Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

All airlines require their staff to do multiple journeys on the same day. I know that one of the early morning flights from London goes from Dublin to Faro with the same staff on board. So I would not be surprised if sometimes they got it wrong, hardly the end of the world. AFAIK flight attendants are now referred to as cabin crew. which makes sense.

I have a friend who struggles to book online so I do the booking for him. Last booking to UK about 1 month ago. Yesterday he asked me to book another flight, also to UK.
    Noticed: 1) the administration charge has increased to €7 per person per flight (80m passengers x €1 = €80,000,000 - tasty)
    2) EU 261 Levy increased to €2.50 per person per flight (so an additonal €40,000,000 for practically non existant claims - nice one)
    3) Web checkin increased to €7 per person per flight (another €80,000,000 - sweet)

trawled through all the usual no places , no insurance, no bags, no sports gear, no hire car, no airport transers, no hotels, no suitcase purchase, no win flights etc and completed booking and there was a new beauty added. €10 back on you next Ryanair purchase.
    just register, give them your card details and they will keep you in the loop for the grand sum of €12 per month - delicious)

don't you just love them.
    but to be fair they have no fuel surcharges.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Not necessarily as the online check in charge doesn't appear on promotional fares, plus also I've seen fares which waive the EU261 levy as well as the admin charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

joeysoap wrote: »

Of all of O'Leary's propaganda pieces, this one is one of my all-time favorites. Like every other airline, Ryanair factor in fuel when setting their prices. Just because they don't explicitly show what the fuel charge is they have some people believing they aren't passing the rising cost of fuel onto the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

I have a friend who struggles to book online so I do the booking for him. Last booking to UK about 1 month ago. Yesterday he asked me to book another flight, also to UK.
    Noticed: 1) the administration charge has increased to €7 per person per flight (80m passengers x €1 = €80,000,000 - tasty)
    2) EU 261 Levy increased to €2.50 per person per flight (so an additonal €40,000,000 for practically non existant claims - nice one)
    3) Web checkin increased to €7 per person per flight (another €80,000,000 - sweet)

trawled through all the usual no places , no insurance, no bags, no sports gear, no hire car, no airport transers, no hotels, no suitcase purchase, no win flights etc and completed booking and there was a new beauty added. €10 back on you next Ryanair purchase.
    just register, give them your card details and they will keep you in the loop for the grand sum of €12 per month - delicious)

And from Derry these new charges are all in GBP so the "admin fee" is actually around €8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    And from Derry these new charges are all in GBP so the "admin fee" is actually around €8.

What currency do you expect them to use for a flight originating in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

as a matter of interest, does everyone who gives out about Ryanair fly other airlines? Or just enjoying giving out so much they fly with Ryanair?

I fly with them 8+ times a year and still love them and their fares. Plus they are opening a direct flight dub-bremen which is one ive been wanting for a while now.

fantastic airline.

what the poster is referring to is that Ryanair make no allowance for Sterling/Euro exchange rates.

El Spearo wrote: »
    as a matter of interest, does everyone who gives out about Ryanair fly other airlines? Or just enjoying giving out so much they fly with Ryanair?
    fantastic airline.

I have flights booked with them in October, and have never had a problem with them. They do what it says on the tin. I also have flights booked with EasyJet (x2) and Aer Lingus. Whatever suits. happy there is some competition on the route I use most. If all 3 had the same flights for the same price my order of choice would be Aer Lingus, EasyJet and Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I fly with them 8+ times a year and still love them and their fares. Plus they are opening a direct flight dub-bremen which is one ive been wanting for a while now.

fantastic airline.

KLM, Singapore, BA, Transavia, Wizzair, Easyjet, BMIbaby, BMI, Norwegian, SAS, Alitalia, Aer Lingus, Lufthansa, to name a few.

Always pick based on convenience/price.

Wizzair were easily the worst.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

It's been posted here how to get around this.

Look up your your flight as normal
    Open a new window and look up any flight in the Eurozone
    Go back to original window to proceed and it should now be in €

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

It was I who posted it. They stopped it for a while, but I've just checked there and it's now working again. Good catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Admin charge replaces the credit card fee so its not to bad. Also advertised price includes this fee so it is a better set up

ted1 wrote: »
    The Admin charge replaces the credit card fee so its not to bad. Also advertised price includes this fee so it is a better set up

I think the point is that the credit card fee of €6 (or £6) per passenger per flight was replaced by a €6 (or £6) per passenger per flight admin fee plus a 2% credit card fee - FR quids in. This admin fee has now increased very quickly to €7 (or £7) per passenger per flight (a 16% increase).

Now there is an argument that the admin for a booking irrespective of how many passengers or whether it is a single or return flight is the same so it should be a single admin fee per booking. However, despite this anomaly I think it is now clearer up front what the cost of the flight is so people can make a decision early on and not get hit by as many hidden charges later in the booking process.:)

fantastic airline.

I spend a lot of time on flights due to work. Over the past few years I have flown with BA, Aer Lingus, Ryanair, Easyjet, BMI Baby (when it existed), Lufthansa, American, United, Flybe, Aer Arann.

Ryanair, in my experience (and I can only comment on my experience), was easily the worst (by a long, long way) of the lot. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

d@rk l0rd wrote: »

Corrected for you! :rolleyes:
    If they can't be bothered to learn to speak proper English,they don't deserve any respect

Referring to cabin crew as trolley dollies shows as little respect for them as Michael O'Leary shows for passengers.

It's hardly surprising that flight attendants occasionally get confused about airports: they all look pretty much the same, and it's not as if they get a couple of hours to become familiar with the distinctions between the various airports they fly into.
    Rubbish, they should know exactly where they are due to fly to,i don't recall this ever happening anytime I flew with aer lingus

fantastic airline.
    Yes i do generally with Aer Lingus and in the last couple of years I've had zero problems with EI whereas I've had some nightmares with FR, i don't just complain about FR for the sake of it, unfortunately I've no option but to use them, i grin and bear it most of the time but when it goes tits up don't expect any help

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Rubbish, they should know exactly where they are due to fly to,i don't recall this ever happening anytime I flew with aer lingus

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/6190964/Passengers-panic-as-cabin-crew-plays-incorrect-message-saying-plane-to-ditch.html

People make mistakes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If they can't be bothered to learn to speak proper English,they don't deserve any respect

Wow!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Bought a Ryanair voucher for a relative for Xmas, he tried to use it but they wouldn't accept it as the name was spelt slightly wrong by one letter.
    Will they change the name if I try ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Low budget airline and people expect better than ****? Advice: Can't deal with cheap flights being **** & having extra charges? Don't fly with Ryanair! I sure as hell don't. Have no problem paying that bit extra to not fund that twat Michael O'Leary.

Also, flew with a few low budget airlines before, Ryanair are hardly a 'fantastic' low budget airline. Some people must really set their standards low.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'd read this on here before but only assumed that it wouldn't make a massive difference but I just booked a flight from Luton to Dublin using it and wow, it has saved me loads. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So because its never happened to you, therefore it has never happened. Nice logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'd read this on here before but only assumed that it wouldn't make a massive difference but I just booked a flight from Luton to Dublin using it and wow, it has saved me loads. Thanks!

Also, if that ever stops working again:
    Somewhere near the last stage of booking the flight there's the option of paying at Ryanair's exchange rate or your credit card provider's. It defaults to Ryanair's, and the option to change it is either a small button or link that's very easy to miss, but if you read each screen carefully you'll spot it. (It's not that hard to see when you're actually looking out for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

"Print out the boarding pass" fee has now gone from €60 to €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I really hope you're joking, considering it's probably their second or third language.

syklops wrote: »
    So because its never happened to you, therefore it has never happened. Nice logic.

It's their Job to know exactly where they fly to regardless of how mundane it might be

I really hope you're joking, considering it's probably their second or third language.

See my above comment, it's their job which is primarily an English speaking job, if i went to work for a Spanish company I would make the effort to become fluent in Spanish

I shouldn't laugh but :-)

The staff should have received a severe ticking off for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I shouldn't laugh but :-)

The staff should have received a severe ticking off for
    And be made stand in the naughty corner for at least 90 minutes.

But this happened with Aer Lingus, where terrorising staff is not as deeply-entrenched a management style as it is in Ryanair, so they might have got off more lightly than that.

Advertisement