Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

conroym7 wrote: »
    Whats the cheapest voucher you can buy online?

for Ryanair is it, not sure €25 i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fct

jonnny68 wrote: »
    And it's a well known fact that Ryanair make up their own times and vastly exaggerate flying times, take Leeds Bradford - Dublin, this can be done in 28 minutes indeed i timed it at this before but they will ALWAYS say 45/50 minutes and the flight will never leave on time but always arrive "on time" this myth about being Europes no 1 airline for flights on time is hilarious.

It's not as much exaggerating flying times, but taking headwind/tailwind variations into consideration. This can easily change your flight time by a factor 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Looks like Ryanair will move the goalposts again for their fee free payment method. I will get this card and this will the 3rd one I have got especially for Ryanair!

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-branded-prepaid-mastercard

Not sure how this affects Irish payment methods

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

So they've finally brought out a Ryanair branded payment method that you don't have to pay for ... used to be ironic before that for years the Ryanair visa attracted the handling fees yet the visa electron / prepaid mastercard didn't.

The providers of the existing prepaid mastercards aren't going to be too happy about this one...

Looks like Ryanair will move the goalposts again for their fee free payment method. I will get this card and this will the 3rd one I have got especially for Ryanair!

just get yourself a Neteller pre paid mastercard ive been using this card now for months and have saved hundreds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

just get yourself a Neteller pre paid mastercard ive been using this card now for months and have saved hundreds.

Read the article.

I have a Neteller and saved myself hundreds. Previous to that I had an Electron card. They are now changing the card again so I will now get the new card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I have a Neteller and saved myself hundreds. Previous to that I had an Electron card. They are now changing the card again so I will now get the new card.

Think I'm just gonna get a new airline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not fee free, costs €6 to set up, which albeit you get back in the form of a voucher is not free.

Without wishing to get into pendantry, it costs £6 to get and you use that £6 against the cost of your flight = fee free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

worth pointing out that this is in the UK only for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

And it's a well known fact that Ryanair make up their own times and vastly exaggerate flying times, take Leeds Bradford - Dublin, this can be done in 28 minutes indeed i timed it at this before but they will ALWAYS say 45/50 minutes and the flight will never leave on time but always arrive "on time" this myth about being Europes no 1 airline for flights on time is hilarious.

So If its as simple as exaggerating flight times, why doesn't every airline do it to increase their punctuality? - Its because that's not how it is done.

Ryanair has the best punctuality because all of the staff (ground, cabin, flight deck) are so focused on 25 minute turnarounds that they all know they need to land on time or early. Trying to explain delays at the end of the day is not nice especially if the delay was your fault!

Also, what exactly is the problem with Leeds Bradford being advertised at 50 minutes. Ryanair sell you ticket saying they will have you in Leeds Bradford at a certain time. They land you there 10 minutes earlier and you come on here and complain? Would you prefer to be late? Would you prefer if they circled above the airport for a few minutes so they landed at the exact time?
    What if they advertised it at 30 minutes and did it in 28, would you be complaining then?

As usual this is just one of the complaints about Ryanair that I never understood... seems like people just complain because they like to complain about Ryanair.

So If its as simple as exaggerating flight times, why doesn't every airline do it to increase their punctuality? - Its because that's not how it is done.

Ryanair has the best punctuality because all of the staff (ground, cabin, flight deck) are so focused on 25 minute turnarounds that they all know they need to land on time or early. Trying to explain delays at the end of the day is not nice especially if the delay was your fault!

Also, what exactly is the problem with Leeds Bradford being advertised at 50 minutes. Ryanair sell you ticket saying they will have you in Leeds Bradford at a certain time. They land you there 10 minutes earlier and you come on here and complain? Would you prefer to be late? Would you prefer if they circled above the airport for a few minutes so they landed at the exact time?
    What if they advertised it at 30 minutes and did it in 28, would you be complaining then?

As usual this is just one of the complaints about Ryanair that I never understood... seems like people just complain because they like to complain about Ryanair.

because i fly in and out of LBA every other week the flight never takes off at the scheduled time, for the last few months i have noted the exact times the plane has taken off and landed and not once has it actually taken off on or before time it's been late every single time sometimes up to an hour or more yet amazingly enough they still have the audacity to play their cringeworthy jingle "you have arrived on yet another ontime Ryanair flight"

As someone who flies with them week in,week out i think im in a better position than most to "complain"

Now if you'll excuse me im as usual on my way to the airport.

#obligatory# :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

because i fly in and out of LBA every other week the flight never takes off at the scheduled time, for the last few months i have noted the exact times the plane has taken off and landed and not once has it actually taken off on or before time it's been late every single time sometimes up to an hour or more yet amazingly enough they still have the audacity to play their cringeworthy jingle "you have arrived on yet another ontime Ryanair flight"

As someone who flies with them week in,week out i think im in a better position than most to "complain"

Now if you'll excuse me im as usual on my way to the airport.

#obligatory# :rolleyes:

I can't say I've ever heard the jingle played on a late arrival. I did Dublin-East Mids, Dublin-Luton and Dublin-Liverpool for about 7 months. We rarely arrived late and definitely only heard the jingle when we arrived on time.

hardCopy wrote: »
    I can't say I've ever heard the jingle played on a late arrival. I did Dublin-East Mids, Dublin-Luton and Dublin-Liverpool for about 7 months. We rarely arrived late and definitely only heard the jingle when we arrived on time.

it depends more often than not they wont but they definitely did about 6 weeks ago or thereabouts, cue howls of laughter from the passengers, i just cringed as i always do with them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

not once has it actually taken off on or before time it's been late every single time

The departure time on the timetable or your reservation is not the take off time. It is the time the aircraft is scheduled to be pushed back from the terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

..for a flight i havent even booked...:confused:

I received an email confirmation for a flight i havent even booked...then another one this morning about booking seats etc...
    I've gone onto their web site and the flight res. no is authentic...
    I rang them and the very nice (NOT) lady told me to ignore the messages and delete them.....
    I cant stop thinking some poor sod wont be jetting off on his holidays next week because he hasnt got these emails..
    Should i just forget about it or is there something i can do....???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

tinyjiney wrote: »

I received an email confirmation for a flight i havent even booked...then another one this morning about booking seats etc...
    I rang them and the very nice (NOT) lady told me to ignore the messages and delete them.....
    I cant stop thinking some poor sod wont be jetting off on his holidays next week because he hasnt got these emails..
    Has your credit card been used perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Is there a name or address on the confirmation emails at all?

Aishae wrote: »
    Has your credit card been used perhaps?

First thing i checked...no, it wasnt my card...the numbers on the confirmation are different to any of my cards...
    discus wrote: »
    Is there a name or address on the confirmation emails at all?

No details...just my name, but i'm guessin its just someone with the same name...i'm just confused as to how whoever it was booked the flight ,gave my email addy...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

First thing i checked...no, it wasnt my card...the numbers on the confirmation are different to any of my cards...

No details...just my name, but i'm guessin its just someone with the same name...i'm just confused as to how whoever it was booked the flight ,gave my email addy...:confused:

Assuming the person is the same name as you, they might have a simular email, so if you are firstname.lastname@hotmail.com and they are firstname.lastname1@hotmail.com, they might have mis-typed the email address.

Since Ryanair know which flight they are on, they also have their other contact details (name / address / contact phone numbers) so they do have the ability to be able to contact them.

I'm sure most other airlines would be gracious enough to contact them, but I wouldn't be so sure with Ryanair.

Knowledge of this incident might alter you behaviour in one of two ways when booking Ryanair:
    1. Make you very, very careful at typing your details
    2. Make you less likely to book
    It's your choice.

Hopefully the passenger took a note of their booking reference when booking. As long as they have this, they should still be able to check-in and fly, as long as the flight times don't change in the meantime.

Hopefully the passenger took a note of their booking reference when booking. As long as they have this, they should still be able to check-in and fly, as long as the flight times don't change in the meantime.

As of the email this morning he still hadnt checked in.....he's flying out next monday...i hope...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lovebug

Hi tonight I was going through my emails searching for a reservation number for a flight with Ryanair to the UK in late October (i.e. The Future).... I looked through the search results and as I go to this particular location quite a lot I picked the first one I saw it had the correct location etc so I just copied the reservation number and went to Ryanair Website. I clicked on Manage My Booking, then added info, res. no, destinations and email addy. The booking came up and I clicked add baggage, the outward flight was blanked, I thought maybe it's too late to book that now, all I wanted was the return journey, so I clicked it, paid for it and it all went through. I only realised a major problem when I received new email, the reservation number I copied was from a flight I had already taken in August of this year, 2 months ago... The October flights were booked in July, I know I should have looked at the dates a lot closer but now my problem is, Ryanair have let a payment for baggage go through for €30 for a flight that is 2 months old...... Isn't this maybe a case of stealing? Do you think it will be possible for me to change that bag over to my October booking, well as their call centre wasn't open when I made this error I hope they'll realise that they're in the wrong too allowing people to just mistakingly give them money for flights that have already been used...

got that before myself when someone has a similar email to you and obviously makes a mistake when typing in their email, thankfully when im booking flights on my laptop mine "autofills" with my name,addres and email,etc

whoever it was should obviously realise that they haven't received an email and have probably contacted swineair about this.

BTW im not surprised about their customer service, in the few times ive contacted them they have been the same, doesn't surprise me one bit though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Jumping late on the band wagon here..

Want to book some flights tonight - can I use Moneybookers or some other site that I can transfer funds to tonight instantly to use to book my Ryanair flights to circumvent their CC charges, or have they stopped this?

Thanks!

Moyglish wrote: »
    Jumping late on the band wagon here..

Want to book some flights tonight - can I use Moneybookers or some other site that I can transfer funds to tonight instantly to use to book my Ryanair flights to circumvent their CC charges, or have they stopped this?

Thanks!
    I use the Entropay Platistic Mastercard, which took a couple of weeks to set up. When I want to book now, I can transfer funds instantly for immediate purchase.

Don't know anything about Moneybookers, and whether you can use it to buy your tickets instantly.

Well..got another emal yesterday.."YOU STILL HAVE NOT CHECKED-IN"....

So if anyone knows a Mr. Pat.... ....igan flying to Faro next monday 10th and returning 24th...please tell him to contact Ryanair...;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know if the new Ryanair cash passport is only required by those in the UK. . ie: can people here still use a debit Mastercard to avoid the cc charges?

EDIT: Says the cash passport is only for UK residents :). . .Moneybookers is still OK then :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is still ok for now.

Advertisement