Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

lucy2010 wrote: »
    I dont really understand the luggage weight thing ?
    Is it for fuel ecomony - so they know how much weight there will be in advance ?
    But the dont ask for your body weight when your booking ?

For example my sis weighs about 6-8 stone heavier than me. Coming back from Italy I had overweight baggage. It was only 1 kg & the girl was super about it . But sis wasnt charged for being heavier...... Im not being cruel here but whats a kg or 2 in baggage weight when i maybe 10 kg lighter than the next person ....

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I recently traveled with Ryanair back from Carcasonne to Dublin.

The airport security told me that I would have to check hand baggage into the hold as it contained 70 m sports climbing rope, two climbing harnesses and about 8 quick draws (metal caribeener like devices), which I was told were prohibited in the cabin, they were polite but insistent. According to Ryanair these items are not prohibited.

Had to pay 35 bucks to get this in the hold :(

Do airport security rules change from airport to airport? I have brought this type of equipment in the hold from Dublin to Sicily and back again with Ryanair without charge only a few months ago. I don't imagine I have much recourse here.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

nompere wrote: »
    She was obviously a "silly cow" for not realising that lubie76 is much too important to have to follow the same rules as the rest of us lesser mortals!

Another example of the cute hoor, a mentality which permeats Ireland. If we put the sort of thinking implicit in cute hoorism into useful things we'd be grand. The really sick/sad part of this one is the need to tell the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

70 m sports climbing rope,
    I had a roll of standard black electrical insulation tape taken off me before -they said I might use it to tie up the pilot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

rubadub wrote: »
    I had a roll of standard black electrical insulation tape taken off me before -they said I might use it to tie up the pilot!
    Must have been a very weak pilot. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

GF just got sent a booking for a flight that had a passenger with the same name as her as one of a group of 4. could be a risky mistake to make on ryanairs part!

EDIT: NVM, customer error..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

zuroph wrote: »
    GF just got sent a booking for a flight that had a passenger with the same name as her as one of a group of 4. could be a risky mistake to make on ryanairs part!

Is probably the person that booked the flight put wrong email address on booking.

if you GF checks booking online she should be able to get phone number and advice that person with same name that they included wrong email address.

nava wrote: »
    Is probably the person that booked the flight put wrong email address on booking.

if you GF checks booking online she should be able to get phone number and advice that person with same name that they included wrong email address.

just got her to forward it to me for a look, and close.... the person that made the booking was forwarding the info email and sent it to the wrong email. mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Haddockman wrote: »
    They use average weights to calculate the passenger weight loading. The need the luggage weight also so the captain can work out the fuel needed and for safety reasons.
    Airlines have a 95-100kg per passenger guide including baggage. If by getting say half the passengers on a Ryanair flight to not have checked luggage that shaves off 10kg in reduced baggage per passenger then that is almost a reduction of 2 tonnes on a full 189 seat Ryanair flight. I believe that works out at about 200kgs of fuel per flight hour.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Heard, second hand, that two young girls were refused permission to board their ra flight yesterday after giving some lip to a member of staff who checked their bags. They were left weeping and stranded at the gate. Staff refused to reconsider following apologies, or to speak to the parents of the girls via mobile phone. Harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Oryx wrote: »
    Heard, second hand, that two young girls were refused permission to board their ra flight yesterday after giving some lip to a member of staff who checked their bags. They were left weeping and stranded at the gate. Staff refused to reconsider following apologies, or to speak to the parents of the girls via mobile phone. Harsh.

They'll know better next time then won't they

Oryx wrote: »

lol, if its true serves em right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Does anyone have any experience with the Ryanair Credit card?

Thinking of getting it, and trying to build up free flights, but im just curious. It makes you exmept from the far of the flight, not the taxes right?

So is it possible to use a free flight on a tax free flight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The free flights are a scam. You have to call up to use them and they are very hard to use. You would get better deals without the vouchers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hano

I Just bought tickets on ryanair.com to london, the total cost of these tickets was €120. This was a sale price, and to get that sale price i needed to book before midnight tonight.I placed my order at 11:30pm. Curiosity got the better of me, so after midnight I checked the price again. The tickets are now €32 cheaper in a different promotion. Is this common practice from Ryanair? if so should they not honour the difference out of good will?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It is very common to for Ryanair to change prices between promotions.. sometimes up and sometimes down. Have a look at this thread for a way to get a preview of the up and coming promotions

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2597811

They will not honour any difference in price

hano wrote: »
    I Just bought tickets on ryanair.com to london, the total cost of these tickets was €120. This was a sale price, and to get that sale price i needed to book before midnight tonight.I placed my order at 11:30pm. Curiosity got the better of me, so after midnight I checked the price again. The tickets are now €32 cheaper in a different promotion. Is this common practice from Ryanair? if so should they not honour the difference out of good will?

best thing to do is book at a price you're willing to pay, accept that you decided to pay that price, then never look again. After your post i checked one I booked last week, and sure enough, about 40€ of a saving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Anyone having trouble using online check-in? I've been trying to access it all day to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I've been trying last night and again tonight. Can't even get on the site tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

Hi People

Just to let everyone know if you have one of these cards beware they have gone bust

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Link, please?

I don't have a link but have a letter from Newcastle Building Society stating that as the Card Issuer they have taken the decision to withdraw all prepaid cards that are managed by program manager M-Cube Media The Closure of this service includes the Ryanair Prepaid Mastercard

There were problems with this card for the last 3 months where people had loaded money on them but they were'nt been credited and could'nt use them now we know why

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

razor_ryan wrote: »
    Ryanair Prepaid Mastercard

Is there such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

razor_ryan wrote: »
    Hi People

Just to let everyone know if you have one of these cards beware they have gone bust

Is that the crowd who do the Dublin City Gift Card too? I tried to load mine up at Ticketmaster yesterday but they told me the machines were down until Thursday. Just got one a couple of weeks back and luckily only loaded what much I needed on it so there's only a 4c loss is they're gone

Is there such a thing?

Not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Don't think there ever was a special Ryanair Prepaid Mastercard though, was there? It's just that Ryanair accept prepaid mastercards. Is there not a number of different firms doing prepaid mastercards? All of them should be accepted on Ryanair.

Im not aware of a ryanair prepaid mastercard..

zuroph wrote: »
    Im not aware of a ryanair prepaid mastercard..

There was a Ryanair Prepaid Mastercard launched last year membership was 95 euro per year and you also got 4 free flights for this

• Advertisement

any link? afaik it was a regular mastercard?

EDIT: NVM, found it. weird.

Advertisement