Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

eth0_ wrote: »
    ...they are falsely advertising that their card works with Ryanair.
    Where do they claim that the Net+ virtual card is guaranteed to work with Ryanair? (or any other merchant?)

I'll admit that it doesn't help that they call both the virtual and the real plastic card a 'prepaid Mastercard' — I made the same (mistaken) assumption as yourself. But I don't think they can be accused of false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 finnharps09

If you want to save money on the ryanair flights get a payzone worldwide money prepay mastercard...sure they just announced there that you can avoid the booking fees if paying with one of those cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Got my Neteller Net+ prepaid mastercard in the post last week (only took 4-5 days to arrive).

Booked a Ryanair flight last night. No card charges. :)

nbaki82 wrote: »
    Now I hope Easyjet also scraps their Electron card and chooses prepaid Mastercard so that I can use my Neteller with them as well without fee.

Probably. Isn't Electron due to be phased out in 2010 in the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone ever have a problem booking with Entropay, in that the payment is shown as pending?

Booked about 10 minutes ago, got to a screen saying the booking had not been confirmed yet and to wait for an e-mail. On closer examination the payment is shown as pending??
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Anyone ever have a problem booking with Entropay, in that the payment is shown as pending?

Booked about 10 minutes ago, got to a screen saying the booking had not been confirmed yet and to wait for an e-mail. On closer examination the payment is shown as pending??
    :(

Have never had that problem with Entropay - has this happened to you before?

Did you get a confirmation in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Got my Neteller Net+ prepaid mastercard in the post last week (only took 4-5 days to arrive).

Applied for one today so holpefully get it soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Does this card work the same as Entropay - do you need to have the currency in Sterling, and what are the costs involved in loading and spending on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

kelle wrote: »
    Does this card work the same as Entropay - do you need to have the currency in Sterling, and what are the costs involved in loading and spending on the card?

This shows the fees:
    https://help.neteller.com/cgi-bin/neteller.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1306&p_created=1222877154&p_sid=9fOgsFwj&p_acces

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

padocon wrote: »

Hi padocon and all.

Just for the info of the board, the fees table posted showed the Virtual Net+ Card fees.

Here is the link for the Net+ Chip+Pin(Physical) Prepaid Mastercard fees

No real difference, but according to Neteller Blog there is a problem with using the Virtual Card on RyanAir:
    Unfortunately, the Net+ virtual prepaid card is currently not recognized by Ryanair as a prepaid card, as it is incorrectly designated by our card issuer. We are working to get this problem resolved as soon as possible.

Rest assured, the Net+ Chip & PIN prepaid card is properly designated and will work when booking with Ryanair.

However, I applied myself for the Physical Net+ Card, and got it in the post in a few days, so I have both now.

The process is easy if you already have the Virtual Card, you just apply for the upgrade through your account.

• Advertisement

kelle wrote: »

No, my Net+ card is a Euro currency card. Costs are shown on the Net+ website. It's very inexpensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Does anyone know what the hell is happening with ryanairs online booking system at the moment I'm having a very hard time with it here's my problem!

When I go to confirm my credit card details ( 3v) it says we can not reserve these flights for you at the moment you might of entered the credit card number in wrong ( I didnt I checked it). so it says try again,
    when i try again it won't let me enter in the details in the input boxes there locked!!!

So when I start off again the flights went up €20, this has happened twice, last night and this mornin...its really annoying as I am paying with a 3V voucher for €180 and then they raise it to €197!!

is this happening to anyone??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Does anyone know what the hell is happening with ryanairs online booking system at the moment I'm having a very hard time with it here's my problem!

When I go to confirm my credit card details ( 3v) it says we can not reserve these flights for you at the moment you might of entered the credit card number in wrong ( I didnt I checked it). so it says try again,
    when i try again it won't let me enter in the details in the input boxes there locked!!!

So when I start off again the flights went up €20, this has happened twice, last night and this mornin...its really annoying as I am paying with a 3V voucher for €180 and then they raise it to €197!!

is this happening to anyone??mad.gif

moikey wrote: »

is this happening to anyone??:mad:

Don't know if this helps, but in your account on 3v.ie you can see all the pending, declined and accepted transactions. Might be handy for you to see the exact amounts they are trying to take.

Send them an email telling them what happened and see if they will give you a reduced price. Even though they probably wont.

And Yes something similar happens to me every time on other sites, the currency rate changes, they add vat at the end ect. I will never use 3v again!

Now you have to put in more money, is the minimum amount 20 euro? Oh and more fees they charge 2.50 euro to transfer the money from the new voucher to the old one.

3v is not what it seems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldman82

No, my Net+ card is a Euro currency card. Costs are shown on the Net+ website. It's very inexpensive.

Is the virtual Neteller Net+ also working with Ryanair?

Goldman82 wrote: »
    Is the virtual Neteller Net+ also working with Ryanair?

It says on their blog today "We are still working with our card issuer on correcting the virtual prepaid MasterCard designation."

But the physical net+ card works perfectly as a pre-paid with Ryanair. It took just a few days to reach me in the post, too.

It says on their blog today "We are still working with our card issuer on correcting the virtual prepaid MasterCard designation."

But the physical net+ card works perfectly as a pre-paid with Ryanair. It took just a few days to reach me in the post, too.

Doing some research about Neteller, it seems the platform is slowly becoming like a new PayPal. Is this a British or American company? Maybe I should try to invest in them on the stock market. Seems like a good choice. Anyway, thanks, eth0. Now I hope my flight with Ryanair doesn't get cancelled due crazy snow.

Goldman82 wrote: »
    Doing some research about Neteller, it seems the platform is slowly becoming like a new PayPal. Is this a British or American company? Maybe I should try to invest in them on the stock market. Seems like a good choice. Anyway, thanks, eth0. Now I hope my flight with Ryanair doesn't get cancelled due crazy snow.

Their HQ is in the Isle of Man, but most of their staff are based in the USA.

I find it is hard to get money into the Neteller and takes too long!
    Find Paypal better. Neteller has an advantage over paypal and that is it is accepted everywhere you can use a credit card unlike paypal.

I find it is hard to get money into the Neteller and takes too long!
    Find Paypal better. Neteller has an advantage over paypal and that is it is accepted everywhere you can use a credit card unlike paypal.

er...this thread is about Ryanair. Ryanair don't take Paypal payments.

As for 'hard to get money into....takes too long' - wtf? I load my Net+ card from my AIB visa card and it's instantaneous. You can transfer money from your credit or debit card, or you can lodge through their bank in Ireland. What more do you want?
    A friend of mine lodged money through Neteller's Irish bank account recently, and it was in her Net+ account within 24 hours. I wouldn't call that slow service.

• Advertisement

er...this thread is about Ryanair. Ryanair don't take Paypal payments.

As for 'hard to get money into....takes too long' - wtf? I load my Net+ card from my AIB visa card and it's instantaneous. You can transfer money from your credit or debit card, or you can lodge through their bank in Ireland. What more do you want?
    A friend of mine lodged money through Neteller's Irish bank account recently, and it was in her Net+ account within 24 hours. I wouldn't call that slow service.

Depends on the method I guess online banking does it fast. Can you get a Neteller that works like paypal? That comes out of a credit card instantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 finnharps09

I had similar issues with 3v and it ended up costing more than the hassle was worth. Ryanair announced a few weeks ago that they were accepting payzone worldwide money as a way of avoiding the €10 booking fee. Got my card and it works a treat....have saved over €30 on flights so far!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Hey sorry if it's the wrong spot but someone might have an answer for me,
    I'm just about to check in for a flight for next week, one of the people flying holds an Irish Passport but they got it from the Irish Embassy in London,

one of the questions they ask on the online check in is where is the Country of Issue, now on the passport there is no "country of issue" field,

There is
    Country IRL
    Nationality Irish
    Authority Embassy of Ireland, London

anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This isn't expert information, but I would have thought that country of issue would be Ireland. UK can't issue Irish passports, the Embassy is in London, but embassies are considered considered to 'be' the country that they represent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

looksee wrote: »
    This isn't expert information, but I would have thought that country of issue would be Ireland. UK can't issue Irish passports, the Embassy is in London, but embassies are considered considered to 'be' the country that they represent.
    This; it may even be listed in the passport.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

much appreciated and I think technically an embassy is considered to be part of the country the represent - thanks again :)

Depends on the method I guess online banking does it fast. Can you get a Neteller that works like paypal? That comes out of a credit card instantly?

You can fund your Neteller account and then use wherever a MasterCard is accepted and I think, in more places than PayPal.

That's one of the things I like about Neteller, that you can use the money anywhere. PayPal is limited to where it is accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

mayordenis wrote: »
    much appreciated and I think technically an embassy is considered to be part of the country the represent - thanks again :)

I travelled for years on an Irish passport issued in Luxembourg, as did my wife and kids, and still do, even though they don't live there any more. The country of issue (of the passport) is ireland.

Bye, Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

I recently had a flight cancelled by Ryanair, I paid for the flights using Entropay.

Ryanair wrote to me stating that they had processed the refund back to the original form of process and would take approx. 5 days to refund..

Will the refund go back onto my Entropay card ok? Just a bit concerned because the name on the card is "Entropay User" I'm hoping it will reach my account anyhow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I recently had a flight cancelled by Ryanair, I paid for the flights using Entropay.

Ryanair wrote to me stating that they had processed the refund back to the original form of process and would take approx. 5 days to refund..

Will the refund go back onto my Entropay card ok? Just a bit concerned because the name on the card is "Entropay User" I'm hoping it will reach my account anyhow..

Yes it wll I had the same problem in teh past and refund went ok to the Entropay credit card.

Advertisement