Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Saruman wrote: »

I think you should view Ryanair differently, dont think of them adding on charges for everything but rather imagine there is a full price and there are certain things you can do to get discounts from the full fare such as book and check in online, restrict yourself to hand luggage etc and if you can not do these things then you pay a full fare.

€285 each one way to Bratislava !!!!!!!

I feel you are defending the un-defendable here. Anyway Im not gonna argue. If you feel all is ok about that then fair enough. Not for me anymore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ryanair cannot be compared with Delta. I could go on, but I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Saab Ed wrote: »
    €285 each one way to Bratislava !!!!!!!

I feel you are defending the un-defendable here. Anyway Im not gonna argue. If you feel all is ok about that then fair enough. Not for me anymore ;)
    I just looked there and Aerlingus are 293 one way to Vienna for next sunday and that is a few days away yet. That is not even including some of their other charges.

axer wrote: »
    I just looked there and Aerlingus are 293 one way to Vienna for next sunday and that is a few days away yet. That is not even including some of their other charges.

Yeah but try it on a Thursday morning as I did and its 160+

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/flightInputLookupDispatchAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0819206859.1253633747@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadeigjfhhklcefecfigdffgdfkl.0

A weeks return is 373

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/flightInputLookupDispatchAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0819206859.1253633747@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadeigjfhhklcefecfigdffgdfkl.0

The next flight with Aer Lingus from Dublin to Vienna is tomorrow morning at 07:20. According to their website, the cost is €173.71 including taxes and charges.

• Advertisement

benifa wrote: »
    The next flight with Aer Lingus from Dublin to Vienna is tomorrow morning at 07:20. According to their website, the cost is €173.71 including taxes and charges.
    I wonder will be there a change in that price booking it 3-5 hours before the flight at the airport.

I wonder will be there a change in that price booking it 3-5 hours before the flight at the airport.

I wonder that too. I suspect that, by that time, tickets for that flight will only be available for purchase either over the phone or at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Rosielee wrote: »
    I know how you feel Zuroph !...:mad: they cancelled the Billund route as well...the only way I get to see my OH who lives over there !....:(. cant understand why they did that as those flights are always packed out !...
    I've heard from the other end that the Perpignan thing may be ryanair playing hardball trying to get rates reduced, they've cut flights from london into perpignan too. Theres a lot of uproar in france about it, its basically attacking the tourism industry over there with a regular rugby game planned, and the ski etc. They cut carcassone, girona and perpignan, effectively closing the area, and its thought that it may be to get the political figures involved. Hopefully something can be sorted, my folks are planning on heading over for xmas and i want to go visit them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

We explained the sudden death in the family, we explained that we had no chance to check in on-line because they couldnt issue the tickets but to no avail. So another €160.

Ryanair should have explained to you over the phone that there would be a 40 euro per person charge HOWEVER - I don't see why they should be expected to waive this charge just because someone says they are recently bereaved.

Note - I am not saying you are lying, merely that ANYONE could turn on the waterworks and claim this without, obviously, having any evidence to prove it. If Ryanair or any other airline allowed that it would set a precedent and leave the whole system open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I see in my local village people booking a flight & have not got a clue. Mistaking times, only checking in once & other mistakes online. This leads to huge cost on their behalf for a new flight or name change ect. People always seem to blame it on Ryanair, when it's not their fault!

Ryanair do exactly what it says on the tin, nothing more & one well and truly gets what they pay for. I must say to date all I have had was happy, pleasant experiences with Ryanair. TG

Anyone here ever gone on a Ryanair flight and not had a problem?

• Advertisement

padocon wrote: »
    Over a period of about 2.5 years I flew back and forward to Berlin (about 50 flights). 85% of those flights were with Ryanair (the other 15% with Aerlingus).

I usually sat at the front of the plane (the danger seats :pac:) and I must say the staff have to put up with some amount of sh'it from customers. From idiots to just plain rude people.

Many people think the Ryanair staff are there to threat them like cattle/animals so many tend to approach or respond to polite requests from the staff in a hostile manner and then b'itch and moan when the staff member insists on customer following the rules. Its unbelievable the amount of a$$holes that fly Ryanair and then love to give out about them afterwards.

One flight was delayed for about 40 minutes and one or two by 5 minutes. I had 2 flights delayed for about an hour with Aerlingus. Other than those I have never had a problem with Ryanair. I just flew back from Germany last Sunday on a very pleasant flight with very friendly flight attendants.

I do find staff in Berlin Schonefeld to be overly thorough (e.g. very strictly checking the size and weight of carry on luggage) but these are not Ryanair staff - they are Servisair/GlobeGround staff (the ones that make money from excess baggage).

Just in response to the 3 posts above. I have never had a problem with Ryanair before...ever. My original post is not the typical " Ryanair are sh!it " rant , far from it. BUT it wasnt a problem for Aer Lingus when we turned the waterworks on on them. I think when you are removed from the situation I found myself in two weeks ago its hard to see it from the same perspective. And yes Ryanair should have told us we'd have to pay the check in fee at the airport considering we had explained the situation over the phone before hand. It was an highly charged day that might just have been made a little easier with a little tact.

BUT it wasnt a problem for Aer Lingus when we turned the waterworks on on them.
    probably another reason why they are near bankruptcy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

padocon wrote: »

Myself and OH regularly fly back and forward from Dublin to Billund..roughly every 2 weeks and have been doing so for the past year..Have to say that neither of us have had any problems with the flights.They are always in about 20 mins early and I have never been on one of their flights which was delayed.. and as one of the earlier posters has said - they do exactly what it says on the tin... you get what you pay for and in my opinion I dont have anything to say negatively about their flights. I'm more than happy to do online check in, weigh my bag etc...for the benefit of being able to visit my OH for less than €100 every two weeks.

Up until last week when they decided to cancel the Billund route :( I would have been their number one fan !..given that they are the only airline that flew direct from Dublin to Billund.....now, obviously they have gone wayyy down in my estimation !...;)

probably another reason why they are near bankruptcy...

Different argument for another day. This is about compassion and nothing else. Do you work for Ryanair or something, Is there a picture of Michael O Leary hanging over your bed !!!!! What is this love the brand / hate the brand attitude people take with Ryanair. Im talking about an individual case here where someone had just lost there father and through poor comunication and zero tact a bad day was made worse over a petty fee that wasnt explained to us in the first instance. All I can say is I really do hope you are never faced with a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Im talking about an individual case here where someone had just lost there father and through poor comunication and zero tact a bad day was made worse over a petty fee that wasnt explained to us in the first instance. All I can say is I really do hope you are never faced with a similar situation.

And i'm saying "How do Ryanair know you're telling the truth".
    Again, you should have been informed there would be a €40 pp fee as you booked the same day as the flight, and you should make an official complaint. Perhaps also write to the Guardian or Times money/travel pages and you might get a refund of the check-in fees.

eth0_ wrote: »
    Again, you should have been informed there would be a €40 pp fee as you booked the same day as the flight, and you should make an official complaint.

So we agree then! As regards the official complaint I really do think the gravity of the situation is lost on you in a similar vein to the staff at the airport. Some situations are different. We'd have paid any amount of money ( and thats the key point here , its not the money) to get back there , it was just the way it was handled. The last thing you need when you show up at the airport to fly home to bury your father is to be told this at the desk and to have to go and que elsewhere again. In this instance it was us getting on a plane but just imagine yourself in a similar situation. You're argument is correct but as per their rules but as I said before I only hope you dont have to go through a similar situation yourself because its not nice. Please try to get your head around what Im arguing here. Its not about money or rules , its about people compassion and tact ,none which was shown to us on that day.

Different argument for another day. This is about compassion and nothing else.
    It is about business. Ryanair were not created with compassion as their profit but they still do offer compassion when immediate family members die within 14 days of a booked flight - they offer a full refund. They do however request proof that you are telling the truth i.e. a death certificate.
    Do you work for Ryanair or something, Is there a picture of Michael O Leary hanging over your bed !!!!! What is this love the brand / hate the brand attitude people take with Ryanair.
    I'm sorry, you are completely correct with your argument

Im talking about an individual case here where someone had just lost there father and through poor comunication and zero tact a bad day was made worse over a petty fee that wasnt explained to us in the first instance. All I can say is I really do hope you are never faced with a similar situation.
    As said above - how do they know you are telling the truth?

I can understand it was expensive but you must have booked your flight under 6 hours before the flight was due to depart - of course it will be expensive then. Ryanair are pretty much a fully online company as it is the cheapest way to operate. Their policy is on the website about this i.e. you can book a flight online upto 6 hours before a flight is departing but you must check in online at least 4 hours before the flight is due to depart. If you cannot check in online then you must pay the fee at the airport.

It sucks that that is way they operate but it is never going to be cheap or stressless to make an emergency booking with a no-frills airline especially when you are already in an emotional state.

It is about business. Ryanair were not created with compassion as their profit but they still do offer compassion when immediate family members die within 14 days of a booked flight - they offer a full refund. They do however request proof that you are telling the truth i.e. a death certificate.

As said above - how do they know you are telling the truth?

I think Im done here ( Need I say anymore after that above). Thats the attitude that shone through. Winner;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Saab, sorry for your families loss, hope your wife is coping.

My 10p worth.

Ryanair did no wrong other than not disclosing the fee. Any airline would have charged about the same if they flew there.

You may have grounds for complaint as the price quoted was not the price paid, something the EU has a real issue about, will have a look for you later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Saab, if you do go down the complaint route, "compassion" is something Ryanair wont give two ****s about, the undisclosed fee might be the best route of complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 stefan123

im flying tomoro and went to print my passes last night but wen i checked my email it said there mite be double booking and to fone the ( which costs a bomb)... i didnt think there was a double booking my self as i only recieved only itinery num but called them they said ya theres a dub bookin so they cancelled it and said they wud send me other itinery today but still no itinery and when i went to call them there was no answer on any numbers and the flights tomorow and i have no itinery or anything and i dont know what to do .... ny suggestions

stefan123 wrote: »
    im flying tomoro and went to print my passes last night but wen i checked my email it said there mite be double booking and to fone the ( which costs a bomb)... i didnt think there was a double booking my self as i only recieved only itinery num but called them they said ya theres a dub bookin so they cancelled it and said they wud send me other itinery today but still no itinery and when i went to call them there was no answer on any numbers and the flights tomorow and i have no itinery or anything and i dont know what to do .... ny suggestions
    Have you tried retrieving your booking number using your email address and the flight details?

ya and it just said details not found

ive also being trying to phone them all day but theres no hope now there not open and i wanted to see if there was a 24 hour num but there isnt i even foned shannon airport

has any one a 24 hour number for ryanair or someway of contacting them

1550 92 70 30 - €0.95 per minute. Not 24 hour, lines open at 09:00 tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Over a period of about 2.5 years I flew back and forward to Berlin (about 50 flights). 85% of those flights were with Ryanair (the other 15% with Aerlingus).

I usually sat at the front of the plane (the danger seats :pac:) and I must say the staff have to put up with some amount of sh'it from customers. From idiots to just plain rude people.

Many people think the Ryanair staff are there to threat them like cattle/animals so many tend to approach or respond to polite requests from the staff in a hostile manner and then b'itch and moan when the staff member insists on customer following the rules. Its unbelievable the amount of a$$holes that fly Ryanair and then love to give out about them afterwards.

One flight was delayed for about 40 minutes and one or two by 5 minutes. I had 2 flights delayed for about an hour with Aerlingus. Other than those I have never had a problem with Ryanair. I just flew back from Germany last Sunday on a very pleasant flight with very friendly flight attendants.

I do find staff in Berlin Schonefeld to be overly thorough (e.g. very strictly checking the size and weight of carry on luggage) but these are not Ryanair staff - they are Servisair/GlobeGround staff (the ones that make money from excess baggage).

I see what you mean people see them as "low class" and look down on the Ryanair brand. They would not treat Delta or Air Lingus that way!

Thanks to all the people who don't have a problem with Ryanair! I was sick of complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

benifa wrote: »
    1550 92 70 30 - €0.95 per minute. Not 24 hour, lines open at 09:00 tomorrow morning.

Or you can try also +353 1 2480856 - English speaking is the number I use everytime I need to call them.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Or you can try also +353 1 2480856 - English speaking is the number I use everytime I need to call them.

Indeed, but lines don't open on 01 2480856 until Monday morning at 09:00. 1550 927030 is open now.

Advertisement