Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

El Spearo wrote: »
    The very reason I hate people complaining about Ryanair. You don't know the restrictions and thus get angry when you are told you are wrong....which you are! There are very very very very very clear guidelines which were ignored through laziness or ignorance. I would never offer a complete stranger to place something they own in bag, especially not in an airport. While it may be very 'tin foil hat' of me, I wouldn't trust anyone I don't know in that situation. Also Duty Free shopping does have to be placed into luggage, and further more is security sealed and cannot be tampered with.

In a lapse of concentration once I had to fly to germany via london and bought whiskey in Ireland - totally forgetting I would lose the alcohol in London. You know who I was angry with? Myself because I made a mistake even though I knew restrictions. I popped the head out of the terminal and gave the bottle to two only delighted Irish people (they took it, which does go against my earlier point but its whiskey....everyone is happy).

Read the Ts and C's and stop moaning about being wrong.

It was an empty handbag, i seen the woman empty the contents herself so it hardly contained explosives I was doing what is called as a good turn!!

Listen pal I'm only too aware of the ruinair terms and conditions, I've taken a couple of hundred flights with them over the last few years and fly with them every other week so I know what I'm talking about, as long as the flight takes off ontime (or rather 15/20 minutes late which is par the course for FR) I don't mind but they've become gradually worse and worse over the years when it comes to ways to try and squeeze more and more money from Pax.

If you're ever in Leeds Bradford airport you'll see the sign in the duty free which clearly states you can bring your duty free purchase onboard in addition to your one item of luggage.

You are entitled to 1 bag on Ryanair including handbags, airport shop purchases etc., maximum weight is 10kg and the dimensions are on their website.

I don't see what the womans problem was, she was trying to steal from Ryanair, I doubt Ryanair want her custom anyway, these people just slow everything down for those of us who want to get from A to B as efficiently as possible.

You sound like an employee of FR with that bizzare comment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

That sign re allowing a duty free bag is also clearly displayed in Palma Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

That sign re allowing a duty free bag is also clearly displayed in Palma Airport

Yeah I think that duty free bag as well as your regular bag rule will come into effect in more and more airports over the next year or so. They will check a lot of the time that the duty free items are still sealed and you are not just trying to sneek extra items on board for free.

I love how Ryanair not optionally waiving something as a favour is an issue :pac:

I was coming back from a college trip at the start of the year and a girl couldn't fit her handbag into her proper bag, I said I was pretty sure it would fit in mine but if it ended up overweight she'd owe me for it. I wasn't weighed and everyone was happy!

• Advertisement

It's worth knowing anyway that in certain airports you can bring the extra bag onboard, so it's worth carrying the duty free empty bag just in case.

Maybe we can compile a list of airports where you can do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

jonnny68 wrote: »
    It was an empty handbag, i seen the woman empty the contents herself so it hardly contained explosives I was doing what is called as a good turn!!

Try telling that to airport security when they find traces of cocaine in said handbag.

syklops wrote: »
    Try telling that to airport security when they find traces of cocaine in said handbag.

:confused: FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

:confused: FFS

ffs all you want. I wouldn't risk it.whether it be a 1% or a 99% chance

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Hi all, i wont bore you with the exact details but was on a ryanair flight in the last couple of days that was delayed 4.5hrs due to a "technical fault". It messed things up badly for me and the eu261, comission that looks at the claims end, says i am entitled once the flight arrival is delayed over 3 hrs on a flight from the UK to Ireland.

On the ryanair website, it says what i get but doesnt say HOW to get it. I rang ryanair and she told me to click on "contact us", then "disruption" and fill out the form. I got a quick short automatic reply saying what happens if the flight is cancelled but not if delayed.

Does this mean they are lookong into it or will get back to me? All the info I gave so far was my name, booking reference, and email address and to select from a dropdown menu what the subject of my contact was. Didnt get to explain the issue, will they guess from the booking id, flight delayed etc...

Thanks for any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hi all, i wont bore you with the exact details but was on a ryanair flight in the last couple of days that was delayed 4.5hrs due to a "technical fault". It messed things up badly for me and the eu261, comission that looks at the claims end, says i am entitled once the flight arrival is delayed over 3 hrs on a flight from the UK to Ireland.

On the ryanair website, it says what i get but doesnt say HOW to get it. I rang ryanair and she told me to click on "contact us", then "disruption" and fill out the form. I got a quick short automatic reply saying what happens if the flight is cancelled but not if delayed.

Does this mean they are lookong into it or will get back to me? All the info I gave so far was my name, booking reference, and email address and to select from a dropdown menu what the subject of my contact was. Didnt get to explain the issue, will they guess from the booking id, flight delayed etc...

Thanks for any info

When your entitled to a claim:
    http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-i-am-entitled-to-under-eu-regulation-261

Claim form:
    https://www.ryanaireu261claims.com/?lg=EN

If you took the flight and did not have extra accommodation costs (e.g. overnight stay for delayed/next flight) then you get nothing.

They are not responsible for you missing a connecting flight/train/boat and accommodation as a result for example.

Your flight was only delayed so you should have asked for vouchers for food etc in the Airport.

Thats what I thought but you MUST put in the flight that was cancelled. My flight wasnt cancelled just hugely delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

If you took the flight and did not have extra accommodation costs (e.g. overnight stay for delayed/next flight) then you get nothing.

I don't think this is right

http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/eu261-ie.pdf
    If you are involuntarily denied boarding, your flight is cancelled or your flight is delayed more than 3 hours (provided an exception as specified above does not apply), you are entitled to receive the following amount from us:
     €250 in respect of all flights of 1,500km or less; or
     €400 in respect of all intra-EU flights of more than 1,500km, and for all other flights between 1,500km and 3,500km.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

From the FAQ

http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/eu261-en.pdf

There is an address in the PDF

'FLIGHT DELAY
    If we reasonably expect your flight to be delayed for two hours
    or more beyond its scheduled time of departure in the case of
    flights of 1500km or less (but three hours in the case of all
    intra-EU flights of more than 1,500km and of all other flights
    operated by us between 1,500km and 3,500km), you are
    entitled to the rights set out below. '

If you are involuntarily denied boarding, your flight is cancelled or your flight is delayed more than 3 hours (provided an exception as specified above does not apply), you are entitled to receive the following amount from us:
     €400 in respect of all intra-EU flights of more than 1,500km, and for all other flights between 1,500km and 3,500km.

That's what I thought also, thanks.

When your entitled to a claim:
    http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-i-am-entitled-to-under-eu-regulation-261

Claim form:
    https://www.ryanaireu261claims.com/?lg=EN

They are not responsible for you missing a connecting flight/train/boat and accommodation as a result for example.

Your flight was only delayed so you should have asked for vouchers for food etc in the Airport.

The voucher was for £3.50 per person. Since our flight was delayed from mid afternoon to nighttime, my dinner cost more than £3.50. If its only delayed a while, then I could delay dinner.

There is the inconvenience of it. Due to a Ryanair problem, not weather, atc, volcanos etc.., our flight meant I didn't get home until just after 5am this morning when I should have been home at 11pm last night. I had work to go to and it makes for an uncomfortable journey home and a pretty tiring day today. This time, it was their fault.

Also, ironically, I wouldn't have known much about this eu legislation except that Ryanair made a big song and dance about it about a year ago or so, and now go out of their way to show every paying passenger that they are paying extra for this cover (EU Levy), so thanks for making me aware of it FR.

By the way, quick calculation.... 80m passengers paying 25c each is €20m. That's €54,700 per day on average that they are taking in this payment each day. If each flight was FULL, and EVERY passenger claimed to be delayed by over 3hrs, and claim 250euros each, it would take 296 planes to be delayed EVERY DAY BY MORE THAN 3 hours with every passenger claiming to stop them making a profit from it. If that was happening, you wouldn't get that annoying tune on every landing, "Da Da Daaaa, you have arrived on yet another on time Ryanair flight......."

From the FAQ

http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/eu261-en.pdf

There is an address in the PDF

'FLIGHT DELAY
    If we reasonably expect your flight to be delayed for two hours
    or more beyond its scheduled time of departure in the case of
    flights of 1500km or less (but three hours in the case of all
    intra-EU flights of more than 1,500km and of all other flights
    operated by us between 1,500km and 3,500km), you are
    entitled to the rights set out below. '

Just seen the address, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

... 80m passengers paying 25c each is €20m. ..."

If only it were this low........(80m x €2.50 = 200m yoyos)

joeysoap wrote: »
    If only it were this low........(80m x €2.50 = 200m yoyos)

Holy s&€t, your right.that means over 2500 flights A DAY would need to be majorly delayed and everyone claim for them to use all his money.

Surely I have my sums wrong somewhere, or do I ?????

Your maths is a bit off, it's about 2100 passengers not flights which is roughly 11 planes / day, not including any administration overheads.

Edit: That's also worst case scenario as the €400 per passenger would lower that figure to maybe 9 per day, which is a good ratio as it amounts to about 0.5% of the total flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭xpletiv

El Spearo wrote: »
    ffs all you want. I wouldn't risk it.whether it be a 1% or a 99% chance

I think you should perhaps realise that people are people and take care of one another, even if they are strangers. RyanAir certainly wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

xpletiv wrote: »
    I think you should perhaps realise that people are people and take care of one another, even if they are strangers. RyanAir certainly wont.

Do wolves ever dress as sheep? Would you go to prison for someone?

I'm all for helping my fellow man (or woman), but there are somethings you just DON'T do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No one is going to scan a bag for traces of drugs in the 90 seconds between taking the bag at the gate and giving it back at the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

The catch all is :
    (in respect of any ‘Right to Compensation’) we can prove
    that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary
    circumstances which could not have been avoided even if
    all reasonable measures had been taken by Ryanair,
    including but not limited to political instability, safety and
    security reasons, weather disruption, labour disputes or
    failure or delay of air traffic control facilities.

The catch all is :

Yes but he did say it was a 'technical fault' which doesn't fall under exceptional circumstances.

Funnily enough I was watching Watchdog on BBC last night and they had a bit about a few of the charter companies not paying out on 'technical faults' by calling them exceptional circumstances. The EU has tightened up this definition to prevent this now.

Here is the sign in Leeds Bradford Airport, had an empty duty free bag and put another bag inside it this morning :P

33wa92d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Here is the sign in Leeds Bradford Airport, had an empty duty free bag and put another bag inside it this morning :P

33wa92d.jpg

:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My recent flight with ryanair was late getting into dublin airport by 15mins, that's a first for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ambo112

I can't check in online need to check in now emergency!!

Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into megathread

dudara

Advertisement