Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

daysleeper wrote: »
    I've done all those things and still not having any luck! :( here's a screenshot of what I'm getting. Can't click 'reprint' for some reason. I wonder will my friend have to pay a big fine when he gets to the airport for not having the boarding pass printed out?
    http://i.imgur.com/50DLH.png

hit cancel, then try again, since its the only button option? sure there isnt another profile open on laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Fey! wrote: »
    Get your friend to contact them on 0818303030 and explain what's going on. It's a national rate phone number, not premium rate.

You also have the option on screen to save the boarding pass as a pdf, which means you can try printing it through adobe.

Hey, thanks for the reply. No you see the problem was there was no option to save the boarding pass or print it out even. The only button that we were able to click was 'cancel'... really odd. What happened was, he checked in online last night but when the boarding pass came up with the option to save/print, he didn't have a printer nearby so he decided to leave the tab open and the computer on and go to sleep. When he woke up and went to go save it, his session had 'timed out' apparently so we couldn't save the boarding pass or print it out. Then we went back to the RyanAir website to try and start again and it wouldn't let us.
    zuroph wrote: »
    hit cancel, then try again, since its the only button option? sure there isnt another profile open on laptop?

I'm positively sure! And I hit cancel and tried again lots of times but no luck. My friend ended up having to pay a hefty €60 fine for not having the ticket printed out when he went through security. Insane...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

. What happened was, he checked in online last night but when the boarding pass came up with the option to save/print, he didn't have a printer nearby

I'm positively sure! And I hit cancel and tried again lots of times but no luck. My friend ended up having to pay a hefty €60 fine for not having the ticket printed out when he went through security. Insane...

Thats why they have the save as a PDF option. He should have saved it when he first checked in knowing he didnt have access to a printer. It was pretty obvious the screen would time out if he left it open all night.

Even if I am printing mine I always save it too incase something should go wrong or I lose the print off. Save and send to e mail account which can be accessed anywhere should anything happen to your print off.

You'll have to call them then, they can possibly email you the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Hey, thanks for the reply. No you see the problem was there was no option to save the boarding pass or print it out even. The only button that we were able to click was 'cancel'... really odd. What happened was, he checked in online last night but when the boarding pass came up with the option to save/print, he didn't have a printer nearby so he decided to leave the tab open and the computer on and go to sleep. When he woke up and went to go save it, his session had 'timed out' apparently so we couldn't save the boarding pass or print it out. Then we went back to the RyanAir website to try and start again and it wouldn't let us.

No, not insane, rather it was stupid by your friend, not reading or understanding what is written clearly on-screen.

• Advertisement

one other thing you could try, use a different browser. Chrome, firefox, Internet explorer, whichever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

fup sake.

looks like i'll finally have to start paying their stoopid admin fees.
    opened a bank account years ago to get an electron card. then got a prepaid mastercard to after they scrapped the free admin on that, then signed up for one of these things.

Dear Cardholder,

Firstly we would like to thank you for purchasing a Ryanair Cash Passport card. We have seen thousands of our cardholders benefit from the offer of avoiding the admin fee charge on Ryanair.com since the launch of the card on 1st October 2011. We thank you for your continued support.

It is with regret that we write to inform you that, as a result of decisions by the UK Office of Fair Trading, Ryanair Cash Passport card users will no longer benefit from avoiding the £6 admin fee for transactions made on Ryanair.com from 1st December 2012. While we are disappointed at this development, Ryanair is obliged to honour the decisions of the UK Office of Fair Trading.

We are committed to providing you, the cardholder, with further updates on card promotions and intend on notifying you shortly on our planned changes in the card offering.

shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Hi, my friend checked in online for a flight (today at 4.35) last night but didn't have a printer nearby. Went to print out the boarding pass just now but can't seem to be able to at all. Keep getting this error:

"Errors Detected!

You have more than one Ryanair booking page open, this can lead to booking errors. Please close all Ryanair booking pages and start again."

Can anyone offer any help please? :)

I am also getting the same error message but i am just trying to book flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

fup sake.

opened a bank account years ago to get an electron card. then got a prepaid mastercard to after they scrapped the free admin on that, then signed up for one of these things.

shyte

Same here, I got the email as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

fup sake.

shyte

So is there going to be any free option then? If they advertise a fare there has to be a way to get it without paying the admin fee. Will be interesting to see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Is there any other way to avoid the admin fee except their Cash Passport? no luck with £-based Entropay cards by any chance, still?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is there any other way to avoid the admin fee except their Cash Passport? no luck with £-based Entropay cards by any chance, still?

No just pay the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Stheno wrote: »
    No just pay the charge.

thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

I got an answer from Entropay that Ryr don't accept their virtual or plastic crds any more - I've closed my account there.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Nope, only way to avoid the fees is with the cash passport. I have one as I use Ryanair a lot but it was a lot of hassle to get one and the minimum you can top it up by is €175 (+ €3 fee). Card costs €10 but you get a free €10 voucher to cover that. There's also a fee if you don't use the card for 6 months. And a fee if it goes into negative balance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The website doesn't work with Windows 8 - IE10

Consistently asks and refreshes the capture code.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I find Ryanair staff highly unprofessional... Giggling during the safety demo and over the PA system.
    Also, the flights I have been on over the last two weeks between Dublin and London- the staff are incomprehendable! They don't have a basic command of English and I cannot make out what they say over the PA because of this and the fact they are racing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

SeantheMan wrote: »

I had this problem also. Turned out i was putting in the code and hitting enter. But as the cursor defaults to refresh button beside the code, so all i kept getting was a new code to input. Try putting the code in and move your mouse over the send or search button.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

SeantheMan wrote: »

I had this problem also. Turned out i was putting in the code and hitting enter. But as the cursor defaults to refresh button beside the code, so all i kept getting was a new code to input. Try putting the code in and move your mouse over the send or search button.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Misticles wrote: »
    I find Ryanair staff highly unprofessional... Giggling during the safety demo and over the PA system.
    Also, the flights I have been on over the last two weeks between Dublin and London- the staff are incomprehendable! They don't have a basic command of English and I cannot make out what they say over the PA because of this and the fact they are racing through.

I usually find the female staff pretty friendly (usually a hello + smile) but the male staff unfriendly (lucky if they look at you and possibly a grunt). I do agree that a lot of them have very poor English and don't really understand if you ask them something. What they say over the PA is very difficult to understand though I usually block most of it out with wearing my headphones!
    As far as I know the staff are all agency staff so don't give a crap really! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    I usually find the female staff pretty friendly (usually a hello + smile) but the male staff unfriendly (lucky if they look at you and possibly a grunt). I do agree that a lot of them have very poor English and don't really understand if you ask them something. What they say over the PA is very difficult to understand though I usually block most of it out with wearing my headphones!
    As far as I know the staff are all agency staff so don't give a crap really! :rolleyes:

My last flight the head steward was male, and had a strong Dublin accent when you spoke to him person to person.

Over the in flight system he sounded like a strangled chicken!

Can't say I've noticed a difference between male and female staff and how friendly/courteous they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Use a decent airline:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I have around €100 still in my cash passport. not really much point keeping it there if they are going to do away with the only benefit on it. Dunnes stores slab Guinness €24 mmmmmmmmmmmmm think the card is ready for emptying, and while they have a charge for non use after 6 months they can hardly take something out of it when there's nothing left.

on the same but different, if you are booking EasyJet flights (I do from Belfast)and you have a debit card on your bank account (most have) convert to euros on the site before accepting the fares, opt to pay by debit card and you avoid 1) credit card charge 2) bank transfer charge. The administration is unavoidable unfortunately, but at least applies to the whole booking not just an individual. (usually €11 per booking) I got return EasyJet Dublin to Faro next May for 2 for € 156 total price - no bags, no seat purchase, but I did book early to get that price. (around €400 now for same flights)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 matty876

I hate ryanair....!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I had considered getting a cash passport but i certainly wont be now.

Rip off AIR...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

RE Cashpassport

I have not had any e mail from cash passport advising me of this. Is this a UK thing only. An article in the Guardian says

In a statement, Stephen McNamara of Ryanair said: "Ryanair regrets the recent anti-consumer ruling of the OFT, which will result in thousands of UK Ryanair Cash Passport holders no longer having a free form of payment that allows them to avoid the £6 admin fee when booking flights on Ryanair.com. This is another example of regulatory interference by the OFT which once again increases the cost of travel for passengers."

UK cash passport is stated in that paragraph. Maybe it doesnt apply here?

flikflak wrote: »
    RE Cashpassport

I have not had any e mail from cash passport advising me of this. Is this a UK thing only. An article in the Guardian says

In a statement, Stephen McNamara of Ryanair said: "Ryanair regrets the recent anti-consumer ruling of the OFT, which will result in thousands of UK Ryanair Cash Passport holders no longer having a free form of payment that allows them to avoid the £6 admin fee when booking flights on Ryanair.com. This is another example of regulatory interference by the OFT which once again increases the cost of travel for passengers."

UK cash passport is stated in that paragraph. Maybe it doesnt apply here?

Hey Stevie baby - isn't there another way? Couldn't Ryanair scrap the ridiculous 'Admin fee' and make a little less profit at customer's expense?

In addition I seem to remember Ryanair promising that if the Irish government lowered what they called the 'Tourist Tax' they would bring in a number of millions of additional passengers per annum to Ireland. Now that the reduced tax of €3 has been in place for some time how many additional passengers has Ryanair delivered on? Will Ryanair make up any shortfall in revenue to the Irish taxpayer if they haven't hit their targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Anyone remember the ash cloud last year? Ryanair did a bit of crying (partly justified) that airlines, and only airlines, were responsible for customers hotels costs etc when they could not return home, because of the ash cloud. Uncle Micael went on air complaining that a customer who only paid 9.99 for a flight was now claiming 1,000 for a stay in a luxury hotel. And I confess that I had/have sympathy with any airline who had to fork up for accommodation, even though the airlines had nothing to do with it. The EU SHOULD have hammered the insurance companies on this matter, instead they simply walked away from it, scott free, claiming it was an 'act of God' or some such excuse. Insurance is a scam most of the time but that time they really took the piss.
    But Uncle Michael not to be outdone - introduced an EU levy - only €2 a pop to cover for such claims. Now according to all his advertising/boasting etc he says that Ryanair will carry in excess of 80 million passengers this year. And at €2 a pop thats a nice cool €160 million + into the arse pocket. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

joeysoap wrote: »
    But Uncle Michael not to be outdone - introduced an EU levy - only €2 a pop to cover for such claims. Now according to all his advertising/boasting etc he says that Ryanair will carry in excess of 80 million passengers this year. And at €2 a pop thats a nice cool €160 million + into the arse pocket. Nice one.

By your own argument, you're getting a free hotel for 2 euro should there be another ash cloud.

How much do you pay in insurance??

Anyone having problems booking flights this morning?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    By your own argument, you're getting a free hotel for 2 euro should there be another ash cloud.

How much do you pay in insurance??

Anyone having problems booking flights this morning?

Emmm - €2 per trip so if you travel on a weekly basis this could be up to €100 per annum. As there hasn't been an ash cloud issue for 2.5 years now Ryanair are quids in.

€65 per year insurance for the family.

No problems booking flights on Aer Lingus at all.

Advertisement