Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

jonnny68 wrote: »
    The days of Ruinair being the cheapest airline all the time has gone, when you factor in all the other charges they can end up more expensive, a few months ago it was €35 more expensive to fly FR to Stansted, €22 to Gatwick and €11 to Luton then flying Aer Lingus to Heathrow, and even more when you include transport costs into London whereas the tube from Heathrow is cheaper.

I fly to London a fair bit, and I always compare all the prices, with everything factored in. I have never in my life found Aer Fungus to be cheaper. Or a better service, for that matter. I could probably easily cherry pick examples of how AL would cost €100 more for a particular return journey. But at this stage this thread seems to have largely devolved from any kind of specific consumer issues to general ranting about Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

jonnny68 wrote: »
    The days of Ruinair being the cheapest airline all the time has gone, when you factor in all the other charges they can end up more expensive, a few months ago it was €35 more expensive to fly FR to Stansted, €22 to Gatwick and €11 to Luton then flying Aer Lingus to Heathrow, and even more when you include transport costs into London whereas the tube from Heathrow is cheaper.

perfect, i'll just go back in time and book that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 af1020

I bought a ticket on Ryanair that I don't intend to use. According to this page Ryanair will refund the collected Government Taxes if the ticket is not used.
    If you do not use your booked flight, the fare, fees and charges are non-refundable but you may apply in writing within one month of the date of original travel for the refund of the Government Tax paid. Government tax refunds are subject to an administration fee. click here for fee details. If the refund amount is less than the applicable administration fee, no refund will be made.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-apply-for-a-refund-for-my-unused-flight

Does anyone know where to write this request? I searched the website but could not find an address (physical or email) where I should mail this request.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Under Contacting Customer Services, Refunds...

http://schchng.ryanair.com/refweb.asp. Choose "Request a refund of Government Tax" from the drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Ryanair Megathread

dudara

@opa01_2000 This thread is for assisting people with Ryanair-related issues. If you want to discuss the news articles to which you've posted links, you're better off posting in the Aviation forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

Yesterday I booked return flights from Dublin to Rome with Ryanair for the February mid-term (11th-15th) for the princely sum of E95. (By comparison, Aer Lingus were charging E186 return for flights on the same days.)

I know that if I print off my boarding card, bring a bag which is within the specified limits, and show up to the airport in time Ryanair will get me to my destination without any other quibble, and more than likely, get me there on time.

For me, "customer service" means getting me to my destination safely and on time and for a reasonable price. On these counts, Ryanair wins almost every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

^^^^^^^^^

Don't forget your passport !!

• Advertisement

TheUsual wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^

Don't forget your passport !!

Ah Mick and the lads are fairly relaxed about that. Sure I flew with them a few years ago, they'll know who I am.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

I haven't read all 2800 posts, so maybe this has been posted before:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9VcCzMSqg&feature=share

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

dukedalton wrote: »
    Yesterday I booked return flights from Dublin to Rome with Ryanair for the February mid-term (11th-15th) for the princely sum of E95. (By comparison, Aer Lingus were charging E186 return for flights on the same days.)

Those prices are still available (now anyway)and there is as you state a considerable saving on RY. Oddly enough if you changed dates to 9th-15th there is less than €3 difference. and that includes Aer Lingus charging €6 for credit card.

I have often wondered how Ryanair have no taxes on some flights, but they do, all the time.

another thing that I have noticed is that while Aer Lingus have a more expensive starting off price for seats they also have a lower final price for seats. If you are lucky enough and book early Ryanair easily win on price. If however you are unfortunate and book late on a fairly full flight then Aer Lingus appear to have a 'cap' on last seat prices, wheras Ryanair will gough you at that stage. Just my observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Big apology from Sunday Times today about misreporting on Ryanair

'we accept that all these allegations were untrue and apologise to Ryanair for the damage caused by this article. We have agreed to pay Ryanair substantial damages, which at the company's request will be paid to The Jack and Jill Children's foundation'

Paper never refuses ink and shame on the Sunday Times for such reporting on the first instance.( but then again the Sun is their sister newspaper:rolleyes:)

joeysoap wrote: »
    Big apology from Sunday Times today about misreporting on Ryanair

'we accept that all these allegations were untrue and apologise to Ryanair for the damage caused by this article. We have agreed to pay Ryanair substantial damages, which at the company's request will be paid to The Jack and Jill Children's foundation'

Paper never refuses ink and shame on the Sunday Times for such reporting on the first instance.( but then again the Sun is their sister newspaper:rolleyes:)

Which story are they apologising for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dukedalton wrote: »

Which story are they apologising for?
    The crap that was posted on here regarding a "leaked Spanish authority report" that detailed 1200 violations of safety procedure in 2012, and talked about abusing the mayday procedure to skip flight queues, not holding enough reserve fuel etc. made up, no report

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Biggies

Here's the link for that fake report in which every single customer complaint was regarded as an "incidence". It's in Spanish, but you can use google translate if you can't read it. The comments are also worth reading: From people shouting abuse to the company (usually those who never fly with them) and from the ones defending them (those who do) :rolleyes:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2012/09/10/economia/1347288990.html

Trying to pay for a flight with the 'International Maestro' option, using an AIB Laser/Maestro card.

It accept the card details, then gives a message saying 'Additional security details are requred', and pops up a box for the bank verification (similar to the 'Verified by Visa' thing for credit cards).

But after I enter the details it just sits there, and doesn't complete the purchase.

Just wondering if it's my browser, or is it actually possible to use this option with an Irish card?

To the best of my knowledge Laser <> International Maestro in all cases. Laser's international functionality is extremely limited.

dudara wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge Laser <> International Maestro in all cases. Laser's international functionality is extremely limited.

I'd thought though that the newer bank cards had Maestro as well as Laser.
    Gave up in the end, paid the extra €1.40 and booked by c/card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

MOH wrote: »
    Trying to pay for a flight with the 'International Maestro' option, using an AIB Laser/Maestro card.

It accept the card details, then gives a message saying 'Additional security details are requred', and pops up a box for the bank verification (similar to the 'Verified by Visa' thing for credit cards).

But after I enter the details it just sits there, and doesn't complete the purchase.

Just wondering if it's my browser, or is it actually possible to use this option with an Irish card?

I don't think Laser allows International purchases with Maestro. Its partnered with Maestro but the Maestro details aren't on the card.

Same as the Dutch PIN system, also partered with Maestro but you cannot use it for online purchases (except with iDeal)

Don't think it'll change either since Laser is being phased out and replaced with Visa Debit.

I don't think Laser allows International purchases with Maestro. Its partnered with Maestro but the Maestro details aren't on the card.

Same as the Dutch PIN system, also partered with Maestro but you cannot use it for online purchases (except with iDeal)

Don't think it'll change either since Laser is being phased out and replaced with Visa Debit.

Ah, fair enough. Was just a bit confusing that it gave no error.

Lesson learned: while I was messing around trying to save 1.40 on credit card fee, bloody flights went up 20 quid :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

MOH wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough. Was just a bit confusing that it gave no error.

Lesson learned: while I was messing around trying to save 1.40 on credit card fee, bloody flights went up 20 quid :o

I feel your pain.
    Same thing happened to me, flights doubled in price, but it was closer to the flight departure date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Got a voucher as a present for Christmas. Well, got two vouchers for €50 each, so amounting to €100. Vouchers are both in my name.
    I went to book a flight earlier & needed to use both vouchers. I entered in the first voucher and it said that the voucher had already been used!!!
    It took the second voucher no problem and I paid the balance with my credit card, even though I wanted to use the other voucher.
    There seems to be two issues:
    1. The first voucher is 'already used' according to their website, which is TOTALLY incorrect.
    2. There was no facility I could see where I could use both vouchers for the same flight anyway...seems like I was limited to using only one voucher per flight.

I am going to have to ring them in the morning to get them to re-activate the so-called 'used' voucher. Anyone else experience this? I'm dreading it as I expect I'll have to argue my case and try and prove I never used the voucher.

Merged into the Ryanair megathread

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

ted1 wrote: »
    I get on last, no waiting in the queue and you generally get an emergency seat as unless reserved there kept to last

Snap Ted. Works about 70% of the time for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Got a voucher as a present for Christmas. Well, got two vouchers for €50 each, so amounting to €100. Vouchers are both in my name.
    I went to book a flight earlier & needed to use both vouchers. I entered in the first voucher and it said that the voucher had already been used!!!
    It took the second voucher no problem and I paid the balance with my credit card, even though I wanted to use the other voucher.
    There seems to be two issues:
    1. The first voucher is 'already used' according to their website, which is TOTALLY incorrect.
    2. There was no facility I could see where I could use both vouchers for the same flight anyway...seems like I was limited to using only one voucher per flight.

I am going to have to ring them in the morning to get them to re-activate the so-called 'used' voucher. Anyone else experience this? I'm dreading it as I expect I'll have to argue my case and try and prove I never used the voucher.

Update: I rang them, they sorted it out and vouchers ok to use again. Spoke to a v nice customer care girl and have to say they rectified my issue quickly. Still a bit peeved over the fact that you can only use one voucher per booking and you can't buy say a €75 voucher (must be in two vouchers of €50 & €25 denomination & you can then only use one.) but hey, could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Just got this today

We would like to thank you for purchasing a Ryanair Cash Passport Card. Since its launch in Ireland on 31 January 2012 we have seen many of our cardholders benefit from the offer of avoiding the administration fee charge on www.ryanair.com. We thank you for your continued support.
    As you will be aware from Ryanair’s previous announcements, all new bookings made on www.ryanair.com from 30 November 2012 are subject to an administration fee, which can be avoided if the booking is made using a Ryanair Cash Passport in Ireland until 31 January 2013. This benefit will however no longer apply in Ireland from 1 February 2013. For more information on the administration fee please visit www.ryanair.com.
    The Terms and Conditions of the Ryanair Cash Passport Card have not changed as a result of the change to the administration fee, and you can still enjoy all the other benefits your Ryanair Cash

Not sure if its news to others but it defeats the whole point of having the card for me. Ill be getting rid asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ITBhoy

Yip, looks like we are back paying the admin charge from Feb 1st 2013, I got the notification below a few days ago

As you will be aware from Ryanair’s previous announcements, all new bookings made on www.ryanair.com from 30 November 2012 are subject to an administration fee, which can be avoided if the booking is made using a Ryanair Cash Passport in Ireland until 31 January 2013. This benefit will however no longer apply in Ireland from 1 February 2013. For more information on the administration fee please visit www.ryanair.com. - same for UK users also .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Update: I rang them, they sorted it out and vouchers ok to use again. Spoke to a v nice customer care girl and have to say they rectified my issue quickly. Still a bit peeved over the fact that you can only use one voucher per booking and you can't buy say a €75 voucher (must be in two vouchers of €50 & €25 denomination & you can then only use one.) but hey, could be worse.

If it was me, I would go back to the person who gave you Ryanair vouchers and say never again please

Advertisement