Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

gaa_fan wrote: »
    I have a static IP address. I checked the price of the same flight 10 times in a row. The price did not change.

Did you pick a popular route or one that wasn't from Dublin?

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You picked one that wasn't from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hope i am in correct place to post this Ryanair query?

I was booked to fly out to Spain last Wednesday and was due to fly back tomorow (Sunday).

I didnt fly as i was sick in hospital all week.

The hospital wrote me a letter to use for refunding flights, i also have travel insurance.

Should i just forget about contacting Ryanair for a refund and just go directly to my travel insurance? any advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Only deal with your insurance. Ryanair will not refund you even with a doctors letter.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Should i just forget about contacting Ryanair for a refund and just go directly to my travel insurance? any advice appreciated.

Yes, that is what travel insurance is for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gaa_fan

Did you pick a popular route or one that wasn't from Dublin?

I did.

Are you suggesting that the paranoia is justified on some routes but not on others?

I have flown over 40 times with Ryanair this year. On no occasion have I come across evidence in the booking process to support your conspiracy theory.

Are you suggesting that the paranoia is justified on some routes but not on others?

I have flown over 40 times with Ryanair this year. On no occasion have I come across evidence in the booking process to support your conspiracy theory.

I regularly fly with Ryanair also. I suppose you are also going to tell me that prices don't change from time to time either?

Once I booked flights for a few of us to Holland and then I suggested other friends do the same as the deal was exceptional. They tried to book, within one hour of me, and the price had gone up eight fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I regularly fly with Ryanair also. I suppose you are also going to tell me that prices don't change from time to time either?

Once I booked flights for a few of us to Holland and then I suggested other friends do the same as the deal was exceptional. They tried to book, within one hour of me, and the price had gone up eight fold.

thats not what you were describing. of course prices go up, this is ryanairs entire business model. they sell cheap seats and then push the prices up as the flight fills. they also drop all prices by percentage from time to time.

you admit you had bought seats for a number of people, so naturally, the price goes up after.

Ryanair even tell you these days how many seats are left available at the price you are booking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gaa_fan

Look, you postulated a conspiracy theory, I responded to say that I could find no evidence to suggest that this was occurring.

If you consider this a personal attack then that's your problem. Perhaps if you were to use a less condescending tone in your posts people might be more willing to listen to you.

I am no longer replying to your posts, I didn't realise I was feeding a troll by doing so and frankly I haven't got the time to waste on trolls. Enjoy your flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Surely it's just availability? Ryanair only make a certain no. of seats on every flight available at the low price - say 10. These get booked. When you first check, there is one available. When you check an hour later, someone else has got the last 'cheap' seat, and you are quoted for the next-cheapest tranche. No conspiracy, and no hassle for Ryanair to try and program their systems with awkward artificial intelligence algorithms - just normal supply and demand.

• Advertisement

Look, you postulated a conspiracy theory, I responded to say that I could find no evidence to suggest that this was occurring.

If you consider this a personal attack then that's your problem. Perhaps if you were to use a less condescending tone in your posts people might be more willing to listen to you.

I am no longer replying to your posts, I didn't realise I was feeding a troll by doing so and frankly I haven't got the time to waste on trolls. Enjoy your flights.

Who said anything about a personal attack?

You're very defensive for some reason. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

axer wrote: »
    Are you sure that it is not that Ryanair hold seats temporarily for passengers until their session times out. Other wise you could get people to book out an entire flight for the lowest price by getting them all to book at the same time.

Maybe that's what they do. I'd like to try an experiment with say 20 people when(if) they have their 1 cent flights again to see if we could book the whole plane for 189 cent. Don't think it would work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

Dublin airport was closed for two hours 0600-0800 today Nov 27th due to snow. Obviously there were delays throughout the day due to this. However I noticed that Aer Lingus cancelled up to 10 flights ( one or two to Heathrow where alternatives would have been available but others to Munich, Warsaw, etc which would have severely inconvenienced people) while Ryanair seemed to cancel only one I think. I would have thought that the reverse would have been more likely to happen but maybe it's that I'm conditioned by the media to expect the worst from Ryanair.

Irish Times website:
    There are a number delays to flights arriving and departing from Dublin airport this evening after the main runway was shut twice to allow ice and snow to be removed.

As a result, Aer Lingus has cancelled 32 flights and a spokeswoman said there were delays on a number of others. Passengers are advised to check the airline's website for updates. Ryanair's website also lists delays to a number of flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dring wrote: »
    Dublin airport was closed for two hours 0600-0800 today Nov 27th due to snow. Obviously there were delays throughout the day due to this. However I noticed that Aer Lingus cancelled up to 10 flights ( one or two to Heathrow where alternatives would have been available but others to Munich, Warsaw, etc which would have severely inconvenienced people) while Ryanair seemed to cancel only one I think. I would have thought that the reverse would have been more likely to happen but maybe it's that I'm conditioned by the media to expect the worst from Ryanair.

Irish Times website:
    There are a number delays to flights arriving and departing from Dublin airport this evening after the main runway was shut twice to allow ice and snow to be removed.

As a result, Aer Lingus has cancelled 32 flights and a spokeswoman said there were delays on a number of others. Passengers are advised to check the airline's website for updates. Ryanair's website also lists delays to a number of flights.

Last Christmas I flew home for a few days. Aer Lingus wound up being about 20 euro cheaper so I flew with them. Due to the weather my flight was delayed for over 5 hours. The Ryanair flights were delayed for 10 minutes. From that experience, I vowed never fly AL again if Ryanair was also an option.

Prague airport is a very expensive place to be stranded. More so than Dublin.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Had a flight cancelled this week with RA, and when I tried, using the link they sent me, to rebook, the only option that allowed me to rebook was change flights. But at the end of the booking there was a E70 change flights fee added, and the flights were charged for then discounted by the amount I paid for the cancelled flight. So it would have cost me E130 to change a flight which they cancelled.

Yeah, right. Ive applied for a refund instead. Lets see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Oryx wrote: »
    Had a flight cancelled this week with RA, and when I tried, using the link they sent me, to rebook, the only option that allowed me to rebook was change flights. But at the end of the booking there was a E70 change flights fee added, and the flights were charged for then discounted by the amount I paid for the cancelled flight. So it would have cost me E130 to change a flight which they cancelled.

Yeah, right. Ive applied for a refund instead. Lets see how that goes.

Reading the below from the Ryanair website looks like it should be free to change.
    PLEASE NOTE: If your booking includes a flight which has not been cancelled you will be UNABLE to transfer that specific flight (the unaffected flight) to a alternative date without a charge. To rebook the unaffected flight free of charge you will need to call our UK or Irish call centre and they will transfer the flight for you. For call centre opening hours (see below for contact details).

nava wrote: »
    Reading the below from the Ryanair website looks like it should be free to change.
    The link to transfer foc expires tomorrow, Sunday (as per their email, anyway). The national rate helpline is weekdays only, the other number which is 95c per minute went unanswered 3 times, but it was an internal ringing so Im sure I was charged anyway. The email link they provided to change foc was what I used, and which led to the change flights charge.

So I cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi yesterday I was due to fly from Manhcester to Dublin Airport at 5.40pm. Flight delayed til 6.30.. grand could deal with that.

We boarded & no movement. At 7 the pilot came on & said the engine was frozen due to cold weather & we needed a de icer machine. There is only one in the airport & we are in the q for it.

Every 45 mins he'd come on saying it would be another 20 mins. Then that would pass & same again.:mad:

At 9.30 (3 hours still sitting on place) captain says anyone wanting to dispatch the plane can.. but if you do you cannot re-board. That was it.. No options no explanation?? Every1 freaking out as you can imagine .. very frustrating.
    At 10pm he came on & said de icer machine was here & we'd be on way soon.
    10.30 we took off (4 hours after boarding) & landed safely.

Does anybody know if compensation is due or maybe if this was to happen again what sort of rights does one have? If we did dispatch the plane when pilot offered would we have been put up? Another flight sorted?
    It was so poorly explained we just didn't know what to do.

Any one who could shed any light be great!!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I think if you're delayed more than 2 hours you're entitled to at least a cup of tea, whether you dispatch or do not dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Hi all,
    Booked flights this evening, no confirmation email received yet, 4 hours have passed.

Two things -
    First, I recently started using Gmail and I'm afraid the filters might have been blocking it, but I allowed exception for "itinerary/at/ryanair/dot/com" and still hasn't come through.
    Secondly, I have booked flights numerous times before on this same credit card number, but my billing address and security number have changed as my card was renewed and I moved house since the last time I bought flights.
    Would either of those factors delay the arrival of a confirmation email?

Also, I've gone back to Ryanair's website and chosen "Manage my booking", hoping to retrieve Reservation Number and other details just in case I'd given the wrong email, but I can sign into that facility no problem, so it's definitely not the email address.
    Next to my Flight Reservation Number the booking page reads "Status: Not Confirmed" and beneath "Booking is not confirmed until you receive email itinerary."
    Any one any idea what could be behind this delay? The flight isn't for another 6 weeks, when should I get in touch, probably during the 15 day check-in window?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

upmeath wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Booked flights this evening, no confirmation email received yet, 4 hours have passed.

Two things -
    First, I recently started using Gmail and I'm afraid the filters might have been blocking it, but I allowed exception for "itinerary/at/ryanair/dot/com" and still hasn't come through.
    Secondly, I have booked flights numerous times before on this same credit card number, but my billing address and security number have changed as my card was renewed and I moved house since the last time I bought flights.

Also, I've gone back to Ryanair's website and chosen "Manage my booking", hoping to retrieve Reservation Number and other details just in case I'd given the wrong email, but I can sign into that facility no problem, so it's definitely not the email address.
    Next to my Flight Reservation Number the booking page reads "Status: Not Confirmed" and beneath "Booking is not confirmed until you receive email itinerary."
    Any one any idea what could be behind this delay? The flight isn't for another 6 weeks, when should I get in touch, probably during the 15 day check-in window?

Ring the CC company and check for charges.

BOI were having card issues yesterday, is you cc with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

upmeath wrote: »
    Hi all,

Two things -

same has happened to me for a flight in January
    I can see it's booked on "Manage my booking" as I had the foresight to write down the booking number due to non-arrival of confirmation emails in the past.
    They'll email you with a check-in reminder before you fly anyway I bet

Check your spambox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

foundry wrote: »
    Hi yesterday I was due to fly from Manhcester to Dublin Airport at 5.40pm. Flight delayed til 6.30.. grand could deal with that.

We boarded & no movement. At 7 the pilot came on & said the engine was frozen due to cold weather & we needed a de icer machine. There is only one in the airport & we are in the q for it.

Every 45 mins he'd come on saying it would be another 20 mins. Then that would pass & same again.:mad:

At 9.30 (3 hours still sitting on place) captain says anyone wanting to dispatch the plane can.. but if you do you cannot re-board. That was it.. No options no explanation?? Every1 freaking out as you can imagine .. very frustrating.
    At 10pm he came on & said de icer machine was here & we'd be on way soon.
    10.30 we took off (4 hours after boarding) & landed safely.

Does anybody know if compensation is due or maybe if this was to happen again what sort of rights does one have? If we did dispatch the plane when pilot offered would we have been put up? Another flight sorted?
    It was so poorly explained we just didn't know what to do.

Any one who could shed any light be great!!!

Thanks!
    I think if you're delayed more than 2 hours you're entitled to at least a cup of tea, whether you dispatch or do not dispatch.

Had the same thing in Manchester this time last year, runway was closed due to de icing it, was sitting on plane after two hour delay,delayed for another four hours all we were offered was water...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

My brother and I are due to fly from Knock to Stansted on Wednesday. My brother is snowed in and we can't get to the airport. :(

To change the flight dates through 'Manage your booking' will be €100 on top of what I have already paid. There is also a possibility that the flight will be cancelled as there is heavy snow predicted for SE England on Wednesday.

My question is:

How long before we are due to fly out on Wednesday afternoon can I change the booking? As if the flight is cancelled, I can re-schedule for free. Can I wait until Wednesday morning to see if the flight is cancelled and if it hasn't been, can I change the booking or will it be too late by then and I lose my money?

Sorry for the long winded question! :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

To get any refund or reduction/waiving of change fees your flight must be cancelled or delayed for more than 2 hours.

If it's not cancelled then if you don't catch it you lose it all. At this rate I'd day you have a pretty good chance of the flight not proceeding (and younmay find out before you need to leave for the airport as they often blanket cancel all flights to/from certain airports early in the morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your reply.

So it wouldn't be too late to leave it until early Wednesday morning before changing the flights/seeing if the flight has been cancelled or delayed?

I haven't checked in online yet, BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

When do RA have a sale on June travel?

• Advertisement

I would say April and May

Advertisement