Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

wickan wrote: »
    I tried to book a flight on ryanair toady I live in Donegal fly from Derry to Glasgow couple of times a month. I have a prepaid mastercard which is an irish card but ryanair will no longer accept it any way around this?

Try booking through Travel Republic

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/default.aspx

It would appear that Ryanair is going to hit all those who book flights that originate in the UK with these fees

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

Try booking through Travel Republic

It would appear that Ryanair is going to hit all those who book flights that originate in the UK with these fees

Thanks worked a treat had you use my normal credit card and they charged me 98p but its a lot better than £12

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Will neteller work for Irish people anymore since they are based on the Isle of Man and therefore it is a uk card?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

[QUOTE=Try booking through Travel Republic

It would appear that Ryanair is going to hit all those who book flights that originate in the UK with these fees[/QUOTE]
    wickan wrote: »
    Thanks worked a treat had you use my normal credit card and they charged me 98p but its a lot better than £12

Actually didnt work got a phone call from travel republic this morning saying they are have difficulties with ryanair and couldnt proceed with the booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Have a bit of a dilemma folks, i deposited cash from my debit card to my Neteller card to book flights forgetting that the pre paid mastercard doesn't work in UK anymore, was flying from LBA > Dub so instead i just booked one way from
    Dub > LBA but i still have to book the first flight but Neteller charge €7.50 withdrawal fee to bank accounts or €4 to withdraw at an ATM, i will feel aggrived if i have to pay a fee to get my money back which i need to deposit back into by bank to book the fight from LBA > Dub (and unfortunately have to pay the fees)

What i have noticed on the Neteller FAQ's is if you use your Neteller card in a supermarket there are no fees for doing that so what im wondering is if i go to my local Tesco here in Dublin and buy something and if i ask for cash back can i just get the cash back then without having to pay any fees which im obviously looking to avoid?

Cheers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Have a bit of a dilemma folks, i deposited cash from my debit card to my Neteller card to book flights forgetting that the pre paid mastercard doesn't work in UK anymore, was flying from LBA > Dub so instead i just booked one way from
    Dub > LBA but i still have to book the first flight but Neteller charge €7.50 withdrawal fee to bank accounts or €4 to withdraw at an ATM, i will feel aggrived if i have to pay a fee to get my money back which i need to deposit back into by bank to book the fight from LBA > Dub (and unfortunately have to pay the fees)

What i have noticed on the Neteller FAQ's is if you use your Neteller card in a supermarket there are no fees for doing that so what im wondering is if i go to my local Tesco here in Dublin and buy something and if i ask for cash back can i just get the cash back then without having to pay any fees which im obviously looking to avoid?

Cheers ;)

Don't think you can get cash-back on Neteller Card.

Is your Neteller Card an Irish, Euro, Card??

If so, you should be able to book with no fees on Ryanair, it will be in Sterling.

AFAIK, Neteller will charge Fx. currency charge for the transaction, but it would not be as much as £12 to Ryanair, £6 each way, IMO...

https://help.neteller.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1306/kw/fx%20charges/related/1
    Foreign exchange (FX) fees charged on the Net+ Card
    If your Net+ Card is in a different currency than your NETELLER account, you will be charged the NETELLER FX fee of 2.5% for each Net+ transaction.

If you perform a Net+ transaction in a currency different from your Net+ card, you will be charged the Net+ FX fee of 2.95%.

If your NETELLER account is in a different currency from your Net+ Physical Card, and you use your card to make transactions in a different currency again, you may be charged both FX fees, as the currency will be converted twice.

To save money on FX fees when using the physical card, we recommend that you choose the currency you use most for your ATM and POS transactions if it is available, or the currency of your NETELLER account if your ATM and POS currency is not available.

In order to apply for the Net+ Virtual Prepaid Card, your NETELLER account must be held in one of these currencies: EUR, GBP, USD, CAD, SEK, DKK, AUD, or JPY. Your Net+ Virtual Prepaid Card will always be held in the same currency as your NETELLER account. To save money on FX fees, we recommend holding your NETELLER account in the same currency that you will use most frequently when shopping online.

Am I wrong here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Just want to put a positive one on Ryan Air. I know, weird.

Mispelled my surname on my flight itinery as Caswekk instead of Caswell. Rang up their customer care, changed the name straight away, was a total of about a minute and a half on the phone, through menu, nearly no waiting time, and person on the other end changed it instantly and sent a confirmation email.

Was quite impressed. Internets said it was 110 to change the name on a flight that cost 42 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Bugger. I live in Dublin and top my Entropay MasterCard up from an Irish bank account but the card itself is registered in the UK so I guess I'm not going to be able to use it any more.

Would I be able to change my address with them to my Dublin address and open up a new MasterCard then?

Has anyone used the Cash Passport? I was going to say that it looks ok and I couldn't see the catch then I saw the £150 minimum top-up. Unbelievable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I deposited cash from my debit card to my Neteller card to book flights forgetting that the pre paid mastercard doesn't work in UK anymore

I just tried to book a flight from Birmingham to Dublin, added my Neteller card as a Prepaid Mastercard and no extra admin fee was added. Ryanair recognise that my Neteller account is "Irish" as it also gives me a euro equivalent price when I enter in the card number.

I didn't go much further than that, but maybe you're adding hassle where it's not needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Has anyone tried using an 'Irish' Entropay MasterCard since the change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Africa wrote: »
    Just want to put a positive one on Ryan Air. I know, weird.

Mispelled my surname on my flight itinery as Caswekk instead of Caswell. Rang up their customer care, changed the name straight away, was a total of about a minute and a half on the phone, through menu, nearly no waiting time, and person on the other end changed it instantly and sent a confirmation email.

Was quite impressed. Internets said it was 110 to change the name on a flight that cost 42 euro!

Don't assume company policy has changed. It's just a one off by an employee who was having a good day, and not following procedures.

It happened to us once, 2 years ago. Three of us (including a child) were once directed to the the front 3 seats of the plane by a very nice female flight attendant.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

jenizzle wrote: »
    I just tried to book a flight from Birmingham to Dublin, added my Neteller card as a Prepaid Mastercard and no extra admin fee was added. Ryanair recognise that my Neteller account is "Irish" as it also gives me a euro equivalent price when I enter in the card number.

I didn't go much further than that, but maybe you're adding hassle where it's not needed?

When you go to complete the purchase of a flight that originates in the UK the card is declined with a helpful message:
    An error has occurred, The payment information you have entered is incorrect.
    Please try again!

NB: The Billing Address you provide should be the identical to one printed on your payment card statement

As far as I know there is now no way for Irish users to book flights originating in UK without paying fees. Does this make the price advertised on Irish site incorrect now?

You can still book the return leg of the journey using Neteller and avoid the fees on those flights but will have to use something else to book the outbound flights.

Details about how to avoid 'optional' fees now states:
    No administration fee applies to bookings paid for by MasterCard Prepaid Card (excluding UK MasterCard Prepaid) and Ryanair Cash Passport (UK residents only).

Ryanair Cash Passport (UK residents only)
    Terrible terms with this card, minimum top-up is 150 and they start taking a fee from the account if you don't use it for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Am I wrong here?

Yes, you are wrong. At present Ryanair will decline the transaction, it doesn't matter is you choose to pay in Euro or GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Don't assume company policy has changed. It's just a one off by an employee who was having a good day, and not following procedures.

I've only heard good things for people who've rang to change a misspelling, that charge is only for a definite passenger change. Ryanair get a bad rep for stuff they don't even do, its amazing how many people actually believe they charge for the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Does the Dundrum Gift card (electonic use only) still work with Ryanair or does it have to be the Perfect Card?
    It worked for me this time last year but not so sure it will now.
    Thanks

Flew from LBA - Dub last night, flight was 45 mins late,no apology just an announcement saying the flight had been delayed :rolleyes: thankfully they didn't this time have the audacity to play the cringeworthy jingle..

jenizzle wrote: »

yeah the only way around booking flights from the UK is to get their poxy card:mad:

Got my Ryanair Cash Passport thingy today and just booked a return flight from Edinburgh to Dublin in Early December for £26 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

O'Leary axes passengers
    RYANAIR boss Michael O’Leary has pushed through measures to end passengers.

39113410150384653423581.jpg

• Advertisement

Where is that from?

Stansted is about 120km from Gatwick. The BA v Easyjet comparison is more valid as they both use the same Airports. The BA feature of selecting the seat is not the same as speedy boarding. You can only check in online 24 hours before the flight with BA and their Executive Club and Business class travellers can check in and select the best seats earlier. Easyjet lets you checkin online 60 days before the flight and from my experience at Glasgow Airport, the speedy boarding service also gives you fast track through airport security screening which is a big plus from me!

Great price from BA though (still only about £82 if booking now!) and at those price points, I would prefer to travel with BA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is anyone having difficulties booking today?

I keep getting "An error has occurred, please try again"

That is one thoroughly irritating website.

I'm being asked to fill in security questions just to look at a fare.

Fair enough, I just won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I actually had a positive experience with Ryanair today :eek:

I stupidly put in a mis-spelled email address when I bought 2 tickets to the UK. Never received my confirmation email (duh) so rang them today to ask about it and the girl was lovely- had it sorted in 30 secs and the email was in my inbox as soon as I got off the phone.

had to pinch myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

I actually had a positive experience with Ryanair today :eek:

I stupidly put in a mis-spelled email address when I bought 2 tickets to the UK. Never received my confirmation email (duh) so rang them today to ask about it and the girl was lovely- had it sorted in 30 secs and the email was in my inbox as soon as I got off the phone.

had to pinch myself...

Had that happen myself earlier in the year and had the same experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

Having a major headache booking some flights for my bother and sister to visit us in dublin for xmas.

trying to book from uk >dub using neteller and i keep getting address error message, have ryanair changed conditions of use to stop irish neteller card users booking flights from uk??

seriously doing my head in...any suggestions??

Update:
    Just figured out that ryanair have blocked the use of neteller for booking flights deriving from uk...seemingly to push their own PP mastercard! unreal

You will not be able to avoid the fee with Neteller anymore for any flight that originates in the UK.

I would book 2 singles and you can avoid the fee for the Dublin to UK flight

Entropay's joint prepaid Mastercard / Visa Electron account will enable you to book Aer Lingus / BMI fee free if their flights are otherwise competitive and convenient for the Uk to Ireland leg.

I see from Feb 2012 that Neteller will charge 1.5% for all debit card deposits:mad: it's getting to the stage now where people are finding it almost impossible to find a card that doesn't charge either to avoid paying poxy fees with FR and other airlines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

My friend misspelt a name when booking online a few months ago, rang them and they changed it straight away. Same friend booked the wrong date a few weeks ago, once again rang them and sorted it on the spot with a tenner admin fee. Very nice girl on the phone too.

Advertisement