Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

zuroph wrote: »
    I'd bring laptop in carry on anyway, that way you can protect it from getting damaged. Getting on the flight all your carry on has to be in one bag, no seperate duty free or handbags

Ryanair have agreements with a lot of airports now that they will allow one bag of purchases from airside shopping (Duty Free) in addition to your own bag.

This is definitely signposted in Liverpool and I think Birmingham also. I haven't seen anything official in Dublin but several times in the last few months I've brought shopping bags with me from Curry's, Boots etc in departures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

hardCopy wrote: »
    Ryanair have agreements with a lot of airports now that they will allow one bag of purchases from airside shopping (Duty Free) in addition to your own bag.

This is definitely signposted in Liverpool and I think Birmingham also. I haven't seen anything official in Dublin but several times in the last few months I've brought shopping bags with me from Curry's, Boots etc in departures.

Yeah, they announced this at the gate in Manchester when I was coming through last week. Bit annoying only telling you then since I'd just half repacked my bag to cram everything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Yes same arrangement at Bristol. But you could easily miss the signs saying so from force of habit of ignoring the shop area and meanwhile there are announcements from Ryanair saying one piece of luggage per person etc. Useful to have the plastic bag for scarf/hat/newspaper etc. Meanwhile they insisted that I put a tiny 'bumbag' in my main bag. At this time of year lighter clothes are the order of the day and generally means no pockets so nuisance as to where to put those few small things you like to have to hand not least of which the passport/money etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Yes same arrangement at Bristol. But you could easily miss the signs saying so from force of habit of ignoring the shop area and meanwhile there are announcements from Ryanair saying one piece of luggage per person etc. Useful to have the plastic bag for scarf/hat/newspaper etc. Meanwhile they insisted that I put a tiny 'bumbag' in my main bag. At this time of year lighter clothes are the order of the day and generally means no pockets so nuisance as to where to put those few small things you like to have to hand no least of which the passport/money etc.
    Would you not wear the bumbag instead?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive been told to put a sandwich (in a tiny sandwich bag) in my main luggage in Dublin. I ate it on the plane anyway. :) No arrangement there yet as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

So whats the craic with in flight charges? Still through the roof for cold tea? Do you have to pay for the toilet, or was that just bullsh!t?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that toilet thing was bull****. the tea is €3 I think, and its damn good, really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

sambora wrote: »
    So whats the craic with in flight charges? Still through the roof for cold tea? Do you have to pay for the toilet, or was that just bullsh!t?
    I think they are pretty much the same charges as any other airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

jonnny68 wrote: »
    just fly Aer Lingus to Manc and get the train to Leeds.

That enough for you..............:eek:

Just to prove a point here:

21-26 July, DUB-LBA, Ryanair 97.87 return
    21-26 July, DUB-MAN, Aer Lingus 49.98. Train MAN-Leeds £21 return.

So, DUB-MAN and train could well in fact be cheaper than DUB-LBA alot of the time I surmise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ryanair are frequently not cheapest as shown by the above example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

True. That said, the last 2 times I flew with another Air Line because it was cheaper, I was delayed for 4 hours the first time, and the second time Aer Lingus went on strike and I spent half my holiday wondering if i would get home on time.

Now I just travel EI for the piece of mind that I will actually get there, and I will be reasonably on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So, DUB-MAN and train could well in fact be cheaper than DUB-LBA alot of the time I surmise

I get the Ryanair flight to come in at €54.98 return and the AL one €61.98 return on those dates [there is a €12 unavoidable handling fee with AL].

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ryanair are frequently not cheapest as shown by the above example.

Not in my experience of flying between Scotland and Dublin. The figures in the example are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They tend to be dearer than AL on certain routes. Particularly long distance routes to eastern europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They tend to be dearer than AL on certain routes. Particularly long distance routes to eastern europe.
    Can you throw up a sample comparison of all weekends in October and November so we can let the facts be known? Out Friday, back Sunday. Thanks.

Screen shots are probably best.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Anyone travelled with Trunki's (http://www.trunki.com/) as hand luggage on Ryanair?

Wondering if they fit, will they try to throw them in the hold for extra $$$ etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Anyone travelled with Trunki's (http://www.trunki.com/) as hand luggage on Ryanair?

Wondering if they fit, will they try to throw them in the hold for extra $$$ etc etc etc.

Yes, many times. They fit perfectly within the Ryanair cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Do i have to cancel my flights or is it if i just don't turn up for a flight i am entitled to a refund,

Can anyone please advise me here - I haven't been able to source the information on the ryanair website - its a mystery to me

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Well if it's just that you can't or don't want to go on the flight then you won't get any refund. You could do a name change on the flights but it will come at a cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dball wrote: »
    Do i have to cancel my flights or is it if i just don't turn up for a flight i am entitled to a refund,

Can anyone please advise me here - I haven't been able to source the information on the ryanair website - its a mystery to me

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    You apply for the refund if you for whatever reason do not fly, but the admin charge may be higher than the refund!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The refund is only for the taxes afaik so its usually not worth the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

there is a €12 unavoidable handling fee with AL

An Entropay account gives you the joint facility of a prepaid Mastercard for Ryanair and a Virtual Visa (aka Visa Electron) account for Aer Lingus, thus avoiding all handling fees, except for a 3.95% / 4.95% loading fee, which if you buy cheap tickets, is far less than the €6 they charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

your right it can be on occasions and i have done this a few times before to avoid flying with swineair even once (and LBA) It can work out even cheaper if i just get the train into Manc city centre and get the national express to Leeds, book in advance and you can get £2 one way fares;)

So will the Neteller card not work with Aer Lingus then :confused: i didn't know that actually, booked more flights with swineair today (that must be 50+ flights this year already:eek:) no danger of them ever coming out with any type of loyalty scheme like other airlines:rolleyes: still the Neteller card has saved me a packet,best thing ive got in a long time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

bought a 737 of ryanair, turbo went after 5k miles, what are my rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

dell1211 wrote: »
    bought a 737 of ryanair, turbo went after 5k miles, what are my rights?

Was it this one by any chance ?! ;)

3755261960_12a6c292de.jpg

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanennis21

hi, i checked in online for my flight to gran canaria in 2 weeks and it only gave me the outbound boarding pass not the return one does that mean that i have to check in again for the return one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

hi, i checked in online for my flight to gran canaria in 2 weeks and it only gave me the outbound boarding pass not the return one does that mean that i have to check in again for the return one?

Yes, you have to wait 15 days before your flight departure date before you can check-in. If you are only going for a week or two check in before you leave.

Advertisement