Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

hmmm, long time no post here it seems..... anyway i just wanna say that theres definitely something fishy with the confirmation emails, its not (all) just human error from the customer. i have autocomplete turned on and was being very careful when booking so i did not make a mistake. i was recently booking 4 flights all separately (long story), did the exact same each time, but then only received 3 confirmation emails.

of course, stupidly, i didnt take down the confirmation numbers, as i figured i would get an email, as i always have done, and could print out the pages later. i couldnt find the 4th email, so i thought maybe i had only booked 3. but then after checking my cc, there were indeed 4 payments (although my cc didnt display the booking reference number).

on the ryanair site, in the check-in section, theres 2 options you can pick where it asks you for the confirmation number and some other detail, but in the third, you dont need the number at all, just all the flight/ other details. the kicker with this though is that its bogus/ broken (at least it was for me), and wouldnt even work for the flights i did have confirmation for.

**LUCKILY** however, if you instead go into "manage my booking", select "check in" there, and again do the third option, this should work fine, and it was only by doing this that i was able to find my confirmation number without having to pay ryanairs ridiculous premium rate numbers. you think with all that extra revenue they'd at least be able to afford more customer care staff so people dont have to ring 27 times to get some assistance :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Kevface91

I've moved your post to the Ryanair megathread. The thread you originally posted in was years old. In future, look at the date of the thread you find when searching before you reply.

Thanks

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

c_k_m wrote: »
    ya pretty strange...im using a mastercard, I tried my laser and my girlfriends credit card (also mastercard) but still nothing....might try ringing em

Just tried it again there and it worked grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Folks, I'll be flying with ryanair soon and I haven't flown with them in the last year or two. Anyway looking for your opinion. Would a bag like this one be too big for hand luggage if its under the 10kg weight.

nike-bag.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Quick question:

If you make a booking on Ryanair without bags and then later go online to "manage booking" and add bags - do they charge an admin fee on top of the baggage cost i.e. another credit card charge for paying the baggage fee?

ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Quick question:

If you make a booking on Ryanair without bags and then later go online to "manage booking" and add bags - do they charge an admin fee on top of the baggage cost i.e. another credit card charge for paying the baggage fee?

ta.

Yes, they do! And if there is more than one person on the one booking, it's €5 per person each way admin charge added onto the price of the bag. Unless of course you use Prepaid Mastercard.

I know because I nearly got stung last year!

joey54 wrote: »
    Folks, I'll be flying with ryanair soon and I haven't flown with them in the last year or two. Anyway looking for your opinion. Would a bag like this one be too big for hand luggage if its under the 10kg weight.

nike-bag.gif

If it fits into their little wire frame at the departure gate, it will be accepted. Just don't pack it too tightly so it will squash in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

kelle wrote: »
    Yes, they do! And if there is more than one person on the one booking, it's €5 per person each way admin charge added onto the price of the bag. Unless of course you use Prepaid Mastercard.
    I know because I nearly got stung last year!
    I don't think they do. I think the charge is for flights only as it would discourage people from buying add ons afterwards otherwise.

axer wrote: »
    I don't think they do. I think the charge is for flights only as it would discourage people from buying add ons afterwards otherwise.

Well- last year, I tried to add a bag and pay for it with Visa. There was 5 of us on the booking, so I was being charged €30+€50 to add just one bag! I cancelled it, and found we could bring plenty in the cabin luggage!

Now maybe it has changed this year, but I doubt it!

Well- last year, I tried to add a bag and pay for it with Visa. There was 5 of us on the booking, so I was being charged €30+€50 to add just one bag! I cancelled it, and found we could bring plenty in the cabin luggage!

Now maybe it has changed this year, but I doubt it!
    I just checked again with a booking I have coming up and it did not seem to charge any extra fee. It shows the fees for the total at the top but that includes all fees already paid plus the new fee.

• Advertisement

If it fits into their little wire frame at the departure gate, it will be accepted. Just don't pack it too tightly so it will squash in there!

Will have to make sure I can easily squash it! Also, if your check in bag is in anyway over the 15kg allowance will you be charged? e.g if its like 15.4kg. I've weighed my bag and it's dead on the 15, this leaves me no room for error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If it is 1 gram over they will hit you for a 1kg excess charge.

Haddockman wrote: »
    If it is 1 gram over they will hit you for a 1kg excess charge.

Reckoned this would be the case! I better re-think a few things so that I come in under the 15kg. Can't be certain that my scales is 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I've gotten away with 15.4 or so any time i've travelled.

zuroph wrote: »
    I've gotten away with 15.4 or so any time i've travelled.

That's good! I suppose it depends on the mood of the person on the desk! The thoughts of having to re-pack are killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

Got away with .5kg over once travelling Cork to London yet on the way back with .3kg over i was pulled over and told to get rid of it.

I just put on an extra jumper and changed to the heavier pair of shoes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

chat to them, be friendly, polite, and crack a joke (if you're any good at cracking jokes) and you'll be grand. I've also gotten away with lifting the strap of the bag to lift the weight, and distracted them by chatting, to get down from 17kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

If you're checking in one bag and have one bag hand luggage, make sure that your check-in bag is out of gauge. That way it will have to be submitted at the out of gauge baggage desk.

So this is what you do. Fill your out of gauge check-in bag with 15 kilos. Check-in, get your tag, walk down to the out of gauge baggage desk. Before you get there though, take out of your hand luggage bag whatever is heavy, bulging or for whatever reason, and stuff it into your check-in bag. Your check-in bag has already received it's tag and the out of gauge baggage desk won't weigh it again, nor are they interested in it's weight.

Result is that your hand luggage bag is now lighter and slimmer. It may have made the difference between that and having to pay €35 to check it in.

If you're checking in one bag and have one bag hand luggage, make sure that your check-in bag is out of gauge. That way it will have to be submitted at the out of gauge baggage desk.

So this is what you do. Fill your out of gauge check-in bag with 15 kilos. Check-in, get your tag, walk down to the out of gauge baggage desk. Before you get there though, take out of your hand luggage bag whatever is heavy, bulging or for whatever reason, and stuff it into your check-in bag. Your check-in bag has already received it's tag and the out of gauge baggage desk won't weigh it again, nor are they interested in it's weight.

Result is that your hand luggage bag is now lighter and slimmer. It may have made the difference between that and having to pay €35 to check it in.

How do you make sure your check in bag is out of gauge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

How do you make sure your check in bag is out of gauge?

You have to use a hold-all or rucksack or something that won't fit easily on the conveyor belt.

• Advertisement

The only thing to be aware of is the returning airport might not work the same way. You still have to bring the stuff back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Indeed. That needs to be sussed out prior to chancing it in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dancingjebus3

Hey Im flyin out to spain in a couple of days and I need to bring a clamp with me to fix something over there, the clamp isnt to big but its quiet heavy so does anyone know if I would get away with this in hand luggage or would it be considered dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It would depend on the clamp, and the view of security in the airport. It may not even be a decision of Ryanair.

With Ryanair, just make sure your hand luggage is under 10kg.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-introduces-optional-larger-20kg-checked-in-bag-allowance

Anyway I can change my 15kg bag to a 20kg one? Can't find anything on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Has anyone noticed any problems with the Ryanair website? After entering in all of the info to find flights, this error pops up:
    ERROR
    [5022:NoTermsOfUseAcceptanceFoundException] Please indicate that you have read and accept the Terms of Use and click on Search for Flights button.

This comes up despite the terms and conditions box being ticked. My wife has been getting this for about three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-introduces-optional-larger-20kg-checked-in-bag-allowance

Anyway I can change my 15kg bag to a 20kg one? Can't find anything on their site.

Ha, see how the luggage is more expensive in July and August?! He's a crafty one, that O'Leary!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed any problems with the Ryanair website? After entering in all of the info to find flights, this error pops up:

This comes up despite the terms and conditions box being ticked. My wife has been getting this for about three days.
    Mine works fine. Would you try somebody else's PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mine works fine. Would you try somebody else's PC?

Sorted now thanks, someone had messed with my cookies.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Having a problem doin online check in, can enter all info needed on first page EXCEPT airport flying from and to, any help? am flying out in the morning. it doesnt give me any options in the drop down menus

Advertisement