.seat61.com for train and ferry for £29 to Dublin from any UK train station.

Thanks for the train info often wondered about this but didn't have a clue how to go about it. Would make for more interesting travel. Also I am also concerned about gobal warming. So great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Whatever

I defer to your superior debating skills

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭proteuspal

well lads i am booking flights home for xmas. looking at dec 23rd to jan 4th, it comes to 79Euro, for stansted to dublin return, seems a little steep??
    can anyone recommend something for getting this price down because i am booking well in advance???
    also are they not flying at all on christmas eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Well, if that doesn't sound like a bargain - I don't know what does!! :eek:That is peak time, seats are very much in demand - if I were you - I would book that seat pronto - particularly as you are restricted on dates. You are not going to get a €1 deal then. Christmas eve is probably sold out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Unlikely you will get cheaper than that.

Seems like a good price to me, especially considering it's going to be a very busy day for airlines.

Thread merged into the Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

proteuspal wrote: »
    well lads i am booking flights home for xmas. looking at dec 23rd to jan 4th, it comes to 79Euro, for stansted to dublin return, seems a little steep??
    can anyone recommend something for getting this price down because i am booking well in advance???

You should have tried flying over the Christmas period 15 years ago!

Cheaper alternatives might be

1. Get the train/bus & ferry
    2. Walk then ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

proteuspal wrote: »

They usually confirm Christmas Eve/Stephen's Day schedule much later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Hi guys,

Myself and the girlfriend booked to go on Ryanair both of us with just carry on. Now we want to bring an extra bag with us (going for two weeks). I've done this before- where I have just paid for carry-on baggage, went to the airport with an extra bag and just paid something like 20 euro to put the extra bag on the plane.

Now I know Ryanair have all these new rules regarding airport check in and carry on baggage- so my questions are:

1. Can I still do this?
    2. How much will it cost? Still around 20 euro or will I have to bend over and take it like a man?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is so bloody, bloody, bloody annoying. Why the hell on earth has Ryanair taken away the Maestro card option, I demand an explanation. I have used this card about ten times with them (UK Maestro card) and now the option is not there anymore. I wish I had the power to stop all their aircraft all at once. Hello god, could you do something here please, cheers. Im so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so bloody bloody bloody bloody angry angry angry angry angry. Can someone do something about this please, does anyone have the power to shut this airline down until they bring back the Maestro card option. Bloody dickheads, I dont have a Visa or a Mastercard. Someone please ban all normal credit cards so us poor buggers with debit cards can have some leeway on the internet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

its probably got something to do with how much they can charge you to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

in the top right, with region settings... set it to UK and then try again...
    the pricing will be in sterling but it might work...

just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thanks fo replying but the settings is for Great Britain. I tried to book in Leitrim a few weeks ago for a flight to Scotland and I thought it was just in Ireland that the non-Maestro thing applied. But now in Scotland Im trying to book a flight from Shannon to Edinburgh, as Im traveling back with my brother by ferry to Ireland for the last few weeks of my holiday and it still coming up as non-Maestro. So just out of curiosity I changed the flights around just to see what options would come up and UK Maestro shows as an option, now all I need is a proxy server to fool them, dammit anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'd be very surprised if they removed Maestro from the UK. Thats what all the banks issue.

Thread merged into Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Hi guys,

Myself and the girlfriend booked to go on Ryanair both of us with just carry on. Now we want to bring an extra bag with us (going for two weeks). I've done this before- where I have just paid for carry-on baggage, went to the airport with an extra bag and just paid something like 20 euro to put the extra bag on the plane.

Now I know Ryanair have all these new rules regarding airport check in and carry on baggage- so my questions are:

1. Can I still do this?
    2. How much will it cost? Still around 20 euro or will I have to bend over and take it like a man?

Thanks

Anyone know anything on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone know anything on this?

ring them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Hi guys,

1. Can I still do this?

Thanks

Do you mean you paid 20 quid to bring an extra bag as carry-on, or you paid 20 quid at the airport to put it in the hold?

There's an option under 'manage my booking' on the website to add check-in baggage to your booking, costs 20 per bag.
    (I presume this is return, since it's a return flight, it's not clear if it applies to both legs)

BUT

There's a confusing message on that page. The top section is for bulky items/sports/baby equipment, the bottom section for adding baggage. But its the bottom section that has the note :
    Your reservation indicates that you have selected online check-in, if you now add sports/musical or infant equipment your ability to check-in online will be removed and you will be charged the airport check-in fee per person/per flight.
    I thought there was no airport check-in any more?

Advertisement