Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

ambo112 wrote: »
    I can't check in online need to check in now emergency!!

Anyone else have this problem?

There is a thread about similar problems today here ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84636456#post84636456

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Issue My GF and her friend had coming home from Malaga recently, they would allow her carryon saying it was too large, she has flown on Ryan Air on at least 10 different occasions (inluding the flight to Malaga) and it hasn't been a problem, it's a bit of a push into and out of the bin at the airport but it gets in and as we all know, there is an extra couple of inches on the actual plane itself, so not a problem. I should also note that its a hard case so its always the same size no matter whats in it.

So, my GF questioned the Ryanair employee working there and she (employee) started to get defensive and rude so my GF asked for her name, not only did she refuse but she also put her name tag down her top so that it couldn't be read. My GFs friends bag (used flying over too) was also refused without even being placed in the bin and they both had to pay, and they were told if they didn't pay the police would be called.

Pretty bad customer service, my main issue is the hiding of the name tag. Surely this isn't aloud, the name tag is there for a reason, yeah?

Any thoughts on the best way to proceed with this? Will anything be done when a complaint is made?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is the bag too large? Ie is it over the Ryanair measurements as stated on their website and booking pages? Ryanair have recently ditched the metal measuring cages in favour of cardboard boxes which look much smaller to me.

If the case was within the guidelines then there may be a complaint to make, if it's over the size limits but was able to be squeezed in on previous occasions..then "it got through before" isn't a valid justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

athtrasna wrote: »
    Is the bag too large? Ie is it over the Ryanair measurements as stated on their website and booking pages? Ryanair have recently ditched the metal measuring cages in favour of cardboard boxes which look much smaller to me.

If the case was within the guidelines then there may be a complaint to make, if it's over the size limits but was able to be squeezed in on previous occasions..then "it got through before" isn't a valid justification.

I haven't measured it myself, but they didn't measure it there either, so the only means of seeing if it was aloud on the plane at that time or not was placing it in the bin they provided. She said it to staff in Dublin when she returned and they said, if it goes into the bin it fits, it shouldn't be an issue.

Again, my main issue here is the hiding of the badge, if she was in the right why would she do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

Julez wrote: »

Again, my main issue here is the hiding of the badge, if she was in the right why would she do that?

Probably because she's being paid crap wages doing a crap job she hates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Ryanair don't have gate staff in Malaga. That service is provided by the Spanish company Lesma handling. There is actually only room for around 140 cabin sized bags in the cabin overhead lockers and there are 189 seats. The bin they provide is about an inch bigger in all dimensions than the official allowed size so if it doesn't fit then it is too big. So that gate staff lady was probably in the right so hiding her name badge was a strange thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

IngazZagni wrote: »
    There is actually only room for around 140 cabin sized bags in the cabin overhead lockers and there are 189 seats.

The main problem is that far too many people think they are entitled to put their luggage, irrespective of the size, into the overhead bins. People should be forced to put smaller bags and coats / jackets into the space under the seat in front of them.

Ironically by discouraging hold luggage, Ryanair have created a free for all in the cabin with hand luggage

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

People should be forced to put smaller bags and coats / jackets into the space under the seat in front of them.

why? they've paid the same as everyone else. Being polite and courteous is one thing, but being forced to do so just because someone else has (maybe) packed a bigger bag is hardly fair, ryanair flights aren't exactly the most spacious.

Maybe those who've packed the bigger bags should be forced to have other passengers smaller bags placed in the leg room space in front of their seat :pac: yup, ridiculous suggestion.

because it is obvious that not every 'big' bag can fit in the overhead locker. The seat in front is for smaller luggage, why do you not see that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The seat in front is for smaller luggage, why do you not see that?

You said the usage of such spaces should be forced upon certain passengers, I disagree. Passengers should not be forced to use their leg room space to accommodate those who have packed more luggage, that should be left to personal choice and courtesy.

why do you think your opinion is more valid than mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 yadayadaya

Help Please

I'm just after changing the time of my return flight from standsted to knock by a couple of hours. I seem to have been charged a huge amount is this right. I paid the 137 euro weeks ago but have been charged 188 euro today when i changed flight time. Surely this price cant be right. will i be charged the 188-137 which is 50 euro. or the dull 326 euro???

Is there anything i can do?

It wasn't very clear when i was making the payment. I was full sure i would be charged 50 euro. help please

attachment from email

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well the flight change fee was 60 so you're definitely paying more than 50. What are the flights selling for now?

Too late for you but it can be cheaper to just buy a new flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm fairly sure that's the way of things with Ryanair.

Surely this is a new booking as Ryanair do not offer flexi tickets. It seems clear from the screenshot that you have paid an additional €188

Is there anything I can do? If i ring them up would i get refunded? If i cancel the flight do i get a refund? Crazy money for a flight

Not really, it is a lesson that will you pay a lot for changing your mind on a flight day or time

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-flightandnamechanges

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

yadayadaya wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do? If i ring them up would i get refunded? If i cancel the flight do i get a refund? Crazy money for a flight

Ryanair don't refund flights. You may get your taxes back if you've got the patience to fight for them.

I dont get it it says on the table here flight time changes are 60 euro. why on earth am i being charged 188
    https://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

From their T&C's

'In addition to these flight change fees, any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available at the time of the flight change is charged. Please note that if the fare on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.'

I think i have it 60 pound charge for each of the tickets 120 pound + difference in flight price should be around 188..pure disaster why didn't i come on here before making the time change..

• Advertisement

do ye think i should go ahead with online check in or somehow try and get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

how many are on this ticket. There is an admin charge of €28 which would cover 4 passengers but only 2 checkin, 2 261 levy, 2 etc levy?
    also looks very like the first fare were practically give away so you have the difference in fares as well. out of curiosity why did you take out Ryanair insurance, you KNOW they won't pay out on anything so why waste money? If you are travelling frequently take out yearly insurance, if you are infrequent shop the net- blue, axa etc. (they won't pay out either but at least you are not giving it to RY)

2 of us..this is the first payment attached

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

joeysoap wrote: »
    ...Me, I would photograph the case from every angle, take it back to one of those measurement boxes, photo it in the box, photo the staff member who I was dealing with, take out all my valuables, throw away the case and fly without it, and take them to the small claims court on return, with receipt for all the new items I was forced to purchase. Interesting to see how that would turn out. Bet Ryanair would not even contest it, cause if I lost then I lost, but if they lost..........

It would turn out with you standing at the departure gate looking like an idiot while the plane took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

joeysoap wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why did you take out Ryanair insurance, you know they won't pay out on anything so why waste money?

Ryanair insurance- an oxymoron if ever I heard one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Julez wrote: »

Where did this myth of if you don't like what a person is saying you have a right to take their name come from???

If you knew some of the horrible things that have been done to people in the position of that woman you would understand why she hid her badge.

"As an unhappy customer, I have a right to know your name"

No you dont.

yadayadaya wrote: »
    2 of us..this is the first payment attached

the fare went up by €50, taxes and charges kicked in another €78 (your first booking was tax free) and the €60 change booking = €188 extra. They left the web checkin along with the 261 levy and the ets charge as they were.

FWIW friends of mine booked the man u v man city match earlier this year, and the match was changed to a monday night from saturday, it was cheaper to book clean for monday then to change the original booking. In your case it was cheaper to change and pay the rebooking charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

syklops wrote: »

"As an unhappy customer, I have a right to know your name"

No you dont.

I think some places have it as policy to supply names to customers. I know one place I used to work had a policy that if a customer asked, you gave them your name and staff ID number (although no one ever asked me but maybe they were just not looking to complain about me).

but yeah not a right

Cabin Bags: From 2nd July Easyjet will only guarantee you can take a bag on board with the smaller dimensions of 50 x40 x20. (normal Easyjet cabin bag size is 56 x 45 x25) The larger size is still free but you are NOT guaranteed to get it on board, it may be taken from you at the gate and put into the hold (free). Easyjet say that the smaller dimensions fit under the seat and you may be asked to put it there.

On a recent Aer Lingus flight I observed the cabin crew being subjected to what can only be described as abuse by a passenger who refused to put his bag under the seat in front, claiming that he had paid for the leg room. Which of course he did not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Funnily enough I've never once been stopped at the gate and had my bag checked for size when flying with EI whereas FR will go out of their way to sting pax with the over size baggage fee, i see it quite often Leeds Bradford is one of the worst airports for it,FR would probably deny it but staff have to be on some form of commission basis should they manage to impose a fee on pax for oversized baggage, then again MOL would likely sell his own mother to make a buck!

Advertisement