Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Ryanair flight requests priority landing due to having "only 5 minutes of holding fuel". It seems to have been within the legal minimum required but not enough to cover this emergency.

http://avherald.com/h?article=45a2df69&opt=0

German regulator claims budget airline may have saved millions by giving false information

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250542/Ryanair-accused-tax-evasion-giving-false-information-weight-aircraft-save-millions.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Sh*t sh*t sh*t , I just checked my husband on his mate on a flight to the UK for a football match but very stupidly put their passport details to the wrong name. E.g passenger ones details on passengers number twos name and vice versa. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem for them in either airport. HELP , having a major panic attack here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Karen23 wrote: »
    Sh*t sh*t sh*t , I just checked my husband on his mate on a flight to the UK for a football match but very stupidly put their passport details to the wrong name. E.g passenger ones details on passengers number twos name and vice versa. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem for them in either airport. HELP , having a major panic attack here.

You'll probably be fine, I've never had them check my passport that closely tbh

Stheno wrote: »

You'll probably be fine, I've never had them check my passport that closely tbh

I'm thinking the same myself , once the the name on the boarding pass matches the name on the passport it should be ok. The passport details are not on the boarding pass but do they come up when its scanned and might be noticed then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm thinking the same myself , once the the name on the boarding pass matches the name on the passport it should be ok. The passport details are not on the boarding pass but do they come up when its scanned and might be noticed then.

You could change the details online, but it will cost you €50 per ticket.

You could also check with them at the checkin/luggage desk.

You could change the details online, but it will cost you €50 per ticket.

You could also check with them at the checkin/luggage desk.

Or should they take a chance and hope its not noticed :/

That's what I'd do tbh, and be ready to stump up if they insist on changing it at the gate.

I'd doubt they will notice it, the rush to get people on the flight means they have a quick look at the passport and that's it

That's what I'd do tbh, and be ready to stump up if they insist on changing it at the gate.

I'd doubt they will notice it, the rush to get people on the flight means they have a quick look at the passport and that's it

I'm not even going with them so I won't know what happens in the airport til one of them rings me and says they're on the plane. Sweating.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just ring Customer support and explain?

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    just ring Customer support and explain?

Will they charge a fee though ?

Just found this on the Ryanair site : Flight Uncheck Fee: Per Passenger/ Per One Way Flight Not Available Online. Not Available Online. £15 via call centre only. €15 via call centre only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I have (not really out of preferance) · flew with FR about 50 times this year and not once do they ever check the actual passport number, they'll be fine

I notice Which magazine readers have again voted FR bottom of the league for overall satisfaction, now there's a surprise ;-)

Sorry , here's what I did. Three passengers

Passenger One - Checked in correctly
    Passenger Two - Checked in with Passenger 3's details
    Passenger Three - Not yet checked in.

So do I :

Check Passenger 3 in with his own details which will be the same as passenger 2.

Check passenger 3 in with passenger 2's details and if stopped say they it was a mistake they should be vice versa

or

Ring up and pay the fee to uncheck Passenger 2 and check 2 and 3 in correctly. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

they probably wont charge a fee if you explain the mix up, they usually dont

Yep Ryanair is like that alright.

Ryanair’s attitude ‘shocked’ Limerick dad of ill Sophie
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/ryanair-s-attitude-shocked-limerick-dad-of-ill-sophie-1-4609470

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just queuing for my flight to Liverpool and I am having a right laugh at all those with excessive hand baggage. It is going to be a good payday for Mick and the gang.

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    Yep Ryanair is like that alright.

Ryanair’s attitude ‘shocked’ Limerick dad of ill Sophie
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/ryanair-s-attitude-shocked-limerick-dad-of-ill-sophie-1-4609470

if you had a read of the thread, time and time again, they've fixed customers errors with check in free of charge over the phone. Its a regular thing on this thread.

As for people turning up with bags 6kg overweight without getting in touch about medical equipment first, :rolleyes:

There is a system in place for everything, and they charge when needs be. The customers managed to distribute between other bags and boarded, its a non-story, it happens every day.

Aer lingus charge for check in errors too BTW, my mothers friend accidentally booked two flights on the same name, first CSR tried to charge her €100 for name change, she rang back a while later and second guy did the change FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

Hi
    Just did a quick search and couldn't find an answer:Does anyone know how much the Ryanair Samsonite soft cabin bag weighs?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

They told me to check in passenger 3 as normal with his own details and they unchecked passenger 2 free of charge so I could check him in again correctly. Phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

They told me to check in passenger 3 as normal with his own details and they unchecked passenger 2 free of charge so I could check him in again correctly. Phew.

Bunch of BAR-STEWARDS! Down with Ryanair down with their excellent safety record, super cheap flights no longer than a bus journey and now... NOW they have the gall to provide a decent service, free of charge.

I bought a flight for about €10 a couple of years back - got snowed off. The captain let every kid on the plane come up to the cockpit - including the big kids and had a chat to them and even got off at one point to find out what was going on. I changed kept it in my back pocket until I needed to go home last minute and it was exchanged on line for a €150 flight. Jaysus no idea why I use this shower - oh yeah I do I can think for myself and read T&Cs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Just queuing for my flight to Liverpool and I am having a right laugh at all those with excessive hand baggage. It is going to be a good payday for Mick and the gang.

How was your first time ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It was a great experience. Couldn't fault them at all. Very impressed with them. Play by their rules and you will have no problems.

Only observation is that paying for priority boarding is a waste of money. On each flight less than 5 people paid for it.

It was a great experience. Couldn't fault them at all. Very impressed with them. Play by their rules and you will have no problems.

Only observation is that paying for priority boarding is a waste of money. On each flight less than 5 people paid for it.

Depends how you look at it. I was on a flight where it seemed at least half paid so they still "had to" rush to queue. Luckily for them the flight was only about 70% full so they didn't miss out too much. Also some people are fussy about where they sit so will pay the priority boarding fee for that rather than for time savings.

Depends how you look at it. I was on a flight where it seemed at least half paid so they still "had to" rush to queue. Luckily for them the flight was only about 70% full so they didn't miss out too much. Also some people are fussy about where they sit so will pay the priority boarding fee for that rather than for time savings.

I do the reserved seating for the extra leg room

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I do the reserved seating for the extra leg room

I get on last, no waiting in the queue and you generally get an emergency seat as unless reserved there kept to last

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I just want to know if anyone else has come across this and have been shocked.

I'm well aware of the issue of buying flights with Ryanair and being charged the admin fee.

But buying a €25 voucher and being charged €31 because of the admin fee just seems ridiculous.

That also means, that the person I bought the voucher for will also have to pay a admin fee when they are booking the flight which we all know costs ryanair more along the lines of 20c as opposed to €6.

I had planned to buy ryanair vouchers for a few people as christmas presents, but it really just took the fun out of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair megathread

dudara

• Advertisement

The days of Ruinair being the cheapest airline all the time has gone, when you factor in all the other charges they can end up more expensive, a few months ago it was €35 more expensive to fly FR to Stansted, €22 to Gatwick and €11 to Luton then flying Aer Lingus to Heathrow, and even more when you include transport costs into London whereas the tube from Heathrow is cheaper.

Advertisement