Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Just about to book lanzarote and the ****ing site went down. Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

greenman09 wrote: »
    Just about to book lanzarote and the ****ing site went down. Bastards

Bought €100 in vouchers last week. Site went down at booking page. Said to check email to see if it went through, so I did and it hadn't. Bought again, got confirmation on site and three hours later, two confirmations by email. Now have €200 in vouchers. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Has anyone any experience on how long it takes the customer service dept. to get back to you after sending a letter to the Swords PO box? Also sent fax over a week ago but no response to letter or fax...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Hello,

tl;dr - booked flight, need to change date, keep getting error. Possible to switch baggage from current flight to a new flight which I may book? - will save money.

I have a one-way flight booked with Ryanair, however it turns out that I can't fly on that date now.

I tried to log into 'Manage My Booking' and change the date but for some reason it says 'error' even though it lets me log in if I try to add baggage etc (basically it lets me log into Manage Booking for anything other than change flight details).

What I was thinking was - if I were to book a new flight, is there anyway I can take the bag I've booked with the current flight and change it to this potentially new one which I may book? It costs 40 Euro to change flight date, whereas a new flight would be only 20 Euro or thereabouts.

Can anyone help?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can't move the luggage over and if I remember correctly (and it was a while ago) you need to call them to do a flight change.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    You can't move the luggage over and if I remember correctly (and it was a while ago) you need to call them to do a flight change.

Thanks for the reply.

If you have to ring them to change flights, then why do they have the option on Manage Booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 T1961D

Anyone had this experience or can help or advise what to do?

I was trying to book a flight using a free flight voucher today on Ryanairs site and i got to the final payment stage where you can enter your voucher code and lost my internet connection. Now the kicker when i go back to book the flight the voucher code has already been retrieved even though i never completed the booking WTF??

T1961D wrote: »
    Anyone had this experience or can help or advise what to do?

I was trying to book a flight using a free flight voucher today on Ryanairs site and i got to the final payment stage where you can enter your voucher code and lost my internet connection. Now the kicker when i go back to book the flight the voucher code has already been retrieved even though i never completed the booking WTF??

Call them and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you. Use this number, won't cost much: (01) 8121212 (back open on Monday).

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

I heard a rumour that they are canelling the ski route to Grenoble this winter anybody hear anything about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Yano how there's a 100ml limit on liquids?

See if I have a 125ml bottle that's half full, will it be allowed on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

d.anthony wrote: »

no, the security at the gates just look for the capacity of the bottle. if it's over 100ml, it won't be let through.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TinyT

d.anthony wrote: »

I've seen people been stopped for having a less than full bottle. They seem to go by the bottle or container rather than the actual contents. Saw a lady arguing like mad with them about this, but they weren't having any of it.

Just checked the dublin airport website, it says:
    Only liquids in containers of 100ml or less, fitting comfortably into a one litre transparent plastic bag (approximately 20cm x 20cm) when fully closed, are permitted. This transparent bag, with containers of 100ml should then be presented at the passenger security screening area

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I took a yogurt as I often do for quick meal but was caught at security as over the 100 ml... just! I consumed it on the spot :) Also you cannot even take an EMPTY container over the 100 ml. My niece travelling from Australia with young kids had to dump water bottles inscribed with childrens names at Amsterdam en route to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

My niece travelling from Australia with young kids had to dump water bottles inscribed with childrens names at Amsterdam en route to Ireland.

Such a shame for her and her children. I can't even so the logic in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

As a man, the main problem is shaving gel / foam. You can only get it in 200ml cans. So the best thing is just to buy a cheap can of it at your destination and leave it there on your return, or borrow a bit if you're staying with friends / family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

As a man, the main problem is shaving gel / foam. You can only get it in 200ml cans. So the best thing is just to buy a cheap can of it at your destination and leave it there on your return, or borrow a bit if you're staying with friends / family.

Or buy a small can in boots if you're flying out of Dublin.

On a side note, T2 needs a Boots

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

hardCopy wrote: »
    On a side note, T2 needs a Boots

What a lot of passengers might not know is that T1 and T2 are connected. Once you've checked in, you can access the shops in T1 easily enough, it's about a 5-8 min walk.

I always go and get my Meal Deal from Boots before flying. Far healthier, tastier and better value than most other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Such a shame for her and her children. I can't even so the logic in it.

Think back to where all this started, mixing explosives from components. An empty bottle can be filled with stuff from others..... Ok, sounds crazy, but we live in a crazy world, don't blame RyR, blame the pols who won't change the situation in the middle east, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Try this:
    http://www.totalshave.com/

€10 a bottle but it'll last you well over 6 months. You only need 3 drops per shave. Never use shaving gel or foam again and it gives a much closer and smoother shave, too. Oh, and it's Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was given 3 €50 vouchers and went to use one today.
    Looked at a flight that came to 45.98, great as the rest of the voucher isn't redeemable.

To my surprise the 50 euro voucher only seems to be worth 35.98?

My ref sent to me by mail when they were bought:
    Value: 150.00EUR
    Voucher numbers below for redemption
    Voucher reference: [xxxxxxxx] Value 50.00EUR Expiry 27/09/2011

What I see when I try to redeem it:
    00960.jpg

And to top things off, when I try to use any of the other two voucher numbers I get this message:
    Your Voucher Value is zero please see one of the reasons below.
    1) Your voucher has already been redeemed.
    2) The name on the voucher does not match the name you have entered in for passenger 1.
    3) Your voucher has expired.
    4) Voucher number is incorrect; please check number and retry.
    5) Too many retrieval attempts.

Edit: rang ryanair and they said it could be because I didn't use Internet Explorer (never had issues on their website before with Firefox)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

To my surprise the 50 euro voucher only seems to be worth 35.98?
    How did they explain that one?

Managed to get it sorted, burned 6 euro credit ringing their assistance.
    Turns out the 35.98 is actually the cost of the flight, not the value of the number which seems very confusing.
    45.98 because they want an extra tenner for travel insurance.

So you can't buy their insurance with a voucher? Not that it is of any use really.

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Not really sure, I played around with it and eventually it worked.

Best use Internet Explorer when using their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 handsome ken

Don't know if this has been mentioned already so sorry if I'm repeating someone else and for the length of the post. Myself, the wife and two kids recently travelled with Ryanair on holiday. My wife had major back surgery last year so we booked priority boarding to try to get the emergency rows over the wings so she could stretch her legs. I checked in on-line as normal but all of a sudden i saw a picture of the seat numbers during the process. My fault I know but I just passed over this and continued the check in. I mentioned this to the OH and she rang Ryanair to see what was going on. She was told that they are "Trialling" seat reservation on certain flights. She asked if we could availa of this but was told that as we had already checked in there was nothing they could do. She said that priority boarding was useless in this case but was told that we would still have priority over the "other" queue.

Anyway, day of departure we were at the top of the priority queue hoping we would still get a "wing" seat. When we boarded we headed directly to the emergency exit seats only to be told by the stewardess that these seats were reserved. I asked her if all were reserved but she didn't know. We had to take normal seats. as the plane was filling up with "other queue" passengers, the only seats left were the long leg room ones which the last remaining passengers got. We booked priority specifically to get these seats which went to the last people boarding. The same thing happened on the return journey buth the steward actually held 4 seats for us which made the return journey a little better. As it happened only three seats were reserved on the return journey but all "wing seats" were marked as reserved. Either have all seats reservable or not.

sorry again for the long post.

Sorry for your trouble.

This is the main reason I fly Aer Lingus. Reserved seats.

Sorry for your trouble.

This is the main reason I fly Aer Lingus. Reserved seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

They now have a part of the online check in process where you can choose your seats and pay for them. Its not hard to miss. If you read this then you could have booked the seats.

Priority boarding really is a waste of time and money.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Flying out of Dublin last Saturday, and I had to check my bag in even though it DID fit in their cage thingy. Apparently it didn't fit in "comfortably" enough. Yer wan was a total and utter c*nt, and seemed to be getting commission from the amount of luggage they had gathered. T'was a great start to the holiday :mad:

Advertisement