Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of help.

I booked a flight for my grandparents from Leeds to Dublin together. My grandad had to come to Ireland early so now it will be just my grandma on the flight (its in early March). Will there be any problems with checking in online or any questions asked seeing as it will be only her making the flight? Can only one of 2 check in online?

Thanks

There will be no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

There will be no problems.

but what do i do though? can only one of them be checked in online and essentially the other be ignored?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    only one of them be checked in online and essentially the other be ignored

Yes, exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Wondering if anyone can help on this - I booked a return flight to Edinburgh 3 a month ago. I was due to fly out on Friday afternoon just gone (took off at 5.30pm). I was told when booking to check in online on the day of the flight and print out the boarding card.

I checked in online at just before midday and went to print the boarding card, however it only gave me the boarding card for the return flight (for Sunday). There was no option to print the boarding card for the out going flight. I explain this at the desk at the airport and got charged €40 to print it out.

They first of all said I had checked in too early and should pay €40 accordingly.
    They subsequently said I had checked in too late and should pay €40 accordingly.
    They then said I hadn't checked in at all - however when checking the status on my friends laptop and showing it to them, they didn't want to know.

Have I got any grounds to try and recover my €40? All I have a copy of the PDF of the boarding card saved from the site....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Wondering if anyone can help on this - I booked a return flight to Edinburgh 3 a month ago. I was due to fly out on Friday afternoon just gone (took off at 5.30pm). I was told when booking to check in online on the day of the flight and print out the boarding card.

I checked in online at just before midday and went to print the boarding card, however it only gave me the boarding card for the return flight (for Sunday). There was no option to print the boarding card for the out going flight. I explain this at the desk at the airport and got charged €40 to print it out.

They first of all said I had checked in too early and should pay €40 accordingly.
    They subsequently said I had checked in too late and should pay €40 accordingly.
    They then said I hadn't checked in at all - however when checking the status on my friends laptop and showing it to them, they didn't want to know.

Have I got any grounds to try and recover my €40? All I have a copy of the PDF of the boarding card saved from the site....
    What time was the flight scheduled to take off? and what time did you try to check in at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

You can check in up to 15 days in advance, and this is communicated on the site when booking, who told you to check in on the day?
    I'd say you tried to check in too late, and it only allowed you to check in for your return flight. If you supplied an email when booking, it would have sent you reminders to this to check in. you can check in up to 4 hours before flight AFAIK.

zuroph wrote: »
    You can check in up to 15 days in advance, and this is communicated on the site when booking, who told you to check in on the day?
    I'd say you tried to check in too late, and it only allowed you to check in for your return flight. If you supplied an email when booking, it would have sent you reminders to this to check in. you can check in up to 4 hours before flight AFAIK.

Flight was at 5.30pm and I checked in at c.12 noon.

I followed the links in the emails that was sent in order to check in.

Will I have a leg to stand on if I complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you can support everything that you say, and you are sure that you didn't book in too late (which, in fairness, is what it does sound like), then make a complaint.

Thanks for the prompt replies all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

It sounds like either too late, or a mis-click on your part. you need to make sure that both boxes are ticked for check in outbound and return. then u need to make sure you have two boarding cards. what they'll say is that you failed to check in for one (outbound) flight. you never printed a boarding card for this flight, and failed to check the dates on the card you had, turning up ion airport with the wrong papers. Unfortunately, the onus is on you to check in 100% correctly, otherwise, they'll check you in but charge you for it. You may have to write this one off as a costly lesson to double check your emails, read everything each page says, and check that all the stuff you have printed is correct before heading to the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

Hi all,
    Just checked my Ryanair reservation number for a flight that I booked back home to Dublin near the end of May. They've pulled the flight and put me on a flight 4 hours later but this doesn't suit as I'd be late for work :(

I didn't receive an email from them yet either with my options.

What are my options here - eg refund, alternative date / route etc as I've just booked a dearer Aer Lingus flight instead, at the earlier time.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Um... no email.... you sure the changes are confirmed?? Anyway, you have options, from refund to credit against another flight.

Go to manage my booking...

Bye, Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 13 soft landing

Hi all,

Has anyone used a laser card to book flights with Ryanair? They started accepting them few weeks ago. I used mine to book flights a few days ago.

After going through the motions of booking the flights a page came up which said something along the lines of ........we have received your request, this transaction is not complete until you receive a confirmation email....

Surprise surprise I still haven't received an email nor has the money gone out of my account. I thought the booking would be instant (as is the case with CC bookings). Has anyone else used this method and experienced delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Patience my friend, it may take up to a day but youll get it.

Save the confirmation page and use that if your anxious. Thats what i do

And this happens regardless of card used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mshez

I booked a return ticket online a short while ago but I'm just after discovering that I used the wrong title i.e I selected Mr Mary Connolly rather than Mrs Mary Connolly. Will this cause problems at the airport or is there any way I can have it changed without paying the change of name fee which costs €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mshez

I booked a return ticket online a short while ago but I'm just after discovering that I used the wrong title i.e I selected Mr Mary Connolly rather than Mrs Mary Connolly. Will this cause problems at the airport or is there any way I can have it changed without paying the change of name fee which costs €100

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You'll have to pay the name-change fee, i'm afraid. Be more careful in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mshez wrote: »

I hat to chage mine. I called the premium rate "help line" and they told me that the ticket and passport must exactly match. However it cost me 40 euro. 20 euro over and 20 euro back.

I figured it was 40 euro o leary charged me for being stupid.....:)

either that or he relies on a lot of me to make his profit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 WHIPIT

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Just about to book a trip to the UK with Risky...However my companion does not have a passport so I`m seeking guidance on which box to tick when booking....
    The options offered are for those who will present an EU/EEA Passport or those who will not...I presume its the NOT box to be ticked for a Driving Licence.

Can anybody confirm ?? :eek:
    I travel with ryanair all the time and you need a passport, they insist on it. This has nothing to do with the law etc. This is ther policy

That won't cause a problem at the airport once the Mary Connolly part is correct since the Mr/Mrs has no legal groundings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

WHIPIT wrote: »
    I travel with ryanair all the time and you need a passport, they insist on it. This has nothing to do with the law etc. This is ther policy
    You will be all right, as you have the right name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I rang before and got a minor error changed for 10 euro. Ring and see what they'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marymary

I booked tickets a while back and spelt my sons girlfriends surname wrong. I thought i would need to do a name change but when i rang ryanair they changed the name and didn't charge anything. I think it will be ok so long as you haven't checked in on line yet. goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into Ryanair megathread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Surprise surprise I still haven't received an email nor has the money gone out of my account. I thought the booking would be instant (as is the case with CC bookings). Has anyone else used this method and experienced delays?

Any update on this as I'm thinking about using Laser Card for my next booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

marymary wrote: »
    I booked tickets a while back and spelt my sons girlfriends surname wrong. I thought i would need to do a name change but when i rang ryanair they changed the name and didn't charge anything. I think it will be ok so long as you haven't checked in on line yet. goodluck

FWIW, it seems to depend on the gate staff's alertness. As I was waiting in line recently I noticed the country on my online booking printout was 'Iceland' instead of 'Ireland' - obviously finger problem.... and I couldn't do much about it at that stage - she never noticed, tore off the bottom bit and off you go.....

It is interesting that MOL has created such an aura of nastiness around himself it rubs off as scared customers.....

Bye, Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

We got Ryanair vouchers as a present with the gfs name entered the wrong way round (e.g.Smith Mary instead of Mary Smith). Couldn't use them as the first passenger name has to match the name on the voucher - rang Ryanair and they told us to enter the first name as it appeared on the voucher. Which of course meant the booking went through as Smith Mary, and that was the name on the boarding pass. Didn't cause any problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi all I Have return tickets booked with Ryan air to get married in edinburgh in July.She book the flights But booked a flight at 10am Sunday morning the day after!So can I change this to say 10pm Sunday night?how much does anyone think this would be or should we just book a one way ticket home for 50pounds for both of us thanks for any help.

fox007 wrote: »
    Hi all I Have return tickets booked with Ryan air to get married in edinburgh in July.She book the flights But booked a flight at 10am Sunday morning the day after!So can I change this to say 10pm Sunday night?how much does anyone think this would be or should we just book a one way ticket home for 50pounds for both of us thanks for any help.
    It will be more than likely cheaper to just book another one way flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

So back in September Ryanair sent me an e-mail saying they were cancelling the Dublin-Tampere flight from the end of October to the end of March.
    This put me out over Christmas as I had already bought tickets but got refund and took it in the chin. Had to fly with SAS which was double the cost and double the hassle of flight delays (Why can't they fly direct like Ryanair?).
    So now the Tampere route is completely gone from Dublin airport but has opened up in Edinburgh with no annuoncements from Ryanair that the Dublin route is officially cancelled.
    Is the reason for this cancellation purely down to their argument with the DAA?

Advertisement