Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

Thank for the reply, have heard of other big airlines doing just thought it could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Hey I'm not going on a flight which I originally planned. It's with ryanair, it says here that I can get some tax back from the government. The cost is €20, but my taxes were €61 so I should get 40 back anyway. Can anyone direct me to the form I need to fill in?

The flight is booked for the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Hey I'm not going on a flight which I originally planned. It's with ryanair, it says here that I can get some tax back from the government. The cost is €20, but my taxes were €61 so I should get 40 back anyway. Can anyone direct me to the form I need to fill in?

The flight is booked for the 26th.
    " but you may apply in writing within one month of the date of original travel for the refund of any government taxes paid"

You have to write to them.. as in write a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    You have to write to them.. as in write a letter.
    Got an address handy by any chance? What will I say on the letter? Just that I booked and flight and couldn't go on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Not a state benefits issue. Moving to consumer issues.

possibly
    RYANAIR LIMITED
    Corporate Head Office
    Dublin Airport
    Co Dublin

Dear Sir/Madam,

flight: FR9698 Monday 27th November 2006 (Blackpool to Girona)
    Flight: FR9697 Wednesday 29th November 2006 (Girona to Blackpool)

I am writing to request a refund of fees as listed below. Myself and my travelling companion were unable to make this flight. As per EU legislation I am requesting these fees be returned to me as they were not incurred by Ryanair.

Payment details:

£31.24 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges
    £ 8.72 GBP Aviation / WCHR levy

Total £39.96.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I think they charge an admin fee for refunds though

I think they charge an admin fee for refunds though

yep, that's been said in the opening post

Merged with Ryanair Megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Hello. I have booked 2 return ticket with Ryanair for 2 people, and now one of us cant travel.

I have tried to find someone to travel with me, and pay the Ryanair namechange fee, i think its 100 euros.

But if i dont find anyone, i assume that i simple checkin myself to that flight? That should not cause any problems when its just 1 person flying instead of 2?

Have to ask, since Ryanair seems to have "special rules"for almost every situation..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

Should be no problem. I booked a flight a few weeks ago and then it turned out I couldn't fly til later that day. The price of a new ticket was less than the price to change my existing one, so I just booked the new ticket and flew on that. I didn't take the earlier flight and Ryanair never contacted me (they had my name, address, mobile and landline from my booking) and nothing ever happened from my not flying.

I realise that your case is a bit different because you bought both tickets in the same booking but it's no different than if your companion was intending to fly with you and simply missed the flight.

If you were both intending to travel together you would have had to do the online check-in cos Ryanair no longer wants to pay for the card that they used to use to print the boarding passes. So when you do the online check-in, just keep your boarding pass and you can check in just fine. There's no rule that says you have to check in together.

Also now that I think about it, I booked flights to London for my parents a few months ago and my mum decided to stay on for a week. So my Dad flew back alone and nobody said a word to him about where was my mum. And at that stage I had already done the online check-in for both of them for the return flight. Also nothing was said to my mum when she took her return flight a week later. So there'll be no problem about your companion not being with you. Can't speak for other Ryanair issues, but that's a different thread!

Also, they are now checking the hand luggage for size and weight so make sure yours is inside the thresholds unless you want to pay a €35 gate fee to have your hand luggage put in the hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

anyone think they might run the Skis go free offer again this year? Can anyone remember what time of the year it was they ran it last year? €80 to bring a snowboard bag is just too much, its cheaper to rent a board over there now, not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

finnteme wrote: »
    Ryanair seems to have "special rules"for almost every situation..:)

Of course they do.

So play them at their own game.

Only buy the "Free on-line check in" tickets and if you want flexibility when you want to go out or return, buy 2 of these tickets and simply don't turn up for the other flight. Consider it as "insurance", so if you later can't fly you haven't lost much.

Be flexible when you fly to get the cheapest seats, and consider how much you would save by flying to other nearby airports that might involve a train journey.

Ryanair always reduce prices about 6 weeks before the flight departure dates on all flights where there's greater than average seats left and then they only go in one direction (up) when they know future demand will exceed supply.

Get an entropay account. This avoids their credit card charges (except for a 4.95% loading fee. And you can also have a linked Visa Electron account which avoids Aer Lingus credit card charges.

Ryanair said today that their average flight price is €44 or €58 when adding all the ancilliary charges. Ask youself, do you want to be paying above or below the average?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

A couple of colleagues have told me that Ryanair's website tracks the IP addresses of computers that check the price of flights and that if you go back again from the same IP to check out the same flight, it will quote you a higher rate.

One woman I know insists this is true and will religiously check initial prices in work before booking off her home computer.

True or a modern urban legend?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Nah can't be true- I will often surf the sites before going back to ryanair and the price will still be the same

Merged into Ryanair megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

not true, but I HAVE seen that if they have 3 seats left at a lower fare, and you try book four, it will quote you the higher price for all four. so If booking for a group, its worth checking how much one seat costs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

zuroph wrote: »
    not true, but I HAVE seen that if they have 3 seats left at a lower fare, and you try book four, it will quote you the higher price for all four. so If booking for a group, its worth checking how much one seat costs first.

Worth remembering. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

TRUE!!!! I had to use another computer because they raised the price. It happened if you keep checking a few times. It did to be anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

A couple of colleagues have told me that Ryanair's website tracks the IP addresses of computers that check the price of flights and that if you go back again from the same IP to check out the same flight, it will quote you a higher rate.

One woman I know insists this is true and will religiously check initial prices in work before booking off her home computer.

tbh I've heard ALL airlines do this but I don't know if it's true or not...

re the entropay account, what option is it when paying? I can't see it on the dropdown menu on Ryanairs site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

padocon wrote: »
    TRUE!!!! I had to use another computer because they raised the price. It happened if you keep checking a few times. It did to be anyway!!
    dearg lady wrote: »

re the entropay account, what option is it when paying? I can't see it on the dropdown menu on Ryanairs site

It is true, I just tested it. Those who are getting the same prices may be switching off their routers before re-checking. (Eircom, Vodafone, Mobile BB are all dynamic IP)

I, on the other hand, have a permanent static IP and I checked and rechecked-3 times-flights. On the third attempt, they went up.

Move to another machine and use my mobile broadband dongle, bang in the same flights and times, first price I was quoted came up.

I did not clear cookies between attempts. I will try clearing cookies between attempts later.

Apologies if I have just ramped up anyones' flights! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Select "Mastercard Prepaid", you can get a Mastercard Prepaid on the Entopay website: www.entropay.com

Entropay call the card Prepaid Plastic Mastercard:
    https://www.entropay.com/prepaid-mastercard.php

Using this card will save 10 Euro per person per return flight. However, it only makes sense to use this card when the total cost is low, as you pay 4.95% to load up the card. So for example if the Ryan air flight price is 20 Euro, of course it makes sense to use it, as the loading charge is only around 1 Euro. However if the flight price is 250 Euro, the loading charge would be 12.38 Euro which is more expensive than it would cost to pay by a normal credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

It is true, I just tested it. Those who are getting the same prices may be switching off their routers before re-checking. (Eircom, Vodafone, Mobile BB are all dynamic IP)

I, on the other hand, have a permanent static IP and I checked and rechecked-3 times-flights. On the third attempt, they went up.

Move to another machine and use my mobile broadband dongle, bang in the same flights and times, first price I was quoted came up.

I did not clear cookies between attempts. I will try clearing cookies between attempts later.

Apologies if I have just ramped up anyones' flights! :D
    Are you sure that it is not that Ryanair hold seats temporarily for passengers until their session times out. Other wise you could get people to book out an entire flight for the lowest price by getting them all to book at the same time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ryanair.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

fafy wrote: »
    Select "Mastercard Prepaid", you can get a Mastercard Prepaid on the Entopay website: www.entropay.com

Entropay call the card Prepaid Plastic Mastercard:
    https://www.entropay.com/prepaid-mastercard.php

Using this card will save 10 Euro per person per return flight. However, it only makes sense to use this card when the total cost is low, as you pay 4.95% to load up the card. So for example if the Ryan air flight price is 20 Euro, of course it makes sense to use it, as the loading charge is only around 1 Euro. However if the flight price is 250 Euro, the loading charge would be 12.38 Euro which is more expensive than it would cost to pay by a normal credit card.

so when I set up the Entropay account, that's not enough, I have to also order a Mastercard prepaid card??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gaa_fan

I have a static IP address. I checked the price of the same flight 10 times in a row. The price did not change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Talk about paranoia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

so when I set up the Entropay account, that's not enough, I have to also order a Mastercard prepaid card??
    Yes, and it will cost you €7.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Haddockman wrote: »
    Yes, and it will cost you €7.50.

€7.50 for a 2 year card plus a few cents in transaction charges is far better than €5 per flight.

Advertisement