Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jesus, so much energy put into avoiding a ten euro admin fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

mad m wrote: »
    Can anyone help me, booked flights for my mam's friend, left out a letter in her surname by mistake. Would she have to pay for a name change or get away with it? Or should I ring Ryanair and explain.
    I read the help pages (hidden somewhere) about 2 months ago and according to those, a simple typo isn't considered a name change (for the purposes of charges). It's probably best to call them to get it sorted. I didn't get to fly for unrelated reasons so never found out if a typo would have stopped me from flying that time.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

ciaran_ wrote: »
    Thanks i'll give this a go over the weekend,one of the only things I haven't tried at this stage, booked a flight for Wednesday week and they had no problem accepting my card + €12 admin fee!:(

It's a scam they recommend you try another browser given their own FAQ section says IE is the only one supported..... No browser has worked for me yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

syklops wrote: »

Actually I read it to be 'so much energy put into ensuring customers pay a ten euro admin fee'. You, of course, are free to side with Ryanair on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

It's a scam they recommend you try another browser given their own FAQ section says IE is the only one supported..... No browser has worked for me yet!!

I thought the same until I tried a different computer in the same office at work.
    Worked fine then, so I think to say its a scam is a little harsh...probably just a badly done website, it seems to have problems with pop-up blockers and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

syklops wrote: »

It's ten euros if you're planning on flying with them once. For those of us who usually have to use them for 25 return journeys a year it adds up.

Fortunately other airlines are providing competition and thanks to this kind of behaviour from Ryanair I'm going to take my custom elsewhere (to Aer Lingus).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 loribells

Hi,

Looking for some advice going mental here.

I have just landed tonight from a Ryanair flight from Budapest Airport to Dublin airport. I had in my checked in luggage 11 Blocks of cigarettes aftershave clothes etc. I had rang customs in Ireland before my trip and emailed customs in Hungary asking how many cigs i allowed and both said as many as i want within the EU once I have receipts and i can prove there for me etc... (don't want the thread to derail onto this topic)

When my bag came i picked it up and immediately noticed it was lighter. I opend the bag beside the conveyor belt and found that the 11 blocks of cigs were robbed.

I went straight over the the Ryanair desk (admit I was very cross) and reported it. The two girls were lovely but said theres nothing they can do and to contact Ryanair to do an "investigation". I got there names but thats all.

I then went up to customs on the exit and told them... again nothing they can do.

Outside I then went to a police officer who told me that it happens all the time as because he doesnt know if it happened in Budapest or Dublin theres nothing he can do. He told me to write to the airline also and send my receipts (which i have).

I am absolutely ragin. I also found out that 2 chocolate bars were robbed (?) and my bottle of aftershave. I dont have recipts for aftershave obviously as it was a xmas present. This also confirms that they werent confiscated by customs in Budapest. (Also i was told if customs in Budapest seized them they have to leave a note and wouldn't take chocolate or aftershave)

I am going to write to Ryanair tomorrow but I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation? Will Ryanair reinburse me? I know there customer service can be hit and miss. Its over €300 gone :(

The police office told me my contract is with Ryanair and its up to them. I am wondering if the response is not satisfactory can I bring them to if needs be?

Thansk for reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That sounds like a travel insurance issue. You'll need to report it to the police/Gardai to get a report number for a claim.

Fey! wrote: »
    That sounds like a travel insurance issue. You'll need to report it to the police/Gardai to get a report number for a claim.

I didn't have travel insurance. I did report it to the police/gardai but he said that theres nothing he can do because it might have happened in Budapest. Unless he knows it happened in Dublin he can't do anything. And also it has to happen in the airport not airside, as then its the airlines problem i.e once the bag is checked in its up to them to mind it.

He said Ryanair have a duty of care for my luggage and the buck stops with them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So airline services can commit theft with impunity, knowing it will never be investigated. God, what a great system we have..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oryx wrote: »
    So airline services can commit theft with impunity, knowing it will never be investigated. God, what a great system we have..
    Aye. Maybe they should file a small-claims action against Ryanair?

the_syco wrote: »
    Aye. Maybe they should file a small-claims action against Ryanair?

Well sent of the information to Ryanair... waiting to hear a response. Spoke to registrar of SCC and she reckons that yes i have a claim as i paid the extra €15 for a service which was not fully provided. Also I said to the check in guy I had cigarettes in the bag... if they weren't allowed on board he should have told me this but he accepted my bag.

Going to wait for Ryanair to get back to me before i do anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭thebiglad

loribells wrote: »
    Well sent of the information to Ryanair... waiting to hear a response. Spoke to registrar of SCC and she reckons that yes i have a claim as i paid the extra €15 for a service which was not fully provided. Also I said to the check in guy I had cigarettes in the bag... if they weren't allowed on board he should have told me this but he accepted my bag.

Going to wait for Ryanair to get back to me before i do anymore.

Would Warsaw convention apply? Limits liability for 'lost baggage' to a fixed amount per kilo.

Be interested how you get on with this - you surely cannot be the first victim.

Did you have a lock on the case by the way?

thebiglad wrote: »
    Would Warsaw convention apply? Limits liability for 'lost baggage' to a fixed amount per kilo.

Be interested how you get on with this - you surely cannot be the first victim.

Did you have a lock on the case by the way?

Someone I spoke to mention a convention alright... something about a 1000SDK I dont have the info to hand.

Yes I HAD a lock unfortunately its gone too! I have the key which was in my wallet.

So pissed off over this. I actually wish Ryanair brought in that thing where u carry your bags to the plane now :D

On a serious note though... imagine if something was put INTO my bag... Drugs or a bomb... These airside operations should be closely watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

...Also I said to the check in guy I had cigarettes in the bag...

And there's your problem...

And there's your problem...

Yes maybe I shouldn't have said it. But my friend who is in college there said to me that I should tell them because he was coming home with Aer Lingus in September and when he checked in the bag, he got called over the PA to go somewhere, and when he did they ordered him to open the bag. He had 8 blocks but customs wanted to make sure that they weren't from a country outside the EU.

So he tells them he has them and there Hungarian so told me to :rolleyes:

But surely this shouldn't take away from the fact that I checked in my bag, paid for the service, and they stole from the bag. So I didn;t get the service.

I actually thought baggage robbery was a thing from the past. I thought bags would be monitored all the way to the plane... for obvious security reasons.

Imagine if an organised gang planted drugs in my bag, then had someone in Dublin airport waiting to follow me to the car park and rob my bag. I know this probably doesn't happen but hopefully you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

ciaran_ wrote: »
    Im getting to the final stage and click on buy now but this keeps coming up

"We are unable to continue with your online Ryanair Cash Passport Registration at this time. Please go to www.cashpassport.com/ryanair."

I got the same reply . thought that I might have entered passport details incorrectly, so applied again, same response. tried next day being ultra careful, same result. so I gave up. It's designed to frustrate and annoy (ryanair traits) but unlike the actual flights its not efficient. In UK EasyJet have reverted to a single charge per booking, no benefit to single traveller, small benefit to 2 travelling but a real bonus for families. Ryanair are now disputing that the credit card IS a credit card charge - they are claiming its an admin charge, which hopefully won't wash with the various regulators. (an admin charge which they don't charge if you use a ryanair cash passport ........ taking us for complete ejeets)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Yes maybe I shouldn't have said it. But my friend who is in college there said to me that I should tell them because he was coming home with Aer Lingus in September and when he checked in the bag, he got called over the PA to go somewhere, and when he did they ordered him to open the bag. He had 8 blocks but customs wanted to make sure that they weren't from a country outside the EU.

So he tells them he has them and there Hungarian so told me to :rolleyes:

But surely this shouldn't take away from the fact that I checked in my bag, paid for the service, and they stole from the bag. So I didn;t get the service.

I actually thought baggage robbery was a thing from the past. I thought bags would be monitored all the way to the plane... for obvious security reasons.

Imagine if an organised gang planted drugs in my bag, then had someone in Dublin airport waiting to follow me to the car park and rob my bag. I know this probably doesn't happen but hopefully you get my drift.

It's Michael O'Leary's way of telling you to try these:

champix-cardiovascular-conc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭hargo

Has anyone been able to get the new ryanair cash passport. I keep going round in circles .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

After travelling so regularly with Ryanair over the last few years i am so dissapointed to be the victim of a scam by Ryanair....

So,
    Being keeping an eye on flights since last friday, they stayed at €593 euro for 2 people return up til this morning so thought i will have to just book them , so i did this morn.......Flying out for Easter

... Got home a few hours ago to see that the price is now €462 euro, no change in time or date etc.......

Worse thing is that they had a message beside the tickets when i was booking saying
    ''Last three tickets at this price! ''
    So i was fooled into believing that i was getting a better price then i would get after they were sold lol..........

Are they allowed to do that? I know they are allowed to flucuate but that 'last 3 tickets t this price!' thing is misleading to say the least......

Probably no point to contact them lol.....So f@&king pissed !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

After travelling so regularly with Ryanair over the last few years i am so dissapointed to be the victim of a scam by Ryanair....

So,
    Being keeping an eye on flights since last friday, they stayed at €593 euro for 2 people return up til this morning so thought i will have to just book them , so i did this morn.......Flying out for Easter

... Got home a few hours ago to see that the price is now €462 euro, no change in time or date etc.......

Worse thing is that they had a message beside the tickets when i was booking saying
    So i was fooled into believing that i was getting a better price then i would get after they were sold lol..........

Are they allowed to do that? I know they are allowed to flucuate but that 'last 3 tickets t this price!' thing is misleading to say the least......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Sounds like they told the truth. Those WERE the last 3 tickets at that price :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

italodisco wrote: »

So,

Sorry, where's the scam here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So the scam, in your eyes, is the price went down after you booked. Is it also a scam for the next buyer if the price went up after you booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭thebiglad

How many times you gonna post this???

Supply and demand - tough, get over it, **** happens.

Whatever forum you post in you it will still not get the result you want, about as much empathy here as on the Ryanair complaints line:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Need for the bold post?

OP you weren't scammed.

It did what it said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Not a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I see no scam. Just sharp business tactics (And that's a compliment to Ryanair btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

It happens on every airlines website, ryanair isnt the only company using this tactic, all you can do is watch the prices and buy them when they are at a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

you should change the title of this thread to No Ryanair AREN'T SCAM ARTISTS

Advertisement