Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Has anyone successfully applied for their new prepaid MasterCard (to avoid Ryanair booking admin fees) as a non Irish citizen?

At first you had to have an Ireland passport but now you can apply manually and supply additional proof of ID (passport or drivers license and utility bill or bank statement)
    http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en-ie/Ryanair/Buying-Your-Card/Offline-Application1/

They are asking for people to fill out a pretty basic looking PDF form and email it back signed and with copies of the proof of ID. As it is not a very secure method (email attachments that is), I sent them an email to see if there is another way.

I find it odd that to get a prepaid mastercard you must send in proof of ID since I was able to buy a Payzone money prepaid mastercard last year by just going to a Spar store.

Anyone applied for and received it successfully and have more to share about the process? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

try moneybookers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

James__10 wrote: »
    I booked a return flight to Palma with Ryanair back in January which cost be €160 I am supposed to be going in September but I got onto a FAS course which means I'll be going to Boston in August and returning home in October which means I'll not be able to go to Palma.

If I cancel the flight will I be able to get my money back? It was all done online.:confused:

Was just reading the News on Ryanair website, you might be lucky and can get a refund according to it, as Spain are planning to increase the Airport taxes, more here

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uln

I'm having a long running mare of a situation with Ryanair over refund for expenses incurred during ash cloud. Anyone else having difficulty with them or other airlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

ScottSF wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully applied for their new prepaid MasterCard (to avoid Ryanair booking admin fees) as a non Irish citizen?

At first you had to have an Ireland passport but now you can apply manually and supply additional proof of ID (passport or drivers license and utility bill or bank statement)
    http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en-ie/Ryanair/Buying-Your-Card/Offline-Application1/

They are asking for people to fill out a pretty basic looking PDF form and email it back signed and with copies of the proof of ID. As it is not a very secure method (email attachments that is), I sent them an email to see if there is another way.

I find it odd that to get a prepaid mastercard you must send in proof of ID since I was able to buy a Payzone money prepaid mastercard last year by just going to a Spar store.

Anyone applied for and received it successfully and have more to share about the process? Thanks!

Yes, I have one. I e mailed them saying I was not an Irish citizen and they sent me the form. I filled it in, attached the documents and mailed it back. They then e mailed me back and told me that my account had been opened and I needed to deopsit €175 onto the card.

I did that and 12 days after the money had been taken fro my account I had heard nothing. After a quick call to them it was all sorted and the card arrived in the post not long after.

Have been using it quite a bit already and guess I have saved myself about 66 so far using it. I just reload it online from my c/card. A bit of hassle in the first place but I think its well worth it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭noluck

flikflak wrote: »
    Have been using it quite a bit already and guess I have saved myself about 66 so far using it. I just reload it online from my c/card. A bit of hassle in the first place but I think its well worth it in the end.

Can you actually reload it online? They've told me that since I followed the manual procedure to get the card (send the forms by fax, which is required if you don't have an Irish passport), I'd have to reload it via a bank transfer.

That's what I did and it worked but it takes a few days for the money to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

noluck wrote: »
    Can you actually reload it online? They've told me that since I followed the manual procedure to get the card (send the forms by fax, which is required if you don't have an Irish passport), I'd have to reload it via a bank transfer.

That's what I did and it worked but it takes a few days for the money to show up.

Loaded it from transfer the first time then reloaded with c/card ever since with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

roxychix wrote: »
    does anyone know why ryanair booking is not working. ive tried and book flights from knock to barcelona but no luck. can search and after i put the security password thingy in it goes to blank page. anyone else got this problem

That exact same thing happens me when I try to book flights at work. I can book fine from this my personal laptop. I think it may be something to do with security settings on our work intranet so maybe similar issue for you. Try a different PC is all I can suggest or if you know anything about web security settings on your PC try and change those. That is something I cannot do at work (change any settings). I would not mind the flights I was booking were for work and all, Ryanair making me do free overtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Bought an Irish Independent on a Ryanair flight yesterday, bottom left corner of the paper said "This is a promotional copy, not for resale" - are Ryanair pulling a fast one and selling freebie newspapers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Offside wrote: »
    Bought an Irish Independent on a Ryanair flight yesterday, bottom left corner of the paper said "This is a promotional copy, not for resale" - are Ryanair pulling a fast one and selling freebie newspapers?

Quantas give them out free so I'd assume that's where they came from. Ryanair selling them on purpose wouldn't make much sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Offside wrote: »
    I reckon they pick up the used papers and sell them again on the next flight, one of those might have been from somewhere else. I'll often pick one up off a seat after the flight just to throw in the recycle bin rather than let Ryanair make another sneaky euro.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Well if they are making a couple of euro using this trick, there may be a more lucrative opportunity that my better half pointed out recently. Their one piece of carry on baggage rule could be costing them a lot of missed on-board sales opportunites.

This is because everything must be in one carry on piece of luggage, including handbags which contain purses. Therefore for a woman to purchase anything, she most likely has to extract a purse from a handbag from the one piece of carry on luggage from an overhead locker. My wife said she just didn't bother making a purchase when the trolley went past, though she would have got something if she'd had the purse to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Well if they are making a couple of euro using this trick, there may be a more lucrative opportunity that my better half pointed out recently. Their one piece of carry on baggage rule could be costing them a lot of missed on-board sales opportunites.

This is because everything must be in one carry on piece of luggage, including handbags which contain purses. Therefore for a woman to purchase anything, she most likely has to extract a purse from a handbag from the one piece of carry on luggage from an overhead locker. My wife said she just didn't bother making a purchase when the trolley went past, though she would have got something if she'd had the purse to hand.

You already can't get your hand luggage on busy a Ryan Air flight theres nothing they can do to change that - other than redesign the 737-800. What man doesn't have his wallet in in back or breast pocket anyway... I thought thats what we were there for - payment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Apologies, I'm sure this question has been done to death...

I'm in the UK, I have a UK maestro card and there is no option in the UK for UK maestro when I try to pay for a UK flight to Ireland

Do they not accept UK maestro?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is there any Maestro mentioned as an option on the payments screen? UK MAestro and International Maestro used to be classed as different card types but they're now all bundled in together.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is there any Maestro mentioned as an option on the payments screen? UK MAestro and International Maestro used to be classed as different card types but they're now all bundled in together.

No reference to maestro at all.....driving me nuts as I've no other form of payment

I'm in the UK, I have a UK maestro card and there is no option in the UK for UK maestro when I try to pay for a UK flight to Ireland

Thanks in advance

Anyone help?

Suggestions:

Try it on the UK site any way

Log on to the Irish site and try and pay in Euros

Go and buy a prepaid Visa or Mastercard and use that

Try Aerlingus

Suggestions:

Try it on the UK site any way

Log on to the Irish site and try and pay in Euros

Go and buy a prepaid Visa or Mastercard and use that

Try Aerlingus

Was it beckett that said ' Dublin University contains the cream of Ireland, rich & thick'

Applies to you...

I'm English, I'm not at a University and I'm not the one that can't use a website.

• Advertisement

Thanks in advance

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/how-can-i-pay-for-my-flights
    HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY FLIGHTS?

Ryanair accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards and the following debit cards UK Maestro, Visa Connect, Visa Electron, Mastercard Prepaid Debit & Visa Delta for payment of your flights.

As a special offer to Ryanair Cash Passport cardholders (UK, Italian, German, Irish & Spanish residents only) and Mastercard Prepaid (MP) card holders (excluding UK, Italian, German,Irish & Spanish Mastercard Prepaid), Ryanair, will not apply an administration handling fee to those customers paying by this method of payment.

Within Germany ONLY, ELV direct debit payments can only be accepted up to 10 days prior to the flight departure.

Thanks, but there is no maestro option when I comes tp payment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Maybe they do not take Maestro, have you phoned them up?

Have you tried selecting Mastercard?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Dont know if this has been said before but the Spaniards or should I say the Canarians have kicked that "One Bag" into touch, at least as far as buying duty free....:p
    Was on trip to/from Lanzarote last May and noticed signs saying.... It was illegal "NOT" to be allowed to carry a duty free bag as well as your one carry on bag....These signs were placed alongside the Ryanair One Bag signs....
    So off to Duty Free and arrived back at gate with 1 carry on Bag and 1 Duty Free bag containing two bottles whiskey...
    Not a word was said....and I was not the only one to do it...
    So folks if your travelling to Canaries ( dont know about Mainland Spain) You CAN bring back your Duty Free as an extra bag....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Placebo Effect - If you have nothing helpful to post, then please don't post. Attacking other posters is not tolerated.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Has anyone used the edreams website?

Tried entering the Dublin to Edinburgh route and it cameback offering Ryanair.com fares less a discount of €9.

Is this for real, and how have they managed to circumvent the ridiculous Ryanair.com security that I thought was supposed to be there to stop other travel websites searching and booking fares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Thanks in advance

Have you tried selecting Solo? Maestro in the UK derived from Switch / Solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What are the payment options available on the payment screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I used to travel a fair bit and would have booked maybe 6 or 7 flights a year with Ryanair, Easyjet, FlyBe, Jet2 etc.

I haven't booked a flight in approx 4 years due to 'settling down'!

However, I booked a flight yesterday for a family member on Ryanair, and could not believe how difficult it was to do. Awkward wasn't the word. How things have changed.

There seemed to be an effort to get you to take things you didn't want and keep price high. To go for just the flight and basic options was far from quick or easy. I think RA have pushed their marketing to new levels from my experience. Even having a suitcase preselected as wanting to buy it was just OTT for me.

I can now see why so many give off.

Advertisement