Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Something similar happened to me once with Hotels.com - turned out it was a problem with their payments gateway and they couldn't process any payments at all.

I was able to book the next day once the gateway was back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody used wirecard recently on ryanair? don't want to top it up if it won't work... or is there any other option which definetly works? and can set up instantly?

It seems hit and miss for me... sometimes it's working but latest attempt about 3 weeks back didn't work :-( so don't want to put more money on it if it'll fail

Just to let ye know that wirecard did work for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

The game's up, they've launched their cash passport in Ireland.

All flights originating from Ireland after March 1st will incur the admin fee if not booked with the Ryanair card.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-cash-passport-in-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭thebiglad

number_1 wrote: »
    The game's up, they've launched their cash passport in Ireland.

All flights originating from Ireland after March 1st will incur the admin fee if not booked with the Ryanair card.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-cash-passport-in-ireland

Minimum payment to obtain card is €175!

Plus the card fee of €10 which is then refundable with 1st flight...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

The terms and conditions don't look too bad if you do a few flights per year.

EXCEPT the €175 minimum reload amount.....thats a killer!:mad:
    It would be a real pain in the ass if you were one cent short on your card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

thebiglad wrote: »

And a charge to put cash on it, and a monthly inactive card charge if you don't use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What a crock!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It is actually not too bad. I have used my passport card about 5 times now, saving me about £120

• Advertisement

What is the UK minimum top up?

£150, the fee was £6 for the card and when the card came, a voucher number for £6 was printed on the letter which can be immediately be redeemed against the price of a flight

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

number_1 wrote: »

It maybe me, but I didn't see the 175 on the link you gave. It's a bummer though if true, I use Entropay, there you top up as you go. What's the Ryr topup fee?

kitson wrote: »
    I don't know a lot about UK.

Aint you lucky ?? ;)

AFAIK Ryanair don't accept driving licenses as proof of anything....

And a charge to put cash on it, and a monthly inactive card charge if you don't use it

I think I need a white stick, didn't see this either (maybe 'cos I don't have a card??) but I did see the ****e about the time it takes to actually load it. As I said I use Entropay, instant load....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Just about to book a trip to the UK with Risky...However my companion does not have a passport so I`m seeking guidance on which box to tick when booking....
    The options offered are for those who will present an EU/EEA Passport or those who will not...I presume its the NOT box to be ticked for a Driving Licence.

Can anybody confirm ?? :eek:

You can't fly anywhere with Ryanair without a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

That's simply wrong.

Here are the options:

A valid passport – (see below - */and ** below)
    • A valid National Identity Card issued by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country. (Only the following EEA countries currentlyissue National Identity Cards acceptable for carriage on Ryanair flights: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
    • A valid German Government issued ‘Kinderausweis’ travel document
    • A valid Italian ‘Certificato Di Nascita’ with photo (for use by children under 16 years) which has been endorsed as ‘VALIDO PER L'ESPATRIO’ for travel on international flights, no endorsement is required when travelling on Italian domestic flights.. It is the passenger's personal responsibility to ensure that this document meets the requirements of immigration and other governmental authorities at the destination airport - see ** below.
    • A valid Italian AT/BT card (for Italian domestic flights only).
    • A valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document – (issued in accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, by a Government in place of a valid passport.)
    • A valid Convention Travel Document – (issued in accordance with Article 27 of the 1954 UN Convention for Stateless Persons, by a contracting state in place of a valid passport)
    • A valid Collective Passport issued by an EU/EEA country

* It is acceptable for children under 16 to travel on the valid passport of the parent with whom they are travelling, if they are included on that passport.

** When a child is listed on the valid passport of the parent with whom they are travelling the accompanying adult’s travel document details must be duplicated in the child’s document details section during the online check-in process.

That's simply wrong.

Here are the options:

<snip>

I was assuming that AlekSmart's companion is an Irish citizen.

I wonder would they accept the ID cards issued to foreigners by certain EU states?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

... and you have to be resident in Ireland and have an Irish passport. As I don't qualify under the second criterion, I couldn't apply for one even if I wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Just reading the T's and C's

http://www.cashpassport.com/1/PageFiles/9595/UK_BK1711_CP_Ryanair_UGTC_060212.pdf%20-%20Final%20send%20to%20print.pdf
    This Agreement is entered into between R. Raphael & Sons plc and you only. Neither Ryanair,
    nor any of its group companies, are a party to this Agreement
    suddenly no more mention of ryanair

There is no interest payable to you on the balance and the Card funds do not amount
    to a deposit with us.
    so, what do they amount to ? Coco-pops, perhaps ? Good luck with dispute resolution on that.
    Your Personal Information may be processed outside of the country of purchase,
    but all service providers are required to have adequate safeguards in place to protect
    your Personal Information.
    10.5 You agree we may contact you about other products and services provided by
    the Programme Manager and its affiliates. If you no longer wish to receive this
    information, please contact Card Services.

No safe harbor declaration, and I though you were required to provide an Opt-out at registration for this kind of stuff.

That's simply wrong.

Here are ......

Pedantic twit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I was assuming that AlekSmart's companion is an Irish citizen.

So everyone who reads this forum is Irish? :rolleyes:
    BarryM wrote: »
    Pedantic twit

The information posted was wrong, very wrong. Just because it's correct for you in your insular little world doesn't change that.

My partner, who's Spanish. doesn't have to use her passport for Ryanair. Some of her friends don't even have passports. A lot of people I work with use their National ID cards as a matter of course. So crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of and butt out if you've no accurate information to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I was refused board a Ryanair flight as my passport was out of date. Their argument was that the country (Belgium). I was heading to required me to have a passport to enter/exit same so they would not take me there only to have me 'stuck' in an airport and perhaps have the responsibility of getting me back to Ireland. A driving licence was not acceptable in that country as ID and also as it was not the original document used when booking.

I think Ireland did not sign up to EC treaty that allows for freer movement of people hence passports are required ID for Irish travellers???

Another instance I witnessed was of a pair of Canadian young pack packers trying to board a flight out of Dublin to Bristol. They were being denied boarding as the ID that they had with them was not the same as that which they had used to book the flight. God help them.

Ireland did not sign up to the Schengen Agreement because the UK did not sign and we have a common travel area with the UK

I was refused board a Ryanair flight as my passport was out of date. Their argument was that the country (Belgium). I was heading to required me to have a passport to enter/exit same so they would not take me there only to have me 'stuck' in an airport and perhaps have the responsibility of getting me back to Ireland. A driving licence was not acceptable in that country as ID and also as it was not the original document used when booking.

I think Ireland did not sign up to EC treaty that allows for freer movement of people hence passports are required ID for Irish travellers???

Another instance I witnessed was of a pair of Canadian young pack packers trying to board a flight out of Dublin to Bristol. They were being denied boarding as the ID that they had with them was not the same as that which they had used to book the flight. God help them.

You might be referring to EU Directive 2004/38/EC. Among other rights and privileges, it provides that every EU citizen is entitled to move among the member states with their valid national passport or National ID card.

What Ireland and the UK don't do is issue National ID cards to their citizens. The UK did for a short period (I have one) but David Cameron put a stop to it. Anyway this means that citizens of Ireland and of the UK have no option but to carry a valid passport when travelling through Europe (not withstanding the CTA provisions).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Guys why are you all arguing over a post from 2008 that was bumped by a spambot?!?! Did none of you recognise the Opening Post of this thread?!?!?!

LOL I didn't even see the opening post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

zuroph wrote: »
    Guys why are you all arguing over a post from 2008 that was bumped by a spambot?!?! Did none of you recognise the Opening Post of this thread?!?!?!

:confused: I thought it was a sticky! It's always #1. :confused:

Edit: just copped you might be referring to a post within thread. Ignore previous post if so.

• Advertisement

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/ryanair-cash-passport-prepaid-mastercard.html

All the info is there on their latest money making idea.

Advertisement