Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Question, will i need middle name when im booking a flight?

If it's on your passport you'd be as well entering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you won't need your middle name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their volcano refunds yet?

Anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would say we could be waiting a long time before any refunds appear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Didn't they say it would be a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It was 10 working days, now it's changed to 30 working days. LOLZZ.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Told ya so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Got trough to them the day after my flight was due to go out the 18th and was told to fill out the web form I would be 3-5working days for a decision and another 3-5 working days for the payment to show up on my card.
    Have heard nothing about a decision but the payment should be on my card by tomorrow by that time scale . Thought they were being way to nice about it. Can see it being months if ever by the time the even start refunding people. And proably then only after there brought to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Just wondering:
    Do you get compensation if you were supost to travel from Ireland to UK but your flight was cancled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Just got a mail off them saying they have refunded my card. guess I have to eat my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Jees, you'd get a passport quicker.....
    Lamposts wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Really p****ed off with this shower. Supposed to be travelling back from Seville last Saturday, but Ryanair cancelled all their flights to Spain on the day. Every other carrier from Dublin flew to that region, and no other flights from Seville were cancelled, only Ryanairs'.
    Their solution was to offer us a return flight this Tues, which for work reasons wasn't possible, and there is also a possibilty that flights could be cancelled again.

Ended up having to spend €300 on flights to London, and another €170 from London to Dublin. These expenses are not covered by EU regulations, and our travel insurance won't cover them either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MaryDub

Save yourself a lot of hassle and get the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spannerotoole

For real peace of mind, don't fly Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I too would like to know if anyone got compensation yet?

I have had 1 of 3 cancelled bookings refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

One more to question about them

I am booking a flight from London to Dublin with irish Visa Credit Card

For whatever reason, it is saying that the service is unavailable at this time (since yesterday!)

The cynic in me thinks that it is because i dont accept Ryanairs exchange rate that they "recommend". :rolleyes:Has anyone seen this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

One more to question about them

I am booking a flight from London to Dublin with irish Visa Credit Card

For whatever reason, it is saying that the service is unavailable at this time (since yesterday!)

The cynic in me thinks that it is because i dont accept Ryanairs exchange rate that they "recommend". :rolleyes:Has anyone seen this yet

I never accept it and pay with a prepaid £ mastercard for all euro transactions. Did it yesterday and had no problems booking.

Also had a flight cancelled on the 17th April which was at 06.35. I saw the flight was cancelled on the website on the night of the 16th and went onto their website to put in for the refund.

Went onto the site and filled in the details. Thats it I thought job done. Then on the 6th May I get two e mails telling me if I want the cancelled flights refunded then to follow the link and fill in the form. So I did that too.

So yesterday was the 20 day deadline and no money had been refunded so I called them. They said no refund had been processed on the 16th April and I would have to wait 20 days from the 6th May when the 2nd refund was filled in.

The form I filled in on the 16th was obviously not working and anyone who filled in a form online during the early stages of the flight cancellations should maybe ring them and make sure their refund is being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

I have just booked a return flight with Ryanair. I wasn't paying attention when clicking outboard flight and had paid for everything before I realised what I had done. Basically I booked a (too) early in the morning flight instead of afternoon, return leg is fine.

Is it possible for me to just buy another flight one way for the time I want in the afternoon? would this mean that my return flight (which is fine) would be cancelled as I won't be using outgoing flight if you get what I mean.

would it be cheaper for me to just book a one way flight instead of paying for a flight time change?

many thanks for any help on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Is it possible for me to just buy another flight one way for the time I want in the afternoon?
    Yes.

would this mean that my return flight (which is fine) would be cancelled as I won't be using outgoing flight if you get what I mean.
    No that'd be grand boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Has anyone else noticed the new section when you're completing a booking where you can buy an Samsonite case? I checked that I didn't want on (naturally) and my booking increased by a euro!! Seriously are they now charging you if you don't use "Ryanair approved" cabin baggage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

littlebsci wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the new section when you're completing a booking where you can buy an Samsonite case? I checked that I didn't want on (naturally) and my booking increased by a euro!! Seriously are they now charging you if you don't use "Ryanair approved" cabin baggage?

Are you sure you didn't request SMS notification by mistake?

Are you sure you didn't request SMS notification by mistake?

Absolutely positive, I even went through the process again there a second ago to make sure I wasn't just being an eejit. As soon as I check no to the approved cabin baggage the total goes up by €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Absolutely positive, I even went through the process again there a second ago to make sure I wasn't just being an eejit. As soon as I check no to the approved cabin baggage the total goes up by €1.
    Your PC must really like Michael O'Leary because it doesn't go up by one euro for me. Look on the right hand side when picking your options as all the charges are broken down there.

I think it's actually just a glitch on the page. Having checked no for the bag I then checked yes to the text confirmation and then changed it to no and the extra €1 just disappeared.
    Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I think it's actually just a glitch on the page. Having checked no for the bag I then checked yes to the text confirmation and then changed it to no and the extra €1 just disappeared.
    Weird!
    Whats weirder is how someone wouldn't want a bag that Michael O'Leary loves so dearly
    mol-and-bag.jpg

axer wrote: »
    Whats weirder is how someone wouldn't want a bag that Michael O'Leary loves so dearly

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Lads booked with Ryan air for my wedding in Scotland in July just got an email today saying on the return flight they have changed my flight time from 1145 to 6am there is no way I'm taking that. I went to manage my booking for a later flight they want 50e extra! Should they not put me on this flight?and does anyone know a contact email for them can't find it on there site cheers

• Advertisement

If they move it by more than 2 hours you are entitled to rebook for free or get a refund.

Advertisement