Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Well, they *might*..

If its full it would affect the necessary distance to take off.

Hence why non fully fueled 747 can land at Cork Airport and take off, but cannot do long haul directly, it has to refuel somewhere else along the way because if it was fully fueled Cork Airports runway wouldn't be long enough.

Anyway, these are the parameters they use to calculate the trip:
    screenshot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 angel_of_night

Hello, can anyone help me?
    I am trying to book a plane ticket and wont stop me giving this error

Untitled-2.png

Trying this everyday from a week...
    And i am sure my card is working, because i could book a ticket with monarch airplanes.

Thanks in advance

*sorry accidentally double posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

*sorry accidentally double posted

Card? Country? Whats logos does it have on it?

Card? Country? Whats logos does it have on it?

Mastercard
    I am from portugal and trying to book Birmingham > Faro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Mastercard
    I am from portugal and trying to book Birmingham > Faro

Have you tried contacting you bank. Perhaps there is some odd block on.

Have you tried contacting you bank. Perhaps there is some odd block on.
    But it worked with monarch.
    And I can do alot of online transactions...
    Well I am using mbnet if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Having problems trying to book with Ryanair. Everytime I click on the "book now" button to get a quote I get a pop under window for "Ryanair Hotels" the main page then erros as I have more than 1 Ryanair window open.
    Rang customer services who told me to get the latest version of Firefox. That would be great if I wasn't in work and my machine is locked down to use Internet Explorer.

But it worked with monarch.
    And I can do alot of online transactions...
    Well I am using mbnet if that matters.

Contact the bank, only they can answer your question.

Contact the bank, only they can answer your question.
    I did... they said there wasn't any problem with it.
    It's on ryanair's system...

Does anyone know if Ryanair only accepts credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope. They accept various debit cards subject to their "nominal" fees.

Yeah... mine is not credit, I just can't figure what the problem is :/
    I just want to be able to buy the ticket.... it's frustrating me....

Yeah... mine is not credit, I just can't figure what the problem is :/
    I just want to be able to buy the ticket.... it's frustrating me....

Ah, its a Virtual Card number:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_payment_number

Don't bother, those things are totally hit and miss.

Ah, its a Virtual Card number:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_payment_number

Don't bother, those things are totally hit and miss.

I have to do it because my real card doesnt have CVV number...
    And like I said, always been working so far. I am just having problems with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Just have a quick query. Flying to liverpool, Friend booked the flight but he spelled my name as O'Neil when it is O'Neill on passport, will this make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

But if you're worried give them a call and they'll amend it for free. They're surprisingly good with things like that (at least if you're not paying the €8 a minute phonebill!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Nothing to do with swineair and i cant see any thread for Aer Lingus but im flying with them for a change this weekend and actually quite looking forward to it as i usually fly with swineair and that isn't something to look forward to whatsoever:eek:

ANYWAY i notice you can check in on your phone so has anyone done this before and can you just scan it at the gate as opposed to checking in online and printing off the confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with swineair and i cant see any thread for Aer Lingus but im flying with them for a change this weekend and actually quite looking forward to it as i usually fly with swineair and that isn't something to look forward to whatsoever:eek:

ANYWAY i notice you can check in on your phone so has anyone done this before and can you just scan it at the gate as opposed to checking in online and printing off the confirmation.
    I did this earlier this month going to Spain and it was Childs play. You get a bar code online which you can take a screenshot off and it will scan through. Anything you printed off before had a bar code which was scanned through just like your phone will be scanned through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Quick question folks, would appreciate info from anyone who has been in the same situation before.

I booked a flight for me and a friend to go to London, I was down as lead passenger. Unfortunately, I will no longer be able to go, however my friend will still be going on that date.

Will the fact that I am not travelling cause any hassle and will they be fine once I print their boarding card?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No problem at all, I have done this before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Last week we were flying from Dublin to Poznan. Because of the fog in Poland we couldn't land at the airport and in the air - few minutes before landing they told us that we will be landing in Berlin and that there are buses waiting for us to take us to Poznan.
    We spend 50 minutes in the plane and after that we spend few hours on the airport - without any help from Ryanair - no buses, no nothing.
    For polish paper Stephen McNamara said that they will refund all the cost of getting to Poznan as long as you have receipt.
    I filled a form from Ryanair and get today replay that because of the fog i want get any money back?
    Is there something more i can do(except faxing my replay to ryanair) with that to get money back or just Small court left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Not sure, its difficult to get anything from them.

If my flight landed in the wrong place I'd encourage all passengers to not get off the plane unless the handed out travel vouchers or gave some guarantee in writing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

They would left the plane - that is what they did when people ask them about help(not on this flight) - and turned off lights, closed toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

loki7777 wrote: »
    They would left the plane - that is what they did when people ask them about help(not on this flight) - and turned off lights, closed toilets.

Wouldnt care, you could have a great sleep for a change if all the staff got off and turned off the lights.

For every hour that plane was sitting there with passengers refusing to get off ryanair would be losing a pile of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

From experience, if you follow Ryanairs procedures to the letter you'll get sorted out fairly efficiently. If you deviate from them, then things get drawn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Hi, my friend checked in online for a flight (today at 4.35) last night but didn't have a printer nearby. Went to print out the boarding pass just now but can't seem to be able to at all. Keep getting this error:

"Errors Detected!

You have more than one Ryanair booking page open, this can lead to booking errors. Please close all Ryanair booking pages and start again."

Can anyone offer any help please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

close all browser windows, clear cookies, restart browser, go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

I've done all those things and still not having any luck! :( here's a screenshot of what I'm getting. Can't click 'reprint' for some reason. I wonder will my friend have to pay a big fine when he gets to the airport for not having the boarding pass printed out?
    http://i.imgur.com/50DLH.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Get your friend to contact them on 0818303030 and explain what's going on. It's a national rate phone number, not premium rate.

You also have the option on screen to save the boarding pass as a pdf, which means you can try printing it through adobe.

Advertisement