Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Aplogies if this has been asked before

I just went online and booked our flights for our holiday. We are flying on a Monday so we are not paying any taxes.

I went back in literally 3 mins later to book for my inlaws and now the taxes are back on for the Monday. It's increasing the flight price by 108 euro and when I checked it the same time I was booking mine it was the exact same price as our flights, 3 mins later it's gone up

WTF?? Can't contact Ryan Air, well I can if I want to spend 95 cent a min on a call which I don't....anyone know if this happens a lot or if I hold out will the no tax on the flight become available again??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They use pricing models while selling tickets. They only sell a certain number of tickets at the promotional price, which you seem to have got the last of. How far in advance is the flight? Moral of the story is, if you see cheap flights - buy all the tickets you need asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Pythia is correct, has almost happened to me on one occasion.

Try this though, clear your cookies, clear history list etc and try again. Did happen to me on one occasion (BA I think) that the price went up, then came back down when I did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

snuggles09 wrote: »
    Aplogies if this has been asked before

if I hold out will the no tax on the flight become available again??

Depends on a number of things such as how long is it before you travel, is it a popular destination etc. Ryanair change their promotions (prices) every few days so if its say more than 6 weeks ahead and not a very popular destination it may be worth taking a chance and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Hi folks. Just some advice needed fairly urgently. My passport application is in for renewal for the past 4 weeks and I understand there is a backlog of 40,000 passports waiting to be issued.

I'm off to London on Sunday for the day. Will they accept a drivers licence? Given the circumstances at the Passport office, and the fact I'm only goin to London for an overnight stay, surely they'll be some bit lenient?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I doubt it, you may want to phone them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Undertow wrote: »
    Will they accept a drivers licence? Given the circumstances at the Passport office, and the fact I'm only goin to London for an overnight stay, surely they'll be some bit lenient?

No and not a chance:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I'm off to London on Sunday for the day. Will they accept a drivers licence? Given the circumstances at the Passport office, and the fact I'm only goin to London for an overnight stay, surely they'll be some bit lenient?

Train or bus for you my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

I had a look on the Ryanair site, I know that as a rule the dont accept drivers licence but I thought that given the circumstances they might bend the rules a little. Oh well, maybe not. My luck. :(

• Advertisement

I had a look on the Ryanair site, I know that as a rule the dont accept drivers licence but I thought that given the circumstances they might bend the rules a little. Oh well, maybe not. My luck. :(

O'Leary will never waive rules if it means waiving the chance of extra revenue.

Aer Lingus, Eurolines or Sail Rail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Aer Lingus, Eurolines or Sail Rail.

Why would it mean waiving revenue? Where is the loss of revenue in accepting the driving license?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

And that's why he's a genius and the smart people in Ireland get cheaper flights

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

syklops wrote: »
    Why would it mean waiving revenue? Where is the loss of revenue in accepting the driving license?

they will use his tax & charges paid to subsidise the next special offer of free taxes & charges on other flights to the UK. When there is no actual travel involved, ryanair do not pay the govt the taxes & charges, it goes towards another seat on a different flight.

that's how they do the special offer of free taxes & charges, these have been paid by other people who missed their flights or were refused due to invalid id etc..

bada_bing wrote: »
    they will use his tax & charges paid to subsidise the next special offer of free taxes & charges on other flights to the UK. When there is no actual travel involved, ryanair do not pay the govt the taxes & charges, it goes towards another seat on a different flight.

that's how they do the special offer of free taxes & charges, these have been paid by other people who missed their flights or were refused due to invalid id etc..

Bingo.

syklops wrote: »

One less bum on seat makes plane lighter and less fuel is used I know, it is probably inconsequential - but if many bums can't make seats...

Ryanair are not known for their flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

ok so ive printed of the the boarding pass for myself and 3 mates.
    it has came out pink as my printer is low on ink will this be ok do they scan the printed boarding passes or just look at them??

naughto wrote: »
    it has came out pink as my printer is low on ink will this be ok do they scan the printed boarding passes or just look at them??

It has to be clear and legible. I would say print it out again on a better printer.

It has to be clear and legible. I would say print it out again on a better printer.

its clear and legible i can read every thing on it it just a shade pink where its sapose to be blue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

In Dublin Airport they scan the boarding cards at security. If they don't scan (it's happened to me) they'll tell you to go to the check in desk to get a new boarding card.
    (I don't know if the scanner is colour sensitive).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

In Dublin Airport they scan the boarding cards at security. If they don't scan (it's happened to me) they'll tell you to go to the check in desk to get a new boarding card.

I always wonder about that, what happens in those cases does Ryanair charge you for it?

for the sake of have to give them any more of my money ill just go and get some new ink for the prinker cos iam sure they ill try and charge the( money grabbing bastards)that they are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

nava wrote: »
    I always wonder about that, what happens in those cases does Ryanair charge you for it?

I don't know. It wasn't a Ryanair boarding card I had a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Security turned me away once at Dublin Airport as my boarding pass wouldn't scan due to low-ink levels. Thankfully though, I was flying Aer Lingus so a replacement boarding pass was easy. Security guy told me to come straight back to the top of the queue once I got the new pass.

I can't imagine Ryanair giving you a free replacement. After all, it's up to you to print it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Go in to some shop and get it photocopied. Turn the contrast up higher and it should turn out ok. Alternatively just go into an internet cafe and get it reprinted.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

..booked return flights to London in June for myself and a friend. Selected a midday flight going out and a evening flight coming back. Put through my credit card details and then I got a message of confirmation telling me I had booked two early morning flights. I went to rectify this and was told it would cost me 100 euro to change the flights. I dont see why I should have to pay this as it was an error on the website's part, I know I selected the correct flites and I didnt go out of the website and come back in again or anything. Did this ever happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

It feels like a scam, its 25 euro per person per flight to change the flite which X4 workes out at 100 euro. Of course theres no one to ring or email about this, the option is there to ''write'' to them, but I wonder what are the odds I'd ever hear back from them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair Megathread

dudara

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »

My boarding pass wouldn't scan at security and told to go to Ryanair to get a boarding pass.

Was a bit concerned that they would be hitting me for a charge but, without any questions they just issued a new boarding pass.

Advertisement