Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

padocon wrote: »
    Quick Question I am traveling with Ryanair later this month and I am wondering if anyone has ever brought food in their hand luggage. Will food in ones hand luggage pass security or could you get held for hours if food is found?

Ryanair seem to say its ok:

Anyone ever brought food?
    Yes, food is no problem. I used to bring sandwiches with me on my flights - saves a fortune when travelling regularly. Obviously with drinks you will need to buy them the gate side of security which sucks but has nothing to do with Ryanair.

I would assume that certain items are not allowed through due to disease etc. Best bet is to ring airport security beforehand and they can let you know about your specific items. I have found them to be useless though as they seem to rather say no to things rather than check specifics.

One thing I found strange to be allowed was baked beans. I would have thought the tinned cans would have been stopped but they let me go through with 4 tinned cans (don't ask) no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I was a little surprised when I saw it. Are some foods not banned? Like raw meat?
    All foods are not banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Basically I want to bring cereal with me.

Basically I want to bring cereal with me.
    Cereal would be no problem. You could ring the airport to double check but I highly doubt it would be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Quick Question I am traveling with Ryanair later this month and I am wondering if anyone has ever brought food in their hand luggage. Will food in ones hand luggage pass security or could you get held for hours if food is found?

Ryanair seem to say its ok:

Anyone ever brought food?
    Many times. Never a problem.

• Advertisement

BTW I am not talking about a snack for the plane, I am on about food to consume abroad. Thanks for the replys!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Noticed something today, might save one or two of you money.

Flying with a group of seven people. Went to book the flights and noticed it was slightly higher priced than it used to be. went back and checked price with one person travelling and it was €5 per head cheaper, saying "only 3 seats left at this price". So did the booking in two seperate bookings, first with 3 to get the cheaper seats, then 4 at the higher price. If I did it with all 7 it just charged everyone the higher price.

Yes, I noticed that 3 seats left is bull sh1t. If you search for 4 seats straight after it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Yes, I noticed that 3 seats left is bull sh1t. If you search for 4 seats straight after it is available.

yes, but the price is gone up then..

zuroph wrote: »
    yes, but the price is gone up then..

And also, and it is hard to believe. I was booking a flight in safari and it failed. After 2 attempts it said something like the booking has failed ect and I had to re-enter all the date, no of people ect. So I am on the flights page and what do you know, the flight has gone up! The fact the flight was in such demand the prices instantly raised! So I look it up in Firefox and guess what, the price is lower.

Ryanair tactics!

• Advertisement

And also, and it is hard to believe. I was booking a flight in safari and it failed. After 2 attempts it said something like the booking has failed ect and I had to re-enter all the date, no of people ect. So I am on the flights page and what do you know, the flight has gone up! The fact the flight was in such demand the prices instantly raised! So I look it up in Firefox and guess what, the price is lower.

Ryanair tactics!
    I guess ryanair don't like apple! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

They all do this. Book in chrome incognito mode or clear cookies after each search.

ch750536 wrote: »
    They all do this. Book in chrome incognito mode or clear cookies after each search.

All airlines raise prices when they see someone is trying to book a flight?
    Ryanair said that Chrome don't work. Have you booked flights using it?
    I think the need to make their site more compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mine's a Pint

I sent the first form by FAX as instructed. After weeks of waiting (I knew it would be a while) RyA did sent another email requesting me to send in receipts and there was a link on the email. I went to do this a couple of days ago but cannot find that email. I sent a couple of queries by email but to no avail.

Anybody still got a copy of the instructions and the link? Did people send in original receipts or scans? Any other relevant advice would be appreciated. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

this made me all warm and fuzzy inside!!!! glad to see there are people who will not put up with MOL's bullsh*t antics!!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100715/tuk-ryanair-in-payout-to-easyjet-boss-e1cd776.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

bada_bing wrote: »
    this made me all warm and fuzzy inside!!!! glad to see there are people who will not put up with MOL's bullsh*t antics!!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100715/tuk-ryanair-in-payout-to-easyjet-boss-e1cd776.html
    Ryanair would not have got anywhere near the same publicity if they had simply put this money into direct advertising.

Very clever on behalf of all from Ryanair who were involved. Nothing beats a bit of indirect marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

c4cat wrote: »
    It was me that broke this news 8 mth ago on this thread, and it was no Joke then either. I got the info from an insider at Ryanair over a pint in a pub. Everyone thought I was taking the Pi$$ and even the thread got locked by the mods

check the link where I broke this story on this forum over 8 mts ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...8#post56205968

Yes you heard it from me first on boards.ie

And to Mod Captain Obvious who closed my thread for no other reason then suspecting me of working in the industry, I can assure you I have nothing to do with the airline industry at all, so you had better eat your keyboard for overdue censoring of my thread just because I broke the story first and you did not believe me it was actually being considered.

I Gtee within 18mts you will have to pay as you pi$$ and sh+t€ on a Ryanair plane cos as they claim they are inovators

17 months on and you still dont have to pay to use the toilets on aircraft. What a surprise :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I support being charged to use the toilets, it's a good move.

Aargh! It would have cost us a fortune if we had to pay 2 weeks ago - my children between them visited 6 times during the 2-hour flight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

They wont loose money, they make money, even from job applicants, I think you have to pay £50 to submit a job application to them! I think it's €35 to add an oversized bag at the gate and their policy and staff can be unplesent and god knows what their saying.

This is what people don't realise:

Ryanair was setup to offer very cheap rates and they have succeeded in that. With this, they must cut their budgets to offer cheap flights, they have done this, but they have made it a lot easier for people to fly; they might ask you to buy stuff that you don't want (constantly) but who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Looking to book flights to a wedding in Newcastle on Saturday 30th October.However flights home on Monday 1st have taxes/fees of €36.55,all other days have none.Why is this??The fare on Sunday 31st is €10 more epensive than the Monday....yet actually works out roughly €36 cheaper?!?!!!Seriously confused at that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Taxes and such vary from airport to airport. All due to local charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

And ryanair also pay the taxes & charges on a bunch of thier flights

Just seems strange that they can charge taxes on a Monday but then charge none every other day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's not Ryanair who charge the taxes, it's the airport or airport authority.

Ah ok.is it normal for airports to change their taxes from day to day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

on some promotional fares ryanair absorb the taxes & fees themselves. on others they don't.

be happy you got a flight that has no taxes / fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Flicked through a few pages and am highly amused by some of the posts.

Ryanair are a low cost cheap budget airline. this year my family will make ten return fights, 6 to the uk and 4 to spain , total cost €700.to make the same amount of trips to dublin on the train would cost close on €500.

Yes they could improve a few things that wouldnt cost them much but at the end of the day you get exactly what you pay for ---- cheap flights.

Play ryanair rules and you get value, break their rules and you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

A blatent example of Ryanair disregard for their customers. Booked a flight to gran canaria, flying over was grand on the way back....the flight coming in due to land at 17:40pm and was due to leave again at 18:15pm...was never going to happen I know! Shock horror....delayed appears on the board with no gate number! About 10 mins later a gate number appeared and we went down to find there was no separate priority boarding queue! Now its not a huge deal but we paid the extra to allow us sit together etc and having paid extra were annoyed that we didn't have the option.
    So the whole plane is queued up in the one queue and the official comes out and announces that she would be admitting priority first and to come forward. Needless to say there was an ambush of people towards her even a number of customers pushing others out of the way so basically being there first meant nothing!
    At this stage we are delayed have been waiting and endured a crush and the official announces all bags must be checked in the hand luggage basket (usual I am aware) and there was no leeway with her despite the crush (alot of the priority boarders did not queue they just descended on her) going on and the fact we were delayed.
    The official was less than helpful despite the fact that their plane was delayed and that they hadn't organised the boarding gate into two queues as is usual!
    It left for a very annoyed planeful of travellers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

Shelflife wrote: »
    Flicked through a few pages and am highly amused by some of the posts.

Ryanair are a low cost cheap budget airline. this year my family will make ten return fights, 6 to the uk and 4 to spain , total cost €700.to make the same amount of trips to dublin on the train would cost close on €500.

Yes they could improve a few things that wouldnt cost them much but at the end of the day you get exactly what you pay for ---- cheap flights.

Play ryanair rules and you get value, break their rules and you dont.

I am definetly of the opinion that you can't expect luxury from Ryanair and have no issue with that. But not only had we paid €610 for the return flights but that included the extra for priority boarding! Whether they are a low cost airline or not surely when you pay extra for a separate queue then they can at least supply that!!

Advertisement