Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Was just looking at some flights, looks like now you have to enter the captcha words to search for flights or even when you click on the next/back arrows to search for cheaper flights, big pain, how long they been doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

neil_18_ wrote: »
    My friend misspelt a name when booking online a few months ago, rang them and they changed it straight away. Same friend booked the wrong date a few weeks ago, once again rang them and sorted it on the spot with a tenner admin fee. Very nice girl on the phone too.

€10 you say?

Not the €50 (online) or €75 (on phone/at airport) charges at http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

Hmmmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

If it is a mis-spelling they will do it free of charge, if it is an actual change, they will levy the charge. It's to prevent flights being re-sold on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 rabboni

does anyone know if u also get charged the 6euros if u use an irish swirl instant card if booking a ryanair flight from the uk? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

All flights that originate in the UK will incur the £6 fee unless you use the Ryanair Cash Passport.

• Advertisement

If it is a mis-spelling they will do it free of charge, if it is an actual change, they will levy the charge. It's to prevent flights being re-sold on.

neil_18 claims to have a friend who changed from one flight to another on a different date, with no misspelt name, and only got charged a €10 admin fee.

Hence the "Hmmmmmm..... ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

Ryanair always have classified a correction as different from an actual change, a correction will be to fix something that was mis-spelled, or where a mistake has been made. A change is where it's more than that as in more than a minor adjustment, such as a completely different name, email address, or other information.

I suppose that maybe could extend to flight details with the same principles, a slight adjustment they may be willing to do, but a wholesale change they may hit you with a full fee.

So what's the €10 "admin fee" for?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Any gift cards out there that can be currently used with Ryanair? Anyone know if Scotch Hall gift card in Drogheda works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Are you implying that i'm making this up or that you didn't think they would be that nice about it:confused: .
    Yes, they charged her €10 to change it to the right flight. She used my visa debit card for the flight, so i've seen that tenner come out of my account, and nothing more

• Advertisement

I'm implying stating that the only fees of €10 notified by Ryanair's table of fees are when a customer either reserves a seat or goes online to add infant equipment to a flight booking.

To ring the call centre and change to a different flight incurs what Ryanair calls a "flight change fee", which costs €75 per passenger per one way flight.

It's all detailed here: http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

Draw your own conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

number_1 wrote: »
    I'm implying stating that the only fees of €10 notified by Ryanair's table of fees are when a customer either reserves a seat or goes online to add infant equipment to a flight booking.

To ring the call centre and change to a different flight incurs what Ryanair calls a "flight change fee", which costs €75 per passenger per one way flight.

It's all detailed here: http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

Draw your own conclusions.

Yes i can see that. The girl on the phone did mention that the 2 flight prices were similar, so maybe thats why i wasn't charged any extra? But as i said, it's in my account, just had a look, exactly €11.68 (it was £10 according to my bank statement) was taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Sorry but I culdn't resist:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

This myth that exists that Ryanair are always the cheapest airline, this is one of just many fares where they have been found to be dearer.

Of course it is a myth for all their flights. For the flights I and my family go from Scotland to Dublin, it ain't a myth at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Of course it is a myth for all their flights. For the flights I and my family go from Scotland to Dublin, it ain't a myth at all.

of course you will still get cheap flights with them but they are definitely not always the cheapest as per their claim to be, and if you need to check in bags your screwed especially from next year when the prices go up, cheaper to get the ferry at this stage and bring on as many bags as you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

jonnny68 wrote: »
    of course you will still get cheap flights with them but they are definitely not always the cheapest as per their claim to be, and if you need to check in bags your screwed especially from next year when the prices go up, cheaper to get the ferry at this stage and bring on as many bags as you want!

They are cheaper more often than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Where does this hatred for Ryanair come from?

syklops wrote: »
    Where does this hatred for Ryanair come from?

It appears to be because of the boarding process and (perceived lack of) value for money - http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-named-second-worst-short-haul-airline-by-consumer-watchdog-304800-Dec2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

number_1 wrote: »
    It appears to be because of the boarding process and (perceived lack of) value for money - http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-named-second-worst-short-haul-airline-by-consumer-watchdog-304800-Dec2011/

Value for money?

You can get from Dublin to London often times for cheaper than from Dublin to Galway. How are they bad value for money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

Maybe I'm just being stupid but in that link above it lists an 'oxygen reservation fee'...

That can't possibly be the oxygen masks that come down when there's a drop in pressure? Can it??

No, it is for someone who needs or wants an oxygen canister to be with them when flying, usually a medical reason

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pcboy

weird, at 5.50pm just now, I booked Dublin-Pisa and there was no €6 admin fee using Mastercard Prepaid. But 10 minutes later I booked Rome-Dublin and there is €6 fee. I've tried to refresh the page (just in case) and the fee is still there. Am I the only who experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

pcboy wrote: »
    weird, at 5.50pm just now, I booked Dublin-Pisa and there was no €6 admin fee using Mastercard Prepaid. But 10 minutes later I booked Rome-Dublin and there is €6 fee. I've tried to refresh the page (just in case) and the fee is still there. Am I the only who experience this?
    Flights from the UK and Italy are subject to the £6 / €6 admin fee if paying by prepaid MasterCard. Flights from elsewhere are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Curious how a company like Ryanair doesn't increase the charges by about 20% for the euro price versus the sterling rate on their extra fee's chart.

While a company like Topshop over prices items in euro i.e £98 = €149 :s
    Hope aul ryanair isn't doing this with the price of flights.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/how-can-i-pay-for-my-flights

As a special offer to Ryanair Cash Passport cardholders (UK & Italian residents only) and Mastercard Prepaid (MP) card holders (excluding UK & Italian Mastercard Prepaid), Ryanair, will not apply an administration handling fee to those customers paying by this method of payment.

I think it should mean 'flights that originate from the UK or Italy will attract the admin fee if paid by Mastercard Prepaid'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

I booked a Dublin-Birmingham flight out successfully and Dublin-Luton return successfully yet when I went to book a Dublin-Mancs flight, I get an error to say the card wasn't accepted, even though there's enough funds on the card! I booked the Luton return because the only way to avoid the card charge from the UK is to use their Ryanair cash passport (which you've to deposit a minimum of 150 quid on). Between that and the exchange rate, it only worked out a euro dearer to pay for an uneeded outward flight! So the type of card that counts as no admin charge depends on where you're flying from.

Anyone else having the same problems with using Wirecard? Is Mastercard prepaid intermittent in whether it works or not?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭selekta

Cheeky buggers. They don't accept wirecard now, the system says I mistyped something. Likely, they're ending the support for MasterCard and will push Ryanair Passport soon, now available in Italy and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 goluck

same here. just tried to book a flight with my virtual wirecard mastercard and it didn't work!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

Used my Bishopstown Credit Union Card on Ryanair before Christmas and it worked without incurring the charge.

Will try it online again soon and let you all know if it still works.

Advertisement