Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I am well aware of that
    So you agree then that it is very possible for an Irish person to purchase flights on Ryanair's website at the price advertised?

Whether someone takes the cheaper route like that or not is their choice. Many just pay the fees since the flight is so cheap anyway but if you think before paying out money then you can avoid it. When it comes to all cheap no-frills airlines, you have to use them the right way to get them at their cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

axer wrote: »
    So you agree then that it is very possible for an Irish person to purchase flights on Ryanair's website at the price advertised?

Whether someone takes the cheaper route like that or not is their choice. Many just pay the fees since the flight is so cheap anyway but if you think before paying out money then you can avoid it. When it comes to all cheap no-frills airlines, you have to use them the right way to get them at their cheapest.

I have agreed several times that it is possible to pay the advertised fare.

Again if you are going to try and convince me there is no way that any reasonable person could find this misleading then go ahead.

Don't start applying the same type of 'ham sandwich' logic you applied above just look at an ad that does not stipulate that the advertsied fare is dependent on payment method and tell me (and justiy the logic involved) that it could not possibly mislead the man in the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GBA

MOH wrote: »
    Think that's only if they've luggage checked in, as if they don't board they have to take the bags off.

actually, i had a similar experience to the op. and i wasn't the only passenger left missing the flight! when i went to the ryanair desk to complain they admitted that my name should have been called out regardless of the fact i only had carry on luggage! they said i could write to their complaints department...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

From yesterday's Irish Times - positive publicity for a change
    A reader from Co Tipperary thought he should bring our attention to his recent dealings with Ryanair. "I suffered a bereavement in my family recently," he writes, "and was unable to use my flight booked with Ryanair. When I subsequently sought to make a claim on my multi-trip travel insurance, I needed to get a 'no show' letter from the airline. On contacting Ryanair and supplying the details, I received a letter of condolence and a full refund of the airfare. Is this the human face of Ryanair that Michael O'Leary tries to hide?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ryanair are very good to refund in the event of a death in the family. My brother got a full refund a couple of years ago when my father died and he was unable to use his flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

I do not know anybody in Ireland who can get a Visa Electron debit card.

dont halifax have a visa electron with their current account instead of laser?

Ryan air can be great value , im off to nice for a few days for €30 return including all taxes & charges. Im checking in online and bringing only hand luggage. my oh loves hand luggage only as im forced to not bring the numerous outfits and shoes that i never end up wearing :)

however i dont have kids - you could not travel with kids on hand luggage only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

snowey07 wrote: »
    dont halifax have a visa electron with their current account instead of laser?
    No, they issue a Visa Debit card rather than Electron, and it's subject to the full Ryanair booking fee. I've yet to hear of any Irish financial institution issuing Visa Electron cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Breezer wrote: »
    No, they issue a Visa Debit card rather than Electron, and it's subject to the full Ryanair booking fee. I've yet to hear of any Irish financial institution issuing Visa Electron cards.
    mbna gift cards. u can preload them with credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

received an email on friday evening from ryanair telling me theyd changed a flight time on me from 14.25 to 18.20, now this didnt suit coz i was flying for a football match, so i rang them and got a wonderfully pleasant american girl on the phone who had no problem switching to a flight that suited for me for no fee (understandably, a fee wouldve been unacceptable). wonderfully friendly, obligine service completely at odds with most of this thread.

my record of never having a single issue with ryanair that couldnt be solved with a quick, friendly phonecall continues unabaited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Helix wrote: »
    received an email on friday evening from ryanair telling me theyd changed a flight time on me from 14.25 to 18.20, now this didnt suit coz i was flying for a football match, so i rang them and got a wonderfully pleasant american girl on the phone who had no problem switching to a flight that suited for me for no fee (understandably, a fee wouldve been unacceptable). wonderfully friendly, obligine service completely at odds with most of this thread.

my record of never having a single issue with ryanair that couldnt be solved with a quick, friendly phonecall continues unabaited

happy for you. don't forget that for most of us they don't bother answering helplines and other telephone numbers etc.

I flew with Ryanair for a change from Aer Lingus on Wednesday. My God, but they beat the pants off A.L. in terms of punctuality.

The plane landed late (just as the Aer Lingus one would). However, they boarded us fast and we landed back in Dublin ahead of schedule. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Back in June I booked some 'free' flights to London for myself and my boyfriend. We are due to fly in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, as a student, I am now broke and swamped with work so we have decided not to go. We then decided to look at possibly changing the flights to after Christmas. After finding the perfect flights, and they were free again, we went to book them only to find we were going to be charged €140 for changing the flights and €115 in taxes - €255 in total. We decided to cut our losses and not go.

Then I decided to look up the same flights as a new booking. Obviously the €140 for changing the flights was gone so we just have to pay €115 now. I wonder which option we're going for...

ergonomics wrote: »
    Then I decided to look up the same flights as a new booking. Obviously the €140 for changing the flights was gone so we just have to pay €115 now. I wonder which option we're going for...
    Thats the way they want it. They want you to book a new flight instead of changing it.

Back in June I booked some 'free' flights to London for myself and my boyfriend. We are due to fly in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, as a student, I am now broke and swamped with work so we have decided not to go. We then decided to look at possibly changing the flights to after Christmas. After finding the perfect flights, and they were free again, we went to book them only to find we were going to be charged €140 for changing the flights and €115 in taxes - €255 in total. We decided to cut our losses and not go.

good job sherlock.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    happy for you. don't forget that for most of us they don't bother answering helplines and other telephone numbers etc.

if you ring the number for foreigners they answer straight away, its a dublin number

ive had to ring them a few times and always gotten through (granted you might be holding for 2 or 3 minutes after making your selections on the keypad)

NEVER change flights with a budget airline, its always cheaper to book fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Slightly off topic.

I booked return flights yesterday evening with ryanair, and one of the passengers is booked as doctor instead of Mr. on the confirmation I got, but the one I printed off their website just gives names not titles. I went for online checkin option , do I have anything to worry about when I get to the airport or will it be ok?

indiewindy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic.

I booked return flights yesterday evening with ryanair, and one of the passengers is booked as doctor instead of Mr. on the confirmation I got, but the one I printed off their website just gives names not titles. I went for online checkin option , do I have anything to worry about when I get to the airport or will it be ok?
    As long as the name is correct then there shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

axer wrote: »
    As long as the name is correct then there shouldn't be an issue.

Great thanks for that, I feared having to change the booking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

My partner is returning from Sweden next week after surgery. I can't see anywhere on the Ryanair website to request wheelchair assistance. She will be unable to walk the long distance from the pier to arrivals without one. How can I put in a request for one? Do you have to book by phone for this or am I missing some box on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

My partner is returning from Sweden next week after surgery. I can't see anywhere on the Ryanair website to request wheelchair assistance. She will be unable to walk the long distance from the pier to arrivals without one. How can I put in a request for one? Do you have to book by phone for this or am I missing some box on the website?

Never done it, but think you need to call them - more info here.
    Phone numbers for special assistance line here

Ireland is 01-2497761;
    nothing specific for Sweden;
    Rest of europe use the UK number: +44 871 246 0003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 RTE

GBA wrote: »
    actually, i had a similar experience to the op. and i wasn't the only passenger left missing the flight! when i went to the ryanair desk to complain they admitted that my name should have been called out regardless of the fact i only had carry on luggage! they said i could write to their complaints department...

Would you be interested in contacting RTE Prime Time at <snip> to explain your story. We would
    be delighted to hear from you.

*EDIT: This user has a dedicated thread in Consumer Issues. You can find their email address in this thread, or you can contact them via the PM function.

RTE, you better be planning to tell both sides of the story, theres plenty of positive press in this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

zuroph wrote: »
    RTE, you better be planning to tell both sides of the story, theres plenty of positive press in this thread too.

This isnt TV3. Most of RTEs stuff is well informed and non-biased, although this notwithstanding they do seem to talk to people as if their thick sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

Sorry if this question is asked all the time.
    If you cancel a flight, do you get any refund?
    Cheers,
    W:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

My friend recently canceled a flight with aerlingus which costs approx 200 euros and only recieved 21 back or something.

OK, ryanair serious messed with my flights, different day and different airport 190km away :mad: They sent an email to accept changes or apply for a refund. I applied last week for a refund, thought everything was ok but got another email today asking me what I would like to do, accept changes or apply for refund. The departure date is fast approaching and I want to know is there any way I can be assured they recieved my refund request. I tried ringing the helpline and it keeps telling me to check the website. Is there no possible way of talking to somebody. All I see is a fax number. Would it be worth faxing this number or would it just be thrown in the bin?

Any help would be appreciated

your best bet is to ring them on 01-2497791

witzky wrote: »
    Sorry if this question is asked all the time.
    If you cancel a flight, do you get any refund?
    Cheers,
    W:D

Depends on the terms and conditions under which you booked and with the airline.

If it's Ryanair or another budget carrier, then you won't get a refund on the air fare portion of the cost, but you are entitled to claim back the unused taxes (subject to an administration fee).

If you don't take the flights due to exceptional circumstances such as a bereavement, then most airlines will refund the fare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭badlyparkedmerc

I'm referring to something several pages back - DAA causing ryanair problems by switching gates, but thought a few people would be interested.

I was listening to a web feed of Dublin's air traffic control a few years ago, trying out a link someone had given me (fairly boring after a while). Anyway I got a faint feeling that one controller was treating Ryanair differently than Aer Lingus pilots, much more friendly with Aer Lingus.

At one point a Ryanair pilot was trying to offload his passengers after landing, no doubt in a hurry as would be his passengers.

The pilot more or less pleaded to unload his passengers maybe 5 times over a 5 minute period, the controller just kept saying in an unprofessional, disinterested and unhelpful tone that the pilot would need to contact some other section of the airport.

The controller on the last request by the pilot said go ahead and disembark. There may have been some sorting out behind the scenes but as a lay person with no idea of the procedures involved it just sounded like the controller eventually tired of his little game.

Advertisement