Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Excellent! Thanks for that! I was afraid the refund would disappear into a big black hole and never see the light of day again!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marymary

hi, looking for opinions on this. I booked flights for my son and his friend on saturday but flight out from dublin cancelled by ryanair. they were to return that night but as they didn,t get out they couldn't come back. the flights out were on a different booking ref than those coming back (wasn't sure if they could stay overnight,- they couldn't). have I any chance of getting a refund for the return flights as it was ryanairs fault they were not there to catch the flight. I've applied for a refund for the outgoing flights on ryanair.com. Also do Ryanair refund the taxes and charges part of fares and the online booking fee etc or just the actual fare.? anyone any experience? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldman82

I know that easyJet's website did not refund a return flight, but when I went to sales desk they changed the both flights. When you get a refund, you will get everything you paid. At least that's how easyJet did, but Ryanair is usually a harder negotiator, so good luck.
    marymary wrote: »
    hi, looking for opinions on this. I booked flights for my son and his friend on saturday but flight out from dublin cancelled by ryanair. they were to return that night but as they didn,t get out they couldn't come back. the flights out were on a different booking ref than those coming back (wasn't sure if they could stay overnight,- they couldn't). have I any chance of getting a refund for the return flights as it was ryanairs fault they were not there to catch the flight. I've applied for a refund for the outgoing flights on ryanair.com. Also do Ryanair refund the taxes and charges part of fares and the online booking fee etc or just the actual fare.? anyone any experience? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

Cabaal wrote: »
    Its also good practice to not close that confirmation page on ANY order until you receive the e-mail...which is normally about a min or so.

Or if you dont have access to a printer, take a print of the screen (CTRL+ALT+PRINT SCREEN)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

hi, just wondering what the current situation on the entropay master card is? was considering investing in a visa electron recently in order to avoid ryanair charges, but was informed that this loophole was being closed. i heard that it was still possible with the entropay prepaid mastercard as of january 2010 but ive heard little about it since. are there any major changes/ catches with this new card? for example:
    1) can you now avoid ryanair credit card charges?
    2) are there any annual/joining fees?
    3) are there any fees for putting money on the card?
    4) are there any usage fees for payments using the card?

thanks for any help you can give me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You might have better luck in the banking forum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Theres a discussion about it over Here where you can buy them in Dublin. hope it helps. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow and use it to book Ryanair flights so ill let you know how i get on, but from that thread it should be no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why are you talking about refunds? Last time I had a flight cancelled on Ryanair, I had the option of a refund OR simply choosing another flight. Surely this is a better option than a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

the gift card booked perfectly with Ryanair today and no €5 credit card surcharge on each flight, top job! the card cant be topped up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged with Ryanair thread - lots of info there.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

the flights out were on a different booking ref than those coming back (wasn't sure if they could stay overnight,- they couldn't). have I any chance of getting a refund for the return flights as it was ryanairs fault they were not there to catch the flight.

The fact that the the return tickets were booked separately, I doubt that you would get a refund. I would imagine that the return flights would be classed as a "no show", as they had a different booking ref, Ryanair would probably treat them as totally separate, and not being dependent on the outgoing flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

The fact that the the return tickets were booked separately, I doubt that you would get a refund. I would imagine that the return flights would be classed as a "no show", as they had a different booking ref, Ryanair would probably treat them as totally separate, and not being dependent on the outgoing flights

Ryanair do state they are not responsible for missed connections due late departure/cancellation, even if the connecting flight is Ryanair. Hence why you cannot book connecting flights under 1 booking with them (eg. Dublin-London-Malta and return)

Technically if the return flight is under a different booking, it'll be looked at in the same sense as missed connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

bongi69 wrote: »
    Ryanair do state they are not responsible for missed connections due late departure/cancellation, even if the connecting flight is Ryanair. Hence why you cannot book connecting flights under 1 booking with them (eg. Dublin-London-Malta and return)

Technically if the return flight is under a different booking, it'll be looked at in the same sense as missed connections.

Yes I am afraid RA are a point to point airline only.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hello all. I was wondering if someone could tell how ryanair can charge 12,969,29 HUF (48.52) to book a flight from Budapest to Dublin single and when you look at the same flight as part of return flight on the irish section of the website is 26.99 euro. I thought all flights were treated as seperately as the credit card charges apply seperatly on all persons in the flights. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I am part of a group travelling to Edinburgh from Dublin later this month, and I was unable to book flights until now, whereas they booked their flights in December. Originally at the €60 mark, it's now €145 or something ridiculous. I have tried finding alternative ways to get there without paying to much, but without success.

A member of the party is no longer able to go, and I was attempting to buy the ticket from him at the €60 price. I have not bought the ticket yet, but when I entered "Manage my Booking" and look at a name change, I am hit with the potential €100 charge for a name change- the two costs combined would make €160+, which is not very cost friendly whatsoever. On an Irish consumer forum one poster said that they have bought a flight off a friend and did not change the name and was let onto the flight regardless. No questions asked. However, can anyone vouch if this can be one often?

My name is very different to his, as I'm Irish and he's from Germany, so it could potentially stand out. Should I give it a go, or would I really need to pay the €100 fee on top of my ticket price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

can anyone vouch if this can be one often?

I wouldn't even consider trying that, all the flights I ever went they did check the names at the gate so chances will be high you are caught. I wonder ever to try can be against the law.
    Should I give it a go, or would I really need to pay the €100 fee on top of my ticket price?

I'm afraid so, unless you want o wait in case they have lots of places left and they reduce the price but chances of that are very low.

nava wrote: »
    I wouldn't even consider trying that, all the flights I ever went they did check the names at the gate so chances will be high you are caught. I wonder ever to try can be against the law.

I'm afraid so, unless you want o wait in case they have lots of places left and they reduce the price but chances of that are very low.
    Feck.
    It's crazy to be honest the name change fee. Sure, it does help, but it's a pain really.
    There is no way to boycott it? Can staff change it manually in the callcentre? A persuasive call could occur from me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Feck.
    It's crazy to be honest the name change fee. Sure, it does help, but it's a pain really.
    There is no way to boycott it? Can staff change it manually in the callcentre? A persuasive call could occur from me...
    Its not crazy.

You know in the past you could change the name for free and change the dates of your travel but you paid the price to have that option in the original ticket cost. Everyone paid for that privilege even when everyone did not use it.

If everyone could do it for free then a lot of people would thus Ryanair would lose revenue and would have to bump up everyone's ticket costs instead. I rather the way it is now.

Crazy that I have to resort to this option I'n saying, due to the only option being the name change fee I stated. I am fully aware of the additional costs being placed on customers when the additional fees were included, so I can understand to offer lower fees why this was implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

The person who cannot travel should give you the ticket free because if they dont go they will lose the money they paid anyway. I'd rather give it to someone and let them just pay the €100 name change fee than see the ticket go to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

i am have to change flights and want to use my 3v card to pay the 50 return charge as there is 4 of us .it ill be 200.i got a message to say to contact there resvrvation center to pay the ballance.

will thy accept my 3v card does any one know???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Quick Q: I booked return flights to London, but Ryanair have moved the return time several hours earlier than booked. There are later flights that day.

I know I am entitled to a refund, but am I entitled to have the time moved to later that day? Am I entitled to a refund on both flights if the return time doesn't suit me - anyone had any success getting Ryanair to do this?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

eightyfish wrote: »
    Quick Q: I booked return flights to London, but Ryanair have moved the return time several hours earlier than booked. There are later flights that day.

I know I am entitled to a refund, but am I entitled to have the time moved to later that day? Am I entitled to a refund on both flights if the return time doesn't suit me - anyone had any success getting Ryanair to do this?

Thanks.

Yes you should be able to move the time to better suitable for you or as you said get a refund.

I had similar case last year, they original had 4 flights a week and change to 3 so my return flight was moved, I was able to change the return flight couple of times by calling the Helpdesk , also got a refund for 1 of us as they were unable to travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

I presume this has been done to death on this forum but I've searched and can't find any recent, specific posts to answer my question, apologies if I've missed it in my search but here goes:

I'm after finding really cheap flights on Ryanair to Newcastle for a Sunderland game that I'm interested in going to and the only form of Credit Card I have is a 3V Card. I'm sick of paying €30-€40 to travel agents anytime I decided to go to Sunderland games so I'm just wondering if Ryanair accepted 3V? And if so, what is their Booking Fee?

Any replies much appreciated.

they do take 3v i booked tickets and paid forthem through my 3v account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

naughto wrote: »
    they do take 3v i booked tickets and paid forthem through my 3v account

Thanks a lot mate, I'm going to get some cash on my 3V Card tomorrow and book the flights.

Any idea how much Ryanair charge for 'Booking Fee'?

iam not sure ifs it 5 euro per passenger.the way to do it is to do a dummy run on the booking as far as u pament section the select visa and it will chage to the total amount thats they way idid it any way

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marymary

Hi all, just an update. I wrote to ryanair, explaining why flights back were on a different booking ref than flights out and enclosing boarding cards etc and I've just got an email saying they are refunding return flights. I'm well pleased as I thought I had no hope. Like the replies I got from people on this foram, I thought they would treat it as completely seperate and class flights back as a no show. thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks a lot mate, I'm going to get some cash on my 3V Card tomorrow and book the flights.

Any idea how much Ryanair charge for 'Booking Fee'?

It's 5 euro per person per flight, so if you have two people on a return flight it'll be 20 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Just looking for a bit of help.

I booked a flight for my grandparents from Leeds to Dublin together. My grandad had to come to Ireland early so now it will be just my grandma on the flight (its in early March). Will there be any problems with checking in online or any questions asked seeing as it will be only her making the flight? Can only one of 2 check in online?

Thanks

Advertisement