Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Priority boarding is really snakeoil and not worth paying for. In some places it only lets you onto a bus first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Haddockman wrote: »
    Priority boarding is really snakeoil and not worth paying for. In some places it only lets you onto a bus first.

exactly.

i was going on a ryanair flight (cost me 3 euro for the record :pac:), was my first flight ever on my own....
    Thought i was gonna be latish (lost track of time)...ended up sprinting to the departure area (dublin airport), less then ten minutes left before the time listed on my boarding card to be there by.....Saw two queues, piority...and the normal one which contained well..nobody. Everyone was sitting down, there was about 5 minutes to go..So i got the first place in the queue basically and first on after the piority, for the matter of a couple minutes standing.

Piority's such a waste.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Piority's such a waste.

So is queuing in the normal queue, you all arrive at your destination at the same time no matter how quick you get on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Regarding priority boarding, it depends on the airport as to whether it is a waste or not. In the likes of Berlin Schoenefeld and Dublin (they are the ones I know most about) it is does get you on the airplane first but it depends on the layout of the airport.

If I was going on the airplane with a group of people I would get one person to pay for priority boarding to hold the seats for everyone else in the group.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you are travelling alone, priority is always a waste. There is still a seat on the plane for you, even if you are last to board, and they have to find somewhere to stow your bag. And if you have your wits about you and dont mind standing in the normal queue for a bit, youll get on just after priority anyway if you join the normal queue early.

For the record, priority in Gatwick is a total waste. Most of the time they never check, and everyone waits in the one holding pen. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

See Priority boarding is very much important for people over 6foot as thier are limited seats ont he plane that have the leg room for you [12 at wing exits and 6 at the front of the plane]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

irish_goat wrote: »
    So is queuing in the normal queue, you all arrive at your destination at the same time no matter how quick you get on the plane.

Not strictly true, you can save minutes by being one of the first off the aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

i just booked a flight with ryanair only noticed afterwards that were you put your name details they have a sign in red saying name must match passport,

i nevernoticed this before or put my fulll name on my itienary only first and last and have never been stopped any help please a bit anxious now
    any clues ??

i just booked a flight with ryanair only noticed afterwards that were you put your name details they have a sign in red saying name must match passport,

i never ,noticed this before or put my fulll name on my itienary only first and last and have never been stopped any help please a bit anxious now
    any clues ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

faolteam wrote: »

i nevernoticed this before or put my fulll name on my itienary only first and last and have never been stopped any help please a bit anxious now
    any clues ??
    if you mean that your passport says john paul smith and you entered john smith on the ryanair website then you have nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i didnt notice it before

yea my name is Mark John Adams so i only put Mark Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I posted this on the wrong forum a few weeks back - still really curious if anyone has an answer.

Same thing happened when booking the mammy-in-laws flights... Price for 2 for €105 per person dearer so I booked them 1 by 1 & hey presto got them way cheaper.

Anyway heres the post

Is this a bit of a scam ?Im curious now.

Needed to book flights for 4 people. We checked each day to see had they decreased / increased.Today is day 5 & they flights went up by over €80 each so a bit of a hike when its 4 adults .

When I went back in & searched for x 2 instead of 4 the price reverted back to the original - with only 3 seats available at this price & me needing 4 . So I booked the 2. Went back in & checked & it said 1 seat available at this price.

Got a friend to check on her lap top & after I had booked the 2 it still said only 3 remaining (despite me booking 2 of them) on hers & only 1 left on mine. So drove to hers & booked the other 2 on her laptop. Hers then said 1 left. So is this a bit of a scam had i booked all 4 I would have paid €320 extra unknowingly. Do they have a sytem for remembering IP address or something??

Other thing that peed me was the €10 admin per person to pay for the thing.. How else do you pay for it ??

Delighted I beat the system & got the cheaper price but very curious now why is this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

lucy2010 wrote: »

Other thing that peed me was the €10 admin per person to pay for the thing.. How else do you pay for it ??

Prepaid Mastercard will incur no fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

johnciall wrote: »
    See Priority boarding is very much important for people over 6foot as thier are limited seats ont he plane that have the leg room for you [12 at wing exits and 6 at the front of the plane]

I am 6'4 and my legs are like Naomi Campbells. I always book priority boarding because without there is a good chance I will spend the flight sitting in a seat where the seat in front starts before my knee ends. IMO priority boarding is the best value you can get on Ryanair(after the costs of the flights).

If they charged 20 euro for me to sit in one of the aforementioned "larger" seats, I would happily pay it.

syklops wrote: »
    If they charged 20 euro for me to sit in one of the aforementioned "larger" seats, I would happily pay it.
    I believe that is what Aerlingus charge for the emergency exit seats if you prebook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

axer wrote: »
    I believe that is what Aerlingus charge for the emergency exit seats if you prebook them.

IMO, the non reclining seats on Ryanair are a godsend, I HATE when people recline their seat all the way back on top of your knees. Happened to me on an Air Malta flight. Guy pushed all the way back (I was asleep), seat got stuck on my knees so he started jumping on it, I woke up didnt know what was going on, lashed the seat in front of me, yer man flew forward and knocked all his stuff everywhere, laptop, coffee, food.

He didnt say anything for about an hour, then started trying to put the seat back again, I leant forward and said "Listen, theres no space, if you want to do that then move somewhere else.

Checked later and had 2 black lines over the tops of the knees, assh%le :mad:

Anyways, there are Airlines with less legroom that Ryanair, just so you know :)

Do any of Ryanair's seats recline?

Haddockman wrote: »
    Do any of Ryanair's seats recline?
    Nope, and I agree with keithclancy here - it is one of the best things about flying Ryanair. There is generally enough leg room on airplanes anyway (no worse that buses) as long as some f#@king edjit doesn't put their seat back on you.

I hate scenario's like keithclancy described which have happened to me countless times on Aerlingus flights - those ignorant f@#kers that put their seat back on top of someone without even looking back to see if there is enough room behind them.

It is a particularly hellish experience when a large American gentleman does that on a transatlantic flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Hey, so Im going to Spain next week with Ryanair. I've been to spain a few times and each time I had to do something with Spain... I think they wanted my details or something? I cant remember that well, but they wanted information that i HAD to give them otherwise i couldnt go. ryanair hasnt said anything about it to me, and theres nothing on their site or in their emails.

Did Spain get rid of this? What do I do? I dont want to turn up at the airport just to be turned back! Im flying on Monday so any advice on what I have to do would be very much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

muffinz wrote: »
    Hey, so Im going to Spain next week with Ryanair. I've been to spain a few times and each time I had to do something with Spain... I think they wanted my details or something? I cant remember that well, but they wanted information that i HAD to give them otherwise i couldnt go. ryanair hasnt said anything about it to me, and theres nothing on their site or in their emails.

Did Spain get rid of this? What do I do? I dont want to turn up at the airport just to be turned back! Im flying on Monday so any advice on what I have to do would be very much appreciated!!

ryanairapi.th.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Thanks a million :D So thats it? I just have to check in now and then im done :D

if i check in online and give my details etc and put in my full names on passport etc

will there be any problems if i only put the first and last name on when i originally booked it

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

So here we are.... went and lodged money to Payzone for prepaid mastercard an hour ago to cover some flights, not in my name.
    Booked, came in €50 less than I lodged, so money there.

But everytime i got through to confirmation page i was rejected due to card (Ques 1 - lodgement on a Saturday to payzone mastercard - does it not go through immediately ?)

So then I saw they accept Laser now, but with a 20 charge, so I said I'd use this, got it in, got to thank you for booking etc, with a reservation number and all, but with status 'Hold Cancelled'.... and pricing comes up as €0.

So I guess I've no flights, but what is the reservation number for ? Both cards have sufficent funds, why am i constantly rejected ? Don't seem to be doing anything wrong, and have tried 6 times now.... very frustrated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Can anyone advise what to do with Ryanair ticket name with one letter typo in Christian name and therefore different from passpost name. Will there be a problem/surcharge for this. Friend needs to fill out online booking and does not know whether to leave the typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Can anyone advise what to do with Ryanair ticket name with one letter typo in Christian name and therefore different from passpost name. Will there be a problem/surcharge for this. Friend needs to fill out online booking and does not know whether to leave the typo?

you can ring their customer service and they'll fix it free of charge, as its not a name change, just a typo fix. Also, you'd probably get away with it at the airport, but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

axer wrote: »
    I hate scenario's like keithclancy described which have happened to me countless times on Aerlingus flights - those ignorant f@#kers that put their seat back on top of someone without even looking back to see if there is enough room behind them.

But are plane seats not designed to go back with out interfering with the person behind's space????

Like even if you have your tray down and the person in front of you puts their seat down your tray tilts/slants so that it is still straight.

I don't understand what people's issue with seats going back is :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

amdublin wrote: »
    But are plane seats not designed to go back with out interfering with the person behind's space????

Like even if you have your tray down and the person in front of you puts their seat down your tray tilts/slants so that it is still straight.

I don't understand what people's issue with seats going back is :confused:

the tray stays level, but the headrest gets much closer to your face, it tilts over your tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

zuroph wrote: »
    the tray stays level, but the headrest gets much closer to your face, it tilts over your tray.

Yeah but it doesn't touch you or anything.... You can still lift your beverage to your mouth etc.

IMO it the back of the seat comes into "dead space" which you don't use anyway. Imo it is just a perception that it is affecting you, in actuality nothing changes.....aside from something being in a space that you do not use...

Advertisement