Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Zab wrote: »
    Well, they don't include the tax but are you saying they include this levy?

(edit: come to think of it I may not be thinking of the "advertised price" per se which is probably what you're talking about)

yip, advertised price is only ever the lowest actual available rate at start of promotion, and if it doesnt include tax and charge its because there is fares available without. the levy will also have to be included in prices, unless they leave some promo fares exempt.

the first time you see a price on the website after checking dates, the flight is listed and so are the taxes and charges. I presume the levy will be added at this point also, on step 1 of the booking process.

TBF to Ryanair, they are very upfront about the unavoidable charges. every charge after that page can be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I see Ryanair aren't actually applying their €2 compensation levy to their "Free On-line check-in" fares. How bizarre! Free compensation to those that already have a low fare and are more likely to benefit from getting a refund of many times their initial outlay in the event of a freak weather, but another layer of charges to those in the higher fare brackets, who are less sensitive to it

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Sorry if this has been discussed before but Ive tried to find it but couldn't.

I really need answers with baggage problems with Ryanair.
    My friends and I have booked a holiday for the end of May but we had planned to just bring cabin baggage, now we have changed our minds and want to bring a suitcase each (no more than 15kg).

The questions are how do we go about it and what are the charges?

I keep getting different answers.
    Ive been told that because we booked online without saying we're bringing a suitcase, we will be charged extra to bring a suitcase.

I presume we go to "Manage my booking" on the website but what are the charges?
    Another friend just told me she was fined 70euro for her 15kg suitcase at the airport. That has freaked me out.
    I cannot afford that.

Then we've seen that its only 35euro for a 15kg suitcase if you do it online.

Does anybody know which it is? I would ring Ryanair only the call costs 95cent per minute!!!

Id really appreciate any advice/answers. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

all info is here

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/information-regarding-online-check-in-airport-check-in-and-checked-baggage-fees

€15 each way can be booked up to 4 hours before departure

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Do it online as it's far cheaper.

Go into "Manage Booking" and then select to add either a 15KG or a 20KG bag costing €15/25 respectively.

Don't show up to the airport with bags heavier than that or you will get charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

On the Ryanair homepage there is a "Fees" section which lists the baggage fee applicable to your booking. A quick look shows it should cost €15 per bag per flight if it weighs 15kg or less. You can pay for the bag online up to 4 hrs before your flight, using the "Manage my booking" section. Waiting until arriving at the airport to do this will raise the cost to €35 each way. That prob explains the €70 your friend was "fined" / charged.

If you are intent on checking in a bag, sort it out online first as waiting until arrival at the airport will only increase the charge.

Thank you so much all of you.

That sounds fine to me...not too bad. I would've went mad if I was charged 70 euro at the airport. Ok, Ill get my friend to do that for us (she has the credit card ;)).

Is it just me or are Ryanair sooo confusing and greedy? Maybe its just me.

Thanks again everybody. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Bubs99 wrote: »
    Thank you so much all of you.

That sounds fine to me...not too bad. I would've went mad if I was charged 70 euro at the airport. Ok, Ill get my friend to do that for us (she has the credit card ;)).

Is it just me or are Ryanair sooo confusing and greedy? Maybe its just me.

Thanks again everybody. :D

If they weren't around you'd be paying far more to fly from A to B.

Yeah, Aer lingus etc were alot more expensive. I just find Ryanair confusing. I have also just found out that the total for our 15kg luggage will be 35 euro becuase we fly out to Portugal in May but return the 1st June so get charged more.

Fingers crossed I get no more shock hidden charges. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

When are Ryanair having their summer sale? I want to go away in June and I've been checking the site non stop for around two months but prices are pretty much staying the same.

I noticed today that they have a €9.99 one way sale for May & June to be booked by midnight tomorrow, but I checked several destinations (mostly Eastern Europe) and the prices are still the same since February.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chriscochrane

Sometimes if you clear cookies from your browser you get different (lower) prices on Ryanair ... worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Want to book a flight to Sweden in Dec for a family party. The timetable isn't up yet on the website. Anyone any idea when the publish it?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spannerotoole

Seem to be posted as and when they feel like it, and of course, remember that they are subject to change without prior notice.

The Ryanair website has been totally revamped, about time too! Trouble is prices have seemed to have taken a step jump :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Raekwon wrote: »
    The Ryanair website has been totally revamped, about time too! Trouble is prices have seemed to have taken a step jump :(

Try flushing your cookies and cash. It can sometimes help.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The flight query portal is the same as it was, just a few subtle user differences, and it brings you to the same old quote screen as before. Prices for a flight I checked last week are identical today.

I have Firefox set to flush my cookies/browsing history etc whenever I close it.

Yeah my bad about the total revamp, it's just the home screen that got a facelift but it's a welcome improvement IMO, much neater looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Woah! That's bright! Kinda miss the old layout..

It looks like they used a similar template to Aer Lingus site with the onus on being user friendly and accessible for the visually impaired ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

At least they seem to have got rid of that annoying bug that meant that if you chose your outward journey, it wouldn't default your return journey to the same date (and leave it at the current date) and then tell you that your return journey must be after your outward journey.

In attempting to make the text easier to read they've just trippled the size of the page, but at least now you don't need to see most of the Ads. The yellow is very cheap looking and the stripes might send you dizzy. If only they had modelled it on the Aer Lingus website, and just got rid of all the clutter, and kept it on one page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

at least the return journey date moves to outbound date

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

They've also introduced the ability to reserve seats in rows 1, 2, 16 and 17. It costs €10 per flight per person, and includes priority boarding. It's currently only available on the Dublin/Gatwick and Dublin/Malaga routes.

Be warned though, if choosing this option don't choose to buy priority boarding, they would then double charge you for the priority boarding as it's already included in the seat reservation price. A cynical person would say this is a deliberate bug in the booking process....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 frogeyes

Hey so I thought I was just going to bring cabin baggage, then changed my mind to getting the 15kg one.

Flights Dubling-London Stansted (return) and London Stansted-Klagenfurt Austria(return)

Booked 15kg luggage for Dublin-London Stansted flight, 15 euro each way, so 30euro altogether..

Then go in to book baggage for Stansted-Klagenfurt flight and it says that I have already booked a 15kg flight at like 36euro with the exchange rate for both coming in and going out.

What is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

At least they seem to have got rid of that annoying bug that meant that if you chose your outward journey, it wouldn't default your return journey to the same date (and leave it at the current date) and then tell you that your return journey must be after your outward journey.

In attempting to make the text easier to read they've just trippled the size of the page, but at least now you don't need to see most of the Ads. The yellow is very cheap looking and the stripes might send you dizzy. If only they had modelled it on the Aer Lingus website, and just got rid of all the clutter, and kept it on one page.

Please don't model anything on Aer Lingus, with their stupid pop-up asking you what country you're from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

frogeyes wrote: »
    Hey so I thought I was just going to bring cabin baggage, then changed my mind to getting the 15kg one.

Flights Dubling-London Stansted (return) and London Stansted-Klagenfurt Austria(return)

Booked 15kg luggage for Dublin-London Stansted flight, 15 euro each way, so 30euro altogether..

Then go in to book baggage for Stansted-Klagenfurt flight and it says that I have already booked a 15kg flight at like 36euro with the exchange rate for both coming in and going out.

What is going on??

I find it difficult to understand your last paragraph, but are you querying why you're being charged €36 instead of €30?

When paying flights from Stansted airport last year, I noticed the fee in euro was much higher than it would have been given that particular day's exchange rate but I was offered the option to decline that rate and to accept the standard exchange rate - to which they had a warning the standard exchange rate could be higher than Ryanair's! Yes, as if :sarcasm:

So it looks like you are being charged £30 sterling, at Ryanair's exchange rate!

It's just a profit-making ploy by Ryanair, but you should be offered the option to decline it!

I also hate the way both Aer Lingus & Ryanair have their default holding pages set to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 4theVoiceless

I was booking flights to France for our 3 kids and 2 adults. I wanted to compare prices for going from Knock to France via the UK with going from Dublin direct. So....
    · Booked the UK to France leg at €410
    · Next opened a fresh Google page and started to check Dublin to France direct. By accident I actually booked the flight and to add insult to injury entered jumbled names to speed things up e.g. “fhj;ijdfk”. Total cost (parking, name changes!!, etc) will be €2,100.
    · Did not book the Knock to UK which would be €260.
    Tried to cancel the Dublin journey to cut losses to €1,430 but:
    · RyanAir’s small print says “no refunds on cancellations”
    · AIB Visa cannot cancel as payments already gone through.

Suggestions would be gratefully appreciated for cancelling Dublin flights e.g. is selling tickets on e-bay an option, legal, etc.
    From (an embarrassed) “4theVoiceless”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Phone Ryanair and beg.
    Since the flights are in made up names,nobody can use them so that may help.

I'm resisting the temptation to ask wtf?

I have made a date mistake in the past and they sorted it.
    There may be a fee,but better than 2000 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

All else fails just get a doctors note.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Report your credit card stolen, tis the only way. But WTF :(

Advertisement