Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

I also noticed wirecard not working. Does anyone know if it is a glitch because it says that they still accept MasterCard prepaid on their payment options?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Trying to book a flight - won't accept both my laser and visa cards. There's cash on both and I just bought other stuff online earlier today with both cards.

Error message stating "can't accept this type of card at the moment"

Anyone else having issues with visa or laser?

Never thought I'd see the day when Ryanair refused to take money off me!

Anyone got a number for a call centre. It's impossible to find on their site.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

Anyone got a number for a call centre. It's impossible to find on their site.:mad:

Hi. I just found their number when I clicked the "contact us" tab on the top of their web page. There's lots of different countries listed so I dont know which one you need.

However if you still want to speak to an agent you can call on the following number:

0818 30 30 30 - National rate
    Calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more.
    Our lines are open Mon - Fri, 9:00 - 18:00 GMT , Sat 10:00 – 17:00 GMT and Sun 11.00 – 17.00 GMT.

Priority Assistance
    If you have problems using the site or need assistance when booking online and would like to speak to an agent you can call on the following number:

1550 92 70 30 - €0.95 per minute
    Our lines are open Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 19:00 GMT, Sat 10:00 – 18:00 GMT and Sun 10:00 – 17:00 GMT

However if you still want to speak to an agent you can call on the following number:

0871 246 0000 - 10p per minute
    Our lines are open Mon - Fri, 9:00 - 18:00 GMT , Sat 10:00 – 17:00 GMT and Sun 11.00 – 17.00 GMT.

Priority Assistance
    If you have problems using the site or need assistance when booking online and would like to speak to an agent you can call on the following number:

0905 566 0000 - £1.00 per minute
    Our lines are open Mon - Fri, 8:00 - 19:00 GMT, Sat 10:00 – 18:00 GMT and Sun 10:00 – 17:00 GMT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Thanks,

Had seen those numbers earlier on the page, didn't take it down there and then and couldn't get back to them! Rang up, seems the page will only work on mozilla firefox.

Downloading it now, will let you know how I get on.

Edit - didn't work first time on mozilla either. Then I realised it might be my billing address that was affecting it as I had "Co." included in the PO Box. I removed that and it worked first time.

Glad you got it sorted Dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody have any problems using an Irish mastercard to book a flight from another country? Was in Liverrpool last weekend, and wanted to book another flight from Liverpool to Dublin, but Ryanair wouldnt allow me to use the card. But it would allow me to use it for Dublin-Liverpool return.

Also, their site has gone to the dogs lately. Trying to book that flight was a nightmare, about 3 screens of nonsense you ordinarily dont want.

Also also, dont bother with their travel insurance, its no good if you cannot make your flight for something other than being certified sick or being laid off your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 F_o_x

hi there,
    tried booking with mozilla firefox - still no joy even though i have no "Co." in my address. Was anyone successful recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

So I just booked some return flights, while I was on the payment stage I took a couple of minutes locating my card details and it 'timed out', when I went back through it, it had changed one of my flight selections to the early flight that day. I'm only just after realising this (having booked the flights).

They now want me to pay €50 to change my flight to the other one that day, which costs the exact same amount of money. The entire return flight package cost €30....

How can they even get away with this? It's like going into a shop and buying the wrong size shoes by accident, immediately realising this and asking to swap them a minute later only to be told you'd have to pay another €50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So I just booked some return flights, while I was on the payment stage I took a couple of minutes locating my card details and it 'timed out', when I went back through it, it had changed one of my flight selections to the early flight that day. I'm only just after realising this (having booked the flights).

They now want me to pay €50 to change my flight to the other one that day, which costs the exact same amount of money. The entire return flight package cost €30....

How can they even get away with this? It's like going into a shop and buying the wrong size shoes by accident, immediately realising this and asking to swap them a minute later only to be told you'd have to pay another €50.
    ring the customer service and ask, they might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is another thing to watch out on the Ryanair website - it defaults to the earliest flight time if you go back through the booking process. Need to keep your beady eye on the exact details and triple check before you pay.

It has happened to me before and my lesson has been learned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah I've booked the wrong flight because of that in the past. It's really annoying and they clearly do it on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Trying to put money into my moneybookers prepaid card at the moment to book return flights to Spain.

Is this card definitely not working now?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Does anyone know if Wirecard is working again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Does anyone know if the expression card prepaid mastercard still works on Ryanair?

The cash passport thing they do is only for people in the UK. As far as I can tell all prepaid MasterCard's should work for Irish people until they extend their cash passport to cover Ireland as well. I was a bit concerned that my Entropay MasterCard wouldn't work as it's registered in the UK but I just put my Irish address with the UK listed as my country and the payments went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I am trying to book a flight from London to France and Ryanair are adding the £6 admin fee.It wasn't added to another flight I booked from Dublin to London.

Do Mastercard prepaid not work for flights that depart England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No. They only accept their "cash passport" yoke for bookings that start in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Beefy78 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell all prepaid MasterCard's should work for Irish people until they extend their cash passport to cover Ireland as well.

This is not the case.
    I have an entropay prepaid Mastercard, billing address in Ireland, but currency is sterling.
    I can not buy ANY flights now on the Ryanair site fore any money...it comes up with a payment error message.

How long has that been the case? Last time I used my Entropay card it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Beagslife

This is not the case.
    I have an entropay prepaid Mastercard, billing address in Ireland, but currency is sterling.
    I can not buy ANY flights now on the Ryanair site fore any money...it comes up with a payment error message.

Same here, with billing address in Portugal. Nothing going through for the last few days.

e-mail response from entropay:
    Please note that Ryanair are currently blocking our BIN (Bank Identification Number) and we are working to reverse this very intensively with MasterCard and Ryanair themselves.

Unfortunately, I cannot give a date when this will be fixed, but expect it to be within the next couple of weeks.

You may wish to use an alternative method of payment to book flights with them until this matter is resolved.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, however, this matter is out of our control.

Why can't they at least get their alternative card out there, before they start blocking users.

So, are there any prepaid mastercards out there still working? If not, then surely the website details are false!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

zuroph wrote: »
    ring the customer service and ask, they might be able to help.

I got a "mis-booked" flight changed for free. I think the key is to be POLITE and reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Last time I used my Entropay card it was fine.

When was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody used wirecard recently on ryanair? don't want to top it up if it won't work... or is there any other option which definetly works? and can set up instantly?

It seems hit and miss for me... sometimes it's working but latest attempt about 3 weeks back didn't work :-( so don't want to put more money on it if it'll fail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Ryanair book flight problem - "An unknown error has occurred with the form of payment you have chosen..." [more in attached image]

Will time solve this problem? Does it matter what web browser I use?

191061.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You haven't given enough information for anyone to even attempt to answer your question. The error says to try a different form of payment, so that would seem to be the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

jor el wrote: »
    You haven't given enough information for anyone to even attempt to answer your question. The error says to try a different form of payment, so that would seem to be the solution.

A relative phoned me as she thought it was a fault with her PC or web browser. So I tried from my PC and got the same error. 2 different credit cards were tried.

Would it be a problem with the postcode box? I added \\\\\\\\ as she has no post code yet the site demands one is entered.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Worztron wrote: »
    Would it be a problem with the postcode box? I added \\\\\\\\ as she has no post code yet the site demands one is entered.

Try 000000 for the postcode.

Advertisement