Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If you selected no to them texting you a confirmation, they have no permission to text at all, so they won't. I've never recieved a text from ryanair, having flown with them a LOT.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

zuroph wrote: »
    If you selected no to them texting you a confirmation, they have no permission to text at all, so they won't. I've never recieved a text from ryanair, having flown with them a LOT.
    Ditto on this. Never got any phone contact from them.

Sure Ryanair would be delighted if you forgot to fly, so why remind you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Hi! I'm a bit worried at the moment - I've just checked in my husband and my son online for their Ryanair flight next weekend and it was only afterwards I realised my son's name is spelt with a fada on the ticket, but the fada was omitted on his passport! It's an error by the passport people, because I definitely applied for his passport with the fada on it!
    Does anybody know if this will be a problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

No it wont be a problem without the fada.
    I work as cabin crew for Ryanair and when we check the name we just make sure that it matches in some way to the name in the passport (e.g. If it says Rob on boarding pass and Robert in the passport... thats fine)
    Your problem of the fada is one I see everyday, espically in countries where non-standard characters form part of many peoples names. Spain and Germany are two that come to mind. I have never refused boarding for it and there is no way any Ryanair staff would as it would simply not be worth the trouble when it is obvious why the fada isnt present.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, Dave! And can you just tell me - will the online boarding be rejected if a spelling error is noted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

kelle wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your quick reply, Dave! And can you just tell me - will the online boarding be rejected if a spelling error is noted?

Just this week I noticed at the airport that I had inadvertently clicked "Iceland" instead of "Ireland" when doing the online checkin. Nothing happened, They only look at name and maybe the photo.

BTW, thoroughout this ENORMOUS thread do I get the sense that people are frightened of Ryanair and also a bit paranoid??

Bye, Barry

BarryM wrote: »
    BTW, thoroughout this ENORMOUS thread do I get the sense that people are frightened of Ryanair and also a bit paranoid??

Bye, Barry

I think I've made quite a few contributions to this thread too, Barry! I suppose you could say that we're all frightened the slightest little mistake could invalidate a flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Stevek101 wrote: »
    This particular route ends for good on the 31st of October so that's probably the reason its so high.

It's just closing for winter from 02-Nov-2009 to 27-Mar-2010. Really annoyed though as I had our Christmas flights booked with me due to come back for New Years to celebrate with my family but the airline that we had to get new flights with don't return from Tampere or Turku until after New Years.

The only reason the have cancelled this flight is because of this bloody argument with the government about the €10 leaving the country tax and the DAA and their charges.
    I've checked. They are still flying from Tampere to Stansted, Milan and the other 3 destinations over winter. Dublin is the only destination that has been cancelled. This bloody arguement over charges and rates is annoying the hell out of me as we used this flight 3-4 times a year and every time we take it the plane is full but now we had to go with SAS and pay a couple of hundred euros more and I don't get to see my family over the holidays. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Ryanair is considering raising to €100 the fee for printing of boarding cards, it was reported this morning..

All passengers are required to check in for Ryanair flights online and print their boarding passes prior to arriving at the airport.

The no-frills airline currently charges passengers who forget to do so and require a reprint at the airport €40.

Ryanair - which reported pre-tax profits of €419m for the six months to September - said it was considering raising this to €100..

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eymhmheygbkf/rss2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Petej1962

Hi, I have booked a flight for a mate for next week, I booked in under his name John Kelly, but now I find that the name on his Passport is Patrick John Kelly, I have printed of his ticket, will this be ok when he gets to the gate when boarding ?? Has me up the wall....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Petej1962 wrote: »
    Hi, I have booked a flight for a mate for next week, I booked in under his name John Kelly, but now I find that the name on his Passport is Patrick John Kelly, I have printed of his ticket, will this be ok when he gets to the gate when boarding ?? Has me up the wall....

Hmm... name has to be as on password. Call Ryanair immediately. Don't think they charge if you do it online or by phone once the flight is a bit away.

Petej1962 wrote: »

Maybe he has it stated on his passport that he is also known as John Kelly? It is always advisable to do this if you are known by a different name to what is on your birthcert.

I'm married, but I always go by my maiden name and I have stated this on my passport.

Just ask him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

There was another thread on this specific prob. My experience, fwiw, is that I hit 'Iceland' instead of Ireland on the boarding pass, didn't notice it but neither did anyone else....Name is John K, that's on the passport, init?

No it wont be a problem without the fada.
    I work as cabin crew for Ryanair and when we check the name we just make sure that it matches in some way to the name in the passport (e.g. If it says Rob on boarding pass and Robert in the passport... thats fine)
    Your problem of the fada is one I see everyday, espically in countries where non-standard characters form part of many peoples names. Spain and Germany are two that come to mind. I have never refused boarding for it and there is no way any Ryanair staff would as it would simply not be worth the trouble when it is obvious why the fada isnt present.

Hi Irish, I have booked a flight for a mate for next week, I booked in under his name John Kelly, but now I find that the name on his Passport is Patrick John Kelly, I have printed of his ticket, will this be ok when he gets to the gate when boarding ?? Has me up the wall.... Pete

There was another thread on this specific prob. My experience, fwiw, is that I hit 'Iceland' instead of Ireland on the boarding pass, didn't notice it but neither did anyone else....Name is John K, that's on the passport, init?

Good point Barry, rang Ryanair, as long as John is in the name, thats fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Just this week I noticed at the airport that I had inadvertently clicked "Iceland" instead of "Ireland" when doing the online checkin. Nothing happened, They only look at name and maybe the photo.

Bye, Barry

Not so I once put the wrong passport numberin, it was slightly wrong, I was not allowed board the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

does anyone know where I can buy a long slim bag that fits perfectly into Ryaniars travel bag cage at the airport,?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Any of the standard lightweight small wheelie suitcases should fit into that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

bottomdog wrote: »
    does anyone know where I can buy a long slim bag that fits perfectly into Ryaniars travel bag cage at the airport,?

The medium flylite fold away bag (no wheels though)

http://www.flylite.uk.com/Lightweight-Luggage-Solutions.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

bottomdog wrote: »
    Not so I once put the wrong passport numberin, it was slightly wrong, I was not allowed board the flight.
    you put a passport number in wrong, thats a pretty big deal. they can't let you fly on the wrong passport details.

• Advertisement

God, I'm a regular on this thread! I was hoping to book flights to Bergamo next January which work out at €200 for 5 of us - and pay for it with Ryanair vouchers to escape the €50 charge. But when I was applying for the voucher, the second line of the application says only one passenger name can apply for this. Does that mean I can only pay for my flight with the vouchers, and not the rest of my family's IYKWIM???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

kelle wrote: »
    God, I'm a regular on this thread! I was hoping to book flights to Bergamo next January which work out at €200 for 5 of us - and pay for it with Ryanair vouchers to escape the €50 charge. But when I was applying for the voucher, the second line of the application says only one passenger name can apply for this. Does that mean I can only pay for my flight with the vouchers, and not the rest of my family's IYKWIM???

From my experience, the first passenger in the booking must exactly match the name on the voucher. I think though that additional passengers can be included, and the voucher goes towards their booking (I could be wrong on this).

I thought Ryanair had added a service fee when buying the vouchers so it works out the same anyway? Specifically to stop people dodging the fees by buying vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Random question here.

My grandparents are flying over to England from Dublin and wondering if they can take an electric hairdryer/curler type thing. I assume this is ok in hand luggage? Also, are tablets/medication ok?

Cheers

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Random question here.

My grandparents are flying over to England from Dublin and wondering if they can take an electric hairdryer/curler type thing. I assume this is ok in hand luggage? Also, are tablets/medication ok?

Cheers

Gf has travelled with her GHD in hand luggage before, so should be OK on the electric thing.

Tablets/medication are exempt from the carry on liquid limits (in reasonable amounts), but you should still present them separately at security. Be no harm to bring a prescription or doctor's letter if possible just in case there's any problems.

(I've gone through Dublin airport before with a large bottle of contact lens solution with no problems after declaring it as medical, even though the Dublin airport website says it's not medical and should be under 100ml. Though the actual EU regulations seem to consider it medical)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

Ryanair **
    http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/FR.htm

Are Lingus ***
    http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EI.htm

Just confirmed to me what a travesty of good value Ryanair are. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Ryanair **
    http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/FR.htm

Are Lingus ***
    http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EI.htm

Just confirmed to me what a travesty of good value Ryanair are. You get what you pay for.
    Took a look at those pages there but I cannot figure out why both airlines seem to be scored on different items and not on the same.

e.g.
    Aerlingus: Age of Aircraft in Fleet 3*
    Ryanair: no mention - surely Ryanair would get a 4 or 5 star here as their fleet are very new.

I don't see anything about comparing costs either or value for money. If they are going to compare airlines then why not compare them on the same criteria?

It looks to me that the website is trying to get airlines to pay them money to be graded the way they want to be.

axer wrote: »
    Took a look at those pages there but I cannot figure out why both airlines seem to be scored on different items and not on the same.

e.g.
    Aerlingus: Age of Aircraft in Fleet 3*
    Ryanair: no mention - surely Ryanair would get a 4 or 5 star here as their fleet are very new.

I don't see anything about comparing costs either or value for money. If they are going to compare airlines then why not compare them on the same criteria?

It looks to me that the website is trying to get airlines to pay them money to be graded the way they want to be.

+1

LOL at "official ranking" - official according to who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/easy.htm
    Easyjet scored 3Stars also. Says it all really about Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It says absolutely nothing. It's a rating given by a self appointed group no one can vouch for.

For all we know they have/don't have agenda against certain airlines.

Next consumer issue please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It says absolutely nothing. It's a rating given by a self appointed group no one can vouch for.

For all we know they have/don't have agenda against certain airlines.

Next consumer issue please.

Skytrax is a United Kingdom-based consultancy, the public face of Inflight Research Services. It conducts research for commercial airlines. It carries out international-traveller surveys to find the best cabin staff, airport, airline, airline lounge, in-flight entertainment, on-board catering, and several other elements of air travel.

Apart from these surveys, Skytrax has an airline forum where passengers give other potential passengers the feel of an airline before choosing to fly with them. They also have flight reviews, flight checks, and satisfaction surveys.

They are best known for their annual World Airline Awards and World Airport Awards.

Inflight Research Services' research has been used by the UK government in formulating air-transport policy, for example in the UK House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology's Fifth Report.

Advertisement