Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

nava wrote: »
    Or you can try also +353 1 2480856 - English speaking is the number I use everytime I need to call them.

Thanks for that! Handy to have! Off topic but here are other numbers that can substitute those nasty numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Was hoping to book a flight with ryanair based on their latest special offer from Dublin where they have advertised flight's to Tampere for 48.36 Euro's. The link is below.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/IE/cheapflights.php?dest=TMP&base=DUB

Fomr the offer below it says book until midnight on 8/10/09 and the fare is a "fixed" price of 48.36 (not including taxes)
    Booking Period: Tue 06th Oct 09 - Thu 08th Oct 09
    Travel Period: Tue 20th Oct 09 - Fri 30th Oct 09

However when I go to book a flight for Monday 26th of October I find the price is as follows.

Fare: 159.99 EUR
    Online Check-In: 5.00 EUR
    Taxes / Fees: 33.37 EUR
    Total Price: 198.36 EUR

I have tried looking into the t&c's but cant find anything and was just wondering can they still advertise this price but when I book I get another price, Knowing ryanair I'm thinking thay have some way out but the only thing I can see is "All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer" however the fare for Wednesday 21's is also 119 euro and I know that Is definately not in any of the above categories.

Does anyone have any advice or expereience on this before I try and get in contact with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There are always limited numbers of seats available on those prices. If they've used up those seats (could be as little as 1) then the regular price applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Well, the 26th is the Irish bank holiday, so that's out. I suspect that the 19th might be many schools' midterm break?

Try sometime around December 1st - no holidays/school breaks then that I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

This particular route ends for good on the 31st of October so that's probably the reason its so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair Megathread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

jor el wrote: »
    There are always limited numbers of seats available on those prices. If they've used up those seats (could be as little as 1) then the regular price applies.

I figured that might be the case but wanted to at least have a knowledge on how they operate these promotions before I possibly call and ask about it.

I don't see how they can still advertise this price for the range of dates if they are no longer offering them however.
    Stevek101 wrote: »
    This particular route ends for good on the 31st of October so that's probably the reason its so high.

Yea I know, Unforunately I'm doing my post grad in Tampere and that was always a nice flight to have on my doorstep :(

Was hoping to gat a quick trip home before It ended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't see how they can still advertise this price for the range of dates if they are no longer offering them however.

Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus are investigated by the ASAI on practically a monthly basis, where normally the airline looses. Then the next month, they continue doing exactly what they did the last time around. Why? Because thay can. There are no penalties for lying in an advert, and no statutory body to stop them, so they keep on doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Applicable Days: Mon - Sun (subject to availability)

That covers them. It isn't a lie so. Basically the flight is nearly full because people as using the last bit of availability on the route. Its bound to be excluded.

Your best option is to head through London Stansted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

axer wrote: »
    Over a period of about 2.5 years I flew back and forward to Berlin (about 50 flights). 85% of those flights were with Ryanair (the other 15% with Aerlingus).

I usually sat at the front of the plane (the danger seats ) and I must say the staff have to put up with some amount of sh'it from customers. From idiots to just plain rude people.

Many people think the Ryanair staff are there to threat them like cattle/animals so many tend to approach or respond to polite requests from the staff in a hostile manner and then b'itch and moan when the staff member insists on customer following the rules. Its unbelievable the amount of a$$holes that fly Ryanair and then love to give out about them afterwards.

One flight was delayed for about 40 minutes and one or two by 5 minutes. I had 2 flights delayed for about an hour with Aerlingus. Other than those I have never had a problem with Ryanair. I just flew back from Germany last Sunday on a very pleasant flight with very friendly flight attendants.

I do find staff in Berlin Schonefeld to be overly thorough (e.g. very strictly checking the size and weight of carry on luggage) but these are not Ryanair staff - they are Servisair/GlobeGround staff (the ones that make money from excess baggage).

+1

I have flown with multiple 'premium' airlines,

Alitalia
    KLM
    Aer Lingus
    Lufthansa - Although they are good
    British Airways
    Air Malta

Just to name a few and TBH Ryanair were the best on short haul because

A. They only do Short Haul
    B. Their seats don't recline so the fat f*ck in front of you can't plonk his/her seat down on top of you
    C. Their on time FAR more often than the other Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Just on the being on time thing..

ryanair flights arrive ahead of time more than any other airline, because they've rounded up the estimated travel times on all routes by 20-30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

zuroph wrote: »

ryanair flights arrive ahead of time more than any other airline, because they've rounded up the estimated travel times on all routes by 20-30 minutes.
    The devious bastards, imagine putting a fudge factor into your schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

zuroph wrote: »

I'm talking about leaving on time, not arriving on time, the second bit sort of comes naturally that way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

or the first part comes naturally that way, since they've got a much longer turnaround time than they say they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Hi All

Everyone has a story about Ryanair mostly bad.

But me question is Why do Ryanair not have assigned seating?

Now before you all jump in with “to make money” I don’t see how.
    On any given Ryanair flight only a very small number of people pay the extra money to be one of the first on board.

Most other airlines give you a seat number that has the effect of people relaxing and politely taking their seat unlike the scrum at the gate on Ryanair.

Its little things like this that would make Ryanair a better company to fly with. Putting a seat number on the ticket can be that hard or cost that much to allow people a bit of comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I suppose it gives people more of an incentive to rush on to the plane. Ryanair have a 30 minute turnaround time IIRC so I'd imagine this would help to speed up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Helps when you overbook flights to not give assigned seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

When you ask your self the question "How can we scale back a normal service so we can offer a premium service for more money" then all of Ryanairs decisions become clear. So now instead of taking your assigned seat you pay money to take a seat. I dont fly with them. The other air lines are marginally more expensive but life is too short to pay to be treated badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

So far Attol is winning, get them on quick.

But Air Lingus who I use alot on the London to Dublin route get people on just a quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Cost savings i'd imagine..

Their system... no training, no support.. hand people a boarding card, job done.

Assigned Seat System - Computer system is needed to control this. That system needs to be maintained and developed. Staff need to be trained to use it (and all new staff need to receive training). Support staff need to be in place to develop and support any issues.. Hardware needs to be in place to run the system etc... all adds costs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's to do with the turnaround time. Have everyone queuing for ages = everyone on plane on time.

Assign seats = people shopping in the concourse thinking "ah sure it's grand, we have our seats anyway so we can just hop on the plane at the last minute".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's to do with the turnaround time. Have everyone queuing for ages = everyone on plane on time.

Assign seats = people shopping in the concourse thinking "ah sure it's grand, we have our seats anyway so we can just hop on the plane at the last minute".

I'd say you're right, even if it doesn't make sense. You just close the doors and charge the dawdlers anyway. They missed the flight, their fault, shouldn't have spent so long buying cheap vodka in the Duty Free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

sdonn wrote: »
    I'd say you're right, even if it doesn't make sense. You just close the doors and charge the dawdlers anyway. They missed the flight, their fault, shouldn't have spent so long buying cheap vodka in the Duty Free.

Not as simple as that - for one thing, their luggage may have already be loaded on the plane, and will have to be taken off if the passengers don't turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Welease wrote: »
    Cost savings i'd imagine..

Their system... no training, no support.. hand people a boarding card, job done.

Assigned Seat System - Computer system is needed to control this. That system needs to be maintained and developed. Staff need to be trained to use it (and all new staff need to receive training). Support staff need to be in place to develop and support any issues.. Hardware needs to be in place to run the system etc... all adds costs..

That is exactly why.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Then they also have to deal with people asking for window seats, asking to be seated beside their kids etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You're paying for essentially a bus service with wings, be thankful they get you there at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

It's possible they'll bring it in in the future and charge a nice fee for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

krudler wrote: »
    You're paying for essentially a bus service with wings
    Toilets and a bar on the bus would be nice.

Advertisement