Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

theboss80 wrote: »
    Having a problem doin online check in, can enter all info needed on first page EXCEPT airport flying from and to, any help? am flying out in the morning. it doesnt give me any options in the drop down menus

When I tried they work for me, both option 2 and 3 have listed the names in the drops downs

Url I use is Online Check in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

it says that there is no charge for using a Mastercard Prepaid Debit Card so I was wondering if an Ulster Bank Visa Debit fell into this category?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mastercard and visa are different things, rival companies, so, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A Visa Debit is not a Mastercard Prepaid. No, it does not fall into the category of no fees.

Sign up for an account on www.entropay.com (or one of the alternatives) and get yourself a prepay Mastercard.

Alternatively if you're in Dublin a lot of the shopping centres do gift cards which are actually prepaid Mastercards and that may help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I printed my boarding cards on my brother's Laser printer (I was advised this was best, as I've just replaced the ink on my inkjet printer so there's a danger the barcode could be smudged and not work at the airport).

However, the cards printed out in black and white- while the cards on my own printer were in colour. Will this definitely work at the airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

kelle wrote: »
    I printed my boarding cards on my brother's Laser printer (I was advised this was best, as I've just replaced the ink on my inkjet printer so there's a danger the barcode could be smudged and not work at the airport).

However, the cards printed out in black and white- while the cards on my own printer were in colour. Will this definitely work at the airport?
    There will be no problem. The barcode is black and white anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭thebiglad

kelle wrote: »

Your boarding pass is scanned before you go through security.

Per previous poster it should not be a problem but at worst you will sent to ryanair ticket desk and they will print a boarding pass for you free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

They change their prices quick! In 12 hours one went up 100 euro. I also find that their claims of "only 3 seats left" is complete nonsense. When you search for 4 seats on the same date and time its available!

I think they mean only 3 seats left at the price. You'll find more seats are available, but at a higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

hey everyone,

this may have been touched on already i'm sure (but the thread is 93 pages long so i'm not going to scan!) but i'm wondering if anyone knows if Ryanair still allow parents and kids to board first without having priority boarding booked?

my wife and I travelling with an (almost) 2 y/o and a 3.5 y/o on a 3 hour flight and we'd like to ensure we sit together etc so just wondering.

thanks in advance,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

hey everyone,

this may have been touched on already i'm sure (but the thread is 93 pages long so i'm not going to scan!) but i'm wondering if anyone knows if Ryanair still allow parents and kids to board first without having priority boarding booked?
    No, they don't.
    my wife and I travelling with an (almost) 2 y/o and a 3.5 y/o on a 3 hour flight and we'd like to ensure we sit together etc so just wondering.
    Consider paying for priority boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

hey everyone,

thanks in advance,

No they don't call parents, you will need to get Priority tickets or join the normal queue early so you get to board 1st, I will also recommend you go in teh back door not as busy as front door.

No, they don't.

Consider paying for priority boarding.

ok cool thanks. that was pretty much expected but wasn't sure so priority boarding looks like it's going to be the way to go. just dont like giving them any more cash than nessesary

just dont like giving them any more cash than nessesary
    Me neither. Just get there early and be the first at the non-priority queue.

Me neither. Just get there early and be the first at the non-priority queue.

5 quid a head each way is steep in fairness. head of the non-priority queue might be an option.

i just think not letting parents with small children on first is a slightly barmy thing to stop doing. it ensures there's no kids running up and down disturbing passengers and crew by going from mum to da and back and probably goes a little further to making the flight better for everyone on board - not just parents...but that doesn't equal profit so i know where they're coming from

i just think not letting parents with small children on first is a slightly barmy thing to stop doing. it ensures there's no kids running up and down disturbing passengers and crew by going from mum to da and back and probably goes a little further to making the flight better for everyone on board - not just parents...but that doesn't equal profit so i know where they're coming from

Because allowing passengers with children to board first for free neither makes nor saves Ryanair money. Rather, they might be more inclined instead to pay for priority boarding. Cher-ching.

Because allowing passengers with children to board first for free neither makes nor saves Ryanair money. Rather, they might be more inclined instead to pay for priority boarding. Cher-ching.

indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭thebiglad

5 quid a head each way is steep in fairness. head of the non-priority queue might be an option.

Still see it on aer lingus where people with lids can board first (despite seat being allocated). People with 12 year old 'kids' always go forward or 1 kid and 4 adults!!

Good for ryanair..

I would only ever agree with priority boarding for people with kids if it was 1 adult per kid and kids defined as below age of 5

Same rule applies on ryanair to old people with no concession.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Still see it on aer lingus where people with lids can board first (despite seat being allocated). People with 12 year old 'kids' always go forward or 1 kid and 4 adults!!

Good for ryanair..

I would only ever agree with priority boarding for people with kids if it was 1 adult per kid and kids defined as below age of 5

Same rule applies on ryanair to old people with no concession.

ahh yeah, well 12 y/o's aren't kids tbf. and people will always take the piss, but with small children should have priority as standard imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

ahh yeah, well 12 y/o's aren't kids tbf. and people will always take the piss, but with small children should have priority as standard imo
    But like you said people will always take the piss. Its not fair on those that purchase priority boarding if people are still allowed to go before them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Maybe they should let the people with kids go after the priority boarding and before the non-priority.

With Southwest in the US they have 3 boarding groups A B & C and the families with children go after A and before B from what I remember.

But as someone said, then there will be no reason for these people to purchase priority boarding. 2 Adults, 2 kids, that's €20 each way for Ryanair!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eass82

My flight with Ryanair at the weekend was delayed by 8 hours due to technical issues and I was wondering has anyone had any results claiming directly under the EU legislation from them or have they used a 3rd party site?The sites seem to take a hefty chunk of anything you get but if its easy enough to do yourself I would rather keep the €'s.If I was to do it myself what forms would i need? I've tried the consumer assocation and EU sites and couldnt find any links.Any advice or links would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Does anyone know which routes are going to be culled after todays announcement??

Hoping me cheapo ski fare to Milan Bergamo will remain in place, they're still selling seats for it in January, but there were feck all people on it, thought it would be for the chop! :p

hey everyone,

thanks in advance,

They don't give priority to families, but on the last 2 occasions we travelled with Ryanair we found the air hostesses brilliant at keeping the families together - I heard them asking passengers to swap seats which they did (which was very good of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Trying to book some flights today with my prepaid mastercard. Got through to the payment pages and then when you click purchase now a message comes up and says the form of payment cannot be processed at this time and to try another form of payment.

I call the Irish contact number to be told sorry we are not answering any calls today!! What?

Currently on hold to the UK number.........

ETA - Ok it would seem that you have to delete the browsing history before paying with a prepaid mastercard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Regarding the online check in pass, my printer is dodgy and sometimes my printed page works and most times it doesn't.
    Realy must get it fixed :o
    If your web check in won't scan for security you just go to any Ryanair desk and they'll print a boarding pass for you free of charge

And realy, passengers may rush onto Ryanair flights but it would never happen that a young child has to sit separately from parents.
    Realy, people are decent, just ask someone to move and if they won't ask the staff for help and they will.

Quick Question I am traveling with Ryanair later this month and I am wondering if anyone has ever brought food in their hand luggage. Will food in ones hand luggage pass security or could you get held for hours if food is found?

Ryanair seem to say its ok:
    CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD ONBOARD?

Passengers are welcome to bring their own food onboard, however, in the interest of safety passengers must not carry hot drinks onboard.

Anyone ever brought food?

flikflak wrote: »
    Trying to book some flights today with my prepaid mastercard. Got through to the payment pages and then when you click purchase now a message comes up and says the form of payment cannot be processed at this time and to try another form of payment.

I call the Irish contact number to be told sorry we are not answering any calls today!! What?

Currently on hold to the UK number.........

ETA - Ok it would seem that you have to delete the browsing history before paying with a prepaid mastercard

Hey,
    Same thing happened to me. It is because your browser is not compatible. I bet you are using Chrome or Safari. Try using Firefox or Internet Explorer, then it will work.

padocon wrote: »
    Quick Question I am traveling with Ryanair later this month and I am wondering if anyone has ever brought food in their hand luggage. Will food in ones hand luggage pass security or could you get held for hours if food is found?

Ryanair seem to say its ok:

Anyone ever brought food?

Yep, food is fine. If it's a liquid or gel, usual rules apply.

• Advertisement

Yep, food is fine. If it's a liquid or gel, usual rules apply.

I was a little surprised when I saw it. Are some foods not banned? Like raw meat?

Advertisement