Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

afaik, someone has set up a printing kiosk is dublin airport for such a situation. it costs around a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

bennyob wrote: »
    afaik, someone has set up a printing kiosk is dublin airport for such a situation. it costs around a euro.

still need to do it at least 4hours before departure....there must be an internet cafe on your route or in work or near work..or near home.... which will have a printer.

F£ck sake... the local video shop and laundrette has them(Computers with internet and printers) here (near me)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

fatboypee wrote: »
    I Shoulda schtuck it to ryanair on the one cent deals and got others to do it too.. in other words, tried to fill up an empty plane (as much as the 1 cent percentage would be allocated at least).....

fkkers have just changed my return leg of a flight from 2.45pm to 08:45 in the morning rendering the trip pretty bloody pointless :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I booked a return flight to the UK on that deal and got a mail yesterday saying they'd moved both flights. Only by 20 minutes thank God, but there seems to be a spate of rescheduling going on.

Of course, not much good to you if it's only, but you should be entitled to a refund. May as well make them go through the work of processing it.

How much notice did they give you of the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

they've cancelled girona to shannon for winter :( that was my cheap ski holiday every year, and now totally cuts us off from my parents place for the winter, so cant get over for the rugby in perpignan either..

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Once youve already checked in, (which the op can do) you can print the card up to 40 mins prior to departure. Which is where the kiosk would come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I used the kiosk before in dublin airport as i was in a hotel in louth and only had my laptop. It will work.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭gar_29

hey,

i flew with ryanair last month. at the time, you had to pay to check in at the airport if you were travelling with an infant, and apply for a refund after travel.

i sent in a request, but they replied today telling me to get stuffed. when i check their website, they've changed the system, you can now check in online with an infant, but when i made the booking that was how the system worked.

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

gar_29 wrote: »
    hey,

i flew with ryanair last month. at the time, you had to pay to check in at the airport if you were travelling with an infant, and apply for a refund after travel.

i sent in a request, but they replied today telling me to get stuffed. when i check their website, they've changed the system, you can now check in online with an infant, but when i made the booking that was how the system worked.

any thoughts?
    Did you check in after the new rules had changed?

axer wrote: »
    Did you check in after the new rules had changed?

i don't think so, i don't check the page too often! it'd be immaterial, if the terms were such at the time of booking.

• Advertisement

i don't think so, i don't check the page too often! it'd be immaterial, if the terms were such at the time of booking.
    When did they change their system? was it before or after your flight or check in?

When did they change their system? was it before or after your flight or check in?

again, i don't know, however it's immaterial, as the terms at the time of purchase would be the relevant ones.

again, i don't know, however it's immaterial, as the terms at the time of purchase would be the relevant ones.
    It is important because one of the terms at the time of purchase was that the terms are subject to change.

It is important because one of the terms at the time of purchase was that the terms are subject to change.

no, the term was that it had to be paid upfront and reclaimed. this was not a booking fee relating to the travel section, it was an admin fee for airport check-in.

my unique booking stated that, regardless of whether they changed it for others at a later date.

to rephrase my question, and maybe another forum would be suitable, is it possible to dig up webpages from a few months ago? archive.org only has them from over a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

hey,

any thoughts?

Have you checked your confirmation email that was sent when you made booking? That usually has a load of T&Cs in it.

harsea8 wrote: »
    Have you checked your confirmation email that was sent when you made booking? That usually has a load of T&Cs in it.

yes, nothing about it there. at the time it was on the webpage, but it's now been changed to reflect the web-online checkin policy they're bringing in.

i mean, it's only 20 quid, but it's a niggle!

i'd take them to the scc just for hoots, but it's impossible for me to prove my side of the story. i'd love to find a cache of the webpage, but i'm struggling to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

yes, nothing about it there. at the time it was on the webpage, but it's now been changed to reflect the web-online checkin policy they're bringing in.

i mean, it's only 20 quid, but it's a niggle!

i'd take them to the scc just for hoots, but it's impossible for me to prove my side of the story. i'd love to find a cache of the webpage, but i'm struggling to :(

I suspect if you did that you wouldn't fly with ryanair again

ch750536 wrote: »
    I suspect if you did that you wouldn't fly with ryanair again

haha, i'd reckon so!

totally off topic, never, ever again will i fly with them when with the baby. horrendous!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Well I never thought Id be posting in here but I am. My father in law died suddenly a week and a half ago. Thing is he's Austrian so we had to get back there fast. Quickest way was with Ryanair to Bratislava and my brother in law collected us ( its only 40 minutes from their house outside Vienna ). For myself , my wife and 2 kids they charged us just over a grand one way for the journey. Now thats not my problem, my problem is that they told us because it was so close to the departure time of the flight that we couldnt buy tickets on-line and that we'd have to come to the airport and collect them there ( stand by tickets as such ) so thats what we did. Now here's my problem. They then charged us €40 each because we didnt check in on-line. We explained the sudden death in the family, we explained that we had no chance to check in on-line because they couldnt issue the tickets but to no avail. So another €160. This year I flew with Ryanair to Glasgow, East Midlands, London and Bratislava twice. My wife and kids made similar journeys to Bratislava, Paris and London over the course of the year. Never again. No compassion shown what so ever. Talk about kicking someone when they're down. As I said I understand the business model and their ticket price but the check in fee was just a kick in the Bo))ox. So thanks Ryanair for all that went before, I danced to your tune with the various different ways you wanted me to pay, printed my own boarding card, checked in online, carried on my weight restricted bag and even paid priority boarding but never ever again. For what its worth my In laws were due to visit us in October and when we called Aer Lingus who the flights were booked with they offered us a full refund. In the end they re-arranged Xmas flights for us and even though the new flights we wanted would have cost more , they didnt charge us any extra. Sometimes its not about the money and for me i found that out last week. Aer Lingus can look forward to our 2 to 3 grand we spend annualy on flights from here on in never mind the fact that my wife ( A Teacher ) is responsible for bringing circa 100 kids to Paris every year on their school trip. They flew Ryanair last time.... Now I wonder who gets the business this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

I think your wife should choose the cheapest carrier for her school trip to France and not pass on the extra costs to 100 parents during these hard times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

menuisier wrote: »
    I think your wife should choose the cheapest carrier for her school trip to France and not pass on the extra costs to 100 parents during these hard times.

If any carrier is renowned for passing on "extra costs" - it's Ryanair.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Well I never thought Id be posting in here but I am. My father in law died suddenly a week and a half ago. Thing is he's Austrian so we had to get back there fast. Quickest way was with Ryanair to Bratislava and my brother in law collected us ( its only 40 minutes from their house outside Vienna ). For myself , my wife and 2 kids they charged us just over a grand one way for the journey. Now thats not my problem, my problem is that they told us because it was so close to the departure time of the flight that we couldnt buy tickets on-line and that we'd have to come to the airport and collect them there ( stand by tickets as such ) so thats what we did. Now here's my problem. They then charged us €40 each because we didnt check in on-line. We explained the sudden death in the family, we explained that we had no chance to check in on-line because they couldnt issue the tickets but to no avail. So another €160. This year I flew with Ryanair to Glasgow, East Midlands, London and Bratislava twice. My wife and kids made similar journeys to Bratislava, Paris and London over the course of the year. Never again. No compassion shown what so ever. Talk about kicking someone when they're down. As I said I understand the business model and their ticket price but the check in fee was just a kick in the Bo))ox. So thanks Ryanair for all that went before, I danced to your tune with the various different ways you wanted me to pay, printed my own boarding card, checked in online, carried on my weight restricted bag and even paid priority boarding but never ever again. For what its worth my In laws were due to visit us in October and when we called Aer Lingus who the flights were booked with they offered us a full refund. In the end they re-arranged Xmas flights for us and even though the new flights we wanted would have cost more , they didnt charge us any extra. Sometimes its not about the money and for me i found that out last week. Aer Lingus can look forward to our 2 to 3 grand we spend annualy on flights from here on in never mind the fact that my wife ( A Teacher ) is responsible for bringing circa 100 kids to Paris every year on their school trip. They flew Ryanair last time.... Now I wonder who gets the business this year ;)
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

Ryanair openly admit that they make most profit from VFR's (visiting friends and relatives) going to funerals and are unapologetic about it.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/funeral-flights-bring-in-best-profits-says-ryanair-boss-1397374.html

Ryanair's policies don't exactly care about people's situations (although I have always found their staff on board the airplanes very nice and helpful).

menuisier wrote: »

Well direct flights to Vienna in Austria as opposed to Slovakia with Aer Lingus ( Not Vienna Bratislava as Ryanair call it ) were actualy cheaper. Only problem was we didnt have time to make it on the Aer Lingus flight because of when we got the call. Dont buy into the Ryanair "We are cheaper " hype too much. The last time I went to Paris Air France was €50 more but given that I had to get a €25 bus journey from Tille and spent an extra 3 hours on the same bus there and back €25 was a small price to pay for a direct flight and the time saving.

Dont buy into the Ryanair "We are cheaper " hype too much.
    It really depends on the destination.

People should always look at the over all cost of a journey and not just assume because the flight was cheaper getting you to a country that the overall cost is cheaper.

Take Berlin Schönefeld airport for instance which I used to fly into once or twice a month. Aerlingus fly to the same airport and it is very close to the city with a train station right across the road. I could get the flights with priority boarding, checked in luggage and food on the plane cheaper that a regular flight with Aerlingus with no checked in baggage. The only downside of the Ryanair flight is that it leaves early in the morning.

Anyway it was the €40 check in each that bugged me and not the ticket price. It wasnt our fault we couldnt check in on-line , it was theirs. Most people wont be put off by my tale of woe but I was. They got their pound of flesh with the price of the flights , the check in fee was just rubbing salt in the wounds and anyway f*uk their business model, someone had just died , they had already nailed us , there really was no need to be so heartless. Anyway never again. €160 this time has just cost them a lifetime of flights from our family.

Anyway it was the €40 check in each that bugged me and not the ticket price. It wasnt our fault we couldnt check in on-line , it was theirs. Most people wont be put off by my tale of woe but I was. They got their pound of flesh with the price of the flights , the check in fee was just rubbing salt in the wounds and anyway f*uk their business model, someone had just died , they had already nailed us , there really was no need to be so heartless. Anyway never again. €160 this time has just cost them a lifetime of flights from our family.

Very well put. I couldn't agree more with every point you've made here.

I don't think it is fair to say that it is Ryanair's fault that you could not check in online. You purchased the ticket too close to the flight time to check in online. They need buffer time before the flight is due to take off in case there are delays with the IT infrastructure and sending out email etc. How long before the flight did you purchase the tickets?

From what I understand you can purchase tickets online upto 6 hours before the flight is due to depart and check in online upto 4 hours before the flight departs. These time periods seem reasonable to me.

I hope this doesn't sound rude but anyone could say to Ryanair that someone has just died in order to avoid the charges. I do know that people can cancel tickets without charge if a member of their immediate family dies up to 14 days before a flight but they do want proof via a death certificate.

It was an unfortunate situation that you had to purchase tickets in such a rush so close to the flight taking off.

I think the main point is this:
    They got their pound of flesh with the price of the flights , the check in fee was just rubbing salt in the wounds

Remember, Ryanair already charged Saab Ed over €1000 one way, for 2 adults and 2 children to fly to Bratislava. They've well had their money's worth out of this family. An extra €160 just to print off the boarding passes is, frankly, two fingers to valuable customers who have already paid well over the odds for what would otherwise be empty seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

zuroph wrote: »
    they've cancelled girona to shannon for winter :( that was my cheap ski holiday every year, and now totally cuts us off from my parents place for the winter, so cant get over for the rugby in perpignan either..

I know how you feel Zuroph !...:mad: they cancelled the Billund route as well...the only way I get to see my OH who lives over there !....:(. cant understand why they did that as those flights are always packed out !...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well I never thought Id be posting in here but I am. My father in law died suddenly a week and a half ago. Thing is he's Austrian so we had to get back there fast.
    Sorry to hear it.. but.... I do not see the problem.
    My own father in law died last year and I had to get my wife on a flight to the US that morning. Most large carriers have a compassionate or bereavement rate, that is a rate that will get you there as quickly as possible and as comfortably as possible but it is certainly not cheaper, on the contrary it is more expensive as it is business or first class (at a discount).

In fact the person my wife talked to at Delta (I think) checked that rate and then checked a normal rate and said she would be better off with the normal rate (economy) so she took that.

I myself flew out the following week for the funeral so was able to get a normal online rate which was still not cheap since it was late July.

I think you should view Ryanair differently, dont think of them adding on charges for everything but rather imagine there is a full price and there are certain things you can do to get discounts from the full fare such as book and check in online, restrict yourself to hand luggage etc and if you can not do these things then you pay a full fare.

In your circumstances it might seem in poor taste but unfortunately it is just how things are.

Advertisement